Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:48:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2124188 times)
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #13300 on: November 21, 2011, 03:18:39 PM

Hate this fucking launcher. I've typed my password over and over again, changed it several times and it still gives me "wrong email address, password, etc" error. Tried RSVPing to the test, get the confimation email, try to follow the link to reinstall the launcher and it asks me to RSVP again.  Mob

Did you set up the ten security question gauntlet yet? I had to do that before it let me dl.

Yeah, did that a week ago but now I have all sorts of crap wrong. I answered the RSVP for beta testing and got a confirmation email. I tried to reinstall the launcher from that link in the email and it asks me to RSVP again. Hit accept and it loops back to the RSVP screen. I think it has to do with their shitty website not being able to handle the traffic for all their invites.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13301 on: November 21, 2011, 03:28:56 PM

Swotor's website is ASS tonight.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #13302 on: November 21, 2011, 03:35:45 PM

Sounds like yesterday was a good day to sell Activision short.

The easy way to 400 500 pages is to turn this into another Cataclysm thread. Just sayin'
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13303 on: November 21, 2011, 03:38:22 PM

Ha.. they just took it down and threw up the "scheduled maintenance" page.  Looks like everyone crashed it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #13304 on: November 21, 2011, 03:39:34 PM

@SWTOR SWTOR.com is currently experiencing a high volume of traffic, please check back soon. We thank you for your patience!

I like how their launcher and their website appear to be tied together.  Can't tell what the error message I'm getting on the launcher is but it disappears immediately.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13305 on: November 21, 2011, 03:55:35 PM

If you are a believer in the Mark Jacobs NDA Drop Quality Indicator, this game should be pretty good.  I can't remember the last time an MMO dropped its NDA more than a month prior to release. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13306 on: November 21, 2011, 04:05:23 PM

Ugh, I have tons of problems with the installer every time it's a major update.  Usually have to close it a re-download everything 5+ times before it actually works.  Always get stuck at some various point with "An error occurred updating".

*edit* Oops, lied a little.  Seems I get stuck in Installing Main Assets 4 repeatedly this time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:16:45 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #13307 on: November 21, 2011, 04:06:49 PM

Hate this fucking launcher. I've typed my password over and over again, changed it several times and it still gives me "wrong email address, password, etc" error. Tried RSVPing to the test, get the confimation email, try to follow the link to reinstall the launcher and it asks me to RSVP again.  Mob

Did you set up the ten security question gauntlet yet? I had to do that before it let me dl.

Thanks for this - the launcher was giving a quick error and then resetting, so I couldn't tell WTF was going on.

Then once I got logged into the launcher, it helpfully told me about the new security requirements...   swamp poop

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13308 on: November 21, 2011, 04:33:37 PM

Ha.. they just took it down and threw up the "scheduled maintenance" page.  Looks like everyone crashed it.
It really was a scheduled maintenance.

Please note that SWTOR.com will be undergoing maintenance from 6:00 PM CST on Monday, 11/21 until 6:00 AM CST on Tuesday, 11/22. During that time, you will not be able to visit the Game Tester Portal to accept your invitation. Please visit the website before or after this window to accept your invitation, and thank you for your understanding!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #13309 on: November 21, 2011, 04:53:50 PM

Sounds like yesterday was a good day to sell Activision short.
Guys, please stop talking about the market. The dow and nasdaq are both down ~2% today due to the congress supercommitee "surprisingly" failing to reach a decision on the deficit. ATVI actually outperformed the market by only dropping 1.41%. If you look at year to date, ATVI only dropped 4.5% the entire year including the 1.41% today. It's not doing great, hence the downgrade, but it's hardly in freefall.

You left out the part about it dropping 15% since Q3 earnings release.

I don't want to continue it any more here either, but you should present the total picture of the situation before and after release when the stock had been trading at 13 and was projected to hit 15 before the earnings change. That's my only point.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13310 on: November 21, 2011, 05:26:06 PM

Slow patcher is slow.

Good thing that I also have Skyrim now.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13311 on: November 21, 2011, 05:42:54 PM

Slow patcher is slow.

Good thing that I also have Skyrim now.

5.98M/s

Slow patcher is.. not slow, it's just 20 fucking gigs.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #13312 on: November 21, 2011, 05:49:02 PM

I'm about to throw something at their website.  This password nonsense is testing my patience.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #13313 on: November 21, 2011, 06:12:17 PM

You left out the part about it dropping 15% since Q3 earnings release.

And that 15% was down from a 52 week high, to a value that's still higher than their average for the year. You're seeing things you want to see. (Much like the crazy people who drove it up to that $14 amount in the first place.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #13314 on: November 21, 2011, 07:26:02 PM

Finally, finally, I'm invited.  Downloading at 1 Mb/s, sadly that is pretty good for my GD ISP.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13315 on: November 21, 2011, 08:37:45 PM

The chat window being in the upper left is really throwing me off apparently. I must have missed half of Lanty's messages tonight!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13316 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:49 PM

Downloaded now let me iiinnnn. I have the next three days offfffffff.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13317 on: November 21, 2011, 10:21:42 PM

The chat window being in the upper left is really throwing me off apparently. I must have missed half of Lanty's messages tonight!

Is it true you can't move the chat window or map?  Because if it's true then that's just clownshoes.  I've had my chat in the bottom left in every single MMO I've ever played, starting with DAoC.  And the map needs to be in one of the top corners, doesn't matter which.

Over and out.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13318 on: November 21, 2011, 10:56:57 PM

I remember one mmog that launched with the entire chat system defaulting to off and where the icon to turn it on was so tiny and indecipherable that it took many people here days to find the damn thing.

So clownshoes is relative is what I am saying.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13319 on: November 21, 2011, 11:07:42 PM

Is it true you can't move the chat window or map?  Because if it's true then that's just clownshoes.  I've had my chat in the bottom left in every single MMO I've ever played, starting with DAoC.  And the map needs to be in one of the top corners, doesn't matter which.

You can move the Chat Window, but it's fucking useless to do so because you can't move ANYTHING else on the UI. So there is just no where to put the fucking thing. The base UI isn't terrible (I actually like it for the most part, most of the relevant info is in the right spots for me), but not being able to even move stuff around is as you say, clownshoes. I was moving UI elements around in god damn DAOC.

The big thing for me though in regards to the UI, is the quickbars. I have 2 bars on the bottom middle, and that's fine... but I really, really want another like... 8 button slots down there, 4 on each row. I have the space for it, it seems like something I should be able to do with a modern MMO, but nope, your extra quickbar slots are on the extreme left or right edge of your monitor and you'll LIKE IT.  why so serious?

This is something that again, they *SHOULD* be able to fix, maybe even before release, probably in the first patch after if I was a betting man. But still, it's going to be compared to every other MMO out there, and all of those let you at the very very least, move shit around.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13320 on: November 21, 2011, 11:16:26 PM

A BioWare game with a crappy UI? Say it isn't so! awesome, for real
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13321 on: November 21, 2011, 11:29:21 PM

I remember one mmog that launched with the entire chat system defaulting to off and where the icon to turn it on was so tiny and indecipherable that it took many people here days to find the damn thing.

So clownshoes is relative is what I am saying.

I set the bar a little bit higher than 'Hey, at least you can chat!'  Ohhhhh, I see.

Over and out.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #13322 on: November 22, 2011, 12:03:06 AM

Able to move UI elements in DAoC?  Pfft, we were moving them around in EQ!  And we were making our own custom objects in MOO's and MUSH's (and even some MUDS)  These could totally redefine your gaming experience!

Lawn, get off.  Rock music, skateboards.

Old man yells at cloud.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #13323 on: November 22, 2011, 01:00:01 AM

I wasn't into diku back when the everquest -> wow switch was happening, so someone help me out. Was that sort of thing prevalent - http://www.torhead.com/ability/VIBtDV & http://www.torhead.com/ability/7Y8bP0x. That's basically power word: shiled & pw:s talent 1:1.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13324 on: November 22, 2011, 01:34:44 AM

Able to move UI elements in DAoC?  Pfft, we were moving them around in EQ!  And we were making our own custom objects in MOO's and MUSH's (and even some MUDS)  These could totally redefine your gaming experience!

Lawn, get off.  Rock music, skateboards.

Old man yells at cloud.

I remember having to manually copy source code out of a magazine in order to play games on computers.

Basically you young'uns are all spoilt.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13325 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:36 AM

Oh I remember doing that, too; only to be disappointed when I found out you needed a hard drive to save the really fun games to.

I wasn't into diku back when the everquest -> wow switch was happening, so someone help me out. Was that sort of thing prevalent - http://www.torhead.com/ability/VIBtDV & http://www.torhead.com/ability/7Y8bP0x. That's basically power word: shiled & pw:s talent 1:1.

Yes and no.  WoW had a lot more abilities than EQ could ever have hoped to for some classes.  Warriors, for example, only had Kick, Taunt, Disarm & Bash as active button pushing skills in EQ.  Blizzard - as is their way - took ideas from more games than that single one.  The anti-damage bubble thing was stolen from DAOC rather than EQ if you want to say it came from another game.  (Although the idea was older than that.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:46:28 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #13326 on: November 22, 2011, 01:48:57 AM

Oh I remember doing that, too; only to be disappointed when I found out you needed a hard drive to save the really fun games to.

A hard drive? You people don't know you were born. In my day, we had to save games to cassette!  Get off my lawn!

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13327 on: November 22, 2011, 01:54:50 AM

I think you meant to say "punchtape".

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #13328 on: November 22, 2011, 02:33:01 AM

Woah - no need to be rude. I'm not that old.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13329 on: November 22, 2011, 02:56:14 AM

Real men used cards to program their room sized IBM 360 mainframes.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #13330 on: November 22, 2011, 03:13:08 AM

Yes and no.  WoW had a lot more abilities than EQ could ever have hoped to for some classes.  Warriors, for example, only had Kick, Taunt, Disarm & Bash as active button pushing skills in EQ.  Blizzard - as is their way - took ideas from more games than that single one.  The anti-damage bubble thing was stolen from DAOC rather than EQ if you want to say it came from another game.  (Although the idea was older than that.)

Well I can get "instant heal that leaves a hot" or the concept of "bubble-absorby-heal". What I don't get is why they're straight up copy/pasting abilties. I understand why weakened soul is there, but even in the current itteration in wow, if there weren't other synergies with talents, it'd be sort of redudant. Just seems like lazy design to do it in exactly that same way. Case in point - not devastate and not lava burst.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:36:05 AM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13331 on: November 22, 2011, 03:31:56 AM

That' basically how I felt. I don't mind similar abilities but throughout there are straight, 100% copies of WoW abilities. It's lazy and it's more obvious than they think. Now, plenty of people won't care but again... once the paint cracks, you don't want to be playing the exact same game you just left.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #13332 on: November 22, 2011, 03:57:20 AM

I'll be interested to see how Generation WOW handles things like the UI at release. In Rift, the screaming hordes were obnoxious about anything and everything that differed from WoW. It has to have a random cross server dungeon finder. It has to have fully active add ons for DPS and threat meters and semi-automated healing. HAS TO HAS TO.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13333 on: November 22, 2011, 04:02:01 AM

Popcorn

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #13334 on: November 22, 2011, 05:28:36 AM

I wouldn't call something as important as a dungeon finder a mere UI issue.  I got nausea inducing flashbacks when I played a couple weekends ago, left the newbie planet and started seeing all those lfg requests in general chat.  There is no excuse for an mmo in this day and age with this budget and this many years in development not to have such an awesome feature.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: