Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971911 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5075 on: May 12, 2009, 11:00:34 AM

Why and How are all these terrible people getting these mega ships?
It's just a question of time and persistence.  Even someone just running missions in Empire can save up enough money for a Dread with a month or two of dedicated ratting.  Getting an MS is just a matter of cat-assing long enough.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5076 on: May 12, 2009, 11:07:07 AM

The wonderful thing about EVE is that losing one is even easier.

Witty banter not included.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #5077 on: May 12, 2009, 01:09:41 PM

Why and How are all these terrible people getting these mega ships?
It's just a question of time and persistence.  Even someone just running missions in Empire can save up enough money for a Dread with a month or two of dedicated ratting.  Getting an MS is just a matter of cat-assing long enough.

And when that gets boring there's always time cards.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5078 on: May 13, 2009, 08:09:10 AM

CVA wandered out to Bleak Lands yesterday.  Caps dropped on Star Fraction and their militia buddies attacking some tower.  Most of the SF forces ran.  We did catch one of their dreads.  End result was 5 enemy dreads and 2 carriers down.  We are terrible blobbers with no skill etc. 

Low sec cleanup continues.  6 hostile carriers (including a Kenny!) killed so far this week, not including the two mentioned.  The groups we are at war with are moving on.  Oh, Mavs joined Atlas!

This update was brought to you by Amarr Victor.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5079 on: May 13, 2009, 08:26:06 AM

CVA wandered out to Bleak Lands yesterday.  Caps dropped on Star Fraction and their militia buddies attacking some tower.  Most of the SF forces ran.  We did catch one of their dreads.  End result was 5 enemy dreads and 2 carriers down.  We are terrible blobbers with no skill etc. 

I'm suprised they didn't just try to bribe you with sexual favors.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5080 on: May 13, 2009, 09:19:43 AM

During one of my fabulous RP rants in Amarr a couple of years ago Jade made a point of informing me in local he had placed me on ignore ;) 

Oh, add two more dead carriers to the count for the week.  The haters with our killboard password making posts are a clear indicator we are indeed the worst EVE players and people in the world.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5081 on: May 13, 2009, 10:13:16 AM

I love hearing about dead sf ships of any size of frigate up. It being at the hands of cva just makes this goon even happier.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5082 on: May 13, 2009, 10:49:48 AM

Sounds like Goons have a bunch of cap losses incoming.  Apparently when you roll out a cap fleet with no support in your enemies prime you can run into problems, who knew?  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5083 on: May 13, 2009, 11:27:29 AM

Looks like it's going to be in the 25+ range.  Mostly carriers.

Apparently, we had Titan support available but no one thought to let them know that their presence might be helpful (fight was under a friendly jammer).

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5084 on: May 13, 2009, 11:54:49 AM

Apparently Delve is emitting some kind of retard radiation?  awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5085 on: May 13, 2009, 12:08:35 PM

Didn't you read Darius' original directions that were broadcast all over the web (I heard them on EVE Radio after they were posted on our forums)

"The Goonwagon, filled with simpering retards, rolls on its rims into Delve.."

Did you think he was kidding about the retard part?   why so serious?

Witty banter not included.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5086 on: May 13, 2009, 12:11:47 PM

That clearly is the Goon advantage.

Other alliances would commit ritual suicide in shame, Goons though  Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
nizar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5087 on: May 13, 2009, 12:17:46 PM

Seemed like this afternoon was a bit of a disaster, most of the support fleet who was in fleet couldn't get to the system or was camped I sat in my rokh with the Webway broke none of the online charts updated and trying to decipher how the hell I was suppose to get from O-H to 9CG then I got slapped with a bit more work and had to watch.  Despite all of that the reveal that we could have had titans and that several people in TS were screaming zomg enemy fleet here to kill us and being told to shut up.   swamp poop

Life goes on as the battle of attrition and attention continues.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5088 on: May 13, 2009, 12:38:41 PM

I Xed up and flew down to 9CG while listening to the fleet trying to figure out where it should be. We had a bunch of people in 9CG looking for the Titan that was going to bridge then to VT-G2P, we had people in VT-G2P wondering if they should jump into 0GY and people in 0GY wondering why they were sat at a POS listening to friendly capships being raped on TS. No-one in Fleet had any answers and anyone asking on the otherwise silent TS was told to shut up. I jumped into OGY as DBRB was shouting for dictor pilots to x up, they did then about ten minutes later he asked for a covops to get a warpin on the enemy capitals. Warpin was established and our cloaker sat in the middle of the hostile fleet waiting for orders while the Cynojammer was incapped - at which point DBRB called it all of and sent everyone home.

Not that he had a lot of choice, the fleet had shrunk to a third of its size; we had ~60 in fleet of which about half were in system while local was reporting 450 or so in total. I slunk back through the JB and flew back to C6Y because I can't start US tz ops on a work night.

There were various people from PL desperately trying to get in touch with our FC in fleet as there seemed to be no co-ordination between us and our allies.

tl;dr 3/10 would probably x up again.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #5089 on: May 13, 2009, 12:47:53 PM

9CG and 3BK are prime examples of how much of a PITA it is that there's no way to destroy stations, no matter how much you want to.  9CG's central position made it the heart of Querious back in the day, but as soon as ED- went up we turned our back on it and never went back, we were happy to let BoB worry about it.  It's at the chokepoint between central and southern Q by normal stargates, and there are some nice moons in it and within a couple of jumps, but it isn't worth holding the station for itself if you've got the rest of Querious.

3BK is just fucking useless, except as a stepping stone for a JB route from 3-F to Delve or the Lost Constellations.  A refining station 12 jumps from the nearest decent ores.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5090 on: May 13, 2009, 01:07:41 PM

I don't agree that stations should be destructable.  The real problem is it's far too easy to hold onto dozens of stations at once due to how POS mechanics work.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5091 on: May 14, 2009, 03:45:23 PM

Looks like we are in for a hot weekend. 30-ish POS in I1Y reinforced, and a couple of systems in Querious spammed with new towers. Not a logistics person so no clue whether to believe the numbers that are floating around (about 40 large POS for Kenny, same number for allied entities), but it should be enough to make the GS cap pilots happy.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5092 on: May 15, 2009, 08:36:00 AM

Goons and I think PL just dropped on a Kenny dread fleet in I1Y.  No for sure numbers yet but looks like probably no losses for Goons and at least half a dozen Kenny dreads down.

Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #5093 on: May 15, 2009, 09:02:32 AM

Back and forth they go  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5094 on: May 15, 2009, 09:07:04 AM

10 unique KM across both PL and our KBs.

Nice to see some pressure put on during daylight EST hours, it does make my productivity drop sharply when I have to incessantly F5 though.

nizar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5095 on: May 15, 2009, 09:30:04 AM

Was nice to avenge the carrier fleet loss but still the tactical situation remains unchanged and Goons are going to have to keep this intensity all weekend.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5096 on: May 15, 2009, 10:28:39 AM

10 unique KM across both PL and our KBs.

Nice to see some pressure put on during daylight EST hours, it does make my productivity drop sharply when I have to incessantly F5 though.

13 and climbing right now (plus a carrier).  That's a chunk of ISK if you've not got any moon-mining income.  The jammer is back up for now and people are logged in.  Of course, we can't really expect to be able to match the numbers that our combined enemies can bring later this evening if half of Russia turns up, and a jammer is no use to anyone if the enemy can bring 250 battleships, but at least the first 24 hours have gone well with last night's win and now this.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5097 on: May 15, 2009, 10:31:03 AM

let me guess, this was a gkc-only op that got spanked?   I don't understand why they repeatedly siege dreads without going 'hm we're probably going to get blobbed here'
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5098 on: May 15, 2009, 10:36:15 AM

Of course, we can't really expect to be able to match the numbers that our combined enemies can bring later this evening if half of Russia turns up, and a jammer is no use to anyone if the enemy can bring 250 battleships, but at least the first 24 hours have gone well with last night's win and now this.

It's too bad we don't seem to have the coordination required to use Titans effectively under a jammer.

Or, even log them in really.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5099 on: May 15, 2009, 10:51:31 AM

let me guess, this was a gkc-only op that got spanked?   I don't understand why they repeatedly siege dreads without going 'hm we're probably going to get blobbed here'

Maybe that's pride fuckin' with them?  Like you, I don't know why they would risk their momentum like that.

Goons and allies fuck them up for a week, then piss off and ride bikes for a week, while Molle immediately believes they are safe to siege dreads without their Russian bodyguards while Shadoo has an op running in-system?  Hmm.  I can't believe that they don't have enough spies with TWR access not to have seen that, after all.

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5100 on: May 15, 2009, 11:32:50 AM

Maybe that's pride fuckin' with them?  Like you, I don't know why they would risk their momentum like that.

Goons and allies fuck them up for a week, then piss off and ride bikes for a week, while Molle immediately believes they are safe to siege dreads without their Russian bodyguards while Shadoo has an op running in-system?  Hmm.  I can't believe that they don't have enough spies with TWR access not to have seen that, after all.

I think Kenzoku still thinks no one can hot drop them except for Russians and is unable to get out of that mindset.  It's similar to saying 'Oh I just had an off night' in sports when in reality you're getting beaten and can't consciously admit it.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5101 on: May 15, 2009, 01:28:09 PM

Two alliance towers down in I1Y apparently.

3 alliance carriers down too, in what seems to be a separate engagement to the one above.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:33:50 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5102 on: May 15, 2009, 01:42:55 PM

3 alliance carriers down too, in what seems to be a separate engagement to the one above.

I'm in I1Y and I haven't heard about this. We took down a couple of enemy towers and reinforced a third earlier but there's been little in the way of shooting at dudes so far.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5103 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:53 PM

I'm in I1Y and I haven't heard about this. We took down a couple of enemy towers and reinforced a third earlier but there's been little in the way of shooting at dudes so far.

It was on a battle report on the goon killboards about half an hout after the one with all the dreads

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5104 on: May 15, 2009, 02:28:27 PM

It was on a battle report on the goon killboards about half an hout after the one with all the dreads

I think you are confused.  Almost certainly you mean the two carriers and a nidhoggur (lol almost-carrier) from exe and strip mining killed about half an hour after all the Kenny deaths. 

Edit: also we've killed some hostile towers already, tonight.  This is where it gets tough though.  With ROL alarm-clocking for 5am and Kenny/AAA/Stain etc incoming it'll be a case of saving what we can, i suppose.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 02:35:39 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5105 on: May 15, 2009, 03:07:19 PM

Who knows if it is as a result of him getting hot-dropped and losing an expressable percentage of his remaining dreadfleet, but Molle seems - and i can hardly believe this - to have bottled it for his big attack on twenty of our POSes that come out over late Euro and early US time today.  Short of the Russians refusing to help him, or him having been to proud to ask for their protection or something, I cannot imagine why he would throw away a chance to exploit the huge amount of work Kenny and co put in yesterday and Thursday.  But then, I never understood why he threw away so many titans, let the NC demolish his grand alliance or allowed Goons to take Delve, so maybe I just don't get alliance leadership vOv

Anyway, I suppose that the remaining POSes - almost a dozen - which come out in the Russian morning (very, very late US time) will give him an excellent chance to regain some momentum, as it's hard to imagine huge numbers of Pacific TZ Goons staying up til the sort of times we euros regularly have to  rolleyes

Twitter - Endieposts

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5106 on: May 15, 2009, 03:22:21 PM

I think you are confused.  Almost certainly you mean the two carriers and a nidhoggur (lol almost-carrier) from exe and strip mining killed about half an hour after all the Kenny deaths. 

Edit: also we've killed some hostile towers already, tonight.  This is where it gets tough though.  With ROL alarm-clocking for 5am and Kenny/AAA/Stain etc incoming it'll be a case of saving what we can, i suppose.

This is the battle report I think SirT is talking about we swapped a dozen BSs for three caps and some support before we started on the towers. After losing that lot, Kenny stayed inside their POS shields and mostly logged out when our fleet came past leaving us to smack their towers around completely unhindered.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #5107 on: May 15, 2009, 03:31:25 PM

A fairly typical AAA pattern, when faced with a long spread like this, is to simulate a "wet firecracker" op (log in an insufficient number, do nothing or get beaten but not badly, then log out), then after this has caused a lot of the opponents to assume they've withdrawn and demobilize they run a CTA and hit the later window in huge force.

On the other hand, something FIX used to do a lot of was reinforcing POS just because we could, with no real intent of coming back for them, in order to make the opposition get blue-balled and create fatigue.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5108 on: May 15, 2009, 03:43:48 PM

Isn't this the equivalent of what Mittens keeps calling 'ringing the bell', just in I1Y instead of 49-U?

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5109 on: May 15, 2009, 03:51:12 PM

Isn't this the equivalent of what Mittens keeps calling 'ringing the bell', just in I1Y instead of 49-U?

That's what I've been thinking, although you're not supposed to lose 16 caps in the process as I understand it.

When I put it like that, maybe he really is copying us  awesome, for real

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: