Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Call of Duty 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Call of Duty 4  (Read 70540 times)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #210 on: December 27, 2007, 03:01:41 PM

Wow that one must've hit a little too close to home for you to get so offended slayer, thanks for the epic lulz.

Also, there is no shipment FFA on ps3, nor can we actually choose what map we play on short of constantly joining/rejoining servers (theres no list, you just hit connect and randomly get thrown in)

But really, using your brain and using proper firing position in a game with respawns and voice comm?  I stand by my earlier statement of camping being for noobs and old people with bad eyesight, you blow your load on one guy and thats it, or you play ffa and hide in a dimly lit corner hoping someone unsuspectingly walks in front of you.  Theres a reason campers never finish first, waiting for you prey to walk by just isn't the way win it, and it's all about fucking scoreboard.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #211 on: December 27, 2007, 03:08:58 PM

Yeah, me replying to ZOMG you are a camping faggot! I R TEH GREATEST RAWR sure makes you spot on correct.

Stick behind whatever statement you want. Getting airstrikes and helicopter by using my brain a bit racks of plenty of kills. I can get all spazzed out with the best of em with my Mini Uzi or shotgun.

Oh that explains it, you're playing on my computer's autistic little brother. Console FPS for the lulz.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #212 on: December 27, 2007, 03:19:08 PM

Alright you two, cut it out.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #213 on: December 27, 2007, 06:22:19 PM

You got it trippy, right after this one.

You're right slayer, I have no PC FPS skills, after all, when you raped us in that 2nd tf2 match, I picked up my ball and went home.

Oh, wait.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: December 28, 2007, 09:47:59 AM

If I do recall you started the name flinging (camping pussy am I?) so I'll get my last word in as well.

I never said anything about your PC skills. Hell, trying to use a team game as an example that you are good at FPS is funny. You been saving that one up douchebag? I just said that you play a retarded version of a good shooter. You cant even choose a fuckin server...LOL

And that consoles are basically autistic PCs. Relax tough guy.

Now I'm taking my ball and going home.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #215 on: December 29, 2007, 08:00:38 PM

For fucks' sake you're both acting like a pair of girls menstruating for the very first time.

Stop it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: December 31, 2007, 09:34:40 AM

So back to the game...im a Lt. Colonel or something, and I have a new favorite gun.

Basically when I first tried out the Assault rifles, I didn't like the M-16's 3 round burst. I immedietely switched to the AK and all other weapons from there. 18 hours played passed, I'm looking for more weapons to get my 1000xp bonus. I try the m-16 again. I add stopping power. People die. A lot. And you don't need the bandolier for extra ammo, the 3 round burst is automatic conservation.

For whatever reason, I seem to headshot a lot with this gun. And with stopping power, the 3 rounds kills anything dead.

I tried my sneaky setup with it, the silencer and UAV jammer but it really needs the damage boost. So its 3 extra stun (frags soon) grenades, stopping power and martyrdom FTFW.

I just got overkill which allows you to carry two primary weapons....haven't tried it yet though.  Im thinking g3 and Semi auto shotgun. Word.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #217 on: December 31, 2007, 04:29:01 PM

I've barely touched it for about 2 or 3 weeks now. Unlocked most of the weapons, etc. I think it's hit my boredom point. TF2 did the same a month or so earlier. Perhaps I need vehicles to keep my interest in a FPS these days.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #218 on: December 31, 2007, 04:44:18 PM

probably the completionist side of you felt fulfilled and does not see any further point. Loot in FPS, who would've thought? XD

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: January 01, 2008, 08:55:58 PM

I played for a few days, but I don't like the close quarters fighting so much. I enjoy the support/sniper kind of role. I will admit that if I had known that all the maps are so small, I probably would not have bought it. My experience in FPS is small, but I have to say, I like the BF games better. And tank's rock, of course. I still pop on once in a while, die about 20 times a round, and score between 50 and 200 usually.

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #220 on: January 01, 2008, 09:09:02 PM

probably the completionist side of you felt fulfilled and does not see any further point. Loot in FPS, who would've thought? XD

Probably partly that (though I dont have everything unlocked yet) but probably also has more to do with being off work for a few weeks and finally getting a HDTV to go with the 360. Also resubscription to WoW.

Regardless, if it were more fun, I'd still be playing it. BF1942/DC held my attention pretty well for a couple of years. And even BF2 for a good solid few months. It's good, it's just a bit shallow after awhile.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: January 04, 2008, 09:38:11 AM

Not sure how it is any more shallow than BF2 or BF2142. Missing vehicles I guess, but is that really that big of deal. I love APC whoring as much as the next guy, but I love the use of cover/cover breaking setups. The perk system is quite cool, I enjoy getting the 1000 XP bonus with basically every weapon. Hardcore mode is very cool as well, you have to listen...watch for muzzle flash, play smart.

Id say the one main thing the BFs have going for them is their squad usage. Its nice to spawn on the leader. Helps for when you are playing with friends as well. Either way, I'm still enjoying it.

Strazos

Reply #222 on: January 04, 2008, 04:53:50 PM

I'm usually quite the sniper whore, but I'm actually doing quite well in closer-quarters combat with SMGs.

Also, you CAN snipe in this game, on almost any map...you just have to be very selective with your nesting spots. And also, you need to expect to get sneak-ganked.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: January 04, 2008, 04:57:41 PM

It might be more fun if claymores weren't about 6 billion xp away...

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #224 on: January 04, 2008, 05:51:16 PM

Look for the 24/7 Shipment server and play there.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #225 on: January 04, 2008, 08:11:49 PM

Not sure how it is any more shallow than BF2 or BF2142. Missing vehicles I guess, but is that really that big of deal. I love APC whoring as much as the next guy, but I love the use of cover/cover breaking setups. The perk system is quite cool, I enjoy getting the 1000 XP bonus with basically every weapon. Hardcore mode is very cool as well, you have to listen...watch for muzzle flash, play smart.

Id say the one main thing the BFs have going for them is their squad usage. Its nice to spawn on the leader. Helps for when you are playing with friends as well. Either way, I'm still enjoying it.

Well, that's pretty much a big thing. For me, anyway. The squad aspect of BF2 and even 2142 combined with larger maps and vehicles adds a lot of depth for me. That hilly swamp jungle map where the Marines are against the Chinese is  Heart when it comes to things like sneaking around with your squad tor even just 2 other mates using voice through the dense scrub and taking out those centre bases, or all being on foot and coming across a vehicle and you all pile in  awesome, for real. Or flying in in a chopper and having a bunch of people disembark while others cover you from the chopper. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

CoD4 is very good at what it does, but the only thing it does is close-range deadly firefights. If it had a bit of BF2 vehicle action added to it, along with the perks system and the bullet penetration, it would be outstanding. I'm not much of a sniper in these games (used to be a bit of fun to go the .50 in DC occasionally, though) but CoD4 isn't much of a sniper's game either with such close maps. Don't get me wrong, the MP is great, I played the hell out of the thing for a good month or so, but now it's lost the hold on me..

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: January 10, 2008, 12:17:36 PM

Did the patch that fixed the ACOG and Sniper Rifle scopes, amongst other things, make it to Xbox at all?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Strazos

Reply #227 on: January 10, 2008, 05:01:09 PM

What was the problem?

Fear the Backstab!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #228 on: January 10, 2008, 05:03:13 PM

Poor hit registration.
Strazos

Reply #229 on: January 10, 2008, 05:04:11 PM

Hmmmm....I thought I may have simply not been that great with the thumb sticks. I'll try to experiment a bit next time I play.

Fear the Backstab!
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: January 10, 2008, 06:21:59 PM

I've really been tempted to get the BF series games.  Just not sure whether to get them on the PC or 360 (if they are available for the 360).

The Star Wars mod for BF2142 looks like teh awesome splendid, so that will probably sway my choice a bit.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #231 on: January 10, 2008, 07:05:43 PM

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: January 10, 2008, 07:25:04 PM

Yes, that's the one. 

That really looks bad ass. 

It's probably easier (or better) to just buy Star Wars Battlefront I or II to get my Star Wars geek fix, though.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #233 on: January 10, 2008, 09:02:32 PM

SW:BF2 is fun, though it's pretty dead online. The SP campaign is actually fun and worth playing through, though. (If you don't mind slaughtering bots).

I figures the BF mod may be more active than the SW:BF2 servers though...

Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: January 11, 2008, 04:36:13 PM

BF 2142 is not dead, and an overall improvement I think. The only thing I miss in 2142 that is in BF2 is the free-fall physics. Those are awesome.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #235 on: January 11, 2008, 05:55:45 PM

Funny how the CoD4 thread is now discussing BF2/2142/mods while the XBox Livbe thread has been discussing CoD4 for the last page and a half....

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: January 12, 2008, 02:53:32 AM

Which thread is that? Having trouble tracking it down.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #237 on: January 12, 2008, 03:55:42 AM

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: January 26, 2008, 05:04:55 AM

Anyone placing PC online multiplayer COD4? Not sure why this one resonated with me more than any other FPS, but damned if it isn't fun as heck. And at lvl 24 (*queue EQ1 music*) I'm still just playing Team DM. I just started going from using my one favorite weapon (RPD with Red Dot) to realizing I should, like, unlock those other achievements for even more foozles. This is the sort of grind even I can actually accept, and yea, even a lvl 1 player can take out a lvl 55 one.

Shit they need to make this into an MMO (even heavily instanced) just to shut down the argument that MMO must mean stat adjusted farming.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #239 on: January 26, 2008, 07:13:45 AM

I was for a solid month or so. I haven't loaded it up in about another month or so now though.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: January 26, 2008, 08:29:47 AM

Anyone placing PC online multiplayer COD4? Not sure why this one resonated with me more than any other FPS, but damned if it isn't fun as heck. And at lvl 24 (*queue EQ1 music*) I'm still just playing Team DM. I just started going from using my one favorite weapon (RPD with Red Dot) to realizing I should, like, unlock those other achievements for even more foozles. This is the sort of grind even I can actually accept, and yea, even a lvl 1 player can take out a lvl 55 one.

Shit they need to make this into an MMO (even heavily instanced) just to shut down the argument that MMO must mean stat adjusted farming.

I'm on every so often.  My PunkBuster software is acting up a bit right now, and haven't been arsed to fix it.  It's good fun, but I really really suck at mouse/kb FPS games. 
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: January 26, 2008, 02:33:13 PM

I've only recently gotten back into it after launch, but I bought it through Steam directly. I think that may be taking care of the punkbuster update for me, because I've not run into a problem there.

Still want to know why CoD doesn't ever seem to have vehicles though...
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: January 28, 2008, 03:08:40 PM

I've started to play again on 360.  The dumbasses that populate live cease to encourage my continued play.

The lag seems to have gotten pretty bad as well.  When enemy soldiers are jumping around it really is hard as shit to hit them.

AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: January 29, 2008, 10:08:43 AM

I'm still playing about every other night (PC) - and you know I still look forward to playing each time. It's already kept my interest considerably longer than TF2 did - and a lot of it is all the different weapon and perk combinations keep things interesting - plus the basic gunplay is just about perfect IMO.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: January 29, 2008, 10:44:05 AM

If only the PC Patch would make it's way to the 360...  Ohhhhh, I see.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Call of Duty 4  
Jump to: