Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:29:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1264858 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2380 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:28 AM

The following is a partly political broadcast on behalf of the Forsaken:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDTvRaIuoz4

DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2381 on: July 23, 2010, 12:41:20 AM

awesome, for real

"We'd NEVER use the plague without Garrosh' orders"

"What kind of question is that? Of COURSE we're deploying the plague!"

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2382 on: July 23, 2010, 06:53:23 AM

For warriors, Gag Order finally got more interesting for tanking. It now lowers your heroic throw cooldown by 30s, which makes it a must have for any dungeon tanking spec. Also, I believe they nerfed damage shield by making it scale off of strength instead of AP, making it less cool. Safeguard still sucks.

Also, plate specialization for tanks is  awesome, for real, considering we never downgraded anyway.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2383 on: July 23, 2010, 06:54:50 AM

Heh, I was thinking the same thing about cloth specialization.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2384 on: July 23, 2010, 08:05:57 AM

Sylvanas is officially taking up the position that her kingdom and people are the continuation of Lordaeron. Fucking awesome. Here's a brief list of shit off the top of my head that the Horde never gets to complain about ever again.

1) Orcish internment camps
2) Thrall's whole upbringing
3) Garithos fucking over the Blood Elves
4) Garithos in general

Fuck you, that was all Lordaeron, take it up with the Forsaken.

Also, I absolutely LOVE the implications of the second speech. So the Forsaken attack Gilneas out of the blue, get beaten by level 10 worgen newbies, and resort to plaguing the whole place rotten rather than just sucking up their defeat. What happened to the poor victimized Forsaken who never wanted to hurt anyone but the Lich King, and their plague that Sylvanas hardly knew about, which was only cooked up as a defensive weapon against the Scarlet Crusade anyway?

Oh yeah, that was never the way it was.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2385 on: July 23, 2010, 08:17:13 AM

They will rationalize it away WuA; they are unwavering in their ability to deny logic.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2386 on: July 23, 2010, 08:58:10 AM

For warriors, Gag Order finally got more interesting for tanking. It now lowers your heroic throw cooldown by 30s, which makes it a must have for any dungeon tanking spec. Also, I believe they nerfed damage shield by making it scale off of strength instead of AP, making it less cool. Safeguard still sucks.

Also, plate specialization for tanks is  awesome, for real, considering we never downgraded anyway.

The damage shield thing may wind up being a wash given the itemization changes for pure abilities. You get a LOT more str/agil whatever on items than what you currently see and with the last update on beta damage shield gets a bigger percentage than it does on live. Its probably a buff or a wash I doubt it will be a loss in damage.

Just checked the numbers.

# Damage Shield  is now a Tier 4 talent, down from Tier 6. Now causes damage equal to 20/40% of your Strength. (Old - 10/20% of your attack power)

This indeed should be a wash. We get 2 attack power per str so with the change in percentages it should in theory work out to be almost dead even with the current levels and maybe more due to increase in the attribute itemization.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:00:30 AM by kaid »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2387 on: July 23, 2010, 09:54:34 AM

You lose out the damage from the armor > AP talent and the battle shout though.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2388 on: July 23, 2010, 11:06:37 AM

Battle Shout increases strength and agility in Cataclysm, it is now the same buff as Strength of Earth or that DK horn thing.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2389 on: July 23, 2010, 11:12:05 AM

Looks like all our alts are going to have to stomach the grind to 80 in Northrend every time:

Quote from: Nethaera
In the next beta build the minimum level for entering and questing in Mount Hyjal and Vashj'ir will change from level 78 to level 80. All associated creature will have their levels increased to match the new flow.

Additionally, after careful review and consideration we've decided to increase the hit point values of level 80+ Cataclysm creatures. The new hit point values are roughly double their previous values.

Level 80 (OLD)

Level 80 (NEW)

Players will also now need to be level 80 in order to use the Dungeon Finder System for Throne of Tides and Blackrock Caverns.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26262766074/upcoming-level-and-zone-changes/
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2390 on: July 23, 2010, 11:13:52 AM

As long as they still do the xp speedup that they gave to TBC, it won't be too bad. With heirlooms you can already hit 80 before Icecrown or Storm Peaks if you don't skip stuff. I usually just skip there as soon as I hit 77 and the quests open up though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2391 on: July 23, 2010, 11:18:42 AM

I hope that while they do that, they still have Cata-itemized BoE greens that start at 77 or 78 to help fill in the gaps, since some of the Wrath quested stuffs lasts a hell of a long time if you have no dungeons to run.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2392 on: July 23, 2010, 12:10:01 PM

They will rationalize it away WuA; they are unwavering in their ability to deny logic.
That reminds me - there's a rumour about the event that supposedly turned the Horde/Alliance cold war hot.

The Alliance landed an army in Theramore, used it to attack the southern Barrens, razed Camp Taurajo and were only stopped (accidentally) from their planned assaults on Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar by the cataclysm itself. Everything that's happened since - the invasion of Gilneas, the night elves having the living shit kicked out of them all over Ashenvale and Stonetalon, Stromgarde being turned, Southshore being turned into green goo, etc. - is the Horde's reaction to the Alliance assault.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2393 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:46 PM

You lose out the damage from the armor > AP talent and the battle shout though.

But it now works with Kings.

AKA Gyoza
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2394 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:56 PM

event that supposedly turned the Horde/Alliance cold war hot

Uh... Wrynn declared war as soon as he got a close look at Undercity and leapt to a bunch of completely correct conclusions about the Forsaken. Fighting was already underway before the Lich King died. Broken Front? Hello?

Also, Gilneas hasn't had contact with anyone since the days when the Horde worked for the Burning Legion, the Alliance was led by Lordaeron, and the Scourge didn't exist yet. Attacking them because you're at war with the modern Alliance is a ridiculous dick move.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:32:10 PM by WindupAtheist »

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2395 on: July 23, 2010, 02:20:18 PM

event that supposedly turned the Horde/Alliance cold war hot

Uh... Wrynn declared war as soon as he got a close look at Undercity and leapt to a bunch of completely correct conclusions about the Forsaken. Fighting was already underway before the Lich King died. Broken Front? Hello?

Also, Gilneas hasn't had contact with anyone since the days when the Horde worked for the Burning Legion, the Alliance was led by Lordaeron, and the Scourge didn't exist yet. Attacking them because you're at war with the modern Alliance is a ridiculous dick move.

It fits in the context of the Horde completely not getting that the Forsaken are trying to kill EVERYONE.

Alliance shows up, kicks in Forsaken's door for a gigantic dick move, King Douche also goes all LOLORCS while he's there.

Alliance decides it's totally the horde's fault (because, well, KingDouche never listens to PrincessActuallyNotADesbisableMainCharacter), attacks Horde.

Forsaken goes "we're helping, seriously!" and tries to eradicate random bystanders. Because, well, the forsaken are EVIL.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2396 on: July 23, 2010, 02:45:01 PM

The Horde/Garrosh is having a large manifest destiny thing going on with Kalimdor. I mean that literally, a bunch of horde NPC's actually say "it is our manifest destiny to rule all of Kalimdor!".  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2397 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:53 PM

Well, it did all belong to the trolls originally....

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2398 on: July 23, 2010, 02:53:32 PM

Originally, everything belonged to the trolls.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2399 on: July 23, 2010, 02:57:37 PM

Originally, everything belonged to the Old Gods too.  why so serious?

The Trolls are also not the Hordes favorite member race currently either  Ohhhhh, I see.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2400 on: July 23, 2010, 03:35:50 PM

Originally the world was formless and void...

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2401 on: July 23, 2010, 03:37:29 PM

It fits in the context of the Horde completely not getting that the Forsaken are trying to kill EVERYONE.

Forsaken goes "we're helping, seriously!" and tries to eradicate random bystanders. Because, well, the forsaken are EVIL.

You're missing WUA's point. To wit: There's many a Forsaken player who has insisted long and loudly over the years that neither of these are the case.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2402 on: July 23, 2010, 03:55:13 PM

Forsaken should never have been playable. 

It would kick ass if all those forsaken characters were deleted.  Better yet, convert them into monsters for players to farm. 

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2403 on: July 23, 2010, 05:20:24 PM

Sylvanas is officially taking up the position that her kingdom and people are the continuation of Lordaeron. Fucking awesome. Here's a brief list of shit off the top of my head that the Horde never gets to complain about ever again.

1) Orcish internment camps
2) Thrall's whole upbringing
3) Garithos fucking over the Blood Elves
4) Garithos in general

Fuck you, that was all Lordaeron, take it up with the Forsaken.

Also, I absolutely LOVE the implications of the second speech. So the Forsaken attack Gilneas out of the blue, get beaten by level 10 worgen newbies, and resort to plaguing the whole place rotten rather than just sucking up their defeat. What happened to the poor victimized Forsaken who never wanted to hurt anyone but the Lich King, and their plague that Sylvanas hardly knew about, which was only cooked up as a defensive weapon against the Scarlet Crusade anyway?

Oh yeah, that was never the way it was.

It's all good.  We can hash it out while Garrosh crushes Wrynn's skull under his meaty boot.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:30:59 PM by AutomaticZen »
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #2404 on: July 23, 2010, 06:30:10 PM

The Forsaken are evil insofar as they will punch anyone in the way of getting what they want, Big Bad or Innocent Bystander.

I much prefer that to Varian and Garrosh constantly channeling Marcus Fenix.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2405 on: July 23, 2010, 06:37:32 PM

FWIW 90% of all forsaken players are happy with the forsaken being evil. 1 out of 10 you get some tortured rp'er that wants to be good.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2406 on: July 23, 2010, 07:18:53 PM

Damn lore-freaks.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #2407 on: July 23, 2010, 08:19:31 PM

Is there a readable, chronological version of the official WoW lore?  I enjoy the backstory, but being casual and not playing TBC much, it seems to skip about.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2408 on: July 23, 2010, 09:28:21 PM

[...], it seems to skip about.

lol, I don't know why it would seem like that
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2409 on: July 23, 2010, 09:56:14 PM

FWIW 90% of all forsaken players are happy with the forsaken being evil. 1 out of 10 you get some tortured rp'er that wants to be good.

I was cool with the Blood Elves all being stuck up bastards, and then Blizz pussied out by making Kael'thas a flat out bad guy and raid boss.  swamp poop

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2410 on: July 24, 2010, 01:54:25 AM

Is there a readable, chronological version of the official WoW lore?  I enjoy the backstory, but being casual and not playing TBC much, it seems to skip about.

Nope.

Seriously, Warcraft lore is not deep, or even consistent with it self. It's entirely at the mercy of gameplay and when it isn't they fuck it up regardless because the people who are in charge of it are not very good at their jobs. Hell, it is only relatively recently that they established and actual 'story team' or whatever they call it.

Before that it was just Metzen writing out whichever fan fiction caught his eye at the moment.

It's what makes all our lol-lore arguments even more retarded then they already are.  swamp poop

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2411 on: July 24, 2010, 02:30:33 AM

Ok, I can not WAIT to fight this boss.   Simply imagining a model to go with the voice makes me giggle hysterically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2wEcyo7o-Q&feature=channel

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2412 on: July 24, 2010, 02:45:23 AM

The Forsaken are evil insofar as they will punch anyone in the way of getting what they want, Big Bad or Innocent Bystander.

I much prefer that to Varian and Garrosh constantly channeling Marcus Fenix.

Yeah, the Forsaken are real subtle and nuanced with their whole mustache-twirling "No we won't use the plague. OF COURSE I WAS LYING, USE THE PLAGUE!" routine and Garrosh's for-the-slow-kids speech directly comparing Sylvanas to the Lich King. I haven't seen an evil so thoughtfully shaded since...

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2413 on: July 24, 2010, 05:27:59 AM

Ok, I can not WAIT to fight this boss.   Simply imagining a model to go with the voice makes me giggle hysterically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2wEcyo7o-Q&feature=channel

oh god.... DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2414 on: July 24, 2010, 09:46:42 AM

Is there a readable, chronological version of the official WoW lore?  I enjoy the backstory, but being casual and not playing TBC much, it seems to skip about.

Nope.

Seriously, Warcraft lore is not deep, or even consistent with it self. It's entirely at the mercy of gameplay and when it isn't they fuck it up regardless because the people who are in charge of it are not very good at their jobs. Hell, it is only relatively recently that they established and actual 'story team' or whatever they call it.

Before that it was just Metzen writing out whichever fan fiction caught his eye at the moment.

It's what makes all our lol-lore arguments even more retarded then they already are.  swamp poop
It doesn't help that a lot of the "lore" is generated via comic books and novels (that, unlike the Star Wars EU, are all considered canon), which tends to lead to kind of "wtf" moments, like the game assuming you already knew all the Kalecgos/Anveena/Dar'Khan backstory in advance. It'll probably have something similar in Cataclysm, when people start wondering why Staghelm is suddenly evil/dead.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: