Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:50:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Playoffs '09 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL Playoffs '09  (Read 116814 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #455 on: June 04, 2009, 04:51:15 PM

For you Americans who have heard a CBC broadcast and wish you could get that kind of commentary, if you use HotSpot Shield and go to the CBC website, you can stream the playoffs. Not as appealing as a large TV, I know.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #456 on: June 04, 2009, 04:53:14 PM

Well that was quick.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: June 04, 2009, 04:56:38 PM

Slayerik, I thought it was going to say "Jumped".

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: June 04, 2009, 05:53:30 PM

Whoa. Red Wings are blowing defensive assignments, not used to seeing that in the Finals.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #459 on: June 04, 2009, 05:54:44 PM

They are crumbling. I don't get it. swamp poop
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #460 on: June 04, 2009, 06:00:56 PM

Crazy. That 4th goal by Penn was very nice though. Great Crosby pass.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: June 04, 2009, 06:03:20 PM

Pens are just getting all the powerplays imo. It's bullshit. Imo.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #462 on: June 04, 2009, 06:05:37 PM

This goes beyond powerplays. The wings are dropping their men on D, scrambling, which is opening up passing opportunities and just generally throwing the game away.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: June 04, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Henry Ford was a Nazi and Bettman has had it in for Detroit ever since?

Come on, help me out here.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #464 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:26 PM

You could sell me on Bettman being a Nazi. What with cock blocking a new Canadian team in an area where it would thrive.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: June 04, 2009, 07:07:55 PM

Ahhhh, a good strong night of laughing at Detroit bandwagon shit talkers on sports forums coming up.

I <3 Trolling.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: June 04, 2009, 07:16:31 PM

They are crumbling. I don't get it. swamp poop

Looks like fatigue set in. 4 games in 6 nights.

If only Red Wings could take a 5 minute mulligan, they would have won…

Glad to see Jordan Staal really bust out, that SH goal changed the tone of the game. Fleury made some clutch saves too. A few inches though, game could have looked a lot different…

I started to cringe everytime I saw Orpik and Gonchar out together with Penguins holding lead…

Goals #3 and #4 were beauties…

Officiating again is awful (McCreary you really suck), but Red Wings fans might have a beef on this game, though they did get away with a lot of stuff too…

Finally, WTF was that one handed hot dog Kunitz?

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: June 04, 2009, 07:31:17 PM

One handed hot dog was being hooked. The rulebook says being hooked heading clear to an empty net is an automatic goal. McCreary is a fucking moron.

Babcock just called Filppula "Fill-a-pool-a". lol.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #468 on: June 04, 2009, 07:40:39 PM

Bettman is not a nazi.

He definitely has a Napoleon complex though.

As far as the game goes, yeah fatigue.

Still, Wings in six.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: June 04, 2009, 07:47:06 PM

Pens in six. Home ice cup hoisting.

As epic as a game 7 would be, it'd be on Detroit home ice. I much prefer playing in Pittsburgh, so I think it's uber important to win game 5 in Detroit.

I think it's fun how each game keeps getting more and more important. Epic.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #470 on: June 04, 2009, 10:54:05 PM

Not much to say here....we got outplayed.

But hey, I've seen this before I believe. Even with this loss, we still got home ice. i hope you guys never bring up non-calls again though :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: June 04, 2009, 10:56:50 PM

Slayerik, I thought it was going to say "Jumped".

You know it was as legal as a hit gets.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: June 04, 2009, 11:16:54 PM

Kronwall is the master of the last-second jump. He often makes it look very legal.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #473 on: June 05, 2009, 01:42:25 AM

It was dirty, we all know it. A well placed dirty hit, but still dirty. And, yes, I get what you're saying.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: June 05, 2009, 07:03:50 AM

Pens in six. Home ice cup hoisting.

As epic as a game 7 would be, it'd be on Detroit home ice. I much prefer playing in Pittsburgh, so I think it's uber important to win game 5 in Detroit.

I think it's fun how each game keeps getting more and more important. Epic.

They have to win game 5.  If they don't get their road win there, I really don't see it happening in game 7.  Glad they evened it up; we have a series now.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #475 on: June 05, 2009, 09:24:15 AM

Great game. The Pens skaters finally showed up. That Staal short-handed goal was really the turning point, and it was fucking awesome. Osgood was just completely flummoxed. The passing on the 4th goal was fantastic too. It was nice to see some shots that didn't dink off the posts.

As usual, the officiating was just shit. Cross checks, punches, interference, clutching and grabbing, it was all in evidence. I just don't get it. The announcers keep saying "These were the least penalized teams in the playoffs" like that means something. Of course they are the least penalized now - you fuckheads aren't calling ANYTHING.

Still, it got me excited for Game 5. I just hope the Pens show up in Detroit this time. The refs, however, I'm not sure if it'll matter if their plane goes down in a fiery ball of suck. I can't tell their on the ice most of the time.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: June 05, 2009, 11:44:21 AM

It was dirty, we all know it. A well placed dirty hit, but still dirty. And, yes, I get what you're saying.

It was as legal as a dirty hit gets.

Fixed that for you.

Ohhhhh, I see.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:20 AM

Currently #333 in the CBC pool. What pisses me off is that if I had put the star on Malkin instead of Crosby like I was pondering, I'd be at 306 points.

#10 is 308.

ACK!

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #478 on: June 05, 2009, 12:12:41 PM

I'm sort of in the same boat. I starred Crosby instead of Malkin.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: June 05, 2009, 12:15:53 PM

Well, when you're picking for round 3 and 4, how the hell do you not star Crosby after what he did against the Capitals?

Clearly I should have put the star on Gonchar as well, but I wasn't exactly sure how badly he was hurt. He's playing pretty decent, and that decision was a mistake too.

What the fuck can you do. I could have been in the top 10.

Maybe I'll just lie when I tell the story about how I did in the CBC pool to someone.

"And then, in a couple of shrewd and ballsy moves that put me over the top, I put stars on Gonchar and Malkin (like I had been doing ALL FUCKING PLAYOFFSp until this point), and I WON THE TOYOTA PREVIA or whatever"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:26:20 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: June 05, 2009, 12:43:18 PM

Well, when you're picking for round 3 and 4, how the hell do you not star Crosby after what he did against the Capitals?

Well, I called it right re:Malkin — I figured he'd bust out in Carolina series, predicted to my family and then watched in glee as he did just that.

Unfortunately, as far as the pool goes, a "starred" Malkin represents nearly half of my round 3-4 segment total. I think I only have a couple of Penguins — Geno and Tanger. I should have loaded up with just players from 2 teams instead of picking from all 4 (duh!)…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: June 05, 2009, 08:13:55 PM

Have I mentioned this yet?

I tried to say it on TSN, but they moderated my posts out any time I mention it.

CBC is pushing Bob Cole out. Not allowing him to do the finals, and only "5-20 games" (CBC president quote) next year.

Jim Hughson sucks fucking monkey balls. Bring back the legend.

Fuck it if he's 80 and can't follow the play sometimes. People understand he's old. In other sports they respect their legendary announcers.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: June 05, 2009, 10:08:29 PM

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: June 05, 2009, 11:55:40 PM

That was pretty good. :)

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #484 on: June 06, 2009, 12:03:18 AM

My wishes for 7 may be coming true!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: June 06, 2009, 12:19:25 AM

I'm no longer in favour of a seventh game.

If we win game five.... maybe. I guess. It wouldn't be THE WORST.

But if we lose all three in Joe Louis and then go in for game 7?

Ehhhhhh.

Plus, Pittsburgh has never had a major sports championship won on home turf as far as I know.

Mainly, it's very important to win tonight. I also don't want to have to hook a toilet up in the living room to watch game six back in Pittsburgh if we lose game five.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #486 on: June 06, 2009, 01:04:32 PM

You could sell me on Bettman being a Nazi. What with cock blocking a new Canadian team in an area where it would thrive.

Remember, he learned at the feet of David Stern, who is as big a cocksucker as I can imagine. Fuck both of them.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #487 on: June 06, 2009, 01:10:58 PM

Remember, he learned at the feet of David Stern, who is as big a cocksucker as I can imagine. Fuck both of them.

I did not know that. Fuck, no wonder he's such a douche.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: June 06, 2009, 01:55:21 PM

Have I mentioned this yet?

I tried to say it on TSN, but they moderated my posts out any time I mention it.

CBC is pushing Bob Cole out. Not allowing him to do the finals, and only "5-20 games" (CBC president quote) next year.

Jim Hughson sucks fucking monkey balls. Bring back the legend.

Fuck it if he's 80 and can't follow the play sometimes. People understand he's old. In other sports they respect their legendary announcers.

I heard about that on Leaf Talk radio here, earlier in the year. It was like December or January or something, and announcers just talking during a break or whatever and the other dude asks "So when are we seeing you back here (ACC), haven't seen you in awhile?" and Bob was like "This is my last game here for the season, I'm going to leave it at that".

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: June 06, 2009, 02:33:08 PM

Fuck CBC.

I got sick of their broadcast (The horrible Dos Equis Don Cherry ripoff anyone? etc) a couple of games ago and tried to switch to NBC.

I immediately changed the channel back.

CBC is fucking awful and I'd love there to be an alternative. But NBC is not it.

Versus is really not it.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Playoffs '09  
Jump to: