Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:09:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969393 times)
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #1890 on: January 17, 2008, 10:07:03 AM

Today is my last day in BoB. Most of my friends left a long time ago, and I haven't really been active since September anyway.

Obligatory can I have your stuff?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1891 on: January 17, 2008, 10:50:47 AM

So, joining goonfleet then?

No? Why not join us in empire? We could really use someone like you. Come smack around trash talking newbs, it'll be fun!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1892 on: January 17, 2008, 10:56:48 AM

Hell, that's not even the best thread in The War Room at the moment.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1893 on: January 17, 2008, 12:55:37 PM

No? Why not join us in empire? We could really use someone like you. Come smack around trash talking newbs, it'll be fun!

I might put a character in, or at least find some way to help you out.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1894 on: January 17, 2008, 02:01:54 PM

I might put a character in, or at least find some way to help you out.

Sweet.  I was hoping that you and/or Joe would get involved.  in all seriousness, as a bob member you have a lot more experience at this sort of warfare (small gang, outnumbered, clueless opposition :D  that sort of thing) than most of us.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1895 on: January 17, 2008, 08:55:19 PM

Sweet.  I was hoping that you and/or Joe would get involved.  in all seriousness, as a bob member you have a lot more experience at this sort of warfare (small gang, outnumbered, clueless opposition :D  that sort of thing) than most of us.

I'm down in stain finishing up a few missions so i can spend the 268k lp I have with sansha. Then I will probably come back to empire and join you guys with my 20mil sp char.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1896 on: January 17, 2008, 09:35:22 PM

BoB alts fighting alongside Goon alts. It brings a fucking tear to my eye.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #1897 on: January 18, 2008, 06:46:45 AM

Well, we're fighting, but I have a feeling that I and other newbies in the team are basically why we haven't won much in the last two engagements (we don't have the skills to bring firepower equivalent to the multiple battleships with T2 weaponry that the enemy is bringing).  So it's more like a little fighting and a lot of babysitting a bunch of noobs.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1898 on: January 18, 2008, 07:00:46 AM

Well, we're fighting, but I have a feeling that I and other newbies in the team are basically why we haven't won much in the last two engagements (we don't have the skills to bring firepower equivalent to the multiple battleships with T2 weaponry that the enemy is bringing).  So it's more like a little fighting and a lot of babysitting a bunch of noobs.

It's not really on topic for this thread, but I disagree: we did better because of the new members than we would have.  Seriously, we were just unlucky not to take down that Scorpion.

The only way to learn about pvp in eve, to not freeze, to work out a procedure that helps you work faster, is to actually do it.  I can promise you that we'll lose a lot of ships during that period.  But we'll also end up pretty danm good at it.

Anyway, returning you to your previously scheduled programming, we (Goons) decided to jump into yet another gatecamp for a variety of reasons (there are always reasons).  The op the night before was fine with lots of kills and a few cap ships blowing up.  The one last night was very unpleasant when we got gate-controlled jumping into a system.  I was lucky to be able to safespot my Rokh, which is leading a charmed existence have escaped three total welps, though it took 15 minutes to successfully create my first safe and another 20 mins to create four more, during which time only lag stopped a bob hac from locking me down at a belt.  It must be my low character ID  swamp poop

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1899 on: January 18, 2008, 07:03:20 AM

BoB alts fighting alongside Goon alts. It brings a fucking tear to my eye.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
THE PATHS OF MAN AND BEAST JOIN TOGETHER TO CREATE THE PATH OF THE SPIRAL. PIERCING DESTINY AS YESTERDAYS ENEMIES, CREATING A NEW PATH TOWARD THE FUTURE WITH THESE HANDS. THE UNION OF FATE- BAT COUNTRY!!!!!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Edit: Yeah, the GF boards have been pretty funny the last couple of days:
Goons: "We hate blueballing BoB - they're still getting to pad their K : D because ot Smashkill and we're getting bored. Goonfleet is founded on losing ship after ship, not caution. Do something!"
Directors: "OK, here's some ops. Now, don't fly anything irreplaceable as you're probably going to die at least once because we're hitting <system name redacted>"
*Welp happens*
Goons: "We hate getting killed by BoB - all we're doing is padding their K : D ratios. We can't afford to keep losing ship after ship. Do something!"
Directors: :smithicide:

swamp poop
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:08:13 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #1900 on: January 18, 2008, 08:48:51 AM

IMO that's where Goon directors pull a page out of the RL director manual and call a meeting to "discuss strategies for losing less ships" and have the first point on the agenda be "LOSE LESS SHIPS!" and the second point "How can YOU help your fellow Goons lose less ships."
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1901 on: January 22, 2008, 11:41:00 AM

Tortoise

Popcorn

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #1902 on: January 22, 2008, 11:55:40 AM

Tortoise

Popcorn

Blue text?  What the fuck is blue supposed to stand for?  I hate you youngsters and your arbitrary internet color codes!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1903 on: January 22, 2008, 01:16:47 PM

It means that MC and their mercenary friends are, for the moment, allied - as indicated by a blue icon - with goonfleet and the rest of the coalition..

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1904 on: January 23, 2008, 08:33:28 AM

We have a titan now. We'll see how long that lasts.  I'm not getting too used to it, personally.

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1905 on: January 23, 2008, 08:36:24 AM

Is this the big announcement?  awesome, for real

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1906 on: January 26, 2008, 01:21:41 PM

Well informed sources say tommorow RSF, MC, IAC, AAA and lesser appetizers are going to finally make their move for Delve.
C/D Endie?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1907 on: January 26, 2008, 03:31:02 PM

Well informed sources say tommorow RSF, MC, IAC, AAA and lesser appetizers are going to finally make their move for Delve.
C/D Endie?

Well, informed sources certainly say that's what the heating repairman says:

Quote from: "Sir" Molly
Tommorow sunday the 27th of january the coalition will be launching a massive multi-front assault on our space. They will be bringing everything they can and a couple of kitchen sinks.
It's imperative that we remain focused and do not move around solo during this time. It will take a week or two for their assault to die and in that timeframe we should be doing max damage to their capital and regular fleets.
Be on your best behavious, bring your finest suit, and, lets keel shit!Make sure to have multiple ships ready to go in PR-, make sure to have plenty of ammo, make sure to have plenty of fuel, and, most of all, make sure to have lots of coffee.

Call it the shootout at the OK Coral, the final showdown, the ultimate fight, the cup final or the superbowl -
whatever it is, it's us and our allies vs everyone who has been fighting to destroy us for the last year... or more.Our enemies have set a regroup for Sunday. They include:

Goons RA UNL TCF IAC MC PL BRUCE MM IRON RZR PURE EVOKE KIA

... so many I can't even remember them all! 80% of the top 20 number ranked alliances in the game are in the alliance against us.

Most of these are the people we have taken the piss out of for the last four years. They're also the people we'll continue taking the piss out of, for the next four. The alliance against us is cancelling everything they had booked so they can put 500 men in to as many systems as possible to try and finally push us on the back foot... because they've been taking a pretty beating so far since we came back to Delve.It's what we would generally term, a "Target rich" environment.

We can expect this push to last a number of days, maybe even a week, hell maybe a month if they have the stamina (let's hope!) - and at the end of it, win or lose, you can expect the most damaging period in EvE history.
We're not asking you to do anything special. Login and play as you have been doing (but pay some more attention to the fc's and stop asking stupid fucking questions thanks!), turn up, get some spare ships ready, make sure your clones are up to date,

join the gangs, regroups will be as regular as ever.And it will be two things:1 - Funny as hell, because watching all of these groups align themselves with each other despite DESPISING each other, all because of little old us, really doe...
rank up there with knowing that GWB choked on a pretzel.2 - Epic. In fact wait, no... EPIC. Those of you that haven't donated to the killboard by now, perhaps you should, because oh my it's going to get some hammer.

All caps are to ensure they have a good stock of isotopes so they don't have to rely on alliance stocks (though of course the alliance will provide when it has people available to distribute, please check alliance contracts for batches of fuel for sale)
Everyone please spend your spare time fitting out spare ships. All combat stocks should be in pr-.Carrier pilots make sure you have triage mods available, aswell as a full regen fitting.Dreads, get close range guns and make sure you have lots of ammo and some spare stront. THIS DOES NOT MEAN FIT CLOSE RANGE, IT MEANS HAVE THEM IN YOUR HANGARS!!!!

ALL pilots, remember:
Logout in space, at a safe tower.Get your login spot confirmed as safe before logging in.Use a scout when travelling.Be on teamspeak.Be on IRC. Read the forums regularly.Use the BoB bot to keep up to date on fluid order changes.Read alliance / corp mails every time you login.See you all on the flip side, and good luck!

Twitter - Endieposts

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1908 on: January 26, 2008, 09:05:39 PM

If I were the Goons and Reds and so forth, I'd cancel anything I had planned and do absolutely nothing that day.  Let BoB sit there all day waiting for a fight that never comes.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1909 on: January 27, 2008, 08:09:17 AM

Firesales are popping up in Delve as we speak. 300 mill for a navy mega. Ooh.

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1910 on: January 27, 2008, 04:38:39 PM

If I were the Goons and Reds and so forth, I'd cancel anything I had planned and do absolutely nothing that day.  Let BoB sit there all day waiting for a fight that never comes.
Alternatively, BoB could have a bad day.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
The big question is how many of those reinforced towers will get popped, though - BoB's usual tactics for defending is multiple titans + v. large fleet but that won't really work in the current situation unless they concentrate on one system only and let everything else burn, or have crackerjack strontium timing everywhere.

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1911 on: January 27, 2008, 05:18:23 PM

Initial reports say you fucked your invasion big time:D
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1912 on: January 27, 2008, 08:29:24 PM

Initial reports say a node crash made everything that was blown down rep back up again. Thats never happened before...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Initial reports also say stuff about KIAtolon FCing by singing random songs on teamspeak, and when he was primaried taking a vote in local about whether he should warp off or stay and die (the vote was to stay and die, so he stayed and didn't die) which didn't prevent BOB losing the battle.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:34:46 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1913 on: January 28, 2008, 01:14:50 AM

Initial reports are hilariously wrong, then.  Admittedly, I was doing last night's gang, having arranged it with everyone before the invasion was announced, so I wasn't there.  But I'm reading through the list of many POSes reinforced across more than half a dozen systems, and the second list of our POSes placed across them and others, and I'm pretty damn impressed.

All that, and dbp started the damage limitation spin (the idea that such a terrible poster is actually limiting damage when he speaks is kinda given the lie when we jump to cite his posts like this), saying that Bob don't care about their space anyway.  Uh huuh... Of course, he planned to say that since a Thanksgiving dinner back in '96, where it was illustrated with Venn diagrams.

Yes, fitting for blowing up cynojammers and POSes means that we took heavy losses wherever Bob could actually get their fleets in place or, since their top pilot is in fact a POS tower today, where they had strong POS towers.  Yet again I mention that -V- and LV managed to defeat us exactly the same way.  Oh wai...

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1914 on: January 28, 2008, 04:09:43 AM

Initial reports are hilariously wrong, then.
Remember what happened in 9-9, though:

BoB: "Goons are just anchoring small POSes and have only hit one or two of our towers. They are no threat and their attack has failed"
*downtime*
BoB: "welp, didn't want sovereignty in that system anyway"

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1915 on: January 28, 2008, 09:38:31 AM

Do small towers count towards sovereignty?
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1916 on: January 28, 2008, 10:20:55 AM

if there isn't anything bigger in the system or number of bigger towers is equal.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1917 on: January 28, 2008, 10:48:42 AM

Goons are just anchoring small POSes and have only hit one or two of our towers.
Ah, so in this case goons had killed just enough big bob ones to cancel out all large bob towers with their own larges and then won sovereignty due to having more small towers.

Luckily it isn't complicated   Ohhhhh, I see.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1918 on: January 28, 2008, 11:46:03 AM

It's ok, DB Preacher is back and spelling out why BoB is winning:
That's a nice start for us. You see, while you mock LV, we couldn't careless what you say because this is now ALL about the kills for us. The space, the pos, it's all defunct and we're simply going to bleed you like stuck pigs. So keep coming and keep dying. My guys have NEVER had it so good.
K : D ratios! We didn't want that space anyway! Freed from the shackles of POS ownership! We're only in it for the fights!  swamp poop

(From here)

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1919 on: January 28, 2008, 01:13:31 PM

Makes sense to me, POS warfare is the gheyest thing ever.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1920 on: January 28, 2008, 01:16:15 PM

Wait...What?
I thought it the Holy Grail for you "meaningful" PvP types.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:59:52 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1921 on: January 28, 2008, 06:52:56 PM

It's ok, DB Preacher is back and spelling out why BoB is winning:
That's a nice start for us. You see, while you mock LV, we couldn't careless what you say because this is now ALL about the kills for us. The space, the pos, it's all defunct and we're simply going to bleed you like stuck pigs. So keep coming and keep dying. My guys have NEVER had it so good.
K : D ratios! We didn't want that space anyway! Freed from the shackles of POS ownership! We're only in it for the fights!  swamp poop

(From here)

Looking at the timestamp, its gone from "we are gonna win becasue they have no stamina and will give up in a week" to "we are gonna lose but its all about the kills" in the space of 14 hours of fighting.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also when you compare that post with Dianablics post 7 posts and 15 minutes before DBP

Quote from: Dianabolic
Someone else can do the math on how many man hours it has taken, all whilst completely failing to break our jammer in qy6 and losing upwards of 200 battleships in the process.

Quote from: DBPreacher
Since yesterday morning, your "invasion" (well, the one where MC and RA came to show you how to do stuff) the coalition has lost a carrier, 195 battleships and 715 ships in total.

You can see that they were both making extravagant lies about numbers killed, except that they forgot to compare notes and pulled out different numbers!   Ohhhhh, I see.  this guy looks legit

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1922 on: January 28, 2008, 09:25:22 PM

I'm not sure why, but I expected more from BoB. Not the "we didn't want that space anyways" excuse.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1923 on: January 29, 2008, 01:31:55 AM

Yeah, that was my point. Pretty much every other corp & alliance that lost bigtime in 0.0 started spewing exactly that sort of thing shortly prior to imploding/fleeing to empire/whatever: LV, -V-, RISE, CORM, GONAD, YouWhat, etc, etc. Hell, even Remedial's "Modest Proposal" shortly before he stole internet space-money from his only friends in the entire world* was pretty much the same thing - give up on conquerable 0.0 and flee to Syndicate for "good fights" (then Sesfan (is #1) did his "The line must be drawn here!" speech for XGH/9-9, Rev2 hit, & everything changed).

And now BoB is saying the exact same things about the assault on  Delve. TBH, I'm halfway tempted to fit a covops with a cargo scanner, sit outside the NPC stations in Delve & see what I can find.

*True story, slightly paraphrased - Remedial invited a bunch of GS directors to a stag night. One of them asked "So when's your real stag night with your RL friends, then?". Remedial replied "This is it".

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1924 on: January 29, 2008, 01:40:30 AM

What surprises me most about Molly's post is that he clearly has reason to believe that his minions will buy into the whole "it'll only last a week" idea.

I mean, we've been doing this for not that far short of a year, now.  We went through months with un-nerfed titans, where all we could do was delay and die.  We went through the same supercap gatecamp fighter-bombing blobs in Omist and Feythabolis.  We've broken sov 4 in different constellations despite incurring horrendous losses and we've thrown away cap fleets to kill one baby titan that turned out only to be a mothership.  And despite all this, Molly is telling his pilots "come on guys please just turn up for one week we can do this guys honest just one week is all I am asking... guys?"

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: