Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1972050 times)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #5950 on: August 18, 2009, 12:31:48 AM

Killboards can be misleading.

Here are my personal stats, from the F13 killboard (which means it may not be complete):

Damage dealt (ISK):   18.09B   Damage taken (ISK):   844.85M

As far as I can tell, this means I've got a few shots off on a few carriers before my battlecruiser gets blown up.

Oo oo I wanna play!

Kills:   336                              Real kills:   284
Losses:   23                        Real losses:   19
Damage dealt (ISK):   23.09B   Damage taken (ISK):   535.4M
ISK efficiency:   97.73%           ISK ratio:   43.13M : 1M
Kill / loss efficiency:   93.73%   Kill / loss ratio:   14.95 : 1
Viper ShizzIe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5951 on: August 18, 2009, 01:48:48 AM

152 Dreads died today. In kills, ATLAS and AAA came out on top, GS+RZR+PL held the field. 3 peacetime dreadnought fleets wiped out. ROL sent one stealth bomber. All sides claim they have already replaced their losses.

Oops, guess that finally breaks the Y-W record. I really need to start using an alt when I FC, think I was the 5th or 6th PL dread to go down. Was a pretty good fight, I had a feeling that ATLAS/-A- were going to manage to warp on us but decided to go in at range anyway in an attempt to pick a few of them off and see if our tackle wouldn't be complete shit (it was).

As for PL, all losses *should* be replaced within the next 24h as all we need to do is move hulls.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5952 on: August 18, 2009, 03:27:21 PM

The real winner here is cap producers, as they were looking at a real problem when the Delve War II meatgrinder ended.

Witty banter not included.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5953 on: August 18, 2009, 08:18:41 PM

Whats going on in the northern drone territories? I heard the NC took out a few pos's around there recently.

Also it seems White Noise./ERR0R and TCF are having a rumble in Venal.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5954 on: August 21, 2009, 12:21:37 PM

Entirely too quiet in here. Razor has taken over for the GS foreign legion for now, and TCF pilots are clamoring that they want to move south (as soon as their leaderships starts being more active again). Any comments on the ongoing rumours of TCF/RAWR relocation to the south?

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5955 on: August 21, 2009, 05:09:03 PM

Entirely too quiet in here. Razor has taken over for the GS foreign legion for now, and TCF pilots are clamoring that they want to move south (as soon as their leaderships starts being more active again). Any comments on the ongoing rumours of TCF/RAWR relocation to the south?

I wouldn't be surprised if TCF wanted to kick Sc0rched Earth before they officially became a corpse.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #5956 on: August 22, 2009, 05:32:18 AM

MM are going south - jlo here we come.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5957 on: August 22, 2009, 09:25:10 AM

Risking another 'Catch is being invaded' moment I just don't think Scorched Earth warrants RAWR, TCF and Razor. With PL also ringing our bell via R64 moons it looks like the summer break is finally over.

rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5958 on: August 22, 2009, 12:58:07 PM

farming BYRN with blops was fun, shame it had to end. the gffl was scheduled to go back east today but the op was cancelled. Also apparently atlas dd'd a big RA bs fleet, which could potentially hurt them since I heard RA's hurting on cash but idk how true that is
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5959 on: August 22, 2009, 01:52:28 PM

Risking another 'Catch is being invaded' moment I just don't think Scorched Earth warrants RAWR, TCF and Razor. With PL also ringing our bell via R64 moons it looks like the summer break is finally over.

Catch is less likely to be invaded than Atlas territory.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5960 on: August 22, 2009, 01:56:15 PM

Yeah, if I was Bobby I'd be preparing a backup plan for the core Atlas corps to hide in Stain again, just in case.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5961 on: August 22, 2009, 02:06:04 PM

Well, at least the allied forces will have their third chance to get BOB to disband before resetting status to each other.

Sorry. Could not resist smiley

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5962 on: August 22, 2009, 02:43:09 PM

It's not really BoB if EVOL is the only corporation, though.  Has there been any word about getting the band back together?
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5963 on: August 22, 2009, 04:08:29 PM

Dammit, I need to mark my attempt at sarcasm more clearly ;-)

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5964 on: August 22, 2009, 04:59:13 PM

Since the executor corp is a one-man job, it's going to be one hell of a coup if we can disband this puppy.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5965 on: August 23, 2009, 09:47:31 AM

Brick Squad are the independent bunch who are fighting Stain and all their pets.  They're not friendly to Goonswarm, and did a lot more damage duriong the invasion than Kenny did, but they contacted us (via Phreeze) to say they had a target (initially a titan) and did we want to temporarily blue them for a hot-drop.  In fact we didn't blue them, just left them neutral, but the effect was the same.  They tackled and we hot-dropped.

The net result was that we killed 19 Sys-K capitals for no losses of our own early this morning: http://killboard.goonfleet.com/system/J-AYLV/1-1

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5966 on: August 24, 2009, 03:52:51 PM

Triple postin, while a faux-pas, should be excusable on the grounds that nobody else is shifting their arse.

In proof that Sc0rched Earth are so bad that they actually drag surrounding alliances down with them, a AAA R64 in ZLO- will come out at 0135 on Wednesday.  That's US Prime for those watching in black and white.  This was formerly a Sc0rched Earth system (although AAA held the valuable moon, of course), but TNT took it recently, via a couple of days of AAA sov.  TNT are the TCF pets who stayed loyal when Sc0rched Earth backstabbed TCF and swapped sides, and they've been doggedly harassing BYRN ever since then, dropping towers and making themselves a nuisance.

This being a sov 1 system, there is no jammer but plenty of scope for hot drops and counter-hot drops.

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5967 on: August 24, 2009, 04:49:42 PM

Triple postin, while a faux-pas, should be excusable on the grounds that nobody else is shifting their arse.

I for one think it's fine; this thread is essentially a blog with no good delineation between posts and comments  awesome, for real

Witty banter not included.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5968 on: August 24, 2009, 07:22:25 PM

Well. Could point out that the same Brick Squad managed to lose a fair number of caps trying, without success, to save Burn Eden's titan from the mission coalition. But then that's been widely reported already.

And nobody bit when I tried to play the united napland card, so I'll just wait until an actual attack on Atlas/-A- space begins ;-)

Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #5969 on: August 25, 2009, 12:09:34 AM

That's strange, Kugsofag reported that Bricksquad is the corp that invited GS in for the Titan kill, or maybe I'm mixed up.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5970 on: August 25, 2009, 12:31:49 AM

Brick Squad let us know about an opportunity to kill a titan but that op fell through and became the cap fight against Systematic Chaos.  The titan that died was a day or two later and no Goons were involved.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5971 on: August 25, 2009, 01:46:11 AM

Yep -- and Brick decided, for whatever reason, to jump in their capitals in an attempt to save the titan when it was too late already.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5972 on: August 25, 2009, 02:20:42 AM

And nobody bit when I tried to play the united napland card, so I'll just wait until an actual attack on Atlas/-A- space begins ;-)

Actually, with the loss of Minor Threat, CoW and Quarantine Zone we actually outnumbered the AAA/Atlas bloc for a short but glorious while.  But with CoW back on board and Tri being paid for by ROL we're back to being the plucky underdog again  awesome, for real

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5973 on: August 25, 2009, 04:33:56 AM

This deserves better than being tacked onto a counter-troll.

Faced with their all-important but declining stats against Goonswarm and KIA, Triumvirate found themselves casting around for a way to boost their efficiency above the embarrassing fifty-five or fifty-six percent that it sat at.

Suddenly it came to them!  Simply delete their titan loss from their killboard!  It's so simple... it's been staring them in the face.  So you have Sokra in a capsule on the killmail of a rifter he doomsdayed http://triumvirate-alliance.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=4001617 but no titan loss on his killboard! http://triumvirate-alliance.com/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=25626  - Just look at that 99.89% efficiency.  Elite Pvp!

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5974 on: August 25, 2009, 09:07:47 AM

Truly their tactical awsomeness will be sung for generations to come!

Hic sunt dracones.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #5975 on: August 25, 2009, 09:08:30 AM

It's back now.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #5976 on: August 25, 2009, 09:47:04 PM

Can anyone give me a link that explains the major coalitions nowadays? The proliferation of Russians is confusing, I've completely lost track of who is friends with TCF, and there's a lot of big space-holding alliances I didn't know about last year.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5977 on: August 25, 2009, 10:28:11 PM

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0908/influence_paint.JPG

White is the North
Orange is Pandemic
SW Purple is Goons
NE Purple is Vodka Russians
Green is RSF
Grey is  (I do not know a name for you guys)
Teal is Aluminum Russians
Blue is Awesome

White, Orange, Green and Purples all more or less get along far enough not invade each other and some cooperate to fight Grey.

I know this is not perfect and I may have messed up a bit, but it is close.  If I screwed it up a bunch, point out corrections.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:29:55 PM by Pezzle »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5978 on: August 25, 2009, 10:33:58 PM

You totally left Paxton and LF out in the cold!

That's a pretty accurate map, though there are some things that defy mapping such as Legion of xXDeathXx being friendly with the NC while Solar Fleet fights them, etc.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5979 on: August 25, 2009, 10:35:37 PM

I knew after I uploaded someone was going to bitch about that circle :P

The blue ring of awesome covers Providence and a part of Catch.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5980 on: August 26, 2009, 03:13:23 AM

That's a damn good map, and the circles-within-circles show the tiered nature of many relationships well, with central and peripheral members.  I don't think that KIA and ZAF really count as RSF members, but then you'd have to add another set (it's really a Venn diagram) for the Delve/Goon Bloc, so fair enough.

Last night, a AAA R64 in what had been Sc0rched Earth space came out of reinforced in US Prime.  AAA and Atlas decided not to use capitals, so they brought a decent support fleet.  I am surprised that Atlas couldn't muster more in US TZ, but AAA rustled up good numbers.  Their decision to eschew capitals meant that they'd pretty much given up on the tower, however.

Here is Vee's summary of things:

- we moved supportfleet from jlo to 1v-, imperian bridged us into target system along with rzr supportfleet and a few xix tagging along

- atlas/-a- decided to back out of using capitals, so they brought a combined ~150-200 man bs fleet to do some damage with along with the pos guns

- minor threat cyno'd in to the hostile pos, entered siege, -a- warped out of pos to sniper range, killed a dread

- as we set up the slingshot bubble and warpins to engage -a-, they changed alignment from a planet towards the pos, so they had no time to warp out before bubble landed

- tacklers came in close, rzr/gs/xix bs came in at range, destroyed -a-

- atlas fleet warped out of pos, sniped some shit

- it became obvious they werent gonna bring any caps so us and rzr brought in caps to hit battleships

- when -a- fleet was practically dead we set up slingshot for atlas, went in to bubble, ctrl+q'd my client because i died, warped in ~MY REVELATION~, when i landed on grid there was nothing but wrecks

- fuck pl

- atlas got dd'd again on the way home, leftovers of -a- died on some gate v0v

Sc0rched Earth wanted to help, but nobody on their side trusts them so they were told to camp the route to catch stragglers.  This proved beyond them and they got two kills and lost fourteen ships in return.

Twitter - Endieposts

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #5981 on: August 26, 2009, 10:27:26 AM

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #5982 on: August 26, 2009, 06:22:31 PM

Discussion of Providence, 0.0 Development, Exploration, etc. moved to here.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5983 on: August 26, 2009, 10:46:22 PM

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0908/influence_paint.JPG

White is the North
Orange is Pandemic
SW Purple is Goons
NE Purple is Vodka Russians
Green is RSF
Grey is  (I do not know a name for you guys)
Teal is Aluminum Russians
Blue is Awesome

White, Orange, Green and Purples all more or less get along far enough not invade each other and some cooperate to fight Grey.

I know this is not perfect and I may have messed up a bit, but it is close.  If I screwed it up a bunch, point out corrections.

some corrections:  the RSF doesn't really exist anymore, TCF is solidly a part of the NC, i would group solar independently of anyone else and not with xdeath, minor threat is part of the xdeath/ra coalition, you could put a circle within a circle for stain wagon (stain empire/sysk/coven/stainless) as they're a distinct part of the AAA/Atlas/stainwagon/etc. southern coalition
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:52:23 PM by rand »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5984 on: August 27, 2009, 08:00:38 AM

I think you can simplify that tbh.

The West

Goons
Pandemic Legion
Red Alliance
le TCF (put them in the North if you prefer)
KIA
Zenith Affinity
Sons of Tangra

The North

Razor
Morsus Mihi
Mostly Harmless
Wildly Inappropriate
Circle of Two
Majesta Empire
Aptropos

The East

... of Death
Solar...
IRC
ED

The South

AAA
Atlas
Stain
Systematic Chaos
ROL
Coven
Scorched Earth
Minor Threat

Providence

CVA

The West and the North are chill brosefs, if anyone makes a serious bid to upset the status quo, they'll go blue and stomp collectively on the threat.

The East are all batshit insane. They do batshit insane things for reasons nobody can follow.

The South exist primarily to service the egos of Evil Thug, Nync and Bobby Atlas, this is probably for the best, as they provide the only real threat to peace in the Galaxy.

Providence is Providence.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:02:25 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: