Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:46:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1103701 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #5215 on: January 05, 2015, 12:08:47 PM

I have to ask... since I'm starting to wonder: Has the player base gotten worse or am I just becoming much more aware of the stupid shit that people do?

I'd also like to add that the arty mechanic + XVM is an issue.  Spending an entire match dodging arty fire, even when bottom tier, is getting old fast. 

Just get into cover for a minute or so and they will get bored and find another target. If they are targeting you at bottom tier, your team will be better off than if they were shooting tanks that matter  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I don't XVM target unless I have multiple choices near each other. My targeting protocol is this- If only one available target, shoot that. If there are multiple targets, shoot the highest tier or most effective tank. If there are multiples of those to choose from, then shoot the better player. Lately I have been just picking off the stragglers though- daddy needs SO MANY KILLS for the fucking 111 mission.

I actually like it when I am drawing arty fire at bottom tier. It is easy enough to avoid, and it means they aren't killing my less aware teammates.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5216 on: January 05, 2015, 12:43:16 PM

Just get into cover for a minute or so and they will get bored and find another target. If they are targeting you at bottom tier, your team will be better off than if they were shooting tanks that matter  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I don't XVM target unless I have multiple choices near each other. My targeting protocol is this- If only one available target, shoot that. If there are multiple targets, shoot the highest tier or most effective tank. If there are multiples of those to choose from, then shoot the better player. Lately I have been just picking off the stragglers though- daddy needs SO MANY KILLS for the fucking 111 mission.

I actually like it when I am drawing arty fire at bottom tier. It is easy enough to avoid, and it means they aren't killing my less aware teammates.

You say this stuff like I don't have 18k + games played and a 2200 60 day WN8.  I know how to avoid it.  It just gets tiresome having to avoid it more than most players.  It really alters your approach to playing the game in a negative way and may just be the reason I take another long break from the game.  I want to aggressively hunt other tanks, not hump buildings/rocks.  

I also know that you and I are never going to agree on this... so there's that.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:53:16 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5217 on: January 06, 2015, 10:47:09 PM

Tier 8 game in my IS-2. My team full of retards sends 1 tank to the west side of Erlenberg, so I hold back and try to cover him as best I can. I get a few shots off and get run over by 4 or 5 tier 8s. Meanwhile our 43% Super Pershing is running his dickhole about how bad I am for dying early. He goes from the mid map and backs literally to the K line and dies last. And of course, he did zero damage. So I had to compliment him on his skills. Below is our full chat. I am still in awe.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:50:58 PM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5218 on: January 06, 2015, 11:16:20 PM

WayAbvPar (1/6/2015 9:43:04 PM) I want to see if you can type an entire sentence without misspelling a word
WayAbvPar (1/6/2015 9:43:12 PM) go ahead
Falcon_Wings (1/6/2015 9:43:14 PM) why wont u mention how ur battle stratigy is better?>
WayAbvPar (1/6/2015 9:43:18 PM) ROFL

ROFL, indeed.  swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5219 on: January 07, 2015, 06:23:48 PM

Hm, should I install XVM? I don't have any arty yet, but I'd like to get a piece soon. Any idea which d/l site is "safe" and I'm assuming that it's a safe mod as far as wargaming.net goes (ie not going to get me banned?)

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5220 on: January 07, 2015, 06:39:42 PM

Hm, should I install XVM? I don't have any arty yet, but I'd like to get a piece soon. Any idea which d/l site is "safe" and I'm assuming that it's a safe mod as far as wargaming.net goes (ie not going to get me banned?)

This site makes it easy. Install the installer, then pick and choose which components you want to use. Anything possibly banned is noted, but the only way to get caught using banned mods is if you stream or post replays or such. I would recommend getting Battle Assistant (which is one of the options in OMC) if you are going to start playing arty. You can pull off all sorts of tricky half-shots with it that are much harder to gauge from the regular overhead view.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5221 on: January 07, 2015, 07:43:30 PM

Thanks, I'll do that later this afternoon.

Should I buy any of the vehicle items while they're half price? I've purchased the camo net and the binoculars which I move from tank to tank. Any others worth adding as permanent items to the others?

WayAbvPar

Reply #5222 on: January 07, 2015, 08:33:59 PM

You will want a rammer on any tank that can carry one. High level tanks will want a vertical stabilizer. Gun laying drives are good for tanks with shitty bloom and aim times. Optics are good for most tanks, but especially lights and others with long view ranges. Binocs are good for slow, stationary TDs. You can recycle all of these to use on new tanks by paying a 10 gold fee to dismount from the current tank, so having at least a little gold will help stretch out your silver budget.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5223 on: January 08, 2015, 07:13:11 AM

You will want a rammer on any tank that can carry one.

I thought there was a break-even point on Rammers.  As in, short-reloads like some of the Brits & lights didn't really benefit from them. I read the reload shaved only fractions of a second, only allowing 1 additional shell across the course of 2m of constant firing (at which point you'd be long empty)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5224 on: January 08, 2015, 08:32:14 AM

I thought there was a break-even point on Rammers.  As in, short-reloads like some of the Brits & lights didn't really benefit from them. I read the reload shaved only fractions of a second, only allowing 1 additional shell across the course of 2m of constant firing (at which point you'd be long empty)

There are a few guns that will have a longer aim time than their reload (i.e. Ram II).  In these cases a rammer may not be ideal at range, but will still be helpful up close. 

Shooting faster is always a good thing in my opinion. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5225 on: January 08, 2015, 02:18:07 PM

Yeah, the number of times a fraction of a second makes the difference in which person lives or dies is pretty large.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5226 on: January 08, 2015, 04:55:06 PM

That is something I'm finding. Along with fucking ricochets.
So.. recommended for the RAM II?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5227 on: January 08, 2015, 05:19:40 PM

I'm not a fan of tier 5 premiums even though I own a few.  Tier 5-6 tanks make plenty of credits already and the level of play at those tiers can be frustratingly bad.

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5228 on: January 08, 2015, 06:10:30 PM

Vents and Gun Laying Drive. Then maybe a rammer for maximum Dakka, but the gun is already plenty fast on it's own.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5229 on: January 08, 2015, 06:27:48 PM

This is a good site to check out set-ups. You can drill down to each tank and then look at what most people are playing with as far as equipment and crew skills.

http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?fieldname=creditsn

You can also see what are the best credit earners, killers, etc.

Here is the Ram II page where you can look through the tabs:

http://www.vbaddict.net/tankstats/usa/medium/ram-ii-202

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5230 on: January 08, 2015, 07:49:20 PM

I'm not a fan of tier 5 premiums even though I own a few.  Tier 5-6 tanks make plenty of credits already and the level of play at those tiers can be frustratingly bad.

I took advantage of the sale and bought a few tanks. I haven't wanted to concentrate on the grind to increase tiers so much and prefer to just enjoy playing the game. Because I'm enjoying the game I decided that I don't mind spending a "new game" worth of money on this, and I find most of the Tier 1 tanks awful.

I haven't wanted to spend quite the level of money that they want for the 30% off Tier VI ones, though the TOGII and Dicker Max both look tempting.

Thanks again for the links and advice.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

WayAbvPar

Reply #5231 on: January 08, 2015, 07:57:36 PM

The TOG is terrible...stay far away. I love my Dicker Max, but it isn't for everyone.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5232 on: January 08, 2015, 08:14:23 PM

DMAX has a great gun for just ventilating other tanks with large shells. awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5233 on: January 09, 2015, 09:39:14 AM

The Tog is a good earner, but isn't easy to play well.  Since it's so slow you are pretty much stuck with choosing a direction and sticking with it which limits your ability to influence a battle. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5234 on: January 09, 2015, 11:12:10 AM

I took advantage of the sale and bought a few tanks. I haven't wanted to concentrate on the grind to increase tiers so much and prefer to just enjoy playing the game. Because I'm enjoying the game I decided that I don't mind spending a "new game" worth of money on this, and I find most of the Tier 1 tanks awful.

I haven't wanted to spend quite the level of money that they want for the 30% off Tier VI ones, though the TOGII and Dicker Max both look tempting.

Thanks again for the links and advice.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I understand and support the decision.  I've spent a ton of money on the game and feel that I've gotten value for it.  Here are the V and 6 premiums that I enjoy playing most and feel are worth the price when they are on sale:

Churchill III (Great gun, preferential MM, and Russian heavy crew trainer)
Ram II (Great gun, good trainer, and just fun)
T-25 (Great gun, good straight-line mobility to support flanks)
Dicker Max (Won it in an event.  Would have never bought it but now that I have it, I enjoy it quite a bit.  Great gun, good camo)

Again, feel free to shoot me a pm in game if you have any questions.  Nebu_f13

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5235 on: January 09, 2015, 01:02:18 PM

I have the same name as here. I play on US West, so if you are on there, gimme a shout. I am grinding out the 111 mission, so I am playing mostly T6+, but I can jump into some low level stuff to give you some pointers about maps and whatnot.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5236 on: January 09, 2015, 01:07:59 PM

I still love my British AT 15A when I play tanks. (though it's been about 7 months)

The French TD FCS36 PAK 40 & SPG 105 leFH18B2 are also nice but don't plan on one-shotting with the SPG.

As far as Germans I've only got 2

The Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) which used to be awesome but gets ripped-to-shit these days, unless it's been buffed.
The TD, E-25.  Fast and great reload but armor is thin as hell. If you want to be a support TD, this is great, but I prefer the hide & snipe w/ big Alpha of others, like the Russians.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5237 on: January 09, 2015, 01:18:12 PM

The Pak40 is disgustingly overpowered for T3. It can one shot anything below it, and a lot of stuff its tier. Gun is a fucking laser. It is slow as hell, but other than that it is just nasty. I have multiple 8 kill games in mine.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5238 on: January 09, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

I hardly play my pak40, mostly because it's just too easy to run.  I have something like a 65% 63% win rate with it.  It is ungodly slow but on most of the maps you see you don't have to cover much ground to get to a good spot.  Also somehow I've gotten an invader and a scout medal in it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:55:31 PM by Tmon »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5239 on: January 09, 2015, 05:02:15 PM

The pak has some amazing view range because it's French. You can get to 570m according to the wiki, so I can see getting scout if you were perched in the right spot on the Italian map.

Invader, however, is goddamn impressive.  The other guy (as I can only see getting it in that tank if there's only you and another guy)  must've been an SPG or had a busted engine.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5240 on: January 09, 2015, 06:50:25 PM

Thanks for the offers guys, but the game herded me to the Asian Servers, which is apparently the place where I get the best ping and most players on during my playtimes - but apparently all my stuff is stuck on this region (and it's a different client? WTF?) It's disappointing that I can't just change regions like you can with other modern games (Titanfall, etc).

I buckled last night and got the Dicker Max. It's ...fun  awesome, for real. I've also got the Pak40, M22 Locust (love it!), RAM II, T-15, T-127, Valentine II, Churchill III, Black Prince, and I went for the KV-220 with a month's Premium and some gold bundle, since I've got my summer break on right now and time to play. (I started with the $3 tanks, then sloooowly slipped down the rabbit hole).

Hm.. Anything else under $10 I should consider before their sale ends tomorrow?
https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/?item=638

The comment about the T-25 having weak armour for it's tier was the reason I didn't pick it up. Especially since I seem to get mixed in with higher tier tanks a lot.

Some higher stuff (SU-122-44, Panther/M10, Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm) looks tempting, but the price is probably a bit much, given how much I've already spent. Let's not even look at the higher tier ones (or prices!)

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5241 on: January 10, 2015, 10:12:12 AM

Yeh never got why you can't switch servers, I guess WG are money grabbing dicks.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5242 on: January 10, 2015, 11:09:58 AM

That is supposedly in the works. We will see.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5243 on: January 11, 2015, 01:15:58 PM

http://wotreplays.com/site/1518590#fiery_salient-abagadro-stb-1

This was a fun one. I sat on my ass all game and then the other team decided to be greedy, so I killed them.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5244 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:49 PM

http://wotreplays.com/site/1518590#fiery_salient-abagadro-stb-1

This was a fun one. I sat on my ass all game and then the other team decided to be greedy, so I killed them.

So worth the watch. The little juke you put on the E100 when you went around him was very nice, and then his absolute sore-assed sandy vagina crying the rest of the game was glorious.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5245 on: January 11, 2015, 09:48:28 PM

That is supposedly in the works. We will see.

That would be quite good.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5246 on: January 12, 2015, 09:32:51 AM

This is a good site to check out set-ups. You can drill down to each tank and then look at what most people are playing with as far as equipment and crew skills.

http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?fieldname=creditsn

You can also see what are the best credit earners, killers, etc.

Here is the Ram II page where you can look through the tabs:

http://www.vbaddict.net/tankstats/usa/medium/ram-ii-202
What the hell happened around December 24th for the ram?  A ton if it's stats nose dive when you look at the charts on that link.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5247 on: January 12, 2015, 09:41:27 AM

What the hell happened around December 24th for the ram?  A ton if it's stats nose dive when you look at the charts on that link.

A bunch of new people bought it while it was on sale... that's my guess.

-  Mark Twain
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5248 on: January 12, 2015, 03:50:55 PM

That's me! Shitting up the stats!

I was just in an urban map with it with tanks 2 tiers above me. I really had no idea WTF I could do to help my team. I've tried scouting in the previous game, but then my 3 teammates on that flank just sat back about 2km and waited to die. My following game was in the Locust I with the exact same situation... urban map with tanks 2 tiers higher.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5249 on: January 12, 2015, 04:09:03 PM

Any tank with preferential matchmaking is decent is my contribution to this thread.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: