Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: It's ok to screw vampires on television provided your clothes are on. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's ok to screw vampires on television provided your clothes are on.  (Read 1998 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: February 26, 2005, 09:48:58 AM

Quote from: Broadcasting & Cable
FCC OK's Clothed Sex With Vampire

By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 2/25/2005 1:46:00 PM

The FCC has concluded that it is OK to have sex with a vampire, so long as you keep your clothes on.

The Federal Communications Commission has denied a Parents Television Council indecency complaint against a sex scene in an episode of The WB Television Network's drama, Angel, that aired on WBDC(TV) Washington, D.C., and other affiliates of the netlet. The WB no longer airs the show.

The complaint involved a scene in the Nov. 19, 2003, broadcast in which a couple are apparently having sex. PTC described it this way: "Spike is on top of Harmony, their clothes are on, but his body rocks back and forth and their breathing is heavy. She tries to speak, but he tells her not to spoil the moment. Her eyes start to bleed, and suddenly she turns into her vampire self and bites his neck."

The FCC concluded that the sex scene was not patently offensive because it was brief, contained no nudity, and was not sufficiently graphic or explicit.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 04:06:40 PM

There have been a few other "sex" scenes in both Buffy and Angel, some more graphic than the one mentioned here.

Bruce
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 09:43:51 AM

I have seen every episode of Angel with the exception of the last half of the 5th season (DVD time!), and I don't even remember it. It obviously wasn't a big deal, except to the blue-haired grandmas WHO DON'T FUCKING WATCH THE SHOW IN THE FIRST PLACE. The FCC needs to lighten the fuck up.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 10:05:25 AM

The FCC needs to lighten the fuck up.

That is a wildly funny statement!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 04:18:13 PM

I have seen every episode of Angel with the exception of the last half of the 5th season (DVD time!), and I don't even remember it.

I think it happened in the first half of the 5th season, but it might have been the second.  The one where Spike becomes corporeal for a while and everyone starts having sex with everyone.

Bruce
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 04:20:58 PM

Was that the one where Angel was shagging Eve behind his desk? That was actually kinda hot...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: It's ok to screw vampires on television provided your clothes are on.  
Jump to: