Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:45:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969398 times)
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5880 on: August 10, 2009, 09:08:16 PM

You can just follow the pictures- Elephants are Titans, Horses are Motherships. Barrels are labelled stront, and towers and towers.  SirMolle is the either on an elephants, or standing next to a dead one. Also, Trevor makes an appearance at one point! I don't think anyone else who posts here does, so congratulations TR.

oh hey neat!   i don't know why i'm climbing a tower but i'm officially an important member of a mmo community now
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #5881 on: August 11, 2009, 01:10:16 AM

Hugging pos, you see :)

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5882 on: August 11, 2009, 09:24:56 AM

haha, that's pretty good
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5883 on: August 11, 2009, 12:36:05 PM

I can't pretend I'm not jealous.  Avalloc will probably get it printed and be selling it, btw.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #5884 on: August 11, 2009, 04:29:30 PM

I hope he fixes the fucking font first.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5885 on: August 11, 2009, 04:44:47 PM

Oh good. I thought it was just me who found it completely unreadable.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5886 on: August 11, 2009, 05:29:47 PM

Oh good. I thought it was just me who found it completely unreadable.

I didn't even finish the first page.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5887 on: August 11, 2009, 05:50:49 PM

You illiterate colonials...

If you just start reading it then it becomes easy by the second or third page.  And it was a design choice on his part: he was making a Mughal book, and it works well...

As he says, the text isn't even really the point.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5888 on: August 11, 2009, 11:37:16 PM

I'll wait for the animated movie then.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5889 on: August 12, 2009, 07:58:29 AM

If you just start reading it then it becomes easy by the second or third page.  And it was a design choice on his part: he was making a Mughal book, and it works well...

I'll check it out the next time I have time to take a few hours to strain my eyes reading walls of text in an odd font amid exotic pictures.  I hope there will be a version for the Holo-Kindle in 2075.

Witty banter not included.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5890 on: August 12, 2009, 08:41:29 AM

Needs more feb-may 2009.

But very cool anyway.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5891 on: August 12, 2009, 08:47:26 AM

The Muhgals were well known for their use of Times New Roman 12-point.  I'm sure that would have looked great.

In other news, RA dropped some towers in a Sc0rched Earth station + r64 system.  BYRN decided that deploying their pitiful dread fleet in response, and lost five dreads as a result.  I suspect that the PL/NC gang didn't expect them to deploy capitals, as they turned up in HACs.  Still enough to drive poor BYRN into a POS and kill their caps.

Then PL and the NC gang (can't remember if it was MM or Razor, or maybe a bit of both) reset standings again, took twelve paces and discharged their weapons honourably.  Well, PL went two jumps ahead, set up on a gate, and when everyone was ready the NC jumped into them, which was damned sporting of them.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5892 on: August 12, 2009, 08:51:19 AM

At least BYRN came out and fought.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5893 on: August 12, 2009, 09:57:21 AM

At least BYRN came out and fought.

A fight was the last thing they wanted.  They didn't pre-announce the op to virtually anyone and so had even crappier numbers.

In slightly confusing follow-up to Hardin's cryptic "a holder will be leaving us" post, and in news which will probably only be of real interest to those of us who "did time" in Aegis Militia, there was some discussion on kugutsumen this week...

Quote from: Nicky D
In other Providence news, "Praetorian Guards", a new alliance formed by Hammer of Light, a corp that left a Holder alliance to join Zenith Affinity only to leave Zenith to form their own alliance, has declared their return to the region. Talking to a few of the higher-ups during their stay in Prov (they came across to me as quite astute, if overly ambitious and independent so far as Providence personalities go), it came across as really funny that within a week of Aegis Militia losing their CVA-granted constellation, they've declared themselves a Prov-defending, NRDS-friendly alliance a month after sending roaming gangs into prov with rants in local about how CVA + Holder leadership exploited the blind sheeple. Better to reign in Prov then serve in Period Basis I guess.

Quote from: Voidsong
Double check those facts. http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Aegis_Militia

There was a bit of talk a few weeks ago about AM "stepping down" as holders by an element of the leadership that has generally left the alliance by this point. The alliance as a whole wasn't even aware of this until after the fact. Those less inclined to read the forums still don't even know that this was a possibility. The leadership that was tired of the responsibilties and logistics of space holding have exited.

The leaders stepping in to assume the burdens have no inclination continue this line of thought or to give up what the grunts have worked so hard to build up. The four outposts that AM built, three in the last 6 months, are not something the member corps are going to give up lightly.

Quote from: syphnblitz
Aegis Militia's executor (Soratah) has already announced to LoneWolfNight that Aegis Militia will be giving up its houlder status. Outpost corps will be paid off on the margin for their outpost or will be removed by force.

this is why us 'old guard' left, besides the fact that we were also forced out by the ^@#@ing morons who thought they could run things. So far, their 'increased fleet sizes' have lead to more losses than have ever been accrued in a month long care-bear stretch.

Bunch of morons that deserve to lose that space.

Obviously, varying views here, but it would be totally in-character for Soratah to get bored of holding space and to screw over the 99% of his alliance not in Aegis Militia Corp as a result.  That said, Aegis Militia were last a useful PvP force when Bat Country were there...  We had more kills than the rest of the alliance put together for month after month, peaking (I think) at double the rest of the alliance put together.

Twitter - Endieposts

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5894 on: August 12, 2009, 10:03:56 AM

Just wow, that's a ton of effort to just throw away.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 11:19:11 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #5895 on: August 12, 2009, 10:12:01 AM

Aegis Militia have become a reasonably decent industrial alliance (so far as mining veldspar goes) of late and have all but ceased their pvp side, with the exception of a small minority. Superjews if you will.

Word has it that they now have contacts in curse and operate there regularly, so maybe they intend on moving.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5896 on: August 12, 2009, 10:40:33 AM

I ran across an aegis pilot in curse once a few weeks ago. Not kra but one of the guys like that.

Anyway, any industrialists that moved to Curse would last days. They'd be gutted.

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5897 on: August 12, 2009, 11:24:43 AM

FWIW, the guys who do the PODDED podcast were in AM until recently.  They remarked on their last podcast that they'd left AM in response to frustration over low participation in defense gangs and the intrinsic problems of NRDS, but that they still considered Soratah a friend. 

They also said something about 500 pilots leaving AM recently but that doesn't seem borne out by the dotlan statistics.

Witty banter not included.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5898 on: August 12, 2009, 02:28:32 PM

Always liked Soratah, shame it's him and not Shayna responsible for this.  If the other quote is true, it's very nice of the rest of the holders to be throwing the AM peons out on their asses after getting sov 4 in the constellation that they've held for two years.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5899 on: August 12, 2009, 04:36:44 PM

To be fair, Soratah made a devil's bargain in letting that lot into Providence in return for outposts.  Aegis Militia depended on their RP to stay relevant and to keep their place in Providence.  They swamped themselves with what we would refer to as pubbies, effectively.  If the new leadership get to keep their place, which is not altogether impossible,  I suppose, then hardin is one liberal RPer.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5900 on: August 12, 2009, 04:45:10 PM

Strikes me as something that would fall under Lonewolfnight's jurisdiction, not Hardin's.  Wonder how Aralis feels about it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5901 on: August 14, 2009, 06:56:00 AM

Triumvirate and ROL hot-dropped Goonfleet's Delve capfleet in 319 yesterday, as we went about destroying another of their obvious-bait towers.  Unfortunately for them, the natural advantage of being the ones doing the hot-dropping were insuffucient to save them from losing over twice the capitals they killed.  We gutted them.

Amusingly, Tri deliberately only brought their dreads on those pilots in the second half of the alphabet, clearly hoping that ROL would bear the brunt.  When our FCs worked this out they just chewed through Tri non-stop before going back to deal with ROL.

It continues to make me chuckle gleefully that Tri have a campaign on their front page called "lolKIA" which currently runs at 48% efficiency.  "lol".  Quite.  If you're going to smack-talk like that you gotta back it up with your much-vaunted stats.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5902 on: August 14, 2009, 07:40:14 AM

It continues to make me chuckle gleefully that Tri have a campaign on their front page called "lolKIA" which currently runs at 48% efficiency.  "lol".  Quite.  If you're going to smack-talk like that you gotta back it up with your much-vaunted stats.

It was at 68% several days ago.

Hic sunt dracones.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #5903 on: August 14, 2009, 08:14:07 AM

20% drop? Lol indeed.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5904 on: August 14, 2009, 10:15:41 AM

Actually, looking at the encounter and summing up the number of KIA pilots involved in fighting the 'invaders' lolKIA seems strangely accurate...

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5905 on: August 14, 2009, 10:26:49 AM

Actually, looking at the encounter and summing up the number of KIA pilots involved in fighting the 'invaders' lolKIA seems strangely accurate...

a) We're not the ones who put a campaign and anticipated having masturbatory stats up on our killboard front page only to have them go pear-shaped on us.  If Tri want to play that game then I get to laugh at them.
b) Any KIA who were there just happened to be hanging around, much like when Imperian read jabber and showed up: we didn't beg them to turn up.
c) We are having great fun with the Tri killboard, posting our stats from it onto the gf forums.  It has almost all my losses and only 60% of my kills on my main, and yet I look like a PvP god.  That board is calculated to make people think they are truly elite.
d) KIA saved our titans not once but twice this month so they're A-OK in my book.
e) if you will keep up this obsession with poor KIA it is going to begin to look like jealousy of them for not their alliance alliance surviving instead of imploding post-Delve 1, and them having the willpower to rebuild and keep going instead of folding into Daisho. And I don't want to believe that, man, I really don't.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5906 on: August 14, 2009, 11:25:37 AM

My point simply was: berating TRI for a poor K/D ratio against KIA is a bit strange when their losses are not caused by KIA. Simple as that.

That, and arguing about killboard stats is something I thought was limited to BOB ;-)

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #5907 on: August 14, 2009, 11:34:10 AM

Berate? Endie made a good point, if you want to shoot off at the mouth, back it up and follow through. Even if the people you're laughing at aren't doing you the most damage, you still look like a pretentious tool.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5908 on: August 14, 2009, 12:51:51 PM

Well that is the Tri line, and I was expecting it to pop up when I saw this this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZI3oZaV-Rg&fmt=22

the first comment

you may notice they had 70% until those 3 kia guys whored on the dread mails :) its a confusing system isnt it i forgive you

Of course the snag is that a week and a half ago Tri was stroking about its 85% efficiency vs Kia. They lost 17% of their total efficiency for the entire campaign of a month and a half inside 6 days. Yes I've been keeping half an eye on the Tri Killboard

Oh and before someone talks about a Morsus Mihi on the killmails and goons having to call in the naptrain (the other excuse I've been seeing) he just happened to be in the area and jumped in a megathron.

Oh and I suck. I only have an 97% efficiency on the Tri board and pilots have a 12% chance of survival :(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 01:01:30 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #5909 on: August 14, 2009, 03:47:07 PM

That's an amazingly cool book. For a game about internet spreadsheets spaceships to inspire that is quite something.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5910 on: August 14, 2009, 03:50:18 PM

My point simply was: berating TRI for a poor K/D ratio against KIA is a bit strange when their losses are not caused by KIA. Simple as that.

That, and arguing about killboard stats is something I thought was limited to BOB ;-)

As I said, the Tri culture is based around their killboard efficiency.  That is why I think it is funny that they have stuck that campaign on their front page, and that they have to look at that statistic.  If they defined themselves by taking space, and they did so with a 30% efficiency, I couldn't laugh, nor would I be tempted to, since I don't define success by efficiency either.  But I say again: I don't care about their KB efficiency.  I care that they smacked KIA on the front page of their KB and it has, so far, backfired.  That's all.  Well, that and the fact that I have no doubt that their forums are an angst-ridden orgy of people complaining about KIA killmail-whoring, and that leaves me slightly aroused.

To clarify, i am not berating Tri for their poor kollbosrd efficiency against KIA.  I am berating them for smacking others on efficiency and then failing on that same measure.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5911 on: August 14, 2009, 05:01:30 PM

From my time in TRI, KB was important. You flew a bad fit, you ate shit about it.

TRI's KB was always fun for me to watch at work. The activity of it compared to other alliances was crazy. It's a lot of guys that like pew pew. We would fight people all over, and we would generally kick ass. TRI has never been good in standard cap/fleet engagements. Minus us hotdropping a poor mom or some shit. It sounds like that can't even do that right anymore.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5912 on: August 14, 2009, 05:04:57 PM

As I said, the Tri culture is based around their killboard efficiency.  That is why I think it is funny that they have stuck that campaign on their front page, and that they have to look at that statistic.  If they defined themselves by taking space, and they did so with a 30% efficiency, I couldn't laugh, nor would I be tempted to, since I don't define success by efficiency either.  But I say again: I don't care about their KB efficiency.  I care that they smacked KIA on the front page of their KB and it has, so far, backfired.  That's all.  Well, that and the fact that I have no doubt that their forums are an angst-ridden orgy of people complaining about KIA killmail-whoring, and that leaves me slightly aroused.

To clarify, i am not berating Tri for their poor kollbosrd efficiency against KIA.  I am berating them for smacking others on efficiency and then failing on that same measure.

To be fair, KB is really the only measure for a PVP alliance. Of course it matters. Space held would be the other indicator...but nowadays it just means you are Naptrain folks and blobbers

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5913 on: August 14, 2009, 05:38:53 PM

A ton of Tri just mass registered on Kugutsumen as people were casting doubt on their massive pvpness or something and they had to validate themselves at people on the internet

This is the gem I think, from Darknesss

Originally Posted by Darknesss

As for us being irrelevant. We are far more relevant than most of you accept or admit. We've killed probably far more alliances than most entities in this game, true most of them were utterly awful but then who can take down the big dogs when they band together.

Eddz, your alliance is in a bad state, and if it wasn't for goons/zaf/rebellion helping and stepping in you would already be down atleast one station to us - not anyone else (just us). Truthfully this isnt a moan, we know who's KIA allies, we know goons sure as shit wont want us living in period basis. But we're here anyway and until we leave no one can say what will happen.

You think we wont get moons, or space if we want it? its a matter of time, opportunity. If another major war comes along people simply wont be able to stop us. At the moment there is no war, mostly alliances are looking around for the odd cap fight here and there. I keep reading these bitter posts particularly from goons who's only ever slant on us is "go disband again". We've disbanded twice, do I think we're as good as we were originally - absolutely.

Unfortunately at the moment there are no opportunities like there were then, the MC ramming the NC gave us the perfect window. That time will come around again, if we want it.

I'm sure TRI members will continue to smack in local, and you guys will smack back, and smack on here - thats what eve is these days.

Oooh were tough. Really really. Just you wait.

Oh, and apparently Tri ~wulfpax~ are making delve uninhabitable and unusable.  swamp poop
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:13:22 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5914 on: August 14, 2009, 06:08:28 PM

What he is saying is that if all the pvpers of an alliance fuck off somewhere else or someone competent attacks a medium-sized alliance and pulls their PvPers away they can totally fight it out with the ratters and miners that are left behind.

Seriously, that's what he's saying.  Without someone hypnotising him or anything.

and Slay I do get that some people choose to play Eve for the killboard efficiency, and that's cool.  I don't do it myself and tend to find it a bit pointless but I doubt that matters to them.  I just find it funny that they pick someone they think will be easy to rebuild their morale, make fun of them, put their stats against them on the front page and then indulge in (I believe that this is the Tri term) "epic fail".   Absolutely seriously, I wonder if they will have to stay until they get a lucky engagement and save that stat?

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: