Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1265131 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2310 on: July 16, 2010, 01:14:29 PM

Didn't they say that all the raid zones are now going to be like 6 bosses?  So instead of 1 giants raid you get 4?  Or someshit?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2311 on: July 16, 2010, 01:19:42 PM

Ya, there aren't any huge long raids.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2312 on: July 16, 2010, 01:28:46 PM

As long as they homogonize tokens, that's a practical approach. The problem when they tried it in TBC was that the leg and shoulder tokens were in one place, the chest and hand tokens in another place, and the head tokens somewhere else. When people got their chest and hand tokens, they didn't want to keep farming the one place that didn't have anymore loot, and wanted to move on to the other places.

Spreading set pieces across zones is incredibly stupid.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2313 on: July 16, 2010, 01:33:38 PM

Correct. I believe they announced 4 raiding dungeons, but I can't believe they would release all four at once with the expansion. I think they are also redos of MC and BWL first, followed by Grim Batol and something else. Also, Uldum is on the list I believe.

They're only "redos" in the sense that they're thematically connected. They're going to be much more new than say, Naxxramas was.

What they I believe they said most recently is that there will be 3 total instances in the first tier of raiding, about a dozen bosses in total.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2314 on: July 16, 2010, 01:39:06 PM

Correct Ingmar; Blackwing Descent (new BWL) and Bastion of Twilight (Cho'gall) are both going to have 4-6 bosses, with the Skywall raid having 2 or so.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2315 on: July 16, 2010, 03:07:18 PM

I don't believe they will push back the release. I think this thing is slated for November come hell or high water. Pushing it back beyond Christmas into January would be a financial disaster.

Yep a disaster just like BC was.  Remember how the game died because it was pushed back 2 months?

As long as they homogonize tokens, that's a practical approach.

Fuck yes.  Gearing up in ToC was so much nicer since EVERYONE used the same token.   My guild still had priests and mages in 3/5 pieces while shaman and warriors were rolling on 3rd spec tokens.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:10:11 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2316 on: July 16, 2010, 03:37:27 PM

Correct. I believe they announced 4 raiding dungeons, but I can't believe they would release all four at once with the expansion. I think they are also redos of MC and BWL first, followed by Grim Batol and something else. Also, Uldum is on the list I believe.

Actually I believe they said all four would be released but as said above, with less bosses. think of two malygos' and two 1/2 naxxrammus'  they wanted people to have more variety rather then long 12boss dungeons.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2317 on: July 16, 2010, 03:44:58 PM

So I've been playing around with the prot warrior talent tree for a bit today. Conclusion: I'm pretty sure there are *more* potentially viable specs now than there were in the old tree, not less. The option to go for blood craze in the second tier of fury really shakes things up.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #2318 on: July 16, 2010, 06:35:17 PM

Fuck yes.  Gearing up in ToC was so much nicer since EVERYONE used the same token.   My guild still had priests and mages in 3/5 pieces while shaman and warriors were rolling on 3rd spec tokens.

I think he means having ICC-style tokens: class-group-specific, but slot-agnostic.  Going back to slot tokens would be clownshoes, especially after doubling down on points/emblems.  

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2319 on: July 16, 2010, 07:49:59 PM

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2320 on: July 16, 2010, 07:53:30 PM

They are still blissfully ignorant about how little people like realID  "but...but this is the future!!!1!!"

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2321 on: July 16, 2010, 07:58:37 PM

Keep that in the other thread, IMO.

One thing I took away from the Q&A is that we keep forgetting about the new tier of glyphs when talking about how much customization loss the smaller talent trees represent. There's a lot of design space in the glyph system for customization, if they do it right.

EDIT:

And the most important thing of all:

Q: Let's talk fashion. Any chance we could get a tophat AND monocle to display at the same time?
A. Why, yes. Indubitably. Tut-tut, my good chap and cheerio!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:02:46 PM by Ingmar »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2322 on: July 16, 2010, 08:26:52 PM

Fuck yes.  Gearing up in ToC was so much nicer since EVERYONE used the same token.   My guild still had priests and mages in 3/5 pieces while shaman and warriors were rolling on 3rd spec tokens.

I think he means having ICC-style tokens: class-group-specific, but slot-agnostic.  Going back to slot tokens would be clownshoes, especially after doubling down on points/emblems.  

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, but I'd like them not to be class oriented if given a choice. Planted class tokens with slot gear across many instances was possibly the worst "fix" they tried to implement.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2323 on: July 16, 2010, 08:31:49 PM

Q: Can you give us a sneak peek at one or two of the new Retribution abilities or talents?
A. Templar’s Verdict: An instant weapon attack that causes a percentage of weapon damage. Consumes all applications of Holy Power to increase damage dealt:

1 Holy Power: 55% Weapon Damage
2 Holy Power: 125% Weapon Damage
3 Holy Power: 225% Weapon Damage

So it took them six years to admit that maybe the way paladins worked in vanilla's beta wasn't totally terrible.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2324 on: July 16, 2010, 08:40:38 PM

I don't believe they will push back the release. I think this thing is slated for November come hell or high water. Pushing it back beyond Christmas into January would be a financial disaster.

Yep a disaster just like BC was.  Remember how the game died because it was pushed back 2 months?

Yeah... except TBC was released as the first expansion, not the third. And it was released in 2007, well back before the crippling economy. But that wasn't really the point, that was just the economic conditions that differed between the two.

The early focus of this expansion is to revamp the entire game from level 1 up. One would imagine that you're trying to revitalize your elder playerbase with new content, while also starting word of mouth that WoW is entering the next decade from top to bottom. You keep older players while also attracting previous players and possibly newer players. All that being said, meeting the Christmas deadline is critical for them to get those gift sales to bring those ppl back or grab newer subs. The holiday season won't break the game. Not even close, considering it may be 10 years before they fold up the last server. It will still be a FINANCIAL disaster because they will miss the obvious opportunities provided by hitting the holiday highs.

But if they release in January and sell more boxes than TBC, feel free to call me a jackass and I'll gladly admit that timing is irrelevant when you're top of the heap in the gaming world.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2325 on: July 16, 2010, 09:42:37 PM

Everyone will still be out in line at midnight at their local store to get a copy, it doesn't matter if it releases for the holidays or for any random date.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2326 on: July 16, 2010, 10:11:46 PM

But if they release in January and sell more boxes than TBC, feel free to call me a jackass and I'll gladly admit that timing is irrelevant when you're top of the heap in the gaming world.

I think you might want to look back at the games that released in the first quarter of this year. This year proved that games don't need to be crammed into November.

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2327 on: July 16, 2010, 10:14:57 PM

Everyone will still be out in line at midnight at their local store to get a copy, it doesn't matter if it releases for the holidays or for any random date.

And yet, they will do it then because it doesn't make sense not to.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2328 on: July 17, 2010, 09:00:49 AM

They have SC2 out this month, so their financials for 2010 will be fine - so there will be a Blizzard game (still at full price) for Nana to pick up for xmas for the kids for the holidays.  Given that, and the lack of competition in the MMO space, the smart move would be to hold the release until it's as good as they can make it.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2329 on: July 17, 2010, 09:47:38 AM

It will be out in Nov/Dec because Morhaime told the stock holders it would be out this year.  IMO
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #2330 on: July 18, 2010, 03:02:19 PM

source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1872-Cataclysm-Guild-Perks-Stonecore-Boss-Videos

There are 25 guild levels and each level will automatically reward with an extra perk. The leveling process remains unchanged and your guild will gain experience through PvP, Dungeon and Raid progression, questing, etc ...

Guild currency has also been removed and rewards will just be "unlocked" after you reach a specific level or complete a guild achievement. Once a reward is unlocked, members will be able to purchase it with gold. Some of the rewards include guild tabards, mounts, heirlooms, and it looks like you will finally be able to have a guild tabard on your mount. (Just like the Argent Tournament banners)

New members of a guild won't be able to buy everything directly, they will have to contribute to the progression of the guild before they can access the top rewards. Each time a player helps towards the leveling he will gain reputation with the guild, the best rewards will require players to be exalted with their guild before they can buy it.

Level   Spell            Description
01      Fast Track (Rank 1)   Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 5%.
02      Mount Up   Increases speed while mounted by 5%. Not active in Battlegrounds or Arenas.
03      Mr. Popularity (Rank 1)   Reputation gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 5%.
04      Cash Flow (Rank 1)   Each time you loot money from an enemy, an extra 5% money is generated and deposited directly into your guild bank.
05      Fast Track (Rank 2)   Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 10%.
06      Reinforce (Rank 1)   Items take 5% less durability loss when you die.
07      Hasty Hearth   Reduces the cooldown on your Hearthstone by 15 minutes.
08      Reinforce (Rank 2)   Items take 10% less durability loss when you die.
09      Chug-A-Lug (Rank 1)   The duration of buffs from all guild cauldrons and feasts is increased by 50%.
10      Mobile Banking   Summons your guild bank. Instant, 1 hr cooldown
11      Mr. Popularity (Rank 2)   Reputation gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 10%.
12      Honorable Mention (Rank 1)   Increases Honor points gained by 5%.
13      Working Overtime   Increases the chance to gain a skill increase on tradeskills by 10%.
14      The Quick and the Dead   Increases health and mana gained when resurrected by a guild member by 50% and increases movement speed while dead by 100%. Does not function in combat or while in a Battleground or Arena.
15      Cash Flow (Rank 2)   Each time you loot money from an enemy, an extra 10% money is generated and deposited directly into your guild bank.
16      Guild Mail   In-game mail sent between guild members now arrives instantly.
17      Everyone's A Hero (Rank 1)   Increases Heroism points gained by 5%.
18      Honorable Mention (Rank 2)   Increases Honor points gained by 10%.
19      Happy Hour   Increases the number of flasks gained from using a flask cauldron by 100%.
20      Have Group, Will Travel   Summons all raid or party members to the caster's current location. Unlimited range, 6 sec cast / Channeled, 2 hr cooldown
21      Chug-A-Lug (Rank 2)   The duration of buffs from all guild cauldrons and feasts is increased by 100%.
22      Bountiful Bags   Increases the quantity of materials gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%.
23      Bartering   Reduces the price of items from all vendors by 5%.
24      Everyone's A Hero (Rank 2)   Increases Heroism points gained by 10%.
25      Mass Resurrection   Brings all dead party and raid members back to life with 35 health and 35 mana. Cannot be cast when in combat. 64% of base mana, Unlimited range, 10 sec cast

I think a lot of these are neat ideas, but I'm concerned about the pace of leveling between guild sizes.  I'm in a rather large guild, but I'd hate to see small, focused, guilds get punched in the nuts.

"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2331 on: July 18, 2010, 03:11:35 PM

source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1872-Cataclysm-Guild-Perks-Stonecore-Boss-Videos

There are 25 guild levels and each level will automatically reward with an extra perk. The leveling process remains unchanged and your guild will gain experience through PvP, Dungeon and Raid progression, questing, etc ...

Guild currency has also been removed and rewards will just be "unlocked" after you reach a specific level or complete a guild achievement. Once a reward is unlocked, members will be able to purchase it with gold. Some of the rewards include guild tabards, mounts, heirlooms, and it looks like you will finally be able to have a guild tabard on your mount. (Just like the Argent Tournament banners)

New members of a guild won't be able to buy everything directly, they will have to contribute to the progression of the guild before they can access the top rewards. Each time a player helps towards the leveling he will gain reputation with the guild, the best rewards will require players to be exalted with their guild before they can buy it.

Level   Spell            Description
01      Fast Track (Rank 1)   Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 5%.
02      Mount Up   Increases speed while mounted by 5%. Not active in Battlegrounds or Arenas.
03      Mr. Popularity (Rank 1)   Reputation gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 5%.
04      Cash Flow (Rank 1)   Each time you loot money from an enemy, an extra 5% money is generated and deposited directly into your guild bank.
05      Fast Track (Rank 2)   Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 10%.
06      Reinforce (Rank 1)   Items take 5% less durability loss when you die.
07      Hasty Hearth   Reduces the cooldown on your Hearthstone by 15 minutes.
08      Reinforce (Rank 2)   Items take 10% less durability loss when you die.
09      Chug-A-Lug (Rank 1)   The duration of buffs from all guild cauldrons and feasts is increased by 50%.
10      Mobile Banking   Summons your guild bank. Instant, 1 hr cooldown
11      Mr. Popularity (Rank 2)   Reputation gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 10%.
12      Honorable Mention (Rank 1)   Increases Honor points gained by 5%.
13      Working Overtime   Increases the chance to gain a skill increase on tradeskills by 10%.
14      The Quick and the Dead   Increases health and mana gained when resurrected by a guild member by 50% and increases movement speed while dead by 100%. Does not function in combat or while in a Battleground or Arena.
15      Cash Flow (Rank 2)   Each time you loot money from an enemy, an extra 10% money is generated and deposited directly into your guild bank.
16      Guild Mail   In-game mail sent between guild members now arrives instantly.
17      Everyone's A Hero (Rank 1)   Increases Heroism points gained by 5%.
18      Honorable Mention (Rank 2)   Increases Honor points gained by 10%.
19      Happy Hour   Increases the number of flasks gained from using a flask cauldron by 100%.
20      Have Group, Will Travel   Summons all raid or party members to the caster's current location. Unlimited range, 6 sec cast / Channeled, 2 hr cooldown
21      Chug-A-Lug (Rank 2)   The duration of buffs from all guild cauldrons and feasts is increased by 100%.
22      Bountiful Bags   Increases the quantity of materials gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%.
23      Bartering   Reduces the price of items from all vendors by 5%.
24      Everyone's A Hero (Rank 2)   Increases Heroism points gained by 10%.
25      Mass Resurrection   Brings all dead party and raid members back to life with 35 health and 35 mana. Cannot be cast when in combat. 64% of base mana, Unlimited range, 10 sec cast

I think a lot of these are neat ideas, but I'm concerned about the pace of leveling between guild sizes.  I'm in a rather large guild, but I'd hate to see small, focused, guilds get punched in the nuts.

I remember in WAR it scaled with guild size, which led to the creation of alt guilds because you wanted as few characters being played as often as possible in your guild to ease the leveling process.  I guess once your guild hits max level you could bring the alts back in.

Don't know how it'll work here.
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2332 on: July 18, 2010, 03:13:09 PM

Great, I have to grind faction with my own guild after re-rolling to fill a needed role or decide I've played X for enough years, or just want to raid on my bank alt.

And once a guild has hit top level new players, recruits, transfers, etc. cannot gain guild rep? 
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2333 on: July 18, 2010, 03:14:25 PM

Great, I have to grind faction with my own guild after re-rolling to fill a needed role or decide I've played X for enough years, or just want to raid on my bank alt.

And once a guild has hit top level new players, recruits, transfers, etc. cannot gain guild rep? 

Yeah, I didn't notice that, thats fucking stupid.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2334 on: July 18, 2010, 03:49:13 PM

Is there a better way of doing it?  Otherwise you'd have three guilds on a server of 1000+ people each.  Defeats the purpose. 
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #2335 on: July 18, 2010, 03:53:04 PM

It appears to be two different bars: you should still earn "Guild Reputation" even if the guild is at its max level (i.e. no longer needs "Guild XP").

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2336 on: July 18, 2010, 04:26:40 PM

And the most important thing of all:

Q: Let's talk fashion. Any chance we could get a tophat AND monocle to display at the same time?
A. Why, yes. Indubitably. Tut-tut, my good chap and cheerio!

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2337 on: July 18, 2010, 04:29:54 PM

It appears to be two different bars: you should still earn "Guild Reputation" even if the guild is at its max level (i.e. no longer needs "Guild XP").

Yeah I'd be pretty surprised if going 1-85 as a member of the guild (in the case of the aforementioned bank alt) didn't get you to exalted with your guild, or close to it.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2338 on: July 18, 2010, 04:42:29 PM

It's possible that you retain guild faction across all your guilded alts.  It seems like it would be a waste to have xp bonuses if this weren't the case.  Even if it's not the case, the xp bonuses are all I imagine caring about.  And they're pretty low in the progression.  So I don't imagine it would take that much to unlock them once they've been unlocked within that particular guild.  And then it's probably just a matter of leveling up while guilded to unlock the rest.

AKA Gyoza
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2339 on: July 18, 2010, 04:42:52 PM

Yeah I'd be pretty surprised if going 1-85 as a member of the guild (in the case of the aforementioned bank alt) didn't get you to exalted with your guild, or close to it.

It had better be a bit before 85, otherwise those bonus to XP will be pretty worthless.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2340 on: July 18, 2010, 05:41:09 PM

It had better be a bit before 85, otherwise those bonus to XP will be pretty worthless.

I think you get those anyway, the rep is for the stuff you can buy with gold like recipes and heirlooms and such I believe?

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #2341 on: July 18, 2010, 06:30:19 PM

Yeah, as I'm reading it Guild Perks (Mass Rez, etc.) are free and only gated by Guild Level.  Guild Rewards (mount tabards, etc.) are  bought with gold and gated by your Guild Reputation and the guild's Level.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2342 on: July 19, 2010, 05:24:08 AM

Goon Squad supremacy.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2343 on: July 19, 2010, 07:32:23 AM

I don't mind the system if they would remove the stupid raiding points requirement. I don't believe you should have to have X number of guildees in a group to earn points.

lesion

Reply #2344 on: July 19, 2010, 08:33:52 AM

Raiders need extra shit. I just got my flying Burberry fridge mount for killing that one secret boss using only my dick and a cheese grater hooked up to a USB cable, fuck you very much.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: