Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969389 times)
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6790 on: January 30, 2010, 08:07:51 PM

Pretty much: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1260727&page=1

In short, Aralis turned down an offer (return of D-G to Paxton, removal of all SBUs in Providence space in exchange for the promise of no further Sov warfare in Catch initiated by Providence residents. The offer was turned down.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Viper ShizzIe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6791 on: January 30, 2010, 08:25:51 PM

Hey maybe if PL weren't such pussies this might not be such an issue ;)

At least Fountain lasted longer than Delve.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6792 on: January 30, 2010, 08:28:46 PM

Popcorn

Hic sunt dracones.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6793 on: January 30, 2010, 08:59:15 PM

Popcorn

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #6794 on: January 30, 2010, 09:34:39 PM

Stay on target...
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6795 on: January 31, 2010, 02:41:32 AM

Typical of AAA to either arrogantly or stupidly ignore the way their opposite number will behave in negotiations.  They could have achieved a cease-fire no bother at all with the right RP rationale, but instead they say to the Amarr-loyalist RPers that they must abandon their very raison d'etre.  It shows a lack of subtlty and a pride-fuelled unawareness of their own best interests.

Welcome to a version of Eve where you drown in a sea of blues entirely of your own making.  I wish that CVA would come and occupy lower Syndicate to pacify that for the empire.

Anyway, Syndicate is providing us with absolutely constant small and mid-gang warfare right now.  There are hostile gangs of every size and composition, from titan ganksquads through Russian HAC gangs to destroyer ~wolfpax~, usually within as little as a single gate-jump from our base, which is great for FCs.  It's rotten space, and there is some discontent amongst those who keep score in cash, but most people are just enjoying doing something fun.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Viper ShizzIe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6796 on: January 31, 2010, 03:13:59 AM

Typical of AAA to either arrogantly or stupidly ignore the way their opposite number will behave in negotiations.  They could have achieved a cease-fire no bother at all with the right RP rationale, but instead they say to the Amarr-loyalist RPers that they must abandon their very raison d'etre.  It shows a lack of subtlty and a pride-fuelled unawareness of their own best interests.

Welcome to a version of Eve where you drown in a sea of blues entirely of your own making.  I wish that CVA would come and occupy lower Syndicate to pacify that for the empire.

Anyway, Syndicate is providing us with absolutely constant small and mid-gang warfare right now.  There are hostile gangs of every size and composition, from titan ganksquads through Russian HAC gangs to destroyer ~wolfpax~, usually within as little as a single gate-jump from our base, which is great for FCs.  It's rotten space, and there is some discontent amongst those who keep score in cash, but most people are just enjoying doing something fun.

I don't think AAA actually wanted providence to surrender. It's very likely they saw Provi as a way to combat stagnation since goons didn't give them the fights they were expecting. Adding in a way to "have negotiations" and make it look like CVA was being hardheaded could just be a shrewd political move to remove support for CVA from some smaller entities.

Then again it could be MC+FIX being inept at diplomacy.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6797 on: January 31, 2010, 04:02:03 AM

Ahahaha, there is absolutely no way this will end well for -A-
Outcome 1: They overcome their endemic laziness and actually finish a war, 'freeing' Providence. Then they look around and see nothing but a sea of blues.
Outcome 2: They do well until they come across someone who can actually set timers/their ADD kicks in and wander off with the job half-done, and -A- becomes "that part of the southern blob who couldn't even finish off the RP alliances"

Setar, please pass on my warmest congratulations to your leadership. This decision makes "Delve: Hey, who turned out the lights?" look slightly less stupid in comparison.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6798 on: January 31, 2010, 06:47:22 AM

I don't think AAA actually wanted providence to surrender. It's very likely they saw Provi as a way to combat stagnation since goons didn't give them the fights they were expecting. Adding in a way to "have negotiations" and make it look like CVA was being hardheaded could just be a shrewd political move to remove support for CVA from some smaller entities.

Then again it could be MC+FIX being inept at diplomacy.

Felt the offer was simple -- return to the status as before the invasion, but simply with a mutual non-invasion pact (aka, no sov warfare). CVA leadership is tired of their public view and feels they need to shed the 'that RP allliance' image.

As for finishing the campaign, we'll see. Not sure Goons are in a position to call others out on ADD, really; I also doubt that we really need to grind through 30+ stations before the first Providence corps bail. However, if they get everyone motivated enough to log in they'll easily have twice our fleet numbers which even without lag would make the whole thing.. interesting.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6799 on: January 31, 2010, 07:10:25 AM

Two people not logging in for a week doesn't make us ADD.  We have, after all, fought a three-year war.  I just kinda ignored the "what alliances have you thrown out of their space without Haargoth, goons?" post because it was silly, but let's not let that meme develop legs.   Some of these we booted out twice, and I cannot remember all the Feyth/PS/Esoteria ones.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6800 on: January 31, 2010, 07:21:58 AM

I am not talking about directors, Endie. The ability of GS in general to show up in force in one week, then gradually completely disappear during the campaign is basically a meme by now -- how many times did other alliance have to show up to bail you out? Remember the RAZOR and RAWR pilots asking they they were having more pilots in fleet than GS?

Anhow. I'd love to hear what you guys think the option are. We could have had Providence capture the systems linking HED to -A- space in Catch, and it is doubtful they'd stopped there. We could have just retaken our systems, but they'd just been as vulnerable once we reset our neighbours or roadtrip to the North. We chose to make a stronger point, take D-G and then stop for negotiations.

As for the future, it's going to take months to resolve this fight. Don't think anyone is worried about being surrounded by blues because nobody has the faintest idea what the map will look like at that stage. Maybe IT resets us, maybe new neighbours move into Querious... we'll worry about stagnation when the situation arises, not months in advance.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6801 on: January 31, 2010, 07:29:07 AM

I am not talking about directors, Endie. The ability of GS in general to show up in force in one week, then gradually completely disappear during the campaign is basically a meme by now -- how many times did other alliance have to show up to bail you out? Remember the RAZOR and RAWR pilots asking they they were having more pilots in fleet than GS?

This is all getting dangerously close to hurf blurf, but with GS, participation is more closely linked to how good the op post gimmick is than anything else, so it careers wildly up and down throughout campaigns. Also, seriously, you're posting that from AAA, who's leadership can't stay focused on the same war for more than three or four days, never mind the general membership.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6802 on: January 31, 2010, 07:33:08 AM

Goons had just spent a ~month camping one station pretty much solo with hundreds of people downtime to downtime.  Honestly I don't think AAA get to call out goons for being ADD either.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6803 on: January 31, 2010, 07:34:59 AM

That's what I'm saying, eldaec. Glasshouses and all. Also, see previous posts -- I'm probably one of the more pessimistic guys within the alliance when it comes to our ability to execute on mid- to long-term strategies.

dingusxavier
Terracotta Army

Reply #6804 on: January 31, 2010, 02:10:04 PM

This game may fucking suck, but I'll never forget those evenings spent in PR-, listening to the snail facts guy (celot?) read the count of monte cristo over teamspeak.

When goons are properly motivated they have quite a bit of stamina I think.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6805 on: January 31, 2010, 02:38:49 PM

AAA should ally with ROL and ATLAS to invade Delve for Delve War IV in a perfect repeat of Delve War I.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6806 on: January 31, 2010, 03:15:53 PM

Evoke are, apparently, evaccing their stuff to Empire. :(

They'll make someone in the South a very good renter.  I understand that they are very efficient at getting the most out of reaction chains.

Twitter - Endieposts

dingusxavier
Terracotta Army

Reply #6807 on: January 31, 2010, 03:49:13 PM

Hahaha are you fucking serious? They're giving up just like that?

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #6808 on: January 31, 2010, 03:54:44 PM

You know, that sounds eerily familiar, I wonder where I've heard that before... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

And if I'm going to be serious for a second here, I can't help but think maybe ev0ke might have made a bit of a boo-boo of this process. I mean, they've wardecced us either while or right before they began the evacuation, that doesn't sound like the best/most productive combination of actions to me...

dingusxavier
Terracotta Army

Reply #6809 on: January 31, 2010, 04:04:54 PM

Hey now, goons lasted a couple weeks.

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6810 on: January 31, 2010, 06:14:08 PM

Someone in GS forgets to pay the bills, and as a result BOB II moves back to Delve, Atlas returns home, -A- invades Providence, ev0ke evacuate to empire and TRI failcascade their way to Mark IV.

Oh my.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #6811 on: January 31, 2010, 06:53:10 PM

Only one thing missing from this picture...

"There are no goons. Goodbye."

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6812 on: February 01, 2010, 10:59:38 AM

Nah, this time around it's "There is no CVA. Goodbye" from -A-

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #6813 on: February 01, 2010, 11:04:51 AM

So who is fighting who now?  I'm totally lost.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6814 on: February 01, 2010, 11:34:09 AM

CVA is fighting AAA.

IT is fighting inanimate objects.

NC continues to fight Tri

Evoke is evaccing, while Goons are fighting two dozen annoying empire wardec corps.

Atlas is now somehow involved with :theeast: as ever, all the alliances over there have contradictory standings and just roam about treading on rakes.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
jape
Terracotta Army

Reply #6815 on: February 01, 2010, 12:10:21 PM

NC continues to fight Tri

According to scrapheap, TriCo already failurecascaded (again).
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6816 on: February 01, 2010, 12:25:58 PM

This is relevant to this thread vis a vis Tri

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?5564-The-Vale-Thread&p=65902&viewfull=1#post65902

Quote from: sacul
ermm yeah i was gonna be all smug and vague like my hero viper sjizzle but failure cascade works quick i suppose.

As you might know or read is that the backbone of our tactic was that we keep NC occupied while Atlas sweepes 2 regions. NC would go back to Atlas and we would go attack again. Hey i didnt think it was a bad plan and its why i endured so much bullshit lately but logging in less and less personally because of dominion server and not because of politics.

As allways mr. Bobby Atlas has decided to turn his back on his allies and offcourse i warned Endeva and others months ago he was a untrustworthy cunt but i chose to be a grunt so there is only so much they are willing to accept from a grunt. Standard hierarchal bullshit you find anywhere tbh.

Bobby contacted sister bliss from Init saying he was going back south and he should prolly do the same but if he could please not tell tri about that decision. At the same time endeva's computer or router/ some hardware breaks and he cant be online much. Doom tonight decide to leave x-7 after we agreed wednesday we aint leaving and just ride bikes for a week. R A also decide to leave and not tell the alliance, R A might leave tri alltogether from what i hear.
So i get wind of that and rumour has it that NC will be basing from x-7 for a while to keep us passive. Bope also evacs thanks to my corp talkings, after a few carrier jumps apparantly twinky comes online and finally a alliance wide decicion is made to go back to Aunenen. Some Nc titans jump in and kill a carrier who was evacing but 90% of the alliance left x-7 by now.
I have never seen a npc station based alliance failure cascade so fast and im eating all my last posts now on this forums.

Im really so far beyond caring i dont even care if they kick me over this post. Its just the most retarded shit i have ever seen. The logs and mails ill keep to myself but i can back everything i said above.

As i have said on tri forums:

Dear FOTM faggots,

The flavour is gone.
Tri is back to its normal perpetual fail cascading you can all leave again.

It was brief but fun.

Possible new FOTM corporations or alliances are:

# Euphoria Released is back!
# Tank ceo is spotted online again!
# Sys k is taking a whole new region!

And offcourse the 120 spies who joined over the last 4 months can now also leave again.

<3

Sacul

Tldr: Fuck Bobby atlas. All hail Tri N+1

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6817 on: February 01, 2010, 01:02:17 PM

As someone who had the 'pleasure' of working with TRI multiple times I'm not quite ready to lay all blame at Bobby's feet. And even if he's responsible I approve. TRI wouldn't be the same if they'd not increase their version number by one each year.

Edit: Already contradicted by Sister Bliss:

There was never any request by Atlas to hide anything from Tri in any sense, so I don't quite know where this has come from (and more importantly doesnt map to any conversation I had with Endeva). Knowledge of Atlas plans post-Geminate conquest have been widely known amongst most ldrship types, so should be no surprises to anyone.

That's Sacul for you, though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:21:57 PM by setar »

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6818 on: February 02, 2010, 02:47:26 AM

Karttoon is back from vacation, but it's still too early to see how things will really shake out.  It seems like he intends to remain CEO of Goonswarm, which will be interesting to watch over the next few days.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #6819 on: February 02, 2010, 08:38:10 AM

So the real question will be whether the loss of space has a morale / membership impact.

That said, is it possible for an alliance to engage in large scale PvP from NPC space? I'd assume that sources of funding and the ability to reinforce your space are less available?

I'm also unsure why some of the posts are saying goons are heading to NPC space while the wiki identifies syndicate as being 0.0. Is it possible to be both NPC space and 0.0?

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #6820 on: February 02, 2010, 08:51:13 AM

NPC pirate factions control little patches of 0.0.
Kovacs
Terracotta Army

Reply #6821 on: February 02, 2010, 10:08:20 AM

NPC 0.0 has NPC soveriegnty, unconquerable stations and unimprovable space via Ihubs.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6822 on: February 02, 2010, 12:55:59 PM

So the real question will be whether the loss of space has a morale / membership impact.

That said, is it possible for an alliance to engage in large scale PvP from NPC space? I'd assume that sources of funding and the ability to reinforce your space are less available?

I'm also unsure why some of the posts are saying goons are heading to NPC space while the wiki identifies syndicate as being 0.0. Is it possible to be both NPC space and 0.0?

Yeah Syndicate is NPC 0.0, like Curse, Venal and part of Delve.  But worse.

Here's the unvarnished truth:

The situation is currently that head retard Karttoon is intent on staying, backed up by some mid-level directors, each of whom is pretty unpopular in their own rights.  Others of the more worthless and invisible directorate members are staying quiet, but no doubt are saying to Kerttoon in private that they are happy for him to stay.  Sweeping change would see several lose their jobs.

On the other side, The Mittani has been pretty clear that he thinks Karttoon should go, and is probably the second-most popular director right now, after Darius.  Darius is trying to give Goons direction, but Karttoon has refused to hand over to him, which was the plan.

Karttoon has basically posted once to make a weak joke about his fuckup, to say it wasn't his fault, and to fail to address the fact that the majority of Goonswarm clearly wants him and his coterie out.  Karttoon has never communicated much with Goons, though, so the fact that he can't be bothered now is no surprise.

Basically, part of Goonswarm is still trying to get their stuff out of Delve.  Part is losing that stuff to NPC pirates and wardecs.  Part is in Syndicate wondering wtf to do.  And the rest are camped into Orvolle by Ev0ke.  Mister Vee and DBRB are trying to organise stuff in the face of Karttoon's silence.

How are the mighty fallen.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6823 on: February 02, 2010, 01:40:25 PM

Would be surprised if this is more than a phase, though. That's one of the strengths of having an out-of-game cohesion; you always have something to fall back to. Might lose some of the recent arrivals and corps, but at the core it's an alliance that would be almost impossible to break up.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6824 on: February 02, 2010, 01:42:42 PM

Oh it's not a problem for Goonfleet or even for Goonswarm.  But we'll not be fully effective until our glorious leader retires to gimmick mackinaws in highsec.

Edit: not a huge long-term problem.  Right now it's a crippling one.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:48:38 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: