Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5 Day 2 Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 5 Day 2 Predictions  (Read 2998 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: October 15, 2011, 01:30:42 PM

I had a 66% strike rate for day 1 so let's see how that goes on with day 2!

Division 1:
Celer vs IainC - Celer has the team with the skills and Elven Bullshit is guaranteed from both directions. Even with the inducements I'll be getting I don't see a lot of ways for me to get past this. High scoring, low casualty match. 4-3 to Celer. Actual result: 4-3 to me
Comstar vs Proudft - The Beetles are a tough team and the Catfighters are carrying a bit of extra weight this season. Are the glory days of the Amazons behind them? I think so. 2-1 Proudft. Actual result: 2-0 Comstar
Paelos vs Ingmar - Following his demolition of the Catfighters, Ingmar has to be the favourite to win the division now. Paelos will have a lot of inducements but Beardstorm should swat the Chaos team aside with ease. 2-0 Ingmar. Actual result: 2-0 Ingmar
Sjofn vs Carnifex - A close match but I predict that Skinks will wriggle their way past Sjofn's manly men when it counts. 2-1 Carnifex. Actual result:  3-1 Carnifex.

Division 2:
Haemish vs AndyDavo - Haemish has come along a lot in the last couple of seasons but he's going to run into a wall here. 4-0 Andy Davo. Actual result: 4-0 AndyDavo
Reborne vs Avaia - The Wrestlers have the punch where it counts and Nurgle teams are notoriously unforgiving. Despite Avaia's half mill or so in inducements, I can't see Reborne losing this. 2-1 Reborne. Actual result: 2-0 Avaia
Falconeer vs Lamaros - Match of the day for me. Should be a high scoring match with plenty of action. 3-3 draw. Actual result: 2-1 Lamaros
Luckton vs Megrim - Megrim's rookie Vamps fed well on the Ogres in their previous match and I think that the Halflings will provide another tasty meal. 2-0 Megrim. Actual result: 3-0 Megrim

Division 3:
Kailas vs Ginaz - Goblins vs a developed lizard team is unlikely to go well for the Greenskins. 2-1 to Ginaz. Actual result: 1-1 Draw
ICE vs Strazos - Diplomatic Immunity are one of the power teams of the league and, while ICE will give them a hard match I expect them to win here. 3-2 Strazos. Actual result: 2-1 Strazos
Ulysees vs Teleku - Elven Bullshit will take the day. 3-1 Teleku. Actual result: 2-1 Teleku
Krummi vs Ramas - Krummi is going to have a lot of inducements against the Silver Horde. It might be enough as well. 3-1 Krummi. Actual result: 4-1 Ramas

Division 4:
Ruvaldt vs Cancklebiter - The Ex-Presidents are one of the strongest teams in this division and will be looking for a perfect record to the playoffs. 2-0 Ruvaldt. Actual result: 2-0 Ruvaldt
Drogg vs Catfud - Should be a close game with a lot of blood being spilt on both sides. I predict that the Lizards will take it though - 2-1 Drogg. Actual result: 1-0 Catfud
Bann vs Ezrast - Noob Elves vs a fully developed Human team should be a match to watch. Inducements plus Elven Bullshit might carry the day but I suspect that it won't. 3-2 Bann. Actual result: 3-0 Bann
SirT vs Brocktoon - The Goblins held the Dandies to a draw against the odds in their previous match and SirT still has a lot to learn about his team. SirT to score his first TD of the season but the Goblins to take the win. 3-1 Brocktoon. Actual result: 2-1 SirT

Bring on the games!

8/16 plus 3 scores predicted exactly.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:53:20 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 03:51:38 PM

I'm not going to get a prediction in my favor at all this season, am I right?  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 04:06:11 PM

Win one and you might!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 04:36:15 PM

Win one and you might!

Oh it's cool...go ahead and underestimate me.  Will make that upsetting victory all the more sweeter  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 05:10:45 PM

Division 1:
Celer vs IainC - Elf Bullshit on all sides. 3-3 Draw. 4-3 IainC
Comstar vs Proudft - The undead are starting with 250K of inducements, but still don't have anyone who can pick up the ball. I've trimmed my team a bit, and though his ST 5 Mummies are going to be painful, I think I can dodge around a team with only 1 player with tackle. 3-1 to the Amazons. 2-0 Amazons
Paelos vs Ingmar - Following his demolition of the Catfighters, Ingmar has to be the favourite to win the division now. 3-0 Dwarves. 2-0 close.
Sjofn vs Carnifex - Sjofn surprised me with a win in the first round, but Carnifex is a very good player whose beaten me before. 2-1 to the Lizards. 3-1 close enough
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:10:01 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:51:45 PM

Can I improve on my 71% from round one?

Division 1:
Celer vs IainC - Draw for this one. {Close, but not close enough}
Comstar vs Proudft - Catfighters will bounce back, or the season is over.
Paelos vs Ingmar - Dwarves will march on. They have to love this division they're in.
Sjofn vs Carnifex - A draw!

Division 2:
Haemish vs AndyDavo - Andy will crucify Haem's weakened rats.
Reborne vs Avaia - Avaia to win a tight one.
Falconeer vs Lamaros - I have my rat ogre and a GR out, with no bench, while Falc is only missing a block linewoman. I will have a very hard time here and will need some good inducements to go my way. Tipping myself regardless.
Luckton vs Megrim - Vampires to go on and lock in a likely top 4 place with a win here.

Division 3:
Kailas vs Ginaz - Goblins with a draw!
ICE vs Strazos - Ice will need to win and I think he can. {Once again Strazos proves me wrong. You'd think I would learn.}
Ulysees vs Teleku - Teleku seems to have found his mojo, another win here.
Krummi vs Ramas - Ramas to win.

Division 4:
Ruvaldt vs Cancklebiter - Chaos reigns.
Drogg vs Catfud - Llyse to bounce back and smash some lizards.
Bann vs Ezrast - A draw. {Wildly wrong with this one, Bann smashed it!}
SirT vs Brocktoon - SirT to pinch a win after tackling all the goblins.

Lots of draws predicted this round.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:54:25 PM by lamaros »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 06:29:45 PM

Win one and you might!

Oh it's cool...go ahead and underestimate me.  Will make that upsetting victory all the more sweeter  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Yeah, but once you win people overestimate you for a while, and it's annoying.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 09:27:32 PM

HAH, someone picked me to score 3 TDs in a single game.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 10:26:05 AM

People picked me to sore 1 touchdown  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:20 PM

I was 66% on Day One: 10 - 5 - 1.

Division 1:
Celer vs IainC - 3 - 1 Celer. Though I really like IainC's team I think Celer's players are pretty well developed and it'll be hard to make up for that with inducements; a wizard can only turn over the ball once and these elves were built to score over and over.  
Comstar vs Proudft - 3 - 1 Comstar.  Comstar should bounce back today without too much trouble.
Paelos vs Ingmar - 2 - 0 Ingmar.  Not-very-developed Chaos team versus Dwarves?  Paelos would need some serious nuffling to win this one.
Sjofn vs Carnifex - 1 - 1 Draw.  Sjofn will pound some skinks into the pitch and force a draw in this low scoring affair.

Division 2:
Haemish vs AndyDavo - 4 - 0 AndyDavo.  Haemish is recovering after his match against Lamaros and also playing the defending champion of the past two seasons so I don't see this one turning out very well for him.
Reborne vs Avaia - 2 - 0 Rebourne.  A young Nurgle team doesn't have many weapons against an advanced Ogre squad.  Unless Rebourne has serious bonehead problems he should rebound from his loss last week into a victory here.
Falconeer vs Lamaros - 3 - 2 Lamaros.  It should be an awesome match, but Skaven are hard to stop even with serious injuries.  Lamaros will get some nice inducements since he's missing a lot of TV this match; win to Lamaros.
Luckton vs Megrim - 2 - 1 Megrim.  This is one of three matches this season that I think Luckton could actually tie or even win.  The problem is that he won't get as many inducements as he did in last week's match, and his newness to the game will be outclassed by Megrim's experience.  I foresee a close game though.

Division 3:
Kailas vs Ginaz - 3 - 0 Ginaz.  Lizards tend to play very well against goblin squads and Ginaz's team is reasonably well developed so the victory should be fairly robust.
ICE vs Strazos - 2 - 1 ICE.  I like ICE in this game, though I guess the smart money is on Strazos.  ICE knows how to spend inducements though and I think he'll put together a winning game.
Ulysees vs Teleku - 3 - 1 Teleku.  Teleku will continue doing what Telekus does: scoring touchdowns and suffering injuries.
Krummi vs Ramas - 2 - 1 Silver Horde.  Krummi will get a ton of inducements, but they're so unpredictable that Silver Horde still has the edge.

Division 4:
Ruvaldt vs Cancklebiter - 10 - 0.  In a spectacular display of violence and bloodlust the Ex-Presidents will drink blood from the skulls of Cancklebiter's skeletons and then use their mummies' wrappings for toilet paper.
Drogg vs Catfud - 1 - 1 Draw.  Llyse will score his first TD of the season, but so will Drogg.  Drogg will have some very serious injuries, however.
Bann vs Ezrast - 2 - 1 Ezrast.  Bann has a good human team, but they're not quite built to stop Ezrast and the inducements he'll get.
SirT vs Brocktoon - 1 - 0 SirT.  It's tough for a goblin team to win against any dwarven squad so I'm predicting a win for SirT here.  I might predict a draw or even a win for the goblins, but they're not going to get inducements of any significant value seeing as how SirT's team is so new.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:10:17 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 08:33:25 AM

I'll pick my division

Celer vs IainC - 1-1 tie. Neither will be happy with their bad dice
Comstar vs Proudft - 2 - 1 Comstar.  Comstar lets in a bad one but wins.
Paelos vs Ingmar - 3 - 0 Ingmar.  My team is not ready for this level of competition.
Sjofn vs Carnifex - 2 - 0 Carnifex.  I've seen what those lizards do to bashy teams. Not a lot of weaknesses on this squad.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:13:52 AM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 08:09:12 AM

12/16 from this round, and now up to 8/8 from my group this season!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 11:15:33 AM

I was right on 3/4 from my division on the winners, but I predicted a tie on IanC and Celer.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 11:23:59 AM

I was right on 3/4 from my division on the winners, but I predicted a tie on IanC and Celer.

I was pretty baffled as to how you'd think that an Elf v Elf affair would end with such a low score. I can see calling a draw but 1-1?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 11:44:27 AM

I always forget about Elven Bullshit. I play Poundball, remember.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 5 Day 2 Predictions  
Jump to: