Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:47:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #4  (Read 28959 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: November 03, 2011, 10:30:11 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #4
** All games have to be played BEFORE November 13th 2011 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE November 13th 2011 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:30:51 AM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #3

Scores:

Standings (3 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 11:16:54 AM

Make your time, wood elves!

I'm on California time so it is likely the weekend will be easiest for us, Iain - I should be available all day on my Saturday.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 11:17:21 AM

The Mutiny cannot believe we are on Day Four and they haven't cracked into "Best Punching Bag" yet, even after being mauled by dwarves.

God Save the Horn Players
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:35:03 AM

Alrighty, ezrast. I'm good basically whenever but no Monday night. This weekend day hours are a bit rough but evenings should be free. Eastern time.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 11:36:23 AM

Mmmmm, halfling stew time!

All right Luckton, I'm on Central Standard time. When's good for you?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:39:03 AM

I'm on California time so it is likely the weekend will be easiest for us, Iain - I should be available all day on my Saturday.

I'm off to Ireland again next week so we really need to get this played by Tuesday evening. Agree that the weekend is the most likely time for our schedules to mesh given the 9 hour differential. Shall we say about 11pm my time which is 2pm for you on Saturday?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:39:28 AM

The top two most violent teams of the season playing against each other?  I can't wait!  I'm perpetually free this week, Bann, so it should be easy getting together.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 11:42:25 AM

I'm off to Ireland again next week so we really need to get this played by Tuesday evening. Agree that the weekend is the most likely time for our schedules to mesh given the 9 hour differential. Shall we say about 11pm my time which is 2pm for you on Saturday?

Sounds perfect.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 11:48:37 AM

Bring on the Norse! My team is rowdy and ignores all the rules!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 12:02:29 PM

We are not concerned with goats.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 12:29:05 PM

7PM your time tonight is fine.  I'll start making the broth.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 01:14:51 PM

eldaec, let us set a time to play our (two!) games. My weekend schedule is even more open than usual, so that seems ideal given the time difference.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 01:23:40 PM

Sometime my Saturday evening should work well for me.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 01:35:09 PM

We are not concerned with goats.

That girl should be in my team.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 02:07:32 PM

7PM your time tonight is fine.  I'll start making the broth.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Tonight may not work. If you don't see me on at 7 pm, we'll have to do it another night.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 02:37:46 PM

That girl should be in my team.

No way, she has the Mutiny team uniform on.

Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 03:48:30 PM

Elf Bullshit, with Jordell Freshbreeze on the main-stage wins the day for the Gentlemans Club!

Even a Sauri was so inspired by the elven antics that he caught a loose ball, costing Ulysees a TD. All in all it was an entertaining match, with Jordell all over the place; proving why he's called a Star Player. Ulysees could have gotten a last-turn TD, but he was out of rerolls and skinks arent exactly known for their ballhandling skills. The Club praises nuffle today, not a single double 1, and just one attacker down, afaik, in the whole match.

Only Fen Lee was seriously injured, smashing his hand under a Saurus brute.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 04:29:03 PM

The Minizilla's 0 - Gentlemans Club 1

And my streak of being unable to break elf armour continues, at this rate I might have a team of saurus's with block by around season 7! That was a really frustrating match but at the same time I think both coaches played a really strong game and but for a "lucky" 6 the result might well have gone another way.

I won the toss and elected to receive and advanced a slow cage up the centre for 4 turns and tried to maim as much of Scadente's team as I could, this proved to not be very much, though I scored 4 KO's I was unable to get some much needed SPP on my saurus's with injuries and on turn 4 I decided that I had done as much harm as Scadente would stand and it was time to move into a score position before he fireballed me so I manouvered into a scoring position and due to the numbers advantage there was only a single elf in front of the cage at that point and things were looking good for a score until Jordell Flashbreeze showed why he is regarded as a star player.

Jordell leaps into the cage and sacks my ball carrier and follows that up by picking up the ball, however it wasn't looking like a healthy position to be in as he was surrounded by 4 angry lizards and though he had knocked the ball carrying skink down I had another in the cage ready to collect the ball when it was inevitably dropped and so the bashing began. It took 2 attempts to score the POW that I needed but I finally manage to pop the ball free and wait to see where the ball is going to end up so I can attempt the pickup, with re-rolls and score when, to my horror, the ball falls into the hands of a saurus who makes the catch!

I can't put the Saurus anywhere safe nor can I hand the ball off to the skink so I move him next to another of my lizards and on the following turn Scadente succesfully blitzes him down, Jordell scoops up the ball and runs far down the pitch but not far enough to get away from a Saurus blitz on the next turn so I move a marker to him and blitz to score a double push, Jordell gives me a cheery wave and leaps away from his markers but elects not to score that turn though he is now out of blitz range of my Saurus and 1 square away from a score but I have to use GFI's to get a skink and a saurus to mark him then blitz with a final skink in range, scoring the required POW but failing to break armour and Jordell stands up dodges away and scores on Scadente's turn 8. Goddam impervious elf armour!

The second half I get the ball off Scadente in turn 10 and form a strong cage in midfield, which again looks like being in a good position to score since most of his players are in my half of the field only for him to fireball the cage and knock down 2 saurus corners and badly hurt another skink corner leaving my ball handler and a single lizard guard standing, the following move is a blitz which pops the ball free and after some scuffling for a couple of turns it is ran into the bottom corner by my goal line.

With some depserate manouvering I manage to get tacklers back and eventaully manage to blitz the ball free on my turn 15 but I need to hit a skink pass to have a good chance of scoring the equaliser and even with a re-roll I fail to get the launch away leaving scadente with 1 more turn to make the score 2 nil if his catcher can dodge away from my saurus and pick up the ball but finally something goes wrong and the dodge fails though not before the ball has been marked by a sidestepping blitzer who on my final turn refuses to fall over from my blitz forcing a skink dodge in pickup and dodge out again before rushing up the field to hand off to a skink at the halfway point, who will need to hit a short pass to a skink in scoring range to tie the match. What can go wrong? Asking a skink to catch a ball maybe? Once more skink handling bites a lizard coach in the ass and he fails to catch the hand-off and the match ends with a 1-0 win for the elves.

That was one frustrating game to play from my point of view, but was a good game non the less and I enjoyed it, Scadente deserved the win, looks like it's fail-offs for me this year, fingers crossed for halflings first!!  awesome, for real

Match is submitted in BBmanager.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 04:50:11 PM

Tonight may not work. If you don't see me on at 7 pm, we'll have to do it another night.
And it's that time and I don't see you.  No worries man :)  How about Saturday night?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 04:58:53 PM

The Ex-Presidents 2 - 0 The Dandies

The Ex-Presidents trod upon the broken bones of their opponents once again today!

I won the toss and elected to receive.  I had been planning my opening move for a few days now in an attempt to maximize my claw/mb on the front line and try to take down that +STR Ogre monster that Bann has built, but I was unable to get any significant kos early on.  What followed was me, sitting in the middle of the field with the ball, trying to bash Bann's players and get a player advantage going into the second half.  I was unable to keep Franklin Pierce safe, however, and Bann knocked out the ball around turn 5.  I was able to win back control of it, however, and push most of his players to the wrong side of the field while prying away a few key chaos warriors to guard a frantic run for the endzone.  I was under pressure up until the final turn, but in the end Bann's loner Ogre failed a gfi on his blitz and I was able to walk into the endzone.

Bann began the second half with a player disadvantage, but it was mostly due to getting caught fouling, which we both did our fair share of.  I had one hell of a lucky kick very near the line of scrimmage that Bann fielded and looked like he might dash in for an equalizer early until he failed a gfi and I was able to surrond his players, contact the ball and finally pick it up and move it into a loose cage.  The next two turns was mostly me causing some serious casualties and a death reducing Bann to four people on the field.  Recognizing that further resistance could be met with some serious injuries at the hands of my two killer beastmen, Bann conceded the game under the agreement that I would score a second TD but not foul his pieces, essentially ending the game.  I ran in a second TD with Millard Fillmore, who is very close to his next level, and that finished the game.

The first half was a great game that Bann fought for tooth and nail.  The second half was just a bloodbath and a display of claw/mb's power.  In the end, Bann probably did himself a favor by essentially conceding the game because he may have gone into his next game with a seriously damaged squad or even lost a few more players.  George Washington leveled so that will probably be my second chaos warrior with blodge and guard unless I get another +STR roll.  Game has been uploaded.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 05:39:52 PM

Rudvaldt had a pretty good writeup.

A question that I found myself wondering and asking during the match was whether or not we are allowed to concede a match. I asked Rudvaldt during our match, and he offered instead of finding out if its frowned upon or not, he'd forgo fouling and walk in a late TD. I was more than happy to accept that. While I hope I'm never in that situation again, I would like to know if conceding during a match is a problem. I felt like my position at the time (4 skilled players on the pitch with no apoth left) had a better then even chance of ending in a ruined team with all the Claw, Mighty Blow,  and foul potential (we both received a bribe at the half) available had Rudvaldt chosen to go wild on me. I would have been more than willing to forgo the MVP to preserve my team.

Not too many highlights from my point of view. Millard fillmore (The +1 str ball carrying beastman) looked to have a broken collarbone at one point (-1 str) compliments of my ogre, but a closer look (read: apoth) showed only a badly hurt beastman. A cheap sp pass and a lucky MVP see a catcher and lineman both level to 3 for me. I figured this match was going to tilt one way or the other pretty heavily based on injuries, as we are I think the 2 most violent teams and both of us went in with just 11 players. If I could do it all over again I would have spent some cash on some lvl 1 lineman, and hopefully win the toss and try to dictate pain on the 1st drive.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 05:49:35 PM

Conceding is always a valid option, especially in the case you mention.  It is worth giving up the SPP to walk away with a healthier team imo.

I'm not such a fan of uncontested scoring, though, it appears to go (inside joke alert) AGAINST THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME  Mob
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 06:57:32 PM

Agreements not to bash? What the fuck game are you playing?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 07:00:52 PM

Really, I just didn't know the rules on conceding games.  It seemed a fair alternative.  Getting a second mvp would have been a greater benefit to me than a walk in TD; I was choosing the option that seemed the least selfish.  Bann played a good game and I didn't want to deprive him of an mvp.  He deserved it for that first half.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 07:06:49 PM

You also would've snagged his winnings.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 07:08:10 PM

I don't think Ruvaldt needs a minotaur to give more pain.

Note Milliard killed Calvin but luckily he regenned  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 07:24:39 PM

I don't mind concession if things are out of hand but unless it's really bad, I don't like it. And under no circumstances should anyone escape and quit out as a means of conceding. That means double MVPs and double money for the winner, which throws everything out of whack.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 07:31:34 PM

I didn't deserve to have Dead rerolled to Dead on my killer blitzer either, but that's the game. You play it all out and take what happens. I think that deliberately going soft on the other side because you like them/think they've suffered enough is contrary to the game.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 08:45:35 PM

I didn't deserve to have Dead rerolled to Dead on my killer blitzer either, but that's the game. You play it all out and take what happens. I think that deliberately going soft on the other side because you like them/think they've suffered enough is contrary to the game.

Exactly, live by the sword die by the sword. But I completely understand not going for the throat EXTREME hardcore style all the time as well.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 08:50:07 PM

You wouldn't have liked when I let up on Sky last season then.  Ohhhhh, I see.

ALSO - no idea who Kalias is, but I'd like to get this game played ASAP - either reach me on Steam tonight, or we can play tomorrow evening (US EST here), or maybe early Saturday morning. After that, my time is going to get really sketchy.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 09:19:22 PM

I don't consider my decision really going soft on Bann.  Hell, I beat his team up pretty good and killed someone.  I had no SPPs to gain by fouling and I had already won because he conceded.  I had nothing to gain by being punitive.  If I really wanted to be harsh I would've asked for his mvp/cash as well by asking for him to literally concede and quit out of the game, which would have thrown things out of whack, as Modern Angel points out.

As for the cash/minotaur: I have enough funds for a minotaur already.  I just don't want one.  I think Chaos teams have enough trouble with TV bloat without an overpriced turnover machine like a minotaur!

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 09:37:30 PM

My take probably would have been to say, "ok, no point me fouling you if I already have a decent numbers advantage, but if you don't want to stand up and let me hit you I'm going to score as many times as I can."

No big deal in the end though I'd say.

I love a mino. You should get one. Give him tentacles!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 09:47:37 PM

My take probably would have been to say, "ok, no point me fouling you if I already have a decent numbers advantage, but if you don't want to stand up and let me hit you I'm going to score as many times as I can."

That's actually exactly what I did.  I scored another TD.

I've always thought minos were redundant in a team with good killer beastmen and I now have two of them.  In order to make a minotaur really pay off you have to blitz with it half the time and Millard Fillmore is already set up as my lead blitzer under most circumstances, and he costs me far less in TV while doing so.  I seriously considered buying one between my last two matches though because I was really feeling a STR deficit with my lack of guard going into my game against Bann, but since Abraham Lincoln now has STR 5 I no longer feel the temptation.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:09 PM

I don't mind concession if things are out of hand but unless it's really bad, I don't like it. And under no circumstances should anyone escape and quit out as a means of conceding. That means double MVPs and double money for the winner, which throws everything out of whack.
Yeah, when I did it last round I didn't really have a choice.  I didn't realize how short of time I had before I had to leave the game and go to a real football game, so conceding was the only option.  Especially since we'd almost played a full half, and I felt it would probably be unfair to Eld to redo all that (especially if my rolls went much better and I raped him the first half on the replay).  Though I didn't realize exactly how much extra the other opponent gets from conceding a match, heh.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #4  
Jump to: