Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:06:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Software fix for PSP stuck pixels? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Software fix for PSP stuck pixels?  (Read 1095 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: June 10, 2005, 06:40:21 PM

Quote from: Driver Heaven
Do you have any dead pixels on your PSP? Really pissed about it? Had given up hope on having them work? Well, fret not, cuz I scoped this out on PSP Vault, and for the love of Hesus, 60% of the time it works for people. Check it out:

"Most people have been complaining to Sony about their stuck and dead pixels. Well I have done my research and I heard about a guy over at psphacks.net that had a LCD TV that had some stuck pixels and when he went to Best-Buy they gave him a dvd that flashed Red, Green and Blue over and over again. This supposedly "un-sticks" the stuck pixels, by calling them to do rapid changes (To my understanding). So I thought about it for a while, and I said, what the heck, I'll try it. So I made my own video that does this, and it works!

Admin edit: Several forums users have reported success with this video, though several have reported failures. You don't have much to lose, so just give it a shot and let us know your results.

So far, it has worked around 60% of the time. I tried it on my friend's that had 6 stuck pixels, and it fixed them all. The only real thing you can do is set the video to repeat and leave it on for a few hours. In Version 2.0, I have added a white screen and a black screen, so you can periodically check to see if your pixels have been fixed. This video works with all versions of the PSP, from 1.00 to 1.52; good luck with it to all of you."

You can get the file from their site HERE, plus read the article HERE too.

The guy that created this video... this is the guy Sony should hire.. like.. RIGHT NOW! F'ing brilliant.

A word about this: Make sure you run the video in full screen or zoom mode. It's also best to put this into repeat mode, and let it run for a while. This is not a 100% fix for the dead pixel issues as the reason for them can be something else other than the fact that they simply aren't firing properly. I will say this: It does work. I now have a fully functioning PSP. I used to have this one pixel that would display yellow instead of white, and not display blue. Now.. well now that the pixel has been slapped around it knows it's place.

Give it a shot.. you have nothing to lose by trying this.... NOTHING!

Just remember: Play it in full screen or zoom mode, put it on repeat, and let it run for a few hours. If it doesn't work, try leaving it sit overnight, or for a full day.

-Tip

According to various reports, it does work fixing stuck pixels, but not much help for dead ones.

Go over and read/download at your own risk.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 09:15:53 AM

Nice that should help out a lot of folks. At least they found a good way to get rid of a majority of stuck pixels. For truly dead pixels I doubt any amount of poking or kicking is going to make them start working again.

kaid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Software fix for PSP stuck pixels?  
Jump to: