Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:56:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: WAR to be released... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WAR to be released...  (Read 418325 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #280 on: July 31, 2008, 08:01:03 AM

I don't even think WoW had a completely open beta.  Did they?  I definitely wasn't in it, at least, but maybe I'm just a noob.

I think the last two weeks of WoW beta were completely open?  Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly.

Either way, I'm not like Haemish is on the Open Beta part, I don't need them to let me try the game for free so much.  But the NDA not breaking has me more and more nervous.

In September-ish they had a FilePlanet open preview that lasted approx 14 days.  I remember this because I did a one month sub to FP just to get in.  Late october they did a 2-3 week "open" beta as well.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: July 31, 2008, 08:01:07 AM

Wait, are they actually making a trading card game system for WAR?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #282 on: July 31, 2008, 08:01:28 AM

they won't, at any time during Beta, will do a truly open FFA Beta
I don't even think WoW had a completely open beta.  Did they?  I definitely wasn't in it, at least, but maybe I'm just a noob.
Yes they did. Except they had to cap it once 500K people signed up.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #283 on: July 31, 2008, 08:07:18 AM

Quote from: Gamestop
Open Beta Access: Be one of the first players to experience the glory of battle and the thrill of WAR! Open Beta will run from September 3, 2008 at 10am EST until September 12, 2008 at 10am EST. The Open Beta will level capped and content restricted.

FAIL!

See AOC's level capped and content restricted open beta if you need clarification.

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #284 on: July 31, 2008, 08:14:42 AM

Wouldn't the issue more be if the NDA is level restricted like AoC.

"Me am play gods"
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #285 on: July 31, 2008, 08:18:30 AM

Wouldn't the issue more be if the NDA is level restricted like AoC.

But right now the NDA is still in place for all content and they are level restricting the "Open" beta, which is really a 9 day pre-order sneak peak that is level capped and content restricted.  So what's your point again?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #286 on: July 31, 2008, 08:20:16 AM

No, the NDA is a separate bundle of fail.

Level-restricting an open beta just makes me think that the restricted parts aren't done. It also reminds me of DAoC where entire level bands of content just were not finished.

I'm hoping the game isn't a sack of fail. I want it to succeed, I like Mark Jacobs and Mythic because of their middleware approach to the creation of DAoC. But the less transparency there is this close to release and in open beta, the less faith I have in the product.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: July 31, 2008, 09:13:46 AM

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: July 31, 2008, 09:15:48 AM

No, the NDA is a separate bundle of fail.

Level-restricting an open beta just makes me think that the restricted parts aren't done. It also reminds me of DAoC where entire level bands of content just were not finished.

I'm hoping the game isn't a sack of fail. I want it to succeed, I like Mark Jacobs and Mythic because of their middleware approach to the creation of DAoC. But the less transparency there is this close to release and in open beta, the less faith I have in the product.

LOTRO level-restricted its Beta and it had all (or most) of its content done.  I think you are just looking for something to be annoyed about.

With respect to war...  NDA
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #289 on: July 31, 2008, 09:17:58 AM

LOTRO level-restricted its Beta and it had all (or most) of its content done.  I think you are just looking for something to be annoyed about.

Uhh, yeah and LoTRO sucked, thanks for helping make our point for us I guess?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: July 31, 2008, 09:21:19 AM

Uhh, yeah and LoTRO sucked, thanks for helping make our point for us I guess?

I liked LOTRO a good deal better than WoW (I still play with my wife and friends).  The PvE is great, the PvP is terribad (but so is WoWs).  But to each his own I guess. 
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #291 on: July 31, 2008, 09:37:20 AM

I liked LOTRO a good deal better than WoW (I still play with my wife and friends).  The PvE is great, the PvP is terribad (but so is WoWs).  But to each his own I guess. 

Are you currently under the NDA?  It was discussed earlier that it acceptable to say that.

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: July 31, 2008, 09:41:01 AM

Are you currently under the NDA?  It was discussed earlier that it acceptable to say that.

Yes I am, hence the  NDA in the previous post.  I just got in a few weeks ago.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #293 on: July 31, 2008, 09:45:39 AM

Yes I am, hence the  NDA in the previous post.  I just got in a few weeks ago.

Thanks, if someone in the knows defense of the NDA not being lifted is that it's just as good as LoTRO, then it made canceling my pre-order all that much easier!

I owe you one (technically I probably will end up owing you $204.14).

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: July 31, 2008, 09:46:36 AM

LOTRO is possibly one of the finest crafted MMOs ever made.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #295 on: July 31, 2008, 09:46:57 AM

Are you under the NDA as well?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: July 31, 2008, 09:47:26 AM

Whos?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: July 31, 2008, 09:48:14 AM

Wow, we're all working ourselves into that special Lum diaspora mood called "EVERYTHING SUCKS THIS WILL SUCK WAAAA LETS OVERREACT TO EVERY PIECE OF NEWS."  Simmer down and lets just see what the game's like come September.  

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #298 on: July 31, 2008, 09:49:25 AM

Wow, we're all working ourselves into that special Lum diaspora mood called "EVERYTHING SUCKS THIS WILL SUCK WAAAA LETS OVERREACT TO EVERY PIECE OF NEWS."  Simmer down and lets just see what the game's like come September.  

I don't think it's overreacting to save $204.14 and wait until I can get some real information about the game.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: July 31, 2008, 09:50:08 AM

Wow, we're all working ourselves into that special Lum diaspora mood called "EVERYTHING SUCKS THIS WILL SUCK WAAAA LETS OVERREACT TO EVERY PIECE OF NEWS."  Simmer down and lets just see what the game's like come September. 

I don't think it's overreacting to save $204.14 and wait until I can get some real information about the game.

ACK!

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #300 on: July 31, 2008, 09:50:35 AM

Whos?

Warhammer's.  I figure the more people that actually liked LoTRO that also seem to be defending Mythic and are under the NDA the more I feel like I've made a good move canceling my pre-order.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: July 31, 2008, 09:53:38 AM

No.

I didn't know i was "defending" Warhammer.
 Did you read what i said? It had nothing to do with likeing the game, even if i do.

Please do tell us what game you are playing, so we can all raise to the standard.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:55:36 AM by Mrbloodworth »

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: July 31, 2008, 09:54:12 AM

Warhammer's.  I figure the more people that actually liked LoTRO that also seem to be defending Mythic and are under the NDA the more I feel like I've made a good move canceling my pre-order.

Your reasoning skills are impeccable.  May I suggest you would be better served using them to solve crimes?  Go now, for the good of the City!!!!

Edit:  Seriously though, do whatever you want.  I'm making a statement about LOTRO and completeness at time launch related to open Beta.  I cannot and will not comment on WAR.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:57:52 AM by amiable »
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #303 on: July 31, 2008, 09:56:46 AM

Your reasoning skills are impeccable.  May I suggest you would be better served using them to solve crimes?  Go now, for the good of the City!!!!

So then your recommendation is to go ahead and spend the money site unseen?  If Mythic doesn't want to give me any, or only extremely limited, information about the game prior to release then I see no reason to keep my pre-order.  I bet I've made the wise move, I'll see you in the "WHAT WENT WRONG!?!" thread in the Warhammer subforums in 3 months.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: July 31, 2008, 09:58:14 AM

I'm not seeing where everyone is telling you to pre-order.  Head scratch

I thought everyone was Discussing the releace, and NDA's "To drop or not to drop".

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #305 on: July 31, 2008, 09:58:22 AM

Did you read what i said?

I try to avoid it.

Please do tell us what game you are playing, so we can all raise to the standard.

WoW.

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: July 31, 2008, 10:01:01 AM

So then your recommendation is to go ahead and spend the money site unseen?  If Mythic doesn't want to give me any, or only extremely limited, information about the game prior to release then I see no reason to keep my pre-order.  I bet I've made the wise move, I'll see you in the "WHAT WENT WRONG!?!" thread in the Warhammer subforums in 3 months.

/shrug

I don't work for mythic and I could care less whether you cancel your pre-order or not.  I'm reacting to the tantrum that you are throwing because Mythic/EA is making a business decision that you don't agree with.  

And seriously dude...  weren't you the one defending Conan until the bitter end?  I'll keep my own counsel as to what is or isn't a good game.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #307 on: July 31, 2008, 10:01:43 AM

I thought everyone was Discussing the releace, and NDA's "To drop or not to drop".

We were, and I'm saying "not drop" means "no preorder".  That seems like a safe bet.  Some people are saying "ohh the game's fine, we just can't say anything because of the NDA."  If they are right, so far not dropping the NDA has been a stupid move on Mythic's part.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #308 on: July 31, 2008, 10:03:23 AM

I don't work for mythic and I could care less whether you cancel your pre-order or not.  I'm reacting to the tantrum that you are throwing because Mythic/EA is making a business decision that you don't agree with.  

This is hardly a tantrum, this is me marking a thread so that I can bump it in 3 months and show you my wisdom. :)

I hope that Mythic proves me wrong, I want a PvP game that's playable and worth playing.

And AoC is still a way better game than LoTRO ever was, so I don't see where you're going with that.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: July 31, 2008, 10:03:49 AM

We were, and I'm saying "not drop" means "no preorder".  That seems like a safe bet.  Some people are saying "ohh the game's fine, we just can't say anything because of the NDA."  If they are right, so far not dropping the NDA has been a stupid move on Mythic's part.

No one said that.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #310 on: July 31, 2008, 10:05:56 AM

We were, and I'm saying "not drop" means "no preorder".  That seems like a safe bet.  Some people are saying "ohh the game's fine, we just can't say anything because of the NDA."  If they are right, so far not dropping the NDA has been a stupid move on Mythic's part.

No one said that.

You do realize that I wasn't making a direct quote, but instead generalizing on the dozens of  NDA posts above, right?  You really aren't actually as stupid as you pretend to be on the internet, are you?

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: July 31, 2008, 10:09:27 AM

And AoC is still a way better game than LoTRO ever was, so I don't see where you're going with that.

I really did LOL when I read this.  Age of Conan was a bug ridden steaming piece of crap that was broken after level 20.  In what way was it superior to LOTRO (besides hyped up box sales that a lot of folks, including yourself, have come to regret)? 

Show me on the doll where LOTRO touched you.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: July 31, 2008, 10:09:51 AM

I think amiable had it right.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #313 on: July 31, 2008, 10:09:55 AM

LOTRO is a good enough game, really.

However, content limited open beta combined with no NDA drop yet spells dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom to me. Maybe even with more 'o's.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #314 on: July 31, 2008, 10:11:44 AM

Show me on the doll where LOTRO touched you.

Right here on the "most boring game ever created followed by no end game and grindy as all fucking get out deed system" part of the doll.  It's just left of the crotch.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: WAR to be released...  
Jump to: