Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 957667 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2730 on: August 30, 2015, 02:49:03 AM

I wish it had a traditional release date.

It does, but it's of the Duke Nukem Forever school of traditional.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2731 on: August 30, 2015, 02:57:00 AM

So we can expect a 2022 release of Star Citizen?  Hmm, they're doing better than I thought.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2732 on: August 30, 2015, 01:27:23 PM

I'm on a domestic flight in New Zealand and I just saw a guy with a Star Citizen tshirt on. Couldn't tell if he was kiwi or not.

- Viin
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #2733 on: August 30, 2015, 02:31:52 PM

Was he mixing drinks, or handling the onboard movie selection?
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2734 on: August 30, 2015, 02:33:13 PM

Was he mixing drinks, or handling the onboard movie selection?

Nice  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2735 on: August 30, 2015, 07:08:40 PM

Probably serving as ballast.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2736 on: September 01, 2015, 05:12:51 PM

10 for the Chairman: Episode 60

I Cut to the part that I feel directly relates to most criticism.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2737 on: September 01, 2015, 06:18:15 PM

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2738 on: September 03, 2015, 03:38:02 PM

So, looks like that guy received an answer from CIG legal department. I'll just quote the only paragraph that guy quotes inside the "twitlonger" post (I'll leave to you the pleasure of reading the entire thing):

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snct8k (EDIT: that link is dead, new one is: http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/08/interstellar-breach/comment-page-1/#comment-1624 )

"Your client's defamatory claims are entirely without merit and include unfounded allegations that the funds raised for the project were used improperly, even fraudulently. In this vain, your client is now asking for a "forensic accounting" to be made available to him. Firstly, there is obviously no legal basis for your client's request and your letter cites no such authority. Secondly, the ample information provided regularly on our extensive website, including monthly progress reports from each studio, published headcounts and the like, would enable any person familiar with the cost of game development to assess the proper spending of the funds raised. Your client claims to be such an experienced person, so we are a bit perplexed about this demand coming in particular from him.
In sum, your client's allegations and demands are completely without basis and hereby rejected in their entirety."

Now, of course SD is saying that he never lost a legal battle, that he'll destroy everything and everyone but I get the vague impression that he's gonna fall flat on his face with this one.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:56:26 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #2739 on: September 04, 2015, 11:08:46 AM

So, looks like that guy received an answer from CIG legal department. I'll just quote the only paragraph that guy quotes inside the "twitlonger" post (I'll leave to you the pleasure of reading the entire thing):

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snct8k (EDIT: that link is dead, new one is: http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/08/interstellar-breach/comment-page-1/#comment-1624 )

"Your client's defamatory claims are entirely without merit and include unfounded allegations that the funds raised for the project were used improperly, even fraudulently. In this vain, your client is now asking for a "forensic accounting" to be made available to him. Firstly, there is obviously no legal basis for your client's request and your letter cites no such authority. Secondly, the ample information provided regularly on our extensive website, including monthly progress reports from each studio, published headcounts and the like, would enable any person familiar with the cost of game development to assess the proper spending of the funds raised. Your client claims to be such an experienced person, so we are a bit perplexed about this demand coming in particular from him.
In sum, your client's allegations and demands are completely without basis and hereby rejected in their entirety."

Now, of course SD is saying that he never lost a legal battle, that he'll destroy everything and everyone but I get the vague impression that he's gonna fall flat on his face with this one.

The misspelling and the personal tone of that quote lead me to wonder if that was really drafted by an attorney, and if so how competent he/she is.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2740 on: September 10, 2015, 12:25:02 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2741 on: September 10, 2015, 02:34:47 PM

When did Snoop Lion get into the search engine bidness?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2742 on: September 10, 2015, 07:22:17 PM

The struggle is real.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2743 on: September 10, 2015, 07:50:44 PM

The misspelling and the personal tone of that quote lead me to wonder if that was really drafted by an attorney, and if so how competent he/she is.

It is likely from an "attorney" in the sense that they paid an unemployed recent Tier 4 law school graduate 100 bucks to write it.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2744 on: September 10, 2015, 11:05:54 PM

Hard to find good help when you're paying in digital ships.

-Rasix
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2745 on: September 11, 2015, 01:18:09 AM

Elon Musk is way ahead of Chris Roberts. Problem is, his real space ship is way more ready for real space flight than Roberts' fake space ship for fake space flight.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:19:45 AM by Falconeer »

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2746 on: September 11, 2015, 08:29:32 AM

Pfft, they rendered the shit out of that footage.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #2747 on: September 12, 2015, 07:35:45 PM

Elon Musk is way ahead of Chris Roberts. Problem is, his real space ship is way more ready for real space flight than Roberts' fake space ship for fake space flight.
Just wait till first passengers on the first launch find themselves rendered outside of the ship and in the real space because they didn't work out the 32bit floats precision issues, like Roberts' crew did.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2748 on: September 16, 2015, 05:22:31 PM

Pedro Macedo Camacho (main composer of SC) just posted what appears to be a more or less "final" version of the Star Citizen Main Theme on his YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poG3Wvb8FU8

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2749 on: September 16, 2015, 05:42:22 PM

Ugh, both Roberts and Schafer were my favorite game industry names to drop back in the day. How the mighty have fallen.

Even Serek Dmart is laughing.

Serek Dmart.

Derek Sm....

Wait, nevermind.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2750 on: September 22, 2015, 09:49:15 AM

So, SD just posted his latest straight-to-the-point, absolutely not digressive rant about Star Citizen:

http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/09/star-citizen-the-long-con/

Among the other things (no, you won't get a tl;dr version  why so serious?), he posted the full version of the letter he got from RSI, and, well, I'm not THAT sure it was a TRAMS move by him:

http://imgur.com/a/sAFXW

In the rant he posted, he defends himself about some of the "issues" brought up in the letter, such ass...err, as, the failed mail address, tax liens, bankruptcy etc.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2751 on: September 22, 2015, 12:19:55 PM

This fucking thing is 3 years old now. Ugh.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2752 on: September 22, 2015, 01:13:15 PM

Agree.  Needs an expansion to hold my interest.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #2753 on: September 22, 2015, 02:48:57 PM

SD was the expansion. People blow through the content way too quick nowadays.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2754 on: September 22, 2015, 02:55:01 PM

So, SD just posted his latest straight-to-the-point, absolutely not digressive rant about Star Citizen:

http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/09/star-citizen-the-long-con/

Among the other things (no, you won't get a tl;dr version  why so serious?), he posted the full version of the letter he got from RSI, and, well, I'm not THAT sure it was a TRAMS move by him:

http://imgur.com/a/sAFXW

In the rant he posted, he defends himself about some of the "issues" brought up in the letter, such ass...err, as, the failed mail address, tax liens, bankruptcy etc.

Man, what the fuck.  ALLLLLL these people are fucking retards.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2755 on: September 22, 2015, 07:43:35 PM

I really could only have dreamed I would have gotten this much entertainment from this project. Everything is just gravy at this point.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2756 on: September 23, 2015, 09:32:37 AM

SD was the expansion. People blow through the content way too quick nowadays.

Man, I'd call that a content pack.  Sure, there was a story but it was super short and the ending was phoned in.  We are just supposed to play the same event over and over.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2757 on: September 24, 2015, 10:23:44 AM

I guess smart has bitten back at the CIG letter but in so doing I don't think he actually actively, uh, denied some of the things that CIG accused him of doing.

Confirm/deny? I mean, smart is obsessive enough to go to town on them on anything he thinks he could actively refute so what does it mean if he doesn't defend himself from that they noticed he never downloaded the game or whatever
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #2758 on: September 24, 2015, 04:12:32 PM

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snh7pg

I have had Serek Dmart on facebook for a few months. It's been a good few months.

I can't read everything he produces, but it's just all amazing.

This Star Citizen stuff he's unearthing is going to make me forgive him for everything he did in the 90s.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2759 on: September 25, 2015, 01:38:22 AM

Seems like James Pugh (Community Manager) has been fired for real. Something's moving there.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2760 on: September 25, 2015, 01:59:06 AM

So, Smart only figured out back in July this was bullshit. Took him literally 22 months longer than me.

Isn't he supposed to be in mensa?
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2761 on: September 25, 2015, 03:04:27 AM

According to Smart they are almost out of money.

God...I hope so much that this is true. No offense to you suckers who gave them cash but man that would be so amusing.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2762 on: September 25, 2015, 06:43:41 AM

According to Smart they are almost out of money.

God...I hope so much that this is true. No offense to you suckers who gave them cash but man that would be so amusing.
I don't get this attitude.

I hope that somehow they manage to make an amazing space combat sim despite all the soda jerking. Why wouldn't we hope for a good game? Not saying there's a decent chance it will happen, but wouldn't you rather play an awesome game than sit around and tear people down?
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2763 on: September 25, 2015, 07:14:27 AM

but wouldn't you rather play an awesome game than sit around and tear people down?

Um. This is f13.net right?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2764 on: September 25, 2015, 07:21:50 AM

but wouldn't you rather play an awesome game than sit around and tear people down?

Um. This is f13.net right?
I thought folks had grown up by now  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: