Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The South Shall Snack Again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The South Shall Snack Again  (Read 16004 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: July 09, 2008, 12:10:25 PM

... turkey backon...

I am going to laugh for days on end when people start keeling over from eating that crap instead of real bacon. Whatever chemicals they use to make turkey look and taste like pig can't be better for you than the alternative. Which of course is crispy pig bacony goodness.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #71 on: July 09, 2008, 12:14:31 PM

This thread makes me hungry.

Makes me slightly nauteous.  I can never eat a large breakfast.  My stomach needs some time to get it's act together in the morning.

Even if I could...  ACK! 

-Rasix
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: July 09, 2008, 12:39:59 PM

Breakfast is hands down my favorite meal of the day. My fiance is the opposite and probably exactly like you. I hop up in the morning ready to eat and she just looks at me with that "you're nucking futs" look that I get far more often than I feel I deserve. She'll eat breakfast... at least an hour later. And never as much as I do. Mmmmm.... loves me some breakfast!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #73 on: July 09, 2008, 12:57:16 PM

The eggs are looking at me!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: July 09, 2008, 01:04:50 PM

... turkey backon...

I am going to laugh for days on end when people start keeling over from eating that crap instead of real bacon. Whatever chemicals they use to make turkey look and taste like pig can't be better for you than the alternative. Which of course is crispy pig bacony goodness.

I misspelled it and left it as a symbol of it never being true bacon, but it  is just smoked and cured salted white and dark meat
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #75 on: July 09, 2008, 01:39:49 PM

I am not a morning person, but breakfast foods are just the bestest ever. Eggs with grits and bacon or sausage and pancakes or waffles or french toast...

FUCK I AM SO HUNGRY.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: July 09, 2008, 01:41:43 PM

I misspelled it and left it as a symbol of it never being true bacon, but it  is just smoked and cured salted white and dark meat

That was mostly my latent disdain towards people I know who go proseletyze on how bacon is carcinogenic and demand the foodservice stock turkey bacon for health reasons, yet the turkey bacon they want is the stuff that literally looks (minus the fat), has the texture of, and tastes like old fashioned bacon. Even though the list of weird food additives on the side of the box should send anyone who is concerned about carcinogens off the deep end.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #77 on: July 09, 2008, 01:52:47 PM

Breakfast for dinner is better than breakfast for breakfast. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 09, 2008, 01:57:30 PM

I can not find Grits in Canada.

I have looked for the past year.  No Grits in Toronto, Quebec, Montreal, Kingston, Vancouver and Halifax.

Also, no Scrapple.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: July 09, 2008, 02:07:40 PM

Breakfast for dinner is better than breakfast for breakfast. 

Very true.

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: July 09, 2008, 02:18:56 PM

I can not find Grits in Canada.

I have looked for the past year.  No Grits in Toronto, Quebec, Montreal, Kingston, Vancouver and Halifax.

Also, no Scrapple.

My wife can't stand Scrapple, but I'm okay with that.  It means there's more for me on the rare occasions I allow myself to buy it.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: July 09, 2008, 03:09:20 PM

Phô is a fucking tasty breakfast I'll have you know DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Hell yeah it is.  Probably the only breakfast food outside of cereal I actually eat.  I just... cannot stand southern breakfast foods.  My mother-in-law dragged us to places all over Texas and it was just... my heart...

Huh? I'm confused. Pho is Vietnemese Noodle soup, with Beef or other unidentifiable meat products. Are we talking bout the same thing as being a breakfast food?

It's a traditional Vietnamese breakfast as well and with a healthy helping of chilli sauce it really wakes you up  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Jashan
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: July 09, 2008, 05:08:58 PM

Nothing better for a hangover than Pho. That's why I've always considered it breakfast food.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: July 09, 2008, 05:16:38 PM

Doing a little Vietnamese is a great way to start the morning. 

Unless it is your live-in nanny.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #84 on: July 09, 2008, 05:25:17 PM

And why is that not as good?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: July 09, 2008, 05:27:18 PM

Huh? I'm confused. Pho is Vietnemese Noodle soup, with Beef or other unidentifiable meat products. Are we talking bout the same thing as being a breakfast food?
It's mostly for breakfast and lunch.  My Vietnamese friends (who grew up in Vietnam) all told me the same thing, not for dinner (but doable for lunch).
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The South Shall Snack Again  
Jump to: