Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:38:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1264677 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3920 on: November 15, 2010, 03:46:57 PM

So, does anyone have a rought list of what's going when 4.0.3 hits?

All I know for sure so far is that ZG is going. How about old world quests and such, or are most zones keeping a decent portion of their quests?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3921 on: November 15, 2010, 03:50:25 PM

None of that is changing tomorrow (4.0.3); 4.0.3 is a few minor tweaks and a preparation patch. 4.0.3a is when it's all going to hit the fan. From messing around in beta, what quests are staying/going seems to vary by zone. For example, Tirisfal Glades retained a lot of the vanilla quests and just streamlined the progression throughout the zone; Silverpine Forest however was entirely different.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3922 on: November 15, 2010, 04:20:24 PM

So, does anyone have a rought list of what's going when 4.0.3 hits?

All I know for sure so far is that ZG is going. How about old world quests and such, or are most zones keeping a decent portion of their quests?

ZG is going, Dire Maul is going.  I hear Mankirk stops asking about his wife, and has moved on to being an actual member of the local army.   I imagine Ashenvale is a complete revamp for both sides, because so much is changing there.. ditto for Barrens being a revamp.  I seem to remember hearing that Desolace was totally redone somewhere.

They had originally wiped out the "The Insane" title because Dire Maul and it's faction were being removed, but due to player pressure it's back in, minus the DM faction requirement. That announcement also said Bloodsail Admirals were coming back, so that leads me to believe that STV will be another completely new and revamped zone.   

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3923 on: November 15, 2010, 04:31:49 PM

Bloodsail rep was originally out due to the changes in STV, but they put it back in.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3924 on: November 15, 2010, 04:40:16 PM

How do you get Steamwheedle cartel rep without doing DM north?

This thread is great. I learn another reason why I have no desire to play WoW ever again almost every day. (and this is the only place I go to find out about their changes)

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3925 on: November 15, 2010, 04:43:20 PM

There's repeatable goblin faction from that guy in Feralas, no idea if he is staying or going though.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3926 on: November 15, 2010, 04:44:44 PM

How do you get Steamwheedle cartel rep without doing DM north?

This thread is great. I learn another reason why I have no desire to play WoW ever again almost every day. (and this is the only place I go to find out about their changes)

You kill shitloads of southsea pirates/ wastewater assassins at 2.5 rep per kill.  (They take you to exalted now.)

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3927 on: November 15, 2010, 05:04:01 PM

I guess the bigger question is, will my Dartol's Rod of Transformation still be in my inventory, and will it work post 4.0.3a?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3928 on: November 15, 2010, 05:23:59 PM

There's repeatable goblin faction from that guy in Feralas, no idea if he is staying or going though.

The dude on the beach who wants you to kill the elementals? He's still doing his thing last I checked.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3929 on: November 15, 2010, 08:12:32 PM

Elementals are actually attacking capital cities now.

Word is invasions every 2 (maybe 3) hours on the hour.  Never seen so many 80s standing around at the Org entrance so patiently before.   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3930 on: November 15, 2010, 09:25:51 PM

Elemental event is getting a big thumbs-down from the forum monkeys. I can't be bothered to log in.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3931 on: November 15, 2010, 09:41:21 PM

I actually think the invasions are pretty fun; I just find the rewards underwhelming.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #3932 on: November 15, 2010, 10:15:58 PM

Is there anything besides the gear and the one FoS at this point?  As for the gear, the shield is probably the nicest model to recycle especially since it's only available normally off of Heroic Hodir-10 or Normal Hodir-25.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #3933 on: November 15, 2010, 11:38:57 PM

The elemental bosses are giving out one level 251 drop per kill.  Which for slackers like me is free sweet loot, so I'm happy.  For no-lifers who're all raid geared up, there's no point.  My plan is to get the four items from these guys that are actually relevant to me as quick and easy upgrades, then see about hitting the now-heavily-nerfed Icecrown stuff to try to kill Arthas.  I didn't feel like devoting weeks to the job before, but hopefully the easy gear upgrade plus the nerfing of the Icecrown raids will put me in a better position to gank the guy.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3934 on: November 16, 2010, 12:09:08 AM

I'm rather glad I didn't finish the quest chains. I'm keeping the doomsday sandwich board on my main since there seems to be no point to seeing the chains all the way through.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3935 on: November 16, 2010, 12:21:49 AM

Elemental event is getting a big thumbs-down from the forum monkeys. I can't be bothered to log in.
Blame all the people who whinged about the wotlk zombie event - Blizzard has tried to run an event that foreshadows the destruction of Azeroth without inconveniencing anyone overmuch. As expected, that's not really possible.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3936 on: November 16, 2010, 06:36:31 AM

I actually think the invasions are pretty fun; I just find the rewards underwhelming.

This. I looked at the tables, and as expected they matched what I had already.

If they could give away some freaking decent boots...

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #3937 on: November 16, 2010, 10:15:27 AM

I had a pretty good time elemental-baiting last night. My pally tank was more than up to the task, although you do want to be careful with the multiple elite spawns. There was some whining when the AH got wiped, but, eh, fuck'em. That shit'll be there in an hour when it's done. Small potatoes compared to the angst over the zombie invasion and I was loving that back in the day.

The only issue I had with it were the massively undergeared and inexperienced tanks when queueing for the elemental lords. Man, that was painful. We did learn than a T10 shaman can tank Princess Theouglyass quite successfully.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3938 on: November 16, 2010, 10:18:50 AM

I am going to start eavesdropping on this thread once it gets released to see the reactions. I am almost curious enough to start up again just to see the world changes in a free month. This all depends on the employment situation, but I am listening. Just hope to god they bring back Oshur... or wait... n/m.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3939 on: November 16, 2010, 10:29:11 AM

Was a blast doing the event last night.  The pyrotechnics reminded me of my last run through TK, though.   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3940 on: November 16, 2010, 10:45:03 AM

Pretty fun so far. The bosses at least pose a bit of a challenge, not something you can just sleepwalk through like the Horseman holiday boss. The invasions are fun too, though the waiting isn't  ...  I got cocky on my warlock during a Stormwind invasion and pissed off several elite elementals and was quite suddenly dead, so I like that there is at least some danger involved.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3941 on: November 16, 2010, 11:07:00 AM

The bosses all have some trick or another to them yeah. Took me a try or two to notice that you can dodge Princess's knock-up attack, for example. You can dodge the freeze line from the hydra, too, and the glacier heal thing is interruptible.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3942 on: November 16, 2010, 11:31:51 AM

Tip for people doing 'zilla: The ice block is dispellable. It would probably be a good idea to dispel it if it hits the tank.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3943 on: November 16, 2010, 11:45:20 AM

So far the fire boss seems to have the highest barrier to not dying for PuGs, wind boss is easiest.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3944 on: November 16, 2010, 12:46:37 PM

So far the fire boss seems to have the highest barrier to not dying for PuGs, wind boss is easiest.

Fire has one of those 'you have to move or you will burn to death' things like Jaraxxus, that is what is always killing people I think.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3945 on: November 16, 2010, 12:53:29 PM

Are these bosses something my 80 moonkin can do in crappy quest greens or will I be eaten and kicked out by the raider types?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3946 on: November 16, 2010, 01:15:12 PM

Unlikely that anyone will stop long enough to even look at your gear given that they're only available in 30 minute windows, so the standard operating procedure is GO GO GO.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3947 on: November 16, 2010, 02:39:09 PM

Tip for people doing 'zilla: The ice block is dispellable. It would probably be a good idea to dispel it if it hits the tank.

It's funny, I have a really quick draw on cleanse. I see a THING on someone, I totally dispell it before I even know wtf it is. Back when arcane's build up thing was dispellable, it would make my mages really sad.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3948 on: November 16, 2010, 02:52:46 PM

Unlikely that anyone will stop long enough to even look at your gear given that they're only available in 30 minute windows, so the standard operating procedure is GO GO GO.

The million dollar question is...is it fun?

If it's fun, easy, and interesting.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3949 on: November 16, 2010, 02:54:32 PM

I had fun doing it with people I actually knew, I haven't pugged it.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3950 on: November 16, 2010, 03:32:18 PM

I had fun doing it with people I actually knew, I haven't pugged it.

I pugged it for 2, it sucked.  Typical PUG behavior.

One guy runs in and starts it up before everyone has the quest (forcing you to do it at least twice. More if you don't figure out to grab the quest before leaving the instance after the boss is dead instead of trying to grab it on zone-in.)   the tank stands in the fire.. or positions the mob so the DPS has to stand in the fire, the healer doesn't heal anyone but the tank but then bitches you're not standing in the fire to dps and he's almost OOM because the kill is taking too long. Then, when it's finally dead one jackass waits until everyone has rolled greed and hits need then drops group thinking he's somehow pulled a fast one by ninjaing a leet item that sells for 6g.   awesome, for real

I can't wait for Cata when all this is magnified by lack of overgearing.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3951 on: November 16, 2010, 03:48:30 PM

FWIW I think the way the fire boss works, any fire patches are not so much the fault of where the tank positions it as they are due to some other DPSer with the "Hot Feet" debuff standing around next to you.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3952 on: November 16, 2010, 04:03:24 PM

Yep, you got it. There are very few tank gimmicks in these fights ("kite Flamelash" is about it) but there are a few "pay attention, now" things for the DPS (don't stand in fire/cyclone, don't steal aggro* if the tank is iceblocked/knocked back/etc., and so on)
Which, naturally, isn't happening.  awesome, for real

*I was tanking, in my terrible thrown-together tanking set of piecemeal T9+heroic gear, for a DK with full Heroic LK25+Shadowmourne who queued as DPS. When he, natually, grabbed aggro from me after I got feared and then knocked back right afterwards by Fat Princess, it was somehow my fault.  Facepalm

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3953 on: November 16, 2010, 05:05:10 PM

I've pugged the new bosses some, and the main problem seems to be people in their 25-man LK shit thinking they can faceroll it like the Horseman and whoops you actually have to pay the slightest bit of attention on these guys. It hasn't been too terrible REALLY, certainly no ninjaing in the groups I've been in, but yeah, there have been wipes.

God Save the Horn Players
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3954 on: November 16, 2010, 05:13:10 PM

The only problem i've had so far is people dying constantly on the fire guy. I'm missing one item for all three of my chars, i hope this lasts for a while.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: