Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:54:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Arrow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arrow  (Read 96283 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: February 27, 2015, 08:57:26 PM

I hope he doesn't go total Batman.  I don't want 4-5 episodes of showing them prepare to take down a bad guy in one episode.   why so serious?
schild
Administrator

Reply #246 on: March 02, 2015, 01:53:57 PM

S02E08 - I was an adventurer like you until I took an arrow to the knee.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: March 02, 2015, 02:23:49 PM

I don't know why you're all assuming the Hot Tub is the Lazarus Pit when it is clearly ...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: March 25, 2015, 09:54:25 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #249 on: March 26, 2015, 09:05:26 AM

The DC movies will have nothing to do with the DC TV shows, unfortunately.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: March 26, 2015, 05:47:31 PM

I think he was assuming the character was removed so that it wouldn't be old news when used in the film. I think that is flawed for multiple reasons... the primary one being that we have not seen the last of him on tv.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: March 26, 2015, 06:24:13 PM

I think he was assuming the character was removed so that it wouldn't be old news when used in the film. I think that is flawed for multiple reasons... the primary one being that we have not seen the last of him on tv.

They already had to pull Harley and stick with her one easter egg.  Hell they used Cupid in her role this last episode.  It's Harley that falls for Deadshot in the comics.  Stephen Amell has even stated that DC is trying to keep their brands from being watered down.  Which is the reason why some characters have been pulled from the show.  The fact that Michael Rowe has stated that he doesn't have an ongoing contract with Arrow is also a bad sign of him returning.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: March 26, 2015, 07:21:21 PM

Too bad no one gives two fucks about suicide squad.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: March 26, 2015, 07:23:47 PM

Right, right, just like Guardians of the Galaxy was a no-name property that no one was going to want to see a movie about. No one at all.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: March 26, 2015, 07:39:01 PM

Right, right, just like Guardians of the Galaxy was a no-name property that no one was going to want to see a movie about. No one at all.

The fan base for Harley Quinn alone will probably make Suicide Squad money.  Let alone the new Joker and Will Smith.  This might even be the biggest money maker out of all the non Supes/Justice League movies. 
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: March 26, 2015, 08:19:09 PM

That you have any faith in a dc movie after their track record is borderline insanity.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: March 26, 2015, 08:39:35 PM

Oh I don't have faith in DC, but hey.. People liked Man of Steel.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: March 27, 2015, 04:53:58 AM

It's not faith in DC that I'm reacting to, it's the idea that the Suicide Squad is so obviously a dumb, obscure property that it couldn't possibly succeed. People should know better by now on that kind of point.

I actually think a smart film starring comic-book villains (Suicide Squad, Thunderbolts) is one of the more promising superhero concepts for film adaptation in the right hands, really.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: March 27, 2015, 05:05:18 AM

We've been doing the suicide squad for most of the 90s. Either it works really well, or we end up with the punisher, a guy whose story we've been telling since the 80s.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: March 27, 2015, 05:36:10 AM

There's a lot of reasons GOTG worked which SS(Those acronyms)  can't replicate.  First off is James Gunn, who went a long was in making that movie what it was.  Second is the lighter comedic tone and wild characters like a plant and a racoon that make it 'fun' so you can then pepper in jokes.  It didn't take itself 100% seriously and it shouldn't have because it's a ridiculous concept, as ridiculous as...suicide squad.

David Ayer is writing and directing SS and his credits are fury and fast and the furious...also the cast of SS doesn't lend itself to anything but the current grimdark DC theme.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:38:05 AM by Lakov_Sanite »

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: March 27, 2015, 12:10:46 PM

How is a group of supervillains compelled to go on secret-ops missions by a cynical US government sillier intrinsically than a team of people wearing their brightly-clad underwear on the outside fighting crime and calling themselves "Justice League", or a team of superpowered mutants, or a team made up of a billionaire inventor, a Norse god, a chemically-juiced supersoldier, a sexy Russian ninja, a guy with a bow and a huge green rage monster? Sillier than Zen monks with laser swords who use a mystical power to fight moon-sized space stations? Sillier than vampires? Sillier than zombies? Sillier than killer robots sent back through time to protect a world-destroying AI? Sillier than an alien that is a perfect killing machine?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: March 27, 2015, 04:11:16 PM

Marc Guggenheim just verified that Deadshot is gone from the show and it was Warner Bros. call that they were no longer able to use him.  This is also huge cuz that means we may never see Deathstroke or even Captain Boomerang again. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: March 27, 2015, 08:10:19 PM

I'm sorry I don't keep up on these dealings can you explain what you mean by that?  Are they headed to DC movies or WB grabbing the TV rights back or?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: March 27, 2015, 08:51:21 PM

I'm sorry I don't keep up on these dealings can you explain what you mean by that?  Are they headed to DC movies or WB grabbing the TV rights back or?

Suicide Squad is being made and the movies get the trump card over the TV shows.  So Deathstroke, Deadshot, Capt. Boomerang, and Harley Quinn are no longer able to be used by the CW for Arrow and Flash.  Their reason being wanting to keep the "brand" strong and not dilute the characters.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: March 27, 2015, 09:27:32 PM

So, what, are they going to cancel Flash once he's showing up in the movies?  That's just stupid on their part.   
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: March 27, 2015, 09:35:29 PM

So, what, are they going to cancel Flash once he's showing up in the movies?  That's just stupid on their part.  

Yeah i think Flash's only saving grace was it came out before the movies were finalized.  Or just use the Wally West Flash and not allow him on the TV show like originally planned.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:38:38 PM by Evildrider »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: March 28, 2015, 05:41:08 AM

How is a group of supervillains compelled to go on secret-ops missions by a cynical US government sillier intrinsically than a team of people wearing their brightly-clad underwear on the outside fighting crime and calling themselves "Justice League", or a team of superpowered mutants, or a team made up of a billionaire inventor, a Norse god, a chemically-juiced supersoldier, a sexy Russian ninja, a guy with a bow and a huge green rage monster? Sillier than Zen monks with laser swords who use a mystical power to fight moon-sized space stations? Sillier than vampires? Sillier than zombies? Sillier than killer robots sent back through time to protect a world-destroying AI? Sillier than an alien that is a perfect killing machine?

It has nothing to do with the characters and everything to do with the team of people makin the movie. It's all semantics though because even while it will be man of steel levels of shit, just like manic steel it will make enough money to keep the ball rolling.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: March 29, 2015, 12:12:33 AM

Suicide Squad is being made and the movies get the trump card over the TV shows.  So Deathstroke, Deadshot, Capt. Boomerang, and Harley Quinn are no longer able to be used by the CW for Arrow and Flash.  Their reason being wanting to keep the "brand" strong and not dilute the characters.

Not wanting to dilute the characters? Don't make the movie which will likely suck anyway. Will Smith is going to turn Deadshot into...well...Will Smith.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: March 29, 2015, 12:14:40 AM

This is ridiculously bad news. If they take this approach... the movies could ruin the shows.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #269 on: March 29, 2015, 12:00:37 PM

This is ridiculously bad news. If they take this approach... the movies could ruin the shows.

No, the movies WILL ruin the shows if WB Movies decides that having the characters in two places dilutes the brand. Knowing that they killed Deadshot simply because the movie people want to be special unique snowflakes makes me really stabby. Zack Synder and his group of grimdrak shitheads can eat a bag of dicks.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: March 29, 2015, 06:19:11 PM

It's the "Bat-Embargo" all over again. Which turned out not to be even remotely necessary.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: March 30, 2015, 12:30:02 AM

Thats really bad news. Is there really that much more money in shitty movies than there is in good TV shows?
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: March 30, 2015, 07:08:34 AM

No, the movies WILL ruin the shows if WB Movies decides that having the characters in two places dilutes the brand. Knowing that they killed Deadshot simply because the movie people want to be special unique snowflakes makes me really stabby. Zack Synder and his group of grimdrak shitheads can eat a bag of dicks.

I didn't even know that the movies were the reason they killed deadshot and it was already ruined.  The way they had him killed was dumb.  He knew there was no one left to shoot and didn't even try to run even though it was clear and he had no reason to be there anymore.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: March 30, 2015, 12:42:03 PM

If they had to kill him, I'd just have used it as another opportunity to have Ra's show what a badass he is...

I really fear that they'll cancel Flash because of the movies.  

I don't really support the idea of fan petitions to try to save a show from cancellation - but I might get behind one that discourages the studios from running shows into the ground.  Does anyone know if they've started one to try to get WB to treat the movies and shows entirely separate and independent?

...and it is going to be massively hypocritical of them to have Superman appear in Supergirl unless it is the movie Superman.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: March 30, 2015, 07:18:43 PM

Going in the other direction of things, they've just announced that Hawkgirl and Rip Hunter will also appear in the new team-up anthology show.

The totally hilarious part of that? They cast Rip Hunter already: it's Arthur Darvill. (Former Doctor Who companion Rory, if that doesn't ring a bell.) Cast as a time-travelling comic-book character.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: March 30, 2015, 07:45:06 PM

Going in the other direction of things, they've just announced that Hawkgirl and Rip Hunter will also appear in the new team-up anthology show.

The totally hilarious part of that? They cast Rip Hunter already: it's Arthur Darvill. (Former Doctor Who companion Rory, if that doesn't ring a bell.) Cast as a time-travelling comic-book character.

The casting of Rip Hunter means that the Blue Beetle show that was in development is probably shit canned.  Although that mess did at least give us Brandon Routh as Atom, so all is good.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: March 30, 2015, 10:47:46 PM

Beetle might be part of a show yet...

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: March 30, 2015, 10:49:18 PM

Beetle might be part of a show yet...

Hopefully it was shit canned.  It was at SyFy.   awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #278 on: March 31, 2015, 10:58:58 AM

I could see Blue Beetle appearing on that show.

Having Hawkgirl and Rip Hunter on the show, though? That TOTALLY means they are going full nerd with it.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: March 31, 2015, 01:24:26 PM

Brandon Routh had something seriously fucked up with his right eye that whole episode, it looked like he had pink eye.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Arrow  
Jump to: