Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:14:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1265168 times)
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3605 on: October 20, 2010, 07:35:52 AM

My paladin got the Headless Horseman mount!

Grats! Those are fun mounts. I recently finished the Netherwing grind and am very happy with my shiny new Azure Netherdrake.

---------------------------------------

Have they changed the way the inactive/deserter thing works? Last night I was in the BG queue and got IoC. It loaded and the game locked up, forcing me to reboot. All told I was out of the game for ~2 minutes or less, and when I logged back in I had been kicked out of the BG and had a nice 15 minute deserter debuff because I dared to crash out of the game. This ended my battleground-ing for the evening because I didn't have the ~45 minutes required for another wait in the 15-20 minute queue + 20-25 mins for whatever BG I got. Very annoying.

Also a few days ago I was in AV. Of course we zerged Vanndar and of course we wiped. I ended up at a graveyard with 30 seconds to rez, so I quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed a drink of water. This took maybe 60 seconds or so. I came back to the game, buffed, mounted and noticed I had this funny looking debuff on me - "Inactive". I had 30 seconds to engage in pvp and, this being AV, of course I couldn't find an enemy in that time frame even though I frantically ran around searching. Boom, kicked out with deserter debuff. This pissed me off so I logged for a while. When I came back, the deserter debuff had reset back to the full 15 minute duration.

I don't recall Deserter resetting to full duration on relog or the 'inactive' debuff happening THAT quickly before. Have they changed things, or am I the "victim" of some overzealous person marking people inactive all the time?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3606 on: October 20, 2010, 08:43:13 AM

Hate.

Nah, actually happy that you got it on the third year of trying.

The best part is my sister can't ride in circles around me on HERS to mock me any more.

God Save the Horn Players
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3607 on: October 20, 2010, 09:21:53 AM

Same deserter shit happened to me.  I think when you crash out, it kicks you out and throws deserter on you.

Awesome, eh ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3608 on: October 20, 2010, 09:53:00 AM

Shrike, is 2h frost better dps than dw now? DPS has always been my offspec, so I don't mess around with it much but I had assumed Frost was still the dw tree.

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

I would've PREFERED it on my death knight but whatever!

Gratz! Got mine today too! Ohai mount #103.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3609 on: October 20, 2010, 11:16:16 AM

Gratz! Got mine today too! Ohai mount #103.

103?!?!@!1!1one!?  So the 100 mounts thing is really possible after all?  Whoa...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #3610 on: October 20, 2010, 11:18:00 AM

Shrike, is 2h frost better dps than dw now? DPS has always been my offspec, so I don't mess around with it much but I had assumed Frost was still the dw tree.

No, it's not better. I just have a better 2hander than I have 1handers. Otherwise, I'd be DW by preference. Shouldn't have blown all that honor on gems for my shaman.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Long answer is they're the same, but different. 2h is still GCD constrained and runs best in UP and benefits most from more haste. DW isn't GCD choked, runs best in FP, and benefits most from more STR. They're both about generating tons of rune power, then blowing it in orgies frost strike spam (which does hit remarkably hard).

From my DKs perspective, it's just more fun than unholy, which feels way clunky to me. If I had better tanking gear, I'd say screw it and go blood tank.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3611 on: October 20, 2010, 11:19:11 AM

I believe I had around 108 mounts back in April.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #3612 on: October 20, 2010, 11:33:19 AM

DW isn't GCD choked, runs best in FP, and benefits most from more STR.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Yes, this is now my thing, deal with it.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3613 on: October 20, 2010, 11:46:25 AM

From my DKs perspective, it's just more fun than unholy, which feels way clunky to me.

To each their own I guess. I find the new Unholy really awesome and smooth. I find Frost to be clunky and unintuitive. I am having a blast with Unholy. I guess part of it could be that my playstyle is fairly spamming and spastic and the speed at which Unholy plays complements that.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3614 on: October 20, 2010, 12:00:50 PM

PvP is completely unfun after 2 hours of doing it. My god.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3615 on: October 20, 2010, 12:22:54 PM

Why in particular is PvP unfun?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3616 on: October 20, 2010, 12:26:26 PM

It's not even a button fest anymore.  You either get the first hit in or you DIE.

Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3617 on: October 20, 2010, 12:31:44 PM

It's not even a button fest anymore.  You either get the first hit in or you DIE.

And attempting to heal in pvp is pointless. Bubble, spam heal, whatever - no amount of healing keeps people alive.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3618 on: October 20, 2010, 12:34:34 PM

The damage is so over the top ridiculous you have zero chance of staying alive for enough time to realize why you're fucked. Stunned by a rogue? You're not waking up. Moonfire spam? Get ready for lots of that. Hunters raping your face? You betcha!

Fuck...that...noise. If you're melee, don't even bother unless you have a bazillion resilience.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #3619 on: October 20, 2010, 12:58:29 PM

The damage is so over the top ridiculous you have zero chance of staying alive for enough time to realize why you're fucked. Stunned by a rogue? You're not waking up. Moonfire spam? Get ready for lots of that. Hunters raping your face? You betcha!

Fuck...that...noise. If you're melee, don't even bother unless you have a bazillion resilience.

In the sub 80 brackets its not even about stuns. If a rogue gets an ambush crit on you, you die, period. Rogue dps is so ridiculous that I have often been killed in WSG before the rogue even appeared on my screen.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3620 on: October 20, 2010, 01:02:45 PM

I'm levelling a Fire Mage through PVP since the patch.

Why ?

Because it's fucking easy.

The stun procs, the scorch while moving, the instant THREE AoE abilities that can cook GROUPS of players, makes the fire mage Obscene.  I've not even mentioned Dragons Breath or the after fire effects.  If I'm up against a 78/79, they might last seconds.  Anyone else ? 

PROPER FUCKED.

Yeah, PvP is pretty bad right now.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3621 on: October 20, 2010, 01:51:49 PM

Popcorn

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3622 on: October 20, 2010, 01:54:30 PM

PvP is completely unfun after 2 hours of doing it. My god.

What about the 30-ish brackets? I enjoyed the few times I ran my BE through and just attached myself to a tank and healed like a MoFo. People seemed to be both surprised and happy about that kind of thing, too.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3623 on: October 20, 2010, 01:58:01 PM

As a healer who actually heals, you will usually be fine in all forms of pvp. The team with the most healing is going to win when you look at the final stats.

If you're melee, though,  ACK!

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #3624 on: October 20, 2010, 02:36:40 PM

I'm sure the rated battlegrounds will fix everything!  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3625 on: October 20, 2010, 02:52:29 PM

Is 85 PvP going to be worthwhile, at least?

I'm still pondering re-upping, and PvP was an activity I could at least bum around casually, although I mostly confined myself to AB and AV.  The state you're describing ranks somewhere around "not fun".
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3626 on: October 20, 2010, 03:12:51 PM

It seems they're balancing almost everything around 85 gear.  Which means it might be fun at 85, but then you'll have the STA to last longer than 2 and a half seconds.

We'll see.

Or, you will.  I'll be long gone.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3627 on: October 20, 2010, 03:15:52 PM

Is 85 PvP going to be worthwhile, at least?

I'm still pondering re-upping, and PvP was an activity I could at least bum around casually, although I mostly confined myself to AB and AV.  The state you're describing ranks somewhere around "not fun".

85 PvP is marginally better, but not much, no.

It's still this "You die INSTANTLY" or "You never die ever again" feel to it. Some class/specs can explode almost anything still, others can't kill shit, some specs just crumple no matter who is attacking them and others are virtually immortal.

Which spec is which changes every beta build.

It doesn't help anything that there are like, 5 of us who actually pvp in beta at all.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3628 on: October 20, 2010, 04:24:25 PM

Clearly I'm doing something wrong.. my rogue couldn't kill anyone last night when going for G.N.E.R.D Rage.  Time to look some shit up, I guess.

On mages I'm with Ironwood.  It's silly enough with Frost, I haven't even bothered to learn Fire yet but it looks even more hyperpowered.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #3629 on: October 20, 2010, 10:15:28 PM

Yes, this is now my thing, deal with it.

Tried it out, didya?

Howling blast is soooooo getting nerfed.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3630 on: October 21, 2010, 08:39:35 AM

And attempting to heal in pvp is pointless. Bubble, spam heal, whatever - no amount of healing keeps people alive.

Wow not sure what is going on there. Healing is WAY OP at the moment I was able to heal myself and my flag carrier in wsg for 3 minutes vs 8 of their 10 people. Holy paladins are even crazier they are pretty much mini raid bosses at the moment 6v1 is about the minimum that has any chance of killing one. Most of the times they will just dance in front of you. I have seen flag carrying holy paladins manage to run around mid field helping ganking people because there is zero danger they would die.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3631 on: October 21, 2010, 08:43:16 AM

Wow not sure what is going on there. Healing is WAY OP at the moment I was able to heal myself and my flag carrier in wsg for 3 minutes vs 8 of their 10 people. Holy paladins are even crazier they are pretty much mini raid bosses at the moment 6v1 is about the minimum that has any chance of killing one. Most of the times they will just dance in front of you. I have seen flag carrying holy paladins manage to run around mid field helping ganking people because there is zero danger they would die.

This seems to happen right around 1500 resil. And yeah, its happening a lot in the Bloodlust battlegroup. Its completely silly.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3632 on: October 21, 2010, 08:43:34 AM

Forgot to note playing as a range nuker is pretty amusing in pvp at level 80 but playing as any melee is just frustrating. If there is a healer in their group you just feel like you are hitting like a limp noodle. Even with mortal strike you pretty much cannot kill somebody if a healer is around. With people stacking resilience for a while which was getting double effect some people were running with 80% damage mitigation.  As an arms warrior it was just frustrating as hell. As a boomkin you could insect swarm and moonspam the bajeesus out of them hard enough to blow through at least a moderate amount of healing but my warrior just cannot.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3633 on: October 21, 2010, 08:48:02 AM

This seems to happen right around 1500 resil. And yeah, its happening a lot in the Bloodlust battlegroup. Its completely silly.

scary thing is my druid is only about 1k resil at the moment and is a total beast in resto mode and my resto gear is crap. I know they were taking about making picking the right heal matter and doing things efficiently. Right now though at level 80 I can spam all my instant regens as fast as my lil fingers can go and never lose mana doing it. Hell the only time I ever dip in mana is when I play the FU card and make my team unkillable. AKA I go into tree of life form. In that form regrowth is now an instant cast spell so basically I don't care what your damage out put is I can click my regrowth faster and give HUGE SILLY INSANE amounts of heal instantly to a target. I can take somebody near death and put them full in an eye blink. When tree of life is active I don't think its possible to kill a druid or somebody they are healing.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3634 on: October 21, 2010, 08:48:36 AM

Warriors either rock face at pvp with the proper gearing, or they suck wet ass. However, in this iteration, not even correct gearing saves them from said ass sucking.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3635 on: October 21, 2010, 09:08:27 AM

Warriors either rock face at pvp with the proper gearing, or they suck wet ass. However, in this iteration, not even correct gearing saves them from said ass sucking.

Ya its like chewing glass playing my warrior in pvp. Heck I can even top the damage done chart and still get hardly any kills and feel like I did nothing. Going to try to deck him out in full wrathful stuff see if that helps but right now the melees seem on the short end of the stick. Ret paladins seem like potentially the most viable but its still hard to get into range.
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3636 on: October 21, 2010, 11:24:11 AM

After the initial resilience buff I was immortal. Then they tweaked it down a bit and fixed the 'ICC 30% buff worldwide' thing and I wasn't anymore. I get <100 honor points a day due to limited playtime and the stupid crash out = deserter crap. After the patch I blew all my initial honor on a weapon, wand and offhand, so I'm still rocking 232 armor. Things will probably change if/when I pick up some wrathful gear.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3637 on: October 21, 2010, 12:54:45 PM

Ret paladins seem like potentially the most viable but its still hard to get into range.

Ret is pretty bad right now. Same problem, with the new combo point.... holy power system, their ramp up time is just horrible. Also, you are way to dependent on the RNG to do damage. The only thing Ret has going for it is every two minutes you can pop wings and smash someone for 20k damage with Hammer of Wrath. But thats only if they have very low resilience. My ret pally is currently rocking 1100 resil, with the Wrathful 2h Sword, and I find PVP is just one long chase. Me chasing ranged and trying to stick on them long enough for do any damage. Sadly its not working very well.

I have seen Warriors doing very well in the last few days. I have been blown up by a few also. Mostly Fury warriors using Bloodthirst. I was getting hit for 18k bloodthirst hits, with my 1100 resil.

Now im not going to get in to Mages and Boomkin. Gah. Fuck them. Really.

On the other hand, I have been having fun with my DK in PVP for the first time in a long time.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #3638 on: October 21, 2010, 01:07:46 PM

Other than execute my arms does not seem to be doing more than 7ish k on mortal strikes and overpowers on average. Just does not seem to have the snap damage needed to take any body out even though over time I appear very competitive damage wise. Oh well patch prior to an expansion is always a silly time balance wise.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3639 on: October 21, 2010, 01:19:43 PM

Other than execute my arms does not seem to be doing more than 7ish k on mortal strikes and overpowers on average. Just does not seem to have the snap damage needed to take any body out even though over time I appear very competitive damage wise. Oh well patch prior to an expansion is always a silly time balance wise.

Yeah, if you are a warrior, don't bother right now. You can have all the best shit, all the best pvp weapons, and you will still get beaten by anybody ranged with the exception of a poorly geared hunter.

Unless that hunter has heals. Which would be stupid because who is healing hunters?

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: