Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1265139 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: August 21, 2009, 08:01:54 PM

Very happy the rumors are true!  Even though I've always wanted to play a goblin, I am pretty sure I'm going to roll Worgen right off the bat.  I want to see Gilneas (which looks cool as shit so far) and do that whole storyline.  The Lost Island isn't grabbing me, plus it will be chock full of har har Lost TV show references.  OMG I bet there will be a hatch!

http://www.wowhead.com/?zone=3711#screenshots:id=113230

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: August 21, 2009, 08:08:41 PM

I guarantee you that Mankrik's wife will still be lost, and that there will be some new form of that quest. Too famous to lose it. Now you'll just have to rescue her remains from a lava pit or some such.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: August 21, 2009, 08:10:51 PM

Very happy the rumors are true!  Even though I've always wanted to play a goblin, I am pretty sure I'm going to roll Worgen right off the bat.  I want to see Gilneas (which looks cool as shit so far) and do that whole storyline.  The Lost Island isn't grabbing me, plus it will be chock full of har har Lost TV show references.  OMG I bet there will be a hatch!

http://www.wowhead.com/?zone=3711#screenshots:id=113230

Oh yeah forgot about that.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: August 21, 2009, 08:11:34 PM

I guarantee you that Mankrik's wife will still be lost, and that there will be some new form of that quest. Too famous to lose it. Now you'll just have to rescue her remains from a lava pit or some such.

It'll be a CoT instance, the Bronze Dragon flight needs you to go back in time and make sure she dies.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: August 21, 2009, 08:28:14 PM

It'll be a CoT instance, the Bronze Dragon flight needs you to go back in time and make sure she dies.  Ohhhhh, I see.

It was her sacrifice that inspired a young warrior who will one day bring slay deathwing.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: August 21, 2009, 08:47:03 PM

Here's basically what they said on the preview panel:

These updates more than make up for not getting extended talent trees. The Mastery System alone sounds like the talent trees will be getting much more of a revamp than ever before (without necessarily nerfing us,) while the Path of the Titans provides yet another thing for players to bitch about.

Gah. I bet it's glyphs 2 Electric Bogaloo. Take the required optional stuff to make your character a better tank/dps/heal and then forget about it.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #321 on: August 21, 2009, 08:52:12 PM

The stat changes are going to make gear some real boring shit.

Basically it's a "we fucking give up trying to itemize. Fuck you"

Armor pen, Mp5 (well this is good, was kinda confusing), spellpower, defense, etc are gone.

So basically it'll be

[generic thing of bad design]
+250 STR
+233 STA

And I guess you just magically get all your stats from that regardless of what you need as a warrior/dk/pally (holy OR ret)/etc.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: August 21, 2009, 09:00:56 PM

It was sorely needed for casters, with most caster stats just being 'along for the ride' currently.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #323 on: August 21, 2009, 09:07:04 PM

Might be boring for the actuaries over at EJ forums, but for the average schmoe there's too many stats and caps to consider when trying to decide if piece A is better than B.  I often enjoy playing the game, but have no desire to spend a ton of time theorycrafting.  It takes away from my experience of the game. 

Hopefully this reigns this in a bit. 
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: August 21, 2009, 09:08:07 PM

There's still Haste and Critical Strike.  That said, most of the items I look at as a Discipline Priest are:

[contemporary generic thing of bad design]
+100 Stamina
+100 Intellect
+80 Spirit (or +40 MP5)
+120 Spell Power
+50 Critical Strike (or Haste) Rating

All this does is collapse the regen stats into one, and combines Intellect and Spell Power.  Yay for:

[new generic thing of bad design]
+200 Stamina
+160 Intellect
+160 Spirit
+100 Critical Strike (or Haste) Rating

Progress!

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #325 on: August 21, 2009, 09:08:49 PM

Still got to worry about hit, right?  Splendid.  Such a boring stat.

-Rasix
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: August 21, 2009, 09:13:45 PM

The stat changes are going to make gear some real boring shit.

Basically it's a "we fucking give up trying to itemize. Fuck you"

Armor pen, Mp5 (well this is good, was kinda confusing), spellpower, defense, etc are gone.
Defense being gone is an extremely good thing.  Unless you go looking outside the game, you will find no indication as to how vitally important defense is to a tank or how the attack table works.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: August 21, 2009, 09:36:05 PM

Nor would you have any idea how much defense you would need to begin with, since the 'cap' is so bloody arbitrary.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: August 21, 2009, 09:48:59 PM

Holy fuck.  When rumors of Worgen started surfacing I didn't consider the possibility that everyone at Blizzard went completely batshit insane.

EDIT: The defense cap isn't arbitrary, it's directly related to the notion that a level grants 0.2% crit reduction and the base chance to be crit by a mob in melee is 5%.  It's just not listed anywhere in-game.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:12:04 PM by Sheepherder »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: August 21, 2009, 09:51:29 PM

Everyone ELSE is crazy.   why so serious?

Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #330 on: August 21, 2009, 10:08:59 PM

Holy fuck.  When rumors of Worgen started surfacing I didn't consider the possibility that everyone at Blizzard went completely batshit insane.

Signs of that were evident when a big glowing pink crystal spaceship loaded with blue people speaking with Russian accents crash landed in a medieval world to battle the forces of evil.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: August 21, 2009, 10:14:58 PM

Lead by a giant holy windchime!

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: August 21, 2009, 10:16:05 PM

Yeah, but after Wrath was mostly sane I figured Metzen had stopped pranking the office by dumping psilocybin in the HVAC unit.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: August 21, 2009, 10:17:15 PM

Yeah, but after Wrath was mostly sane I figured Metzen had stopped pranking the office by dumping psilocybin in the HVAC unit.

Tauren Priests and Paladins seem to suggest he's back to his old tricks.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: August 21, 2009, 10:21:22 PM

If your OK with Forsaken, you should be OK with Worgen. That's all they are in the end.

Well, minus the Yiffing.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: August 21, 2009, 10:25:30 PM

Holy fuck.  When rumors of Worgen started surfacing I didn't consider the possibility that everyone at Blizzard went completely batshit insane.

Signs of that were evident when a big glowing pink crystal spaceship loaded with blue people speaking with Russian accents crash landed in a medieval world to battle the forces of evil.

Oh come on, the Orcs being from another planet was introduced in Warcraft II's expansion pack at the latest.  Warcraft has always been a little... off.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #336 on: August 21, 2009, 10:25:50 PM

Now that I've got the stream working for myself I went back and watched the panels.  I missed it if anyone previously mentioned reforging.   Customizing stats on a piece of armor, nice.   They said you can't add stats that are already on, (i.e. no dropping all your hit to max stamina) but if you wanted to drop some stam to add hit, or crit you could.  Fucking nice.

Also I missed the implication that we're getting another BC-like stamina bounce, but this time everyone will be up around the same HPs.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: August 21, 2009, 10:30:21 PM

I'm sure the reforging will be no where as awesome as it sounds. Either that, or it will be immensely overpowered and mandatory!

I really, really, REALLY want to see the details about the new resource systems. Hunters finally getting Focus back? DPS Casters not needing regen? Cats and Dogs living together?

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: August 21, 2009, 10:40:37 PM

Oh come on, the Orcs being from another planet was introduced in Warcraft II's expansion pack at the latest.  Warcraft has always been a little... off.

It was in the manual for Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

Spear throwers are gimp, nerf crossbowmen.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #339 on: August 21, 2009, 11:01:50 PM

EDIT: The defense cap isn't arbitrary, it's directly related to the notion that a level grants 0.2% crit reduction and the base chance to be crit by a mob in melee is 5%.  It's just not listed anywhere in-game.

What I don't get is, why can't we just have bosses crit? Why can't we have spells and abilities that sometimes miss?  Putting in stats that directly counter randomness like that just kind of makes the game predictable and boring.  Or just boring it out and make everything hit and bosses never crit, but don't waste a stat on it.

I suppose that's why there's so much fire you're not supposed to stand in.

Fake edit: maybe I'm alone in my little crusade against stats like hit, defense caps, etc.  undecided 

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #340 on: August 21, 2009, 11:02:33 PM

I'm sure the reforging will be no where as awesome as it sounds. Either that, or it will be immensely overpowered and mandatory!

I really, really, REALLY want to see the details about the new resource systems. Hunters finally getting Focus back? DPS Casters not needing regen? Cats and Dogs living together?

More details will be revealed at the class panel tomorrow.. including details on this new "Mastery" stat.

On reforging:: All the crafting profs can reforge gear.. (Smith, LW, Engy, Tailor and jeweler) so since at least one of those are "mandatory" for any given class raiding NOW, it's not like they're hurting anyone by making it decent.  Well.. except the people who love to farm mats.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: August 21, 2009, 11:07:09 PM

Srsly, why are you guys so excited about yiffing?  why so serious?
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: August 21, 2009, 11:17:05 PM

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: August 21, 2009, 11:22:10 PM

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: August 21, 2009, 11:24:54 PM

I don't think Mastery will be an actual stat, more like a side effect of speccing into a Talent Tree.

I haven't really sifted through the info in detail though.

Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: August 21, 2009, 11:29:41 PM

Damn straight, could even toss in some of this from the "Love at First Bite" disco scene and cancel the WoD MMO.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #346 on: August 22, 2009, 12:02:45 AM

Also it's gonna suck fighting every fuckwad plate DPSer for tank gear since I can just talent the crits out now. Well, unless they're leaving dodge, parry, block, and block value in on gear.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #347 on: August 22, 2009, 12:07:20 AM

I've always wondered why SFK wasn't more popular.  

Middle of fucking nowhere is why.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: August 22, 2009, 12:09:32 AM

Yea, getting there as a level appropriate Alliance is pretty much a PitA.

Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: August 22, 2009, 12:34:28 AM

Also it's gonna suck fighting every fuckwad plate DPSer for tank gear since I can just talent the crits out now. Well, unless they're leaving dodge, parry, block, and block value in on gear.
Block Value is going away, blocking is going to be a straight percentage mitigation.  But they said nothing about dodge or parry.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes to those, but those are straightforward and understandable for the most part, like hit rating, so they'll probably stay.

By the way, I expect that old items will be going away, so if you want to get a Thunderfury or Sulfuras or some other old doodad like that, it would probably be a good idea to work on it soon, especially since those things have random drops that can mean you can clear MC for months and not get the pieces.

I wonder what's going to happen to the classic raiding achievements..  Turning them into Feats of Strength I imagine.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: