Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:41:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1265271 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7280 on: August 17, 2011, 09:24:26 PM

Confirmed, you can't use legendaries for the source or target of transmogrifying.

Sauce: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/191174/transmogrification-is-coming

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7281 on: August 17, 2011, 10:11:42 PM

There are smallish black ones that might work.
My Warlock will be using that entire set for her appearance.  Silver-thread is one of my favorites.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7282 on: August 17, 2011, 10:21:24 PM

I seem to recall the gloves not really going but I might be thinking of a different set. But yeah, the Silver-thread set goes for a pretty penny on Moon Guard, that's how you know it's pretty!  why so serious?

God, Moon Guard is going to get even more hilarious economy-wise, I can taste it!

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7283 on: August 17, 2011, 10:23:57 PM

Time to start cranking out the mageweave thongs.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7284 on: August 17, 2011, 10:24:45 PM

Silver-Thread all matches if you use the chest piece that isn't a robe.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7285 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:18 PM

The pants are absolutely fucking ridiculous, though. The gloves do match the robe alright, really. I'd want a black shirt under the robe, though, just to give the illusion of sleeves.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7286 on: August 17, 2011, 10:32:32 PM

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7287 on: August 17, 2011, 10:33:25 PM

Ridiculous.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7288 on: August 18, 2011, 04:48:19 AM

I see Robes of Insight being ultra expensive once more.  I should stock up.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #7289 on: August 18, 2011, 04:51:52 AM

I totally need one for my male gnome mage.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #7290 on: August 18, 2011, 08:14:25 AM

Changing all those ugly guns on my Orc Hunter to the Ancient Bone Bow model makes me happy.  And anything that can hide some of the ludicrous looking shoulders on any character is a good thing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:19:18 AM by Special J »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7291 on: August 18, 2011, 08:51:10 AM

Can you use heirlooms?  Will the appearance be kept when traded?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7292 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:11 AM

Changing all those ugly guns on my Orc Hunter to the Ancient Bone Bow model makes me happy.  And anything that can hide some of the ludicrous looking shoulders on any character is a good thing.

Somehow I doubt they're going to allow you to put a bow skin on a gun, but I've been wrong before  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7293 on: August 18, 2011, 08:57:28 AM

They have specifically said that you can change bow > gun > xbow, but not other weapons.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7294 on: August 18, 2011, 09:10:57 AM

They have specifically said that you can change bow > gun > xbow, but not other weapons.

Bullocks.  If that's how it's going to be, then why even have class weapon restrictions? 

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7295 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:01 AM

wat?

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7296 on: August 18, 2011, 09:32:24 AM

I agree, it's stupid that hunters can change what type of weapon they appear to be using but the rest of us can't. Why can they change a gun into a crossbow, but a warrior can't switch an axe into a sword?

Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #7297 on: August 18, 2011, 09:46:05 AM

Bullocks.  If that's how it's going to be, then why even have class weapon restrictions? 

Well I don't know ranged weapons outside of hunters, but are there any classes that can use one of guns/bows/x-bows and not the others?  I figured that's why they got away with it.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7298 on: August 18, 2011, 09:51:31 AM

No. Warriors and rogues can all use bows, xbows, guns, and throwing. No one else (besides hunters) can use any of them at all.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #7299 on: August 18, 2011, 09:52:24 AM

Rogues and Warriors can use Thrown/Gun/Bow/XBow.  Hunters can only use Gun/Bow/XBow.

The restriction on changing gear outside of its type is only for Gun/Bow/XBow so there's no change in what a class's gear could look like.

As for why Hunters get to swap their main weapon's model around?  For a start, guns and crossbows that used to be guns are super fucking annoying.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7300 on: August 18, 2011, 10:22:36 AM

Void Storage: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3342240
80-slot, searchable bank space with the drawback that it costs money to deposit/withdraw items, and it strips all enchantments/gems/etc. from anything put in it. So it's an archive box rather than a safe deposit box.

Also: Buying cheap vanity items to resell post-4.3 is vastly amusing. Why thank you, whoever it was who put a Mug O'Hurt up on the AH for 20 gold. I'm fairly sure it'll sell for more than that in a couple of months.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7301 on: August 18, 2011, 10:28:56 AM

1k gold to unlock the VS and 100g to deposit one item?  Yeah, ok.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7302 on: August 18, 2011, 10:33:53 AM

Hahaha.  Yah, my chances of resubbing for this went from slim to none. 

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7303 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:43 AM

I would have re-subbed if I could have changed my 1h/oh combo on my spriest to look like anathama but unfortunately I almost never use staves anymore.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7304 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:28 AM

Now I'm even more upset I could never get that damnable scythe from the holiday stuff.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #7305 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:24 AM

For quite some time now, players have been asking for a location in which to store important keepsakes including treasured armor sets, unique quest rewards, and gifts from friends, as well as other valuable items they've collected on their journeys throughout Azeroth. Well, we figured they already had something like that, and it was called a bank. But now we're immensely pleased with ourselves to announce the addition of Void Storage!

"So what's Void Storage?"

Void Storage will open up 80 slots of long-term storage space!

"So... like a bank then?"

Not at all! A variety of items can be placed into Void Storage -- including soulbound items and Battle.net Account Bound items -- making it the perfect location to store trophies from past conquests, as well as armor you may want to hold onto for Transmogrification.  So, if you've been looking for a good home for those old tier sets or your vanity holiday items, Void Storage is it! And it's as easy to use as dragging and dropping.

"That sounds exactly like the bank we already have."

Aha, but you're not getting the whole picture here!

"What am I missing, then? It's 80 slots more that I can dump my overflowing shit-pile into and it works on the same principle as the bank I already have..."

Weeeelll... in return for this unique service, the Ethereals will require a small fee for each item deposited into or withdrawn from their Void Storage apparatus. Also, since this particular storage option isn't really intended for belongings that you'd use on a regular basis (like your current set of raiding gear, for example), any item placed in Void Storage will be stripped of all its enhancements, including enchants, gems, sockets, and reforged stats

"So I have to pay to put stuff in... and take stuff out... and it won't be in the same condition I put it in?"

Yes! Oh shit, wait, you also have to pay a great big lump sum to even use Void Storage! It's fancy like that!

"Yes, I think I see now. You are a bunch of fucking crooks. You know that? Tiny-limbed-corpulent-dinosaur enthusiast crooks. You could have just upped the current bank system by another 80 slots and everyone would have been happy with that."

Uhhh... misdirection time! We're also adding in a mod-feature we've blithely ignored for years that lets you search through your... wait... wait! Where are you going?

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #7306 on: August 18, 2011, 10:57:49 AM

The transaction cost makes sense though since the actual Transmog process wasn't shown to cost more than say, reforging.  So if you have a suit you're going to want to wear 95% of the time, just keep that in your normal bank and stick vanity trinkets and stuff you might want to use as a source once-in-a-blue-moon in the void storage.

That said, none of my banks are brimming or would be if I ate a bag slot on cosmetic stuff so I don't see myself using it a whole lot anyway awesome, for real.

"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7307 on: August 18, 2011, 11:00:35 AM

The feature I would consider staying subbed for is the raid finder. I'm stuck in a guild right now that can't even clear nerfed BWD, that is if we scrape up enough people to do it; and fireland pugs don't happen at all on my server, save for trash runs. I just want to see the new raid content they put in.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7308 on: August 18, 2011, 11:05:10 AM

1000 gold is a lot of money? Really? What, did we travel back in time to early TBC or something?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #7309 on: August 18, 2011, 11:06:46 AM

The feature I would consider staying subbed for is the raid finder. I'm stuck in a guild right now that can't even clear nerfed BWD, that is if we scrape up enough people to do it; and fireland pugs don't happen at all on my server, save for trash runs. I just want to see the new raid content they put in.

What makes you think you and 9 randomly selected players who have never met won't have the same problem or do even worse?

Cata lacked a good gold sink. I have no problems with the transmog cost. We're talking about an economy where the top single-weapon enchant for melee dps currently sells for 1.5k, and Firelands BoEs go for 15-30k. If I get a new set of armor and have to re-apply my old one, the 500g to remove those pieces of armor and 500 to deposit them again isn't going to kill my wallet. Or better yet, whichever set you really like, keep in your regular bank. The ones you like less and just want to keep around just in case? Void storage.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7310 on: August 18, 2011, 11:06:49 AM

I agree, it's stupid that hunters can change what type of weapon they appear to be using but the rest of us can't. Why can they change a gun into a crossbow, but a warrior can't switch an axe into a sword?

Because the animations are so different, maybe.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #7311 on: August 18, 2011, 11:10:55 AM

You could have just upped the current bank system by another 80 slots and everyone would have been happy with that.

Except this is on a different scale than the bank.  An item in Void Storage is just an item ID (and maybe condition, although I think the fee is in part a way to mask that they're not storing this).  An item in your bank is: item ID, condition, crafter, reforge, gem(s), and enchant(s).

That's several times more information.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7312 on: August 18, 2011, 11:15:26 AM

1000 gold is a lot of money? Really? What, did we travel back in time to early TBC or something?

Depends on how casual you are/ how willing to exploit the AH you are.  It's not a lot of money for me and I consider myself poor with only 18k.  I know lots of folks - raiders and non raiders - for whom they rarely have even enough money to buy gems for their gear.   

No, I have no fucking clue what they do with their cash from dailies.  You can make 100g in fifteen minutes without really trying.

Anywho, VS appears to be meant for the packrats like myself whose bank is already stuffed to the gills with shit they pull out once a year. Holidays, guild events, whatever.   I've got lots of stuff I'd love to keep even though I rarely use it but getting new armor means I have to rid myself of old. I'm happy with it, but not as happy as I'd have been before I destroyed 3 armor sets I now have to reacquire because I liked the look.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7313 on: August 18, 2011, 11:33:39 AM

My Alliance paladin is poor because I am sick to fucking death of dailies. I burned out on them on my Horde paladin, and fuck doing them again on my Alliance one. Or any alts for that matter, if I can manage to force my way through the 80-85 content a fourth time (my Horde rogue hit 85 and promptly started to gather dust), which seems pretty unlikely.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7314 on: August 18, 2011, 11:36:59 AM

Obviously they felt they needed another gold sink, which doesn't surprise me based on what people besides me apparently seem to have saved up. I can never keep money myself but other people have little trouble amassing thousands, apparently.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: