Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:18:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Office Space - Horror stories. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Office Space - Horror stories.  (Read 9778 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 02:36:40 PM

And then you had a foursome and didn't know the cameras were on...yeah yeah yeah I read that one.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

We had a fired employee shoot red paintballs at the boss's windows from the parking lot. Creepy, but not too bad. Later that year, security cameras caught one of our new hires stealing microwaves and other electronics from the other companies sub-leasing space from us.  The worst part: he was our only minority employee at the time.

I have never played WoW.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 03:04:42 PM

he was our only minority employee at the time.

Hopefully you learned your lesson.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 06:01:56 PM

Heheheheehehhehehehe.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 11:59:42 PM

Zing!

I have no horrible office stories. No wait, I take that back. I do have a good one, not really an office space type story though.

I was working late at night with my headphones on in a small building that was 2nd floor offices, 3rd floor apartments. At around 1 or 2 AM I go out the door to leave and notice that the office across from ours is open and the doorframe is lying in pieces on the floor. I'm a bit freaked out because I have no idea if the person who broke in is still around or not, so I creep outside and boko to a police station which is only a couple of minutes away. I end up coming back about 10 minutes later with the cops. They guy up the stairs guns drawn and for whatever reason I am right behind them. The whole time I'm thinking to myself just duck and cover if anything happens.

Weirdly enough they have *me* talk to the residents on the third floor to find out if they heard or saw anything. (The fuck? What was I, honorary junior investigator?) When they leave they also forget that they've propped open the back door with a brick and I have to remind them to remove it.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 12:26:44 PM

Working in a TV newsroom. Plunged into this environment after years in regular office-type space.

Open plan office design means I can see someone facing me, looking back at me over the monitor. And she's the hot newsreader everyone lusts after, all made up for TV, reading her email.

I am too distracted to work effectively. But my job is to meet unmissable deadlines for TV. Have you ever seen the news NOT go to air on time? No, it must always be on time, therefore deadlines are absolute and missing them is death.

I focus. And then the other two hot newsreaders everyone lusts after arrive, for a gossip session. Together the three of them lean towards the monitor, looking at some funny email attachment.

And it's two minutes to air.

And ?  Did you come ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #40 on: December 19, 2007, 01:01:28 PM

Jesus Christ, man! There's just some things you don't talk about in public!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 19, 2007, 01:29:42 PM

awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #42 on: December 19, 2007, 02:03:31 PM

This is "Office Space - Horror stories". I'm not telling you about the office Christmas party here.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #43 on: December 19, 2007, 05:56:43 PM

How can a guy named Tale NOT tell a story?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Office Space - Horror stories.  
Jump to: