Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1115149 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4025 on: September 16, 2013, 06:49:35 PM

What? It costs you practically nothing to turn the option on - you never know when you'll have those epic games to gloat about.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Perhaps I'm missing something. Does it not save the replay to your HDD?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4026 on: September 16, 2013, 07:13:38 PM

No it actually saves as some sort of binary data file, around 1mb each.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4027 on: September 16, 2013, 08:56:57 PM

Oh hey, I do have it turned on.  can't find the AT-15 game i was referencing, so it must have been a different tank or farther back and I remember.  Instead watch me get far, far luckier than a T-71 has any right to get.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704172/F13%20Photos/20130908_1615_usa-T71_08_ruinberg.wotreplay
Yes, it was that herky-jerky that day. My vid card was dying and I'd had to swap back to it because the replacement I bought was bad as well.

Also, here's the best game I've ever, ever had.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704172/F13%20Photos/20130729_2258_usa-T25_2_06_ensk.wotreplay

Oh.. and here's the T69 game I completley blew at the end by 1) reloading at the wrong moment and 2) Trying to take that Tiger2 head-on.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704172/F13%20Photos/20130913_1859_usa-T69_19_monastery.wotreplay
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:16:18 PM by Merusk »

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4028 on: September 17, 2013, 12:23:39 PM

Wow, I definitely need to work my way into those US autoloading tanks - looks like fun!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4029 on: September 17, 2013, 12:39:11 PM

Wow, I definitely need to work my way into those US autoloading tanks - looks like fun!

The T69 is amazing, but expensive.  300 pen heat rounds take the wind out of tier 9's in a hurry!

I can't wait to get my T57.

STRAZ!!!! MOAR PLATOONS PLZ!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4030 on: September 17, 2013, 12:50:35 PM

Yeah, people love the French ALs but I found them too fragile.  The US ones have inferior reload but can take a little more punishment.   

I really enjoy the whole American tank line, but the more I play it the more I realize the 69 is just a fantastic machine. I think my 2nd favorite at this point would be British TDs. 

I used to love the Russians but only the TD line really stuck with me after Tier 6 and with the uber-reload times and all the city/ large mountain maps that have been introduced they've lost some of their terror factor.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4031 on: September 17, 2013, 01:00:03 PM

I loved the French AL's until I got to the AMX 50 120.  It's a great tank, but it really attracts more attention than its craptastic armor can handle.  Also God help you if you play in a match lacking well-armored heavies to hide behind.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4032 on: September 17, 2013, 02:12:56 PM

Playing the Easy8, wherein I am rewarded for being aggressive and not camping like a sissy:

To be fair, I think I was aided by bad opponents...oh well.

Fake Edit: T29 carrying. Like a boss, because my team is largely useless it seems. I had to force them over the line through sheer force of will and turret bounce. Also, I wish I hadn't called for backup on the E25 noob - I would have liked the Top Gun, and he obviously did not know how to pen me (though I wouldn't have missed the first shot with sub-150 ping).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2459685/WoT%20Replays/20130917_2300_usa-T29_45_north_america.wotreplay
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:15:01 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4033 on: September 18, 2013, 03:38:26 PM

So, because it seems I have more money than brains, I bought both of the new Chinese premiums.  The med plays like a KV-1S with more hit points while the heavy is like the IS-6 but with bouncier armor and a little slower.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4034 on: September 19, 2013, 01:21:27 AM

I played the heavy on the test server and liked it a lot. Gun was a bit rubbish but perfectly usable and the tank can pick up a nice head of speed with the Remove Speed Governor.

Since we are posting games this is a pretty good one from last night. Playing peekaboo on El Haluff encounter with an M7 and fighting horrid ping (200+) the whole time. Result, 1st class mastery badge, the Scout and the Patrol Duty medals.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/347044#el_halluf-suranis1-m7
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:24:51 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4035 on: September 19, 2013, 07:29:13 AM

So, because it seems I have more money than brains, I bought both of the new Chinese premiums.  The med plays like a KV-1S with more hit points while the heavy is like the IS-6 but with bouncier armor and a little slower.

You're going to make me spend money, damnit.

On a related note, I said goodbye to my super pershing last night.  I got penned twice in a row in the lower plate by a T44 using regular shells (175 pen?) and it made me cry.  The mobility was improved a little bit but not enough to offset the fact that you pretty much need to hull down with the thing. Even then, people know to shoot you in the cheeks under the spaced armor.  Guess I'll have to use my Ram II to train medium crews. 

-  Mark Twain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4036 on: September 19, 2013, 08:14:14 AM

I sold my SP as soon as I got logged into the game. Thanks to the Hex kickstarter my gaming budget is blown for quite a while and the gold from selling it will help pay for a premium extension the next time premium time goes on sale.  Since I have 3 other tier 8 premiums and I don't need to do any US medium crew grinding I don't think I'll miss it much.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4037 on: September 19, 2013, 09:09:52 AM

Open Tourney

Teams of 7 to 10. Any interest in throwing an F13 team together?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4038 on: September 19, 2013, 04:12:25 PM

I sold my SP as soon as I got logged into the game. Thanks to the Hex kickstarter my gaming budget is blown for quite a while and the gold from selling it will help pay for a premium extension the next time premium time goes on sale.  Since I have 3 other tier 8 premiums and I don't need to do any US medium crew grinding I don't think I'll miss it much.

I sold mine, too.  I ended up using some of the gold for a month's worth of premium.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4039 on: September 19, 2013, 07:32:43 PM

The med plays like a KV-1S with more hit points while the heavy is like the IS-6 but with bouncier armor and a little slower.

Speaking of which... God I love the IS 6

Victory!
Battle: Sacred Valley 9/19/2013 9:21:57 PM
Vehicle: IS-6
Experience received: 2,208
Credits received: 131,356
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Sniper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4040 on: September 20, 2013, 12:54:07 AM

It looks like the next nation to be represented in game will be Japan. awesome, for real 

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/17/japanese-tech-tree/
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4041 on: September 20, 2013, 11:21:00 AM

Open Tourney

Teams of 7 to 10. Any interest in throwing an F13 team together?

I have difficulty being available for the schedules of those things.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4042 on: September 22, 2013, 08:03:25 AM

BTW World of Warplanes pushed back their launch to November 12th.  This also extends their earn wowp gold and use it to add premium time to both accounts.  You can earn up to 240 tokens a day.  Tokens are awarded at 10 for the first win, ground target kill, and air kill.  You get 20 for the third one of each, and 50 for the 10th.

WRG to WoT I'm actually enjoying the 30.01H, the hull armor is a little weak but I do love shooting the cone gun.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4043 on: September 22, 2013, 12:13:06 PM

Holy shit!  When did the little Leopard become so much fun to play?  I remember it being complete garbage.  The new auto-loader gun is fantastic.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4044 on: September 23, 2013, 07:58:22 AM

Victory!, M40/M43, Port, 9/23/13 12:38 AM: 1,600 nXP, 4,079 dmg

What the URL doesn't say is I won by outcapping the last tank by like 2 seconds. Arty Invader FTW.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4045 on: September 23, 2013, 09:25:51 AM

4k arty damage AND you capped? Jesus, nice game. I'll have to watch when I get home.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4046 on: September 23, 2013, 12:57:11 PM

AND it was on Port (a notoriously shitty arty map). I was at the north spawn, which is a lot better for arty, and I got exceedingly kind treatment from the RNG. 1-shotted a Cent 7/1 and an E-75 (I think?), so that was why the damage was so high. I should probably just sell it now, since this in never happening again!

WayAbvPar

Reply #4047 on: September 23, 2013, 01:03:28 PM

Yep. Like I said, very kind from the RNG. I think that brings my total of 1 shotted tier 9s to about 5 over a few hundred arty games. Meanwhile the tier X TDs do it nearly every game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

e- looking @noobmeter, it wasn't an E-75...might have been the 103. In which case it wasn't a one shot, since he was below 50% health. The Cent was damaged too, but I think I ammo racked him because it did A LOT of damage.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:06:44 PM by WayAbvPar »

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4048 on: September 23, 2013, 01:49:40 PM

Speaking of ammo racks, the new T-34-3 is REALLY fragile.  I set two on fire yesterday and ammo racked a third with my IS-6.  I'm definitely not going to buy one after what I witnessed.

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4049 on: September 23, 2013, 02:03:16 PM

Meanwhile the tier X TDs do it nearly every game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

ISU-152.  Oneshots 3/4 of things at its Tier and almost all below it.  Fair. I'm buying it again next time it goes on sale.

Something's fucked-up when 1/2 of a guy's garage is TDs.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4050 on: September 23, 2013, 02:26:02 PM

Something's fucked-up when 1/2 of a guy's garage is TDs.

I don't like TD's all that much.  While they do great damage, they're far to passive in play.  You can't effectively carry a team with a TD unless you have a platoon that you can rely on.  For solo play, TD's get me good numbers but do little to help my win rate.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4051 on: September 24, 2013, 02:56:46 PM

You can carry with the AT-2.

also....(I'm a bit embarassed it took this long to Ace it).

Vehicle: M4 Sherman
Experience received: 3,704 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 115,044
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

I would have gone for the 8th kill but I had like 4 hps left and I wanted to stay alive.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4052 on: September 24, 2013, 04:24:30 PM

It's too slow.  If you're over halfway across the map and the enemy is capping out, good luck resetting... you know you can't depend on someone in a random match to do it.  That's one of the main reason I prefer the T1HT to the KV1.  The KV1 is just too slow to cover the map when your team fails to show any awareness.

I suppose the SU-122-44 could be a decent carry TD and there are a few other exceptions.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:28:31 PM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4053 on: September 25, 2013, 08:30:29 AM

I finally sold some tanks I don't enjoy playing and bought a M53/55. I ammo racked two tanks on my first outting. This might be fun arty....or it might be a horrid grind to get tracks.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4054 on: September 25, 2013, 09:33:48 AM

It's too slow.  If you're over halfway across the map and the enemy is capping out, good luck resetting... you know you can't depend on someone in a random match to do it.  That's one of the main reason I prefer the T1HT to the KV1.  The KV1 is just too slow to cover the map when your team fails to show any awareness.

I suppose the SU-122-44 could be a decent carry TD and there are a few other exceptions.

The best way to carry in the AT-2 is to make yourself as big a target as possible. If there is no arty, drive in relatively open areas right at enemy positions. Even most T6 tanks will bounce off the front armor the majority of the time. Draw all the fire you can, plink people to death with your little gun (and shoot a lot of gold), and hope your cretinous teammates take advantage of all the tanking you are doing.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4055 on: September 25, 2013, 09:37:27 AM

The best way to carry in the AT-2 is to make yourself as big a target as possible. If there is no arty, drive in relatively open areas right at enemy positions. Even most T6 tanks will bounce off the front armor the majority of the time. Draw all the fire you can, plink people to death with your little gun (and shoot a lot of gold), and hope your cretinous teammates take advantage of all the tanking you are doing.

I get that part.  Explain how you reset cap when two enemies are on it and you're 2/3 the way across the map.

The most important trait required for carrying solo is the ability to reach cap from any point on the map with two enemies on it.  Map awareness is a trait that most players lack in solo randoms.

Could be a personal thing.  My best rating is in cap defense.  Nothing pisses me off more than losing a winnable game because I was too slow to make it back for a reset. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:40:27 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4056 on: September 25, 2013, 09:54:45 AM

In slow tanks, I don't wander too far from cap until I feel the game is in hand and/or there are enough warm bodies to reset if necessary. I play all the lines though, so I am not always in a tank ideally suited for carrying (or even contributing  Ohhhhh, I see. ). Probably a big reason my efficiency and win rates are so low. Well that and I am pretty terrible at internet tanks.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4057 on: September 25, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

In my opinion, the best way to "carry" is to make your presence felt. If I'm in my T34 heavy, I know I can make even a tier X think twice about rounding a bend. I'm unable to have that same prensence in my Lowe.

I need to work on my harassment skills in mediums. I tend to play everything like it's my T34, which works ok in the AT2. But for a lot of other tanks gets me killed.

So if you are not in a tank that is not "controlling" the fight, what do you do? The answer, is platoon with someone who will.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4058 on: September 25, 2013, 10:20:24 AM

Well that and I am pretty terrible at internet tanks.

You are definitely NOT bad at tanks.  We all have little things that we can improve.  I'm constantly looking for them every time I log on. 

Had a great time playing with you guys the other night.  I hope we can do it more often!

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4059 on: September 25, 2013, 12:03:12 PM

Well that and I am pretty terrible at internet tanks.

We all have little things that we can improve.  I'm constantly looking for them every time I log on. 

No kidding.  I've really been shitting the bed recently.  I'd like to blame it on the crappy new Chinese premiums I've been playing but I've been playing poorly on other tanks, too.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: