Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Majesty 2: Auto-Diku 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Majesty 2: Auto-Diku  (Read 35302 times)
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 26, 2010, 04:59:14 PM

It looks like the Kingmaker expansion and most recent patch came out everywhere but Steam.  Anyone check it out yet?
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 05:41:55 PM

Okay, looks like the expansion is finally out on Steam as well now.  Anyone actually pick it up prior to now?  Is it worth bothering with, or is it primarily a hook for future DLC?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 05:50:26 PM

I haven't, but if anyone else does I am also interested in hearing about it.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 06:24:57 PM

Haha, I was bitching JUST YESTERDAY that it was ridiculous the expansion still wasn't on Steam. And now it is! Tremble before my power!

I'll go download it right now! :P

God Save the Horn Players
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 08:32:40 PM

OK, I've played two missions so far. I wish they had added some new buildings for me. Like gnome hovels.  Heartbreak

They added a randomize feature, though, which should up the replayability quite a bit. I haven't actually used it, since the new maps are still all new to me, but it'll apparently randomize where the lairs and shit are if you select it.

EDIT: The expansion cost me 15 bucks, I am pretty sure I am going to get at least that much enjoyment out of it. :P

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:50 PM

Are there any new upgrades or unit types or anything like that?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #76 on: May 24, 2010, 10:29:46 PM

I'm about to start playing it again and I can't say for absolute certain, but no, it seems there isn't anything new for you, just new enemies to zerg you.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 12:38:05 AM

Grr, third mission is a pain in the ass and not in a way I'm enjoying right now. I'll come back to it. The new enemy, goblins, are fucking assholes.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 25, 2010, 06:03:44 AM

I just picked up Maj2 for 8 bucks and played the first two levels.  Not a bad game for that price.  Reminds me of a very well done flash game.  Took me a while to figure out cash flow vs. spending money.  I needed to up the rewards to get my heros to react to them faster.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 25, 2010, 06:05:58 AM

Broke down and bought it as well. Looks kind of like Hinterland. Even if I'm wrong, there isn't much lost at that price.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #80 on: May 25, 2010, 08:09:41 AM

The main difference from Hinterland is you don't control the people fighting monsters, you have to herd them into doing what you want. Some people (as you'll see if you read the early thread) don't like this. Some people (such as myself) consider this part of the charm.

They can be REALLY fucking dumb though. "Goblins are burning down my guild hall! Time to go shopping!"

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 25, 2010, 10:36:18 AM

That's not the definition of the term "fire sale"?
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 25, 2010, 12:59:57 PM

The main difference from Hinterland is you don't control the people fighting monsters, you have to herd them into doing what you want. Some people (as you'll see if you read the early thread) don't like this. Some people (such as myself) consider this part of the charm.

They can be REALLY fucking dumb though. "Goblins are burning down my guild hall! Time to go shopping!"
Truth be told, I don't think the issue was the sentience of the units, but the fact that the game kept piling on micromanaging bullshit (like the sewers) eventhough one has no practical way of handling them. The frustration I felt was much like that of trying to drive a nail with a baseball bat. Love the concept of the game, loathe much of the implementation, a relation which maybe just added to my frustration.

Not trying to say you're wrong to like it, just clarifying I guess for those that don't want to read the old bashfest. tongue

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #83 on: May 25, 2010, 08:40:46 PM

Sewers require micromanagement?  I just put a tower next to each one.   awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #84 on: May 25, 2010, 08:43:56 PM

Hell, I don't even do that (unless there's like ... three clumped together). Most of the time my heroes cheerfully faceroll over 'em. If they eat a house or two before my heroes get around to it, oh well!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #85 on: May 30, 2010, 03:26:15 PM

Today's discoveries:

On the good side, the randomizer works for the original campaign too! That's nice! On the bad side, APPARENTLY I HAVE TO PLAY THE DAMN THING AGAIN BECAUSE IT RESET MY PROGRESS. I wouldn't care, but my favorite zen-garden map (the Lich king one), the one I like to play when I want to not think at all, is deep in that campaign. Waah!

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: May 30, 2010, 07:21:20 PM

What's the randomizer?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #87 on: May 30, 2010, 10:45:37 PM

It'll scramble where the monster lairs and stuff are on a map so it's not all so static and boring after a few playthroughs.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #88 on: July 16, 2010, 10:48:00 AM

So hey! In one of the missions (I stopped playing this by accident and started back up yesterday) I DID get a new unit type! ICE MAGE. They're pretty mean. I kinda suspect you can only make them in that one scenario, although I made one a lord and so I have him FOREVAR. So I guess we'll see if that is one time thing or not as I CONTINUE MY JOURNEY.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Majesty 2: Auto-Diku  
Jump to: