Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1264677 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7455 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:06 AM

So much of this just feels like, "Oh please, casual players, stop running away. We're sorry!"  Wonder how much of it will work.

That's exactly what it is. The numbers didn't lie in the Q2 reports. NA players are leaving and they need to stop the bleeding before SWTOR comes and ruins their stranglehold.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7456 on: August 25, 2011, 11:19:59 AM

True, but if the goal is to try and eat KOTRO's lunch, they should really try pushing it out before their launch.  Keeping players is easier than winning them back, after all.   That being the case, this should be out for testing already unless they're not planning on doing their usual +2months of bugfixes & tweaks.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7457 on: August 25, 2011, 11:25:41 AM

Portals are back with it, too.  Shame it's only for one week of the month.  Wonder how long before that changes.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #7458 on: August 25, 2011, 11:56:22 AM

Portals are back with it, too.  Shame it's only for one week of the month.  Wonder how long before that changes.

Q3 reports.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7459 on: August 25, 2011, 12:56:28 PM

So much of this just feels like, "Oh please, casual players, stop running away. We're sorry!"  Wonder how much of it will work.
Prediction: MoP (oh God that acronym) is going to be so ridiculously under-tuned and easy it's going to make late-WotLK look like C'thun.

Also: Dalaran and Shattrash already got portals to Org/SW back.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7460 on: August 25, 2011, 01:08:58 PM

What's MoP stand for? I assume it's Deathwing's zone.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7461 on: August 25, 2011, 01:13:18 PM

Mists of Pandaria, the (almost definite) next expansion. You know, like in the identically-titled thread a couple of rows down?  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7462 on: August 25, 2011, 01:15:27 PM

Oh, derp. Sorry, I was thinking 4.3 and just assumed you were talking about the new raid zone.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7463 on: August 25, 2011, 01:50:41 PM

Prediction: MoP (oh God that acronym) is going to be so ridiculously under-tuned and easy it's going to make late-WotLK look like C'thun.

Also: Dalaran and Shattrash already got portals to Org/SW back.

It's not even just the tuning of content, but all those 'meaningful' mechanics they put in. My Moonkin used to be able to heal itself without going OOM before Cata for example.  Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #7464 on: August 25, 2011, 01:51:04 PM

meaningful = shitty.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7465 on: August 25, 2011, 01:59:28 PM

I liked the meaningful mana for healing thing ... it's just that there was only one brief time it actually worked the way they wanted it to, then the higher geared healers went right back to not having to give a fuck about efficiency, and the newbie healers still had to struggle to keep their PUGs alive because people are idiots. Basically, we can't have nice things.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I can't feel too sorry for non-healers not being able to heal themselves without it pounding their mana, though. QQ more, Fordel! Your real issue is their love affair with eclipse anyway, you can't fool me.

God Save the Horn Players
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #7466 on: August 25, 2011, 02:09:16 PM

The "meaningful" healing for non healer specs of healing capable classes pounding my mana wouldnt bother me quite as much if they hadnt decided to give pure dps classes like rogues / warriors healing mechanics that are practically more efficient then mine with even less of an impact on their dps / survivability.

A properly specced rogue / warrior can do more self healing then my boomkin / enhance shaman while still rapeing my face at the same time, which is just broken imo.  Not to mention that if i actually tried to shift out of moonkin and full hot myself with something beating on me, im probably going to be dead before the hots manage to do anything anyway.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:12:16 PM by SurfD »

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7467 on: August 25, 2011, 02:33:45 PM

I do fucking hate eclipse yes, it's sorta gotten better mechanically since Wrath (no more rng time based windows), but it's over all effect on my spells and their usage is terrible.

Spending 3 seconds to cast a single Starfire to see it take maybe a 5th of life off a shitty equal con quest mob feels like total ass and is a large contributing factor to me going 'whelp, fuck this I'll just play Minecraft instead'.

I went from being self sufficient, being able to machine gun things down or being able to drop giant bombs on things and in general being able to AE my fat Owlbear weight in mobs in one go; to being a big mana sponge that uses mediocre nuke A or mediocre nuke B in a temperamental rotation system where maximizing DPS means gaming said system and doing it 'wrong'.

Sjofn is just all Roses because they finally gave her paladin an AE heal.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7468 on: August 25, 2011, 02:51:18 PM

Warriors are fine! Better than before even.  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #7469 on: August 25, 2011, 02:51:25 PM

Moonkin are still very self sufficient. I don't think I ever stopped to eat/drink while leveling from 80-85 or while doing lvl 85 questing. You shouldn't ever be having mana problems from your DPS spells as a moonkin, and it still only takes a couple heals to get you back up and running. On other words, you've got mana to spare for healing yourself. Moonkin are totally not viable as group healers at 85 for a dungeon/raid, but then again you don't see rogues/warriors healing anyone else in their group.

It sounds like your complaint was actually about PVP but I'm still confused why people actually participate in (or post about) WoW PVP.

So much of this just feels like, "Oh please, casual players, stop running away. We're sorry!"  Wonder how much of it will work.

Every raid & non-raid content update is "trying to keep casuals from fleeing" despite the fact that content like Darkmoon Faire and Molten Front is usually planned out and partially developed 6+ months in advance.
Tinfoil Hat
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7470 on: August 25, 2011, 03:10:11 PM

Blizzard knows their own sub numbers, they don't have to wait for quarterly reports to react to them.

Like, if you think the new appearance tab stuff is anything but "oh gawd please stop leaving" I dunno what to tell you.

At Cata Release, my Moonkin could kill about 4 mobs before needing to innervate or drink/pot, depending on spawn rate and mob type.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #7471 on: August 25, 2011, 03:18:45 PM

Blizzard knows their own sub numbers, they don't have to wait for quarterly reports to react to them.

Like, if you think the new appearance tab stuff is anything but "oh gawd please stop leaving" I dunno what to tell you.

The sudden turn around for on their stance for an appearance tab and the extent of the T11 nerfs in 4.2 were both probably reactions to unhappy players. Notable quality of both of those changes? Not as much effort to implement when you compare it to a major piece of content like Darkmoon Faire. Not every positive change or new piece of content is a reaction to those complaints. We'd probably have gotten Darkmoon Faire and Molten Front almost exactly as they are even if everybody loved the new healing model, or whatever your particular complaint is.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7472 on: August 25, 2011, 03:45:30 PM

Sjofn is just all Roses because they finally gave her paladin an AE heal.

The AE heal is nice (I don't use it a lot in PvE though), but really the big thing was they made paladin healing fun.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7473 on: August 25, 2011, 03:51:58 PM

Moonkin are still very self sufficient. I don't think I ever stopped to eat/drink while leveling from 80-85 or while doing lvl 85 questing. You shouldn't ever be having mana problems from your DPS spells as a moonkin, and it still only takes a couple heals to get you back up and running.

That's not the issue. The issue is Moonkin can no longer heal themselves in BGs, while warriors and rogues can. The same is true for Prot pallies now, ferals, and enhance. I hate their pvp balance more now then I ever have (okay not ever have, but it's in the top five).

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7474 on: August 25, 2011, 03:54:22 PM

Reread Fordel's post. It seems that IS his issue.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #7475 on: August 25, 2011, 03:55:19 PM

The rogue heal is ass. 
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7476 on: August 25, 2011, 04:11:32 PM

PVP Healing is a problem too, but yea I'm talking about how in TBC and Wrath, I used to be able to fight half a dozen mobs and not really be concerned as long as I had a window to pop some heals off.

Now I takes a full stack of my HoTs to maybe get half life back, health that was dropped so low just by 1 or 2 mobs? Yea super fun!  why so serious?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7477 on: August 25, 2011, 04:24:50 PM

The rogue heal is ass. 

It is indeed ass, but I didn't feel like fighting about it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7478 on: August 25, 2011, 04:42:09 PM

Blog is up about new Darkmoon Faire.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3390849

Sad to see they are keeping the 'once week a month' thing in place for the faire, but otherwise an Island of fluff rewards/activities sounds pretty awesome.
Wait a second, wait one sodding second...
That’s not all! We have adorable companion pets includin’ a fez-wearing monkey, a plethora of profession recipes, toys, balloons, souvenirs, delectable carnival snacks and beverages, heirlooms for the little ones, and even replicas of long-lost suits of armor that we’re offering for your Transmogrification needs. You can also make your mark with new achievements and titles. All it takes to earn these fabulous rewards is a few Darkmoon Faire Prize Tickets and a good reputation with the carnies. How do ya get your grubby mitts on some tickets? I’m glad you asked!
a fez-wearing monkey

Oh yeah, and the "old set replicas for transmogrification" thing too.  awesome, for real

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7479 on: August 25, 2011, 04:48:38 PM

The rogue heal is ass. 

Yet it's still better than feral healing.

Well, except for when you pop Frenzied Regeneration and Savage Defense while being beat on by 5 melee characters in pvp.  Then you just feel overpowered.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #7480 on: August 25, 2011, 04:52:19 PM

The rogue heal is ass. 

Well, except for when you pop Frenzied Regeneration and Savage Defense while being beat on by 5 melee characters in pvp.  Then you just feel overpowered.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Then it's better than rogue healing, because popping our heal will not save you from anything.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7481 on: August 25, 2011, 05:04:17 PM

The rogue heal is ass. 

Then it's better than rogue healing, because popping our heal will not save you from anything.

Frenzied Regeneration just an in-combat survivability button.  I have both a Druid and Rogue I pvp with at 85, and I actually get better out of combat healing on the Rogue most of the time.  Just stealth, target an enemy and suck up free combo points with Honor Among Thieves to power Recuperate.You'll actually heal faster than a Feral, since the Druid will run out of mana long before the health bar is full.  Worst case, you can use Preparation.  That won't heal you as much, but it's a heal of a lot safer since you'll still be stealthed.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7482 on: August 25, 2011, 05:05:30 PM

The in-combat healing is what people (besides Fordel) are complaining about though, certainly nobody is whining about warrior out of combat healing.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7483 on: August 25, 2011, 05:09:49 PM

WARRIORS CAN USE FIRST AID WTF BLIZZ

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7484 on: August 25, 2011, 05:11:23 PM

The rogue heal is ass. 

As someone who's tried to kill a druid in bear with 3 other players and kept wound poison up the whole time.. yeah, it's a fuckload better than the rogue heal.

Tho I take issue with the "rogue heal is ass" part because it *has* saved me as i ran away from the holy priest I couldn't fucking kill because they have a fear that lasts longer than my stuns AND uber healing now.   Nice to know I got a rogue to max right as their years of being prime pvp players was nerfed to hell.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7485 on: August 25, 2011, 05:23:37 PM

As someone who's tried to kill a druid in bear with 3 other players and kept wound poison up the whole time.. yeah, it's a fuckload better than the rogue heal.

That may be so, but if a druid is in bear form in PvP, with no Bereserk, he is pretty much CCd. Rogues can spit out insane damage while their heal is up.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7486 on: August 25, 2011, 05:33:45 PM

They can also be CC'd while their heal is up, crazy, eh?

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7487 on: August 25, 2011, 06:37:57 PM

I'm sorry if this sounds mean, but I just really hate that canard. They can be CCd? So can every fucking class, of which a rogue does it the best. Besides which, their heal ticks away during a CC anyways.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me, while all the lasts I listed earlier have heals that can be interrupted (and subsequently locked out of that school), not so for a rogue.

I know deep down in my heart that rogues aren't the be all and end all of classes, I'm just really tired of seeing rogues and warriors top BGs in damage done, while placing second in heals to the healers.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7488 on: August 25, 2011, 07:01:32 PM

You JUST SAID, in order to dismiss the frenzied regen thing, that a bear can be CC'd. My point was so can the rogue. So don't whine the CC thing is a hated canard when you used it first.

Really, this is all just stupid wankery. Everyone wails their class can die in a PvP zone (except me, because my holy paladin is overpowered  Heart).

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7489 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:37 PM

Why are people comparing Frenzied Regen and the Rogue Heal?

Compare Leader of the Pack to the Rogue Heal if you want to have a slap fight about that.

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: