Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 88530 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #210 on: October 30, 2006, 10:16:39 AM

How can you hate my sad, sad Bucs?   cry

Jon Gruden.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #211 on: October 30, 2006, 11:08:05 AM

Dammit, why is that trade still pending. I was kinda wanting to play Vick this week.

WTF

I did not have the option to approve, only reject.  My bad on the initial settings, I guess. Sorry about that.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #212 on: October 30, 2006, 12:23:15 PM

I actually did better this week than I thought I would. My pickup TE to replace my regular shitty TE put up a whopping 26 points. That guy could be a great find. My #1 defense had to play the Colts, so I expected a loss there. Also, can someone page Larry Fitzgerald and tell him to stop being such a pussy. It's a freaking hamstring injury, that's not something you miss four weeks with.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: October 31, 2006, 06:59:40 AM

The Roosters win!  Roosters win!  Thank you Tom Brady, now please get traded to the Steelers somehow.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #214 on: October 31, 2006, 09:00:54 AM

135-40.  LOL. Would have been worse if McNabb didn't have his worst game of the season.

Next week is a loss for me, McNabb and Boldin out v. a quality team with no real good options at QB available.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #215 on: October 31, 2006, 10:44:35 AM

135-40.  LOL. Would have been worse if McNabb didn't have his worst game of the season.

Next week is a loss for me, McNabb and Boldin out v. a quality team with no real good options at QB available.

I had to grab a QB off the waiver wire for our game, so it will probably be business as usual for Wu and the gang.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: November 01, 2006, 06:47:56 AM

The Roosters win!  Roosters win!  Thank you Tom Brady, now please get traded to the Steelers somehow.

I thought I had that one won. Fucker.

Brady, that is, not you

Having no reliable qb is making the other deficiencies in my team stand out even more. That's what I get for  having to work on draft day :(  I'm just glad I picked up Colston halfway through the first half of game one. I got lucky there, but that's about it this year,all the typical sleeper picks are locked up tight in this league.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:54:51 AM by sigil »
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #217 on: November 01, 2006, 12:13:12 PM

I don't think I have ever seen a FFL team fail to earn double digits at any position. Holy fuck. I never want to be the #1 drafter again. Ever.

I have never played WoW.
Rasix

Reply #218 on: November 06, 2006, 09:40:03 AM

I had to grab a QB off the waiver wire for our game, so it will probably be business as usual for Wu and the gang.

Do I know my boys or what? I don't think I'll be getting 60 points out of Wallace/Branch.  Thank you Joe horn, your replacement went for a 120 yards and 2 scores. Thanks Adam for those two field goal misses.

Anyone feel like upgrading my options at wide receiver? Gore, Johnson or Green are available given the right offer.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #219 on: November 06, 2006, 09:45:11 AM

If you win, I will at least have the consolation of watching the Seahawks kick the shit out of the Raiders, so it is all good.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #220 on: November 06, 2006, 09:51:14 AM

Thanks to the Bears shitting the bed, I ended up with a handy win, despite not having Burress or Berrian do shit. OH MY ACHING VAGINA! GO GO DOLPHINS!

Manning is just money, especially combined with Wayne. What the fuck happened to Atlanta though? It seems like they get up for one or two games, then forget how to play for another deuce.

The Steelers season is done. I'm so glad I dropped Santonio Holmes, his butterfingers on punt returns got him sent to the bench.

Looks like I'll move to 4th or stay at 5th. Wath out Wu's Pigs, I'm on coming for ya!!!!

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #221 on: November 06, 2006, 10:50:59 AM

Just call me King of the Single Digits!  I would guess Shaun doesn't play again this year and now McGahee will be out a few weeks at least.

My team has offically sown up the title of Piss Boy as I head to 2-11.

I have never played WoW.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: November 06, 2006, 01:30:14 PM

Vick does NOTHING for me this week, but it's nice to beat up on the bottom of the rankings every now and then.

Well, bottom after the final scores are posted tomorrow ;)

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #223 on: November 07, 2006, 08:35:58 AM

Bye weeks are annihilating me. There's nothing I can do with Steve Smith and Larry Fitzgerald on the sidelines in the same week. Makes me wish I'd actually live drafted to compensate for that inevitability.

I play the Drunks this week, and I'm going to say it'll be a tight match that I should win. Willy Parker will run all over the Saints, Denver's defense will tee off on the craptacular offense of the Raiders, and what could be better than our two QBs (Eli and Rexy) going head to head in the same match. This matchup will come down to one game, the Giants vs. the Bears, with me backing the Giants.

Prediction: The Giants play a close match with the Bears who are angry coming off a dissapointing loss, but end up losing in to a late TD they can't match: 24-17, but that won't be enough points to keep Parker, Denver, and Steve Smith at bay. I beat the Drunks 95-88.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #224 on: November 07, 2006, 08:58:19 AM

Don't count on Parker running all over the Saints. They've got a better run D than I thought, and their linebackers are better than expected. He might get a 100 yard game, but after seeing both teams this year, I'm not going to count on that. I'm glad to say I was totally wrong about the Saints team. They might make the playoffs, though I don't see them getting very deep.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: November 07, 2006, 04:50:05 PM

Yeah chi-town failed me in all aspects of the game last week but that won't happen in back to back games.  Grossman will bounce back and its nice knowing he won't have to worry about Strahan this week either.  The pressure of an undefeated season is off and the Bears D will get back to business on Eli's ass.  I'm still not sold with Jones as my starting RB as I never know when Cedric will step up and make him obsolete but not like I have anyone else to rely on.  I got Tatum Bell (backup again) and the rest are non-starters..... yeah RB hurt me big time this year.  My all talk WR core of Owens and Ocho Cinco haven't exactly saved my ass either but at least they are starters :p

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #226 on: November 08, 2006, 08:57:02 AM

Running back has become a hard position to pick all around. There are maybe 4-5 guys who you know are going to start and get you mad points (Larry Johnson, Tiki Barber, Deuce McCalister, Shaun Alexander, Tomlinson) and of those 5, Alexander's hurt. The rest are going to give you good points most weeks, and some weeks will just disappear, like Stephen Jackson, Deshaun Foster, Parker, Portis. The Denver situation is a mess, with Shanahan constantly switching up backs and those backs getting hurt. The rest are either also-rans (Droughns) or guys who should be lighting it up, but their O Line sucks monkey ass (Edge). With most teams going to two back rotations, there's just very little good picks left.

Rasix

Reply #227 on: November 08, 2006, 09:02:22 AM

My trio of backs has been pretty decent if unspectacular this season.  Rudi Johnson, Frank Gore and Ahman Green.  Green is the only one that recently has been putting up great numbers, somewhat like the Green of old.  All are heavily dependent on matchups and I hate having to play the matchup game and end up sitting the guy you picked first because he's running against Baltimore.

The problem is that all three have problems finding the end zone, because all three are on struggling offenses. But, they're loads better than some of the sad sacks y'all have to live with or having to fill the W/R slot with a bad second or third string WR.

-Rasix
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #228 on: November 08, 2006, 09:31:37 AM

If you are counting on Chicago, you need to be aware that Berrian is injured, and without a deep threat on the outside the D has a free safety to sit in the box, cover TEs freeing up an OLB for blitzing, or blitzing himself.  Their play action goes in the toilet without the over-the-top threat, which basically sums up the shit fest against the Dolphins.  Well, that, and Jason Taylor backing up his talk with a monster game.

In more important FFL news, it's nice to still be alive with my full team after the last 4 weeks of sucking.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #229 on: November 08, 2006, 10:36:29 PM

If you are counting on Chicago, you need to be aware that Berrian is injured, and without a deep threat on the outside the D has a free safety to sit in the box, cover TEs freeing up an OLB for blitzing, or blitzing himself.  Their play action goes in the toilet without the over-the-top threat, which basically sums up the shit fest against the Dolphins.  Well, that, and Jason Taylor backing up his talk with a monster game.

In more important FFL news, it's nice to still be alive with my full team after the last 4 weeks of sucking.

All good points about Chicago, and good reasons my predication about the matchup and my impending victory will be true.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: November 09, 2006, 09:31:33 AM

Apparently the Giants will be rolling out the practice squad on Sunday night, so maybe don't write off Chicago in that game just yet.  Who knows.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: November 10, 2006, 03:53:27 PM

Too bad we don't have live scoring, because I'm sure everyone wishes they could spend Sunday frantically pounding f5 so as not to miss a single play of the Commish-Roosters Battle for the Basement!

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
WayAbvPar

Reply #232 on: November 10, 2006, 04:01:00 PM

Stattracker allows for live scoring updates =)

Rasix

Reply #233 on: November 12, 2006, 09:18:32 AM

Rudi missed a practice, will not start.  Not sure I want to play him now.  If his backup plays well or they get down early, he may not get many touches.

Fucking Bengals.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #234 on: November 12, 2006, 01:48:05 PM

Chad Johnson just ate me alive. 11 catches, 260, and 2 TDs! 40 fucking points!!!

DAMMIT!

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: November 12, 2006, 07:13:52 PM

OCHO CINCO RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #236 on: November 13, 2006, 08:58:31 AM

What a down week I had. Luckily, I'm only 1 point behind and Keyshawn is playing tonight against Tampa. I hope that means he'll wash out his vagina and actually catch some goddamn balls instead of dropping them. He has to catch at least 20 yards. He can do that, right?

Both games I watched yesterday sucked. Steelers/Saints was a game of who could fuck up less (or last). Fumble, fumble, fumble. Parker impressed me though, tearing the Saints D a new one. The Giants/Bears game was the same way, fumble fumble fumble. I get tired of watching two teams try to outsorry each other.

WayAbvPar

Reply #237 on: November 13, 2006, 09:16:59 AM

Holy mother of God. I am glad the Seahawks only have to play the Rams twice a year...each game takes a few months off my life. Went to the game yesterday...wow. It was SO much fun, and would have sucked SOOOO badly if they had lost. The team is just wracked with injuries, but they keep finding ways to win. Hopefully everyone will get healthy in time for a nice deep run into the playoffs.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: November 13, 2006, 09:29:31 AM

The Giants/Bears game was the same way, fumble fumble fumble. I get tired of watching two teams try to outsorry each other.

It's amazing that Rex seems to only have two speeds, God Mode and Total Noob.  Fortunately he was able to turn on the former at the two minute warning of the first half.  And then it's like he's a machine.  Just so bizarre to watch. 

And Hester standing in the end zone with the ball, watching the Giants walk off the field for 2 seconds before going *immediately* into Ludicrous Speed was so fucking awesome.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #239 on: November 13, 2006, 09:46:03 AM

And Hester standing in the end zone with the ball, watching the Giants walk off the field for 2 seconds before going *immediately* into Ludicrous Speed was so fucking awesome.

That seems to be a symptom of the Coughlin Giants. They will go along doing good things and then all of a sudden both the coach and the players will just have some kind of seizure where they forget everything about how the game is played. It's like they forget they are even playing football. They become the most penalty-ridden grabasstic bunch of twits to walk the face of the earth. Their success just depends on how long they stand there with that stupid look on their face before waking up.

In this game, it was over when that touchdown occurred.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #240 on: November 13, 2006, 12:30:07 PM

I play the Drunks this week, and I'm going to say it'll be a tight match that I should win. Willy Parker will run all over the Saints, Denver's defense will tee off on the craptacular offense of the Raiders, and what could be better than our two QBs (Eli and Rexy) going head to head in the same match. This matchup will come down to one game, the Giants vs. the Bears, with me backing the Giants.

Prediction: The Giants play a close match with the Bears who are angry coming off a dissapointing loss, but end up losing in to a late TD they can't match: 24-17, but that won't be enough points to keep Parker, Denver, and Steve Smith at bay. I beat the Drunks 95-88.

Well, the first part of my prediction was good, Parker did run all over the Saints and put up 35 points, Denver D did a decent job against Oakland for 15 points, You'd think with my D and one runningback putting up 50 points I'd be in stellar shape. Oh but no, the Drunks set a new record in one week points with 152, and Eli goes NEGATIVE! Kudos to the Drunks, that's an unreal week.

Rasix

Reply #241 on: November 16, 2006, 02:45:21 PM

How the fuck did I just win last week's game? I think I was 8-2 yesterday.

Not that I'm complaining... playoff spot clinched.  Yay.

-Rasix
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: November 16, 2006, 03:06:12 PM

Nov 15 Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily news, reports the NFL has changed Philadelphia Eagles WR Reggie Brown's catch and fumble that resulted in a fumble recovery and touchdown for RB Correll Buckhalter has been changed. The NFL ruled Brown did not have possession before Buckhalter caught his deflection, giving Buckhalter a 55-yard touchdown reception instead of a fumble recovery. WR Reggie Brown now has one catch for 18 yards during the Week 10 game. QB Donovan McNabb now has 257 yards passing in addition to the 55-yard touchdown pass.
Rasix

Reply #243 on: November 16, 2006, 03:14:25 PM

EL-OH-EL. 

You know what, when I saw that play I was jumping up and down screaming "That's a catch. He never had possession.  THAT'S MY TOUCHDOWN."  My wife can attest to this.   I didn't know they actually looked back at that stuff and would correct it.

Big matchup next week. How the hell do you have 4 losses with that lineup?

-Rasix
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: November 16, 2006, 03:30:35 PM

Shitty bye week management.  QB and TE one week, WRs the next, RBs the week after that, and then Def and K took the week off.  So, with crappy waiver work over the first four weeks by me, I had depth issues that killed me for four weeks straight.  Although one of those losses was like 104-102 or something.

Seem to be back on track now though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  
Jump to: