Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1103755 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3675 on: July 24, 2013, 11:52:32 AM

Been playing this a bit again the last couple of days. First thing is that I belatedly realised the the Lowe has been badly gimped. Its had its sise increased "for historical accuracy, which apparently blows things like wight calculations and whatnot and ruins what cam it had, and mades its glaring weakpoints bigger. SO it cant move up hills like it used to and sticks out like a sore thumb. Needless to say I'd suddenly mr priority target and can barely get 3 shots off now before detonating. Dammit. I guess I'm in the market for a new premium in the next few weeks...

Second I made the big mistake of looking at my stats. Apparently I suck. :(

Third I think I realize why. BECAUSE EVERYONE FUCKING CAMPS. Seriously, I watched 9 of my team dive for the same fucking scrap of woodland on the hill. leaving me in my BDR D! and a medium to hunt out the bad guys. The BRD is a sniper with crappy armour, and the new tctic seems to be hide, watch some poor rubes take out a couple of bad guys while getting ripped up, then charge out on the depleted damaged enemy for win rating and efficiency. I'm crap because I dont want to play that game, I want to play a team game with maneuver and shit, not play who camps better wins. SO I go out and scout no matter how ill suited I am and detonate without getting a shot off while everyone else applauds.

Another game. Al Haluff Standard. I had to literally dodge fire and hide behind a rock as none of my team wanted to get out of their firing positions, even the mediums who had the speed to do that shit. Got 4 kills as I was peekaboing and stuff but we lost the match.

Still though, I'm running up the french line and I have to say the BGR G1 D is an interesting Tank. Really REALLY nice final gun, and it has really REALLY good credit earning potential. earns 5k non premium account even if you just detonate, and great acceleration to moderate speed (but faster than a KV1) Utterly crud armor though, especially on the sides. Its a tank that's meant as a flanker and as a support tank... but how the fuck can you do that 2/3 of your team are sitting back and another 2 or 3 are sitting camping your own base or the corners of the map away from the fighting? When it works the tank is frightening though, but I lost most of my games last night due to a combination of my own in-experiance and utterly shit teams.

Maybe I should switch to the American server and experience a whole different nationality of crap :P

Oh and 8.7 is out. Big points are; Bye bye T-50-2 and the T50 has been slowed by 8km. The much loved Malinkova assault mode is gone THANK GOD. And lots of new British Arty O'Leary. A new winter map. And a new tier VII German TD

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/46/version-87-release/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:56:40 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3676 on: July 24, 2013, 12:19:54 PM

Still playing. Still hate how my tier 5 and 6 derp guns were nerfed, so I've swapped in normal guns on my Sherman and Sherman Jumbo.

Seems that while the games are a bit less hilarious now (no more 1-shotting stupid T-28s), I'm forced to play more methodically...and probably end up playing better on those tanks. What a shame, for the opponents.

Really annoying when I'm consistently Top 3 or 5 (with #1 being fairly common) on a losing team, and I'm WAY outscoring the rest of the team - feels like a waste of a good game every time it happens.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3677 on: July 24, 2013, 12:35:23 PM

Really annoying when I'm consistently Top 3 or 5 (with #1 being fairly common) on a losing team, and I'm WAY outscoring the rest of the team - feels like a waste of a good game every time it happens.

I'm usually online playing with a friend if you want to platoon.  We play tier 7-9 most nights. We're pretty low key and I like to think that we're better than the average scrub.

The name is Nebu_f13

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3678 on: July 24, 2013, 12:42:31 PM

I'm going to miss my 50-2 it was such a fun little tank. 

Fuck.. I forgot to take the gear off of it, too.  Goddamnit.

In other news I finally hit my first Tier X but have no chance of affording it any time in the next 4 months.  Buying the IX Persh killed my bank and I now have 200k and no will to grind 6 mil more.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3679 on: July 24, 2013, 12:46:04 PM

I have several 9's open that I never bothered to buy for the same reason.  Also not in a hurry to open a 10 as I have little to no interest in clan wars. 

Have you been playing much recently, Merusk?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3680 on: July 24, 2013, 12:53:50 PM

No more than usual.  I'll get on, run the 2x on a few of the ones I'm actively levelling (Currently GW-Panther, M-41, Whatever is after Hellcat and T71) and maybe a premium or two for funding (I've bought way too many of these damn things.)

Last night it was

French Premium Arty, Win
M-41, Win
Type 59, Win (oh boy, fire extinguisher!)
T71 loss
Perhsing - loss.  *fuck it I'm done for the night, logoff*

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3681 on: July 24, 2013, 01:02:21 PM

At least you're playing some fun tanks.  Type, T71, and Pershing are all great. 

I'm currently grinding the tier 7 french TD and not enjoying it much.  Then again, I've never really enjoyed TD's.  Too passive for my tastes.

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3682 on: July 24, 2013, 02:15:05 PM

I'm routinely the top score on the losing team. Its the reason WHY we lost.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3683 on: July 24, 2013, 02:17:42 PM

Yeah, when I get a kill in the first 3-5 mins or I'm top kills I know it's going to be a loss. I'm not that good.

At least you're playing some fun tanks.  Type, T71, and Pershing are all great. 

I'm currently grinding the tier 7 french TD and not enjoying it much.  Then again, I've never really enjoyed TD's.  Too passive for my tastes.

I only play tanks that are fun to me.  If they get un-fun I stop the line.  I gave up Russians because the KV-4 wasn't fun.  I gave-up Germans because the tanks before the Panther were shitty to play.   I gave-up British because running along in a house at 10 kph is BULLSHIT.

Basically.. just stop running those tanks!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3684 on: July 24, 2013, 04:47:14 PM

Brit tanks get agile enough. My only complaint right now in the med and heavy at tier 8 is the pretty anemic gun, but they're both agile and pretty bouncy for their tier.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3685 on: July 25, 2013, 10:45:50 AM

IMO the Churchill VII is the nadir of the British Heavy line - the Church I has enough hilarious bounciness in its armour to scare equal-tier tanks and the Black Prince is slow but consistently slow with the Meteor engine (it tops out at 20km/h but will happily do 15km/h uphill on mud) and goes back to having a bouncy front glacis and a turret worth the metal. The VII is undergunned, mediocre armour and slow.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3686 on: July 25, 2013, 10:57:00 AM

I hated the Church VII and the Caern.  I rage sold the Caern about 40k into it.  I may go back to it sometime, but I'm in no hurry. 

-  Mark Twain
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3687 on: July 25, 2013, 11:55:12 AM

Been playing my Americans a lot, dabbling with the Russians and now French heavies and arty. I have some Brits as well, but currently stuck on the Churchill VII.

I just seem to be able to get the most consistent play out of the American tanks. Shame about the Germans - I LOVED my 3601H, but the Tiger feels so underwhelming due to shit armor (though the top 88 is sweet).

I mostly brute-XP'd to the BDR, but I refuse to dump even more to get to the 90mmm and engines - it's a shit grind.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3688 on: July 25, 2013, 12:05:05 PM

Yeah the BDR is utterly shit till you get that gun. Once you have that gun and you take your place behind the guys leading the charge it all clicks and it turns into a monster, albeit a monster that becomes the priority target for everyone once they realize you have THE GUN because its armour is fairly bouncy on the front but still a joke. But seeing that that gun does to those smug KV1s is worth every penny. You need an elite crew on it though as you really need to max your accuracy and mobility. Its acceleration is pretty good too so you can scoot in and out of cover. Also its a very nice moneymaker. Frustrating if you have a crappy team but still fun

Seriously, I  when I first got it I hit a Russian TD at 70% on the hull on the side and it detonated right there. I was like what the fuck. You have to play it cautiously, but I got a confederate medal last night for singlehandedly reducing a line of heavies to sub 25% hull while ducking in and out of a rock. Everyone hits reverse when they lose half their health on a heavy from one hit. Careful weakpoint shooting is a must though. Also its so high that it can actually shoot over your own allies. meds and lights go boom with one hit, with a little bit of luck.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:03:32 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3689 on: July 25, 2013, 12:09:54 PM

The problem with the french heavies is that they are as big as a building with poor armor in tiers 6 & 7.  The Tier 7 has a freaking barn for a turret until you upgrade.  Thankfully things improve with the 50 100.  That is still one of my favorite tanks to play. 

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3690 on: July 25, 2013, 01:06:11 PM

You might be thinking of the Tier 6

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3691 on: July 25, 2013, 01:30:54 PM

That's the one.  The rolling outhouse.

-  Mark Twain
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3692 on: July 27, 2013, 10:00:27 AM

On camping, since the accuracy changes in 8.6 more players are realizing that getting seen first is death.  So once they get in their safe postions they don't want to move.  Thank Wargaming for changing the game. Mob
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3693 on: July 27, 2013, 12:00:49 PM

I accidentally clicked the topic instead of new post and ended up on page one.  The first thing I noticed was that I started the thread and the second (after reading a few of the early pages) was that I've been playing this game for over 3 years if you count closed beta.  That's longer than I played UO, EQ, DAoC and WoW combined.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3694 on: July 28, 2013, 11:31:56 AM

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3695 on: July 28, 2013, 11:47:58 AM

After nearly 10k matches, I finally bought my first tier 10 today and celebrated with a 4k damage match.  The 110E5 seems like a very solid tank... aside from the tumor on its turret.

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3696 on: July 30, 2013, 11:52:40 AM

Only 5.2 million more until I can buy my first Tier X. At the rate I'm going it'll only be 2 months... unless I get distracted by the shiny T69 autoloader I'm about to unlock.  awesome, for real

Played after the patch yesterday, I desperately miss my T-50-2. This new tank is shit.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3697 on: July 30, 2013, 12:05:13 PM

I'm fairly happy with the new one, it's not the motorcycle from hell the 50-2 was but it's still fun to play around with.  I use my high tier light tanks as a break from the serious business of grinding out Mediums and Heavies so I don't expect much more than a few minutes of harassing the other team and the occasional kill on some clueless tier IX or X driver from them.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3698 on: July 30, 2013, 12:08:23 PM

Only 5.2 million more until I can buy my first Tier X. At the rate I'm going it'll only be 2 months... unless I get distracted by the shiny T69 autoloader I'm about to unlock.  awesome, for real

Save your money.  The T69 stock gun is tier 6 and the upgrade only shines with gold ammo.  It's just not mobile enough to flank, so you really have to use premium rounds against anything with tough armor.

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3699 on: July 30, 2013, 12:38:47 PM

Nah, the 69 is an evil tank if you use it right.  I've a love for mediums and still fuck things up in my 59 and the Pershing and those don't have the autoloader advantage.   It'll take me a little more patience to wait out, but I've learned that via the T71.  Being a low-tier light and having 4 heavy kills in a match was awesome.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3700 on: July 30, 2013, 12:41:39 PM

Nah, the 69 is an evil tank if you use it right.  I've a love for mediums and still fuck things up in my 59 and the Pershing and those don't have the autoloader advantage.   It'll take me a little more patience to wait out, but I've learned that via the T71.  Being a low-tier light and having 4 heavy kills in a match was awesome.

While I agree about the T69, the pershing may be the best of the tier 8 mediums.  It has a great turret, good depression, and with the accuracy changes is a beast on the run.  The only thing the T69 does better is burst damage, but 175 pen is unreliable against anything above tier 8. That's why I suggested playing it with premium ammo.

-  Mark Twain
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3701 on: July 31, 2013, 02:19:38 AM

If you pick your spots with the T69 you can do some serious shit. It's actually a fantastic tank, but requires good sit. awareness and a lot of discipline.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3702 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:10 AM

I am currently playing this in the Russian tree around the tier 6 and 7 heavies. I have no idea what I am doing, and I die all the time.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3703 on: July 31, 2013, 08:00:09 AM

I am currently playing this in the Russian tree around the tier 6 and 7 heavies. I have no idea what I am doing, and I die all the time.

Tier 6 Russian Heavies is where Shit gets realTM.  The KV-1S is widely considered the most overpowered tank at tier.  The cannon is the same used on the IS, one Tier above, and has the potential to one-shot virtually every Tier 4 and many Tier 5's.  Reload is a viscous bitch, but with equipment and a good crew you can get it down to roughly 13sec.  The IS (Tier 7) is where you start to get armor that can actually bounce shells.  You have to remember to angle... and then forget those skills when you get to the IS-3 as the IS-3 has pre-angled armor.  The T-150 and the KV-3 are the "super-heavy" side of the Russian tank line.  They are traditional bricks of steel, slow, very heavy armor for tier, but generally slab sided (the turret on the KV-3 is the exception).  You have to angle them to bounce shells, bully tanks, soak hits meant for teammates, and hope your team takes advantage of the opportunities you create. 

If you are really having a hard time, and you don't mind geeking out on World of Tanks, you can look up "Quickybaby" on Twitch.TV.  He's a pretty good player, and makes a very good set of videos.  I like him because he's a talker and explains in real-time why he is doing certain things and what could be done differently.  There are gallons of videos on YouTube as well.

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3704 on: July 31, 2013, 08:09:39 AM

On all IS variants until the 8 I'd say be aware of the angle you're pointing your front.  I shoot that front door all the damn time and do some serious damage at range even in low-pen vehicles like my Type 59.  Even on IS-3s, when the guys start turning, it's a flat-on view of the door. POW.

I'd agree the KV-1s is superpowered.  Man, I bounce shots off those fuckers with everything.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3705 on: July 31, 2013, 09:07:40 AM

Your strengths are in your gun and mobility.  I play my KV-1s and IS more like heavy mediums than I do heavies.  I'll find good cover in a contested area and play peek-a-boom and then use their reload time to relocate.  If you're top tier, you can bully most tanks as you'll always win a damage exchange.  Angling and rocking are your best allies in close quarters.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #3706 on: July 31, 2013, 04:22:42 PM

If you pick your spots with the T69 you can do some serious shit. It's actually a fantastic tank, but requires good sit. awareness and a lot of discipline.

It's probably my favorite tank. It used to snipe well. Great for ambushing. Sometimes it can even be bouncy.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3707 on: July 31, 2013, 04:36:06 PM

On all IS variants until the 8 I'd say be aware of the angle you're pointing your front.  I shoot that front door all the damn time and do some serious damage at range even in low-pen vehicles like my Type 59.  Even on IS-3s, when the guys start turning, it's a flat-on view of the door. POW.

I'd agree the KV-1s is superpowered.  Man, I bounce shots off those fuckers with everything.

I've read that WG is planning on nerfing the KV-1S, no info on how.  I can see them replacing the 122mm with something else because it is a little OP for its tier.  Maybe the 107mm that the KV-2 and T-150 get?  I just hope its not a nerf to its speed or maneuverability.  The 107mm as a replacement for the 122mm wouldn't be too much of a nerf as its still a very good gun for its tier.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3708 on: August 01, 2013, 07:53:36 AM

I've read that WG is planning on nerfing the KV-1S, no info on how. 

I hope it isn't until after August. I'm planning on going completely titcrazy with my KV-1S all month for that kill 30 tanks get 300,000 credits mission. Honestly, I think it's not that OP a tank for most people because they get cocky and forget that their hull has shitty armor and get blown up acting like a KV-3.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3709 on: August 01, 2013, 08:05:07 AM

Top WR among tier 6 commonly played tanks:

1) Hellcat = 50.79
2) KV1S = 50.43

Server average WR = 48.86

Both considered to be slightly overpowered.  Combination of alpha, camo, and mobility make the hellcat a nightmare in the right hands.  The Kv-1S is a tough nut to crack for other tier 6's due to armor, mobility, and alpha.  If you ever play TC's, you find both to be the most played tanks for this tier.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: