Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:02:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1264971 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4270 on: December 02, 2010, 05:12:52 AM

Elwynn is pretty similar, much like Teldrassil, it's just organised better. The gnome starter experience is all new though.

God Save the Horn Players
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4271 on: December 02, 2010, 07:25:17 AM

Pirates > Ninjas. Just sayin'

What's the best resource for finding out which quests are no longer active? My paladin was supposed to go to the Silverpine Forest ages ago, but someone told me it's now a Horde zone.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4272 on: December 02, 2010, 08:55:30 AM

It was always a horde zone, you probably just had a class quest there or something. I know the old Warlock quests LOVED sending you into opposition territory for your pets. For the specific quest, you could check wowhead.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4273 on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:47 AM

I rolled an undead last night to get the context for this screenshot. It's an interesting quest chain.

"Forsaken with elbows"  is chuckle worthy in a random, non sequitur way, but I still feel like I'm missing the joke. Is there a story behind this or is it just random silliness?

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #4274 on: December 02, 2010, 09:24:55 AM

It was always a horde zone, you probably just had a class quest there or something. I know the old Warlock quests LOVED sending you into opposition territory for your pets. For the specific quest, you could check wowhead.

I think I mentioned earlier but wowhead still seems to be trying to get its shit together as far as database goes. It's doing it quickly but still not right in places (eg currently lots of quests seem to be marked as class/race specific when they're blatantly not).

But yes, Silverpine has always been a Horde zone but both ally and horde paladins have a level 20 weapon quest needs a drop in SFK (The old Verigan's fist quest). It doesn't need drops from BFD or Deadmines anymore (BFD and RFC for Belf Pallys)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:27:38 AM by DraconianOne »

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4275 on: December 02, 2010, 09:46:04 AM

I did notice some sillyness with quests being flagged as class specific, but generally found that if a quest was marked "Removed From Game" or whatever, it really was.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4276 on: December 02, 2010, 09:52:50 AM

"Forsaken with elbows"  is chuckle worthy in a random, non sequitur way, but I still feel like I'm missing the joke. Is there a story behind this or is it just random silliness?
All Forsaken clothes have the elbows and knees ripped out.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4277 on: December 02, 2010, 10:20:13 AM

Oh, it's a reference to clothing. DUH.

My reaction to it was "What is he talking about? Their arms bend. They have elbows."
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4278 on: December 02, 2010, 10:29:01 AM

And they have no flesh (dessicated or no) on said joints.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #4279 on: December 02, 2010, 11:48:06 AM

I took the rocket from EPL to Fuselight-by-the-Sea, only to find that apparently you can't access the teleporter from there to the rest of the Badlands if you've already done the Fuselight quests.  With old-world flying in the game that would be a non-issue, but it was either hearth to Dalaran or pop a waterwalking potion and run around the coast to Blasted Lands or the new Twilight zone.  I chose the run.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4280 on: December 02, 2010, 11:54:58 AM

Similarly, if you don't have quests, thousand needles is an exercise in futility.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4281 on: December 02, 2010, 11:59:43 AM

Just to reference the topic elsewhere. I may just live in Silverpine...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4282 on: December 02, 2010, 12:12:25 PM

New Shadowfang sucks balls though.  Really, really not good.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4283 on: December 02, 2010, 01:23:55 PM

I think it's just that the new bosses are a tad bullshit for their level range, mechanics wise.

Deadmines and Shadowfang got the level 80 instance complexity treatment, which is COOL, but not suited to their intended level range for newer players. The majority of the new boss abilities should be heroic mode only, imo.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4284 on: December 02, 2010, 01:30:10 PM

It is never too early to learn to not stand in fire.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4285 on: December 02, 2010, 01:31:54 PM

It's the only functional mechanic Blizzard has.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4286 on: December 02, 2010, 01:35:08 PM

There's little fire to not stand in (first deadmines boss is pretty much it)

But shit like "take all party members to 1 health and then heal them to 30%" is a bit much and makes newer healers burn mana trying to heal everyone. Bullet storm is also a bit on the "by the time you've read the debuff, you're dead" at that level.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4287 on: December 02, 2010, 03:02:14 PM

For those fretting about the Deathwing achieve (like me) apparently he will be making fly-bys until the patch in which he becomes a raid boss.  So never fear, you have between 6 and 12 months to get charred.   It was posted on the WoW-Europe forums but I can't find a wow-europe dev tracker to confirm what my GL said (PLus MMO-Champs is giving me a parse error).

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4288 on: December 02, 2010, 03:03:30 PM

And presumably after that you can still get the achievement by dying to him in a raid, given that it is a real achievement and not a feat.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4289 on: December 02, 2010, 04:04:24 PM

Bullet storm is also a bit on the "by the time you've read the debuff, you're dead" at that level.

It teaches people a valuable "If Blizzard actually puts a giant warning in by default about something, you probably need to fucking move" lesson!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4290 on: December 02, 2010, 04:59:10 PM

They took out the Battle for Undercity, I've just discovered on my mage.  This makes me sad.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4291 on: December 02, 2010, 05:57:37 PM

It presented a difficult continuity issue; how do you help Thrall retake UC when he's not warchief anymore? They also removed several quests from Outland because they required you to interact with Thrall (Hero of the Mag'har in particular).

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4292 on: December 02, 2010, 05:59:12 PM

It presented a difficult continuity issue; how do you help Thrall retake UC when he's not warchief anymore? They also removed several quests from Outland because they required you to interact with Thrall (Hero of the Mag'har in particular).

I think there are some geographical changes in and around the Undercity, at least at the surface level, that would have meant redoing all the phasing, too.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4293 on: December 02, 2010, 06:55:36 PM

Thanks guys for the info re: Silverpine. I finally made the trek and was able to solo much of it until the last (?) boss. I was beginning to think I was unkillable :p

Btw, anyone have any swashes that need buckling? (I'm assuming the Booty Bay arc is new stuff too)

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #4294 on: December 02, 2010, 09:15:37 PM

The lowbie undead quest where you pretend to be a quest giver is fucking hilarious.

Lol I was at a buddies place as he did this, and when he saw that orc douce flying in on his epic mount scream 'Can you smellllll what the Lok'Thar is cooking?!?!', he looked at me and was like 'Dude, that's YOU!!!'

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Bastard!

Best quest ever!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #4295 on: December 02, 2010, 09:21:48 PM

It presented a difficult continuity issue; how do you help Thrall retake UC when he's not warchief anymore?

I dunno, Doc Brown and Kyle Reese show up to cajole you to do it?

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4296 on: December 02, 2010, 09:48:51 PM

Nonsense! Just get Chromie in there. Chromie fixes everything.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4297 on: December 02, 2010, 09:48:58 PM

While I realize you're being silly, I really think they should move the whole of Outland and Northrend into the Caverns of Time until such a time when (if?) they can be given a few updates to make sense in the lorelol.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #4298 on: December 02, 2010, 10:02:26 PM

Nonsense! Just get Chromie in there. Chromie fixes everything.

Lore wise, Chromie is the shit lol. What made her extra special was the 'would you do her?' arguements that kept popping up in trade chat on my server.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4299 on: December 02, 2010, 10:37:36 PM

Chromie is also a male dragon in female gnome form, FYI

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4300 on: December 02, 2010, 11:36:53 PM

While I realize you're being silly, I really think they should move the whole of Outland and Northrend into the Caverns of Time until such a time when (if?) they can be given a few updates to make sense in the lorelol.

I was only being half-silly, I would really prefer they do what you suggest myself. It's just such a huge mindfuck "oh God did I fall through a wormhole" thing. It's worse as Alliance, I think, since Outland was borderline "wtf" even when it was new for them.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #4301 on: December 02, 2010, 11:44:26 PM

They took out the Battle for Undercity, I've just discovered on my mage.  This makes me sad.

I'm not so distressed by this. It was cool and I'm glad I did it but, quite honestly, the quest itself bored me. Yes, I'm fighting alongside Thrall and Sylvanas and yes, it's a major plot point but whether I fight or not, they're going to win and also, I'm buffed to the point of invincibility which means there's also no danger and even more minimal chance of death than normal. A cut scene would have been more involving.

I am saddened by the Hero of the Mag'har removal though because I had it on my "must get around to doing it" list and didn't at all clock that they'd be taking it out of the game.  swamp poop

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4302 on: December 02, 2010, 11:51:58 PM

I'm with you there DraconianOne; the first time I did the Battle for UC I thought it was epic and cool. Every other time I was just bored. No risk, no reward (since you get no xp from the ton of shit you kill besides the turn-in at the end), etc.

I would've preferred it as a series of phased quests. Ditch all the buffs and simply have kill quests for the shit in each area. Once you clear the Courtyard, you walk with the NPCs to the next area and get the next quest, etc.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #4303 on: December 03, 2010, 01:02:27 AM

Having played Dun Morogh as a Dwarf up until it bugs out at the airstrip all the hubs are very well designed.  Breadcrumb in, do a couple of quests, breadcrumb to the next hub and repeat.

It's still a lot of bear ass collection (or its variants) but its kept fresh by moving you around or fun touches like getting launched out of... something or needing to collect your belongings before leaving the starter area.  The loot has also been nice: fresh icons and no clownsuit vibe at all.

I figure I'll save Westfall for another alt and keep on with the Dwarf stuff.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4304 on: December 03, 2010, 04:30:26 AM

I think it's just that the new bosses are a tad bullshit for their level range, mechanics wise.

Deadmines and Shadowfang got the level 80 instance complexity treatment, which is COOL, but not suited to their intended level range for newer players. The majority of the new boss abilities should be heroic mode only, imo.

As level 15 dungeons, or level 80(85??) heroics? I had no problems running either as a complete noob tank - literally my first tanking for a group in WoW.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: