Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1009488 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4305 on: October 31, 2014, 02:10:23 AM

Or just use trial mechs.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:13:25 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4306 on: October 31, 2014, 11:22:59 AM

Halloween giveaways this weekend.

I'll say this those barstards at PGI are pretty good at giving me reasons to play MWO over the weekends.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4307 on: November 04, 2014, 01:19:01 PM

Video Log #9

Sneek peek of decals (at the beginning), King Crab (around 12:20), and the new Swamp map (17:25).

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4308 on: November 05, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

How are the new quirks. Noticeable?

Btw did I read the schedule right, should the Timberwolf be available for credits next week? I know it's cheesy but I've got 15 mil creds lieing around.

Lastly, am I the only one who hates Stormcrows? Or am I just a shitty pilot? Bought a c version on sale and it fucking sucks. I have however come to apprieciate my Shadowhawks , especially my 5M with two high mounted Ac5s ..it really pisses off people when I shoot them and they can't shoot back  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4309 on: November 05, 2014, 09:52:42 AM

They are very noticeable.

If they had been done with respect to the lore and with actual long-term vision so that they would always make sense even as new mechs or new weapons or new variants were added...  They would be the best thing that has ever happened to MWO.

Instead they are just more metagaming and more "comp" players (all 8 teams, if that, that are left) setting the agenda and pissing all over the lore.

The game is more balanced and fun (lots more out there builds at least for now until we find the truly broken stuff) but as usual when the BTech parts of the game are shit on I just don't even feel like playing anymore.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4310 on: November 05, 2014, 09:55:29 AM

Some of them are a bit mental, but how do you figure 'shit on' ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4311 on: November 05, 2014, 10:01:35 AM

I haven't been able to stomach counting it all out but I'm pretty sure its well under half that even halfway respect the stock/intended/iconic weapon systems for that particular variant.

What's worse is that many variants get quirks for tech that is far too advanced for that variant, while t2 variants are hit and mess on getting the t2 version quirks. I get that that may seem like a neckbeardy complaint but its just so fucking retardedly short sighted on PGI's part. There are T2 "upgrade" variants for many many many mechs. If they did these quirks the smart way with respect for the canon then you can release the "upgrade" variants, which have exactly the same hardpoint layout (as a mech in-game) but now they get ER or Pulse or UAC or LBX quirks instead of the T1 weapon quirks. Its so fucking simple. Follow the goddamn lore and it does all the hard work for you.

But instead they have def created some OP abominations (give it a a week and which those are will be getting obvious) while catering to players that are less than 5% of the playerbase.

Great examples of "fuck lore".
-The entire Dragon line is a mess of meta builds and what comp-squirrels told them to do.
-The CPLT-K2 doesn't get PPC quirks.
-No attempt at anything but meta firestarters.
-SRM vs LRM is a shitshow. KTO-18 gets LRM's, all Cents and Griffins get SRM's. Except its SRM range only for most of them so its just double retardation.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:05:34 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #4312 on: November 05, 2014, 03:56:09 PM

So I just built a Vindicator that I really dig. 3 AC/2's, 2 MPL's, XL 235, Ferro, Endo, and dual heatsinks. Also JJ's and AMS.

Basically I play as a fire support mech and use my AC range to cover the other mechs in my lance. I may try and switch the MPL's for something else though... I do have a free missile hardpoint!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4313 on: November 06, 2014, 01:20:36 AM

Support means more LRMs! They induce panic, no matter how many you have.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4314 on: November 06, 2014, 01:27:13 AM

Despite the nerf, lurms seem to be the flavour at the moment.  Quite a few games last night where metal rain was the order of the day.

It wasn't that much fun.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #4315 on: November 06, 2014, 01:50:28 AM

It always goes back to that, it really feels pointless piloting anything other than an ecm enabled mech. 
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4316 on: November 11, 2014, 11:57:01 AM

Guessing it is going to be Timberwolf city tonight. Fun times.

Actually sold my Stormcrow yesterday. After 20 matches I fucking hated the useless POS. I maybe the only person in MWO who hates Stormcrows but there you go.

Might start a light mech path this week, deciding on Commandos (for super fast shits and giggles) or Raven.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4317 on: November 11, 2014, 01:08:02 PM

I love Commandos myself, but Ravens generally seem to do more damage.  On either model the non-ECM variants will probably make you pull your hair out though.  I love lights and I still get frustrated at times.

Not sure how things are with the quirks and the new role bonuses.  They may be more viable to play in ways that don't encourage you to take on an Atlas toe-to-toe.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4318 on: November 11, 2014, 03:43:36 PM

Despite the nerf, lurms seem to be the flavour at the moment.  Quite a few games last night where metal rain was the order of the day.

It wasn't that much fun.

BAP is really powerful now (360m range). ECM pilots haven't learned anything yet and so the cloak of skill isn't useful in solo queue.

People are responding to that by trying to lurm things. Its not a lurmpocalypse because lrm's still suck but it feels like one if your team is too timid to do anything but wait to die.

AMS is not useless for IS any longer (2k rounds per 1t of ammo). If your team brings 4+ AMS you can often walk through the lrms and just brawl the other team's face off if they brought too many boats.

Shannow, the SCR is amazing dude, I have no idea what to say to that.

I love Commandos myself, but Ravens generally seem to do more damage.  On either model the non-ECM variants will probably make you pull your hair out though.  I love lights and I still get frustrated at times.

Not sure how things are with the quirks and the new role bonuses.  They may be more viable to play in ways that don't encourage you to take on an Atlas toe-to-toe.

I think quirks made the biggest difference for the light weight class. If you consider yourself a light pilot you really ought to check it all out. The reward rework has been reworked and generally feels like its in a pretty shit place to me. YMMV. I'm hoping there is another revision in the pipes.

-William Gibson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4319 on: November 12, 2014, 12:51:11 AM

I love Commandos myself, but Ravens generally seem to do more damage.  On either model the non-ECM variants will probably make you pull your hair out though.  I love lights and I still get frustrated at times.

Not sure how things are with the quirks and the new role bonuses.  They may be more viable to play in ways that don't encourage you to take on an Atlas toe-to-toe.

I like them. If you equip the 5x with JJs and 2 Large lasers with 2 machine guns it is a superb raider bouncing around and shooting things up and swapping in to exploit breaks in peoples armour. It has an Energy range increase as well now. The 2X has a bad rep simply because its not as good as the other 2 but in fact its not bad at all. People tend to underestimate it and then get a bunch of SRMS in the face for their trouble. Its not a Jenner but then no other light is. I had fun with it lobbing LRMs as well.

I played a game with my Raven-3L yesterday and yeah I was caught once or twice by the anti-jamming, but as long as you pay attention you can scoot out of range of it. I actually had a lot of fun playing ECM protector. Had a fair punch too with the lasers and streaks. Not sure how much that had to do with quirkes and how much had simply to do with my much better internet connection, but I was feeling much better in control and effective than I did before and was enjoying myself more as well.

Anyone want to arrange an F13 night again, btw?

Hrm, I suppose Id have to buy a kit fox or 3 if I wanna do the same role as a clanner...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:54:57 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4320 on: November 12, 2014, 01:19:50 AM

I'd love to do another f13 night but I am caught up in a very nasty Smite addiction phase again, so I am using this time to recharge my MWO batteries for the inevitble Community Warfare craze coming in about 6 weeks. I'll start to bug you all again to play together around Christmas.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4321 on: November 12, 2014, 02:05:17 AM

Just let me know.  Always up for shedding the PUG game and actually having fun.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4322 on: November 12, 2014, 07:12:24 AM

F13 night sounds fun. What time of day though since we are fairly spread out no?

Bought a RVN-3L last night and though the sample size is small (4 matches) it feels kinda like easy mode. Run around, TAG shit, shoot an occasional assault in the back. No one hardly shoots back cause of size and ECM.
I'll also give credit to PGI for reworking the rewards system to help out light pilots, I averaged 900-1000xp in my first 4 matches and only did over 200 damage once.
A lot of fun though to use a different play style.

Is there a way to toggle TAG on? So I don't have to hold down the fire button assigned to it?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4323 on: November 12, 2014, 08:06:55 AM

The 3L is still one of the best mechs in existence.

I took mine out the other night and it was so much better than the kitfoxes, I was rather stunned.  It's not even the XP as I've mastered all of them.  It just handled much better.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4324 on: November 12, 2014, 09:29:06 AM

Is there a way to toggle TAG on? So I don't have to hold down the fire button assigned to it?

Not without using a macro or some kind of gamer keyboard. I just have it set on every weapon group and one on its own which works fine for me. Having it on all the time would not be optimal anyway as it can give away your position. If you do a search for TAG toggle macros and stuff you can find plenty of them around if you want to do that.

Personally I don't use TAG on my raven, but it's been a while since I played last and I can't remember why I stopped.  swamp poop I think I just wanted the 3 laser damage. Oh and I got the achievement for having less than 40% left at the end of the game this morning. Ravens can soak up quite a bit of fire  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ans for an F13 night I'm UK time but I've been known to be pretty nocturnal.

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4325 on: November 12, 2014, 09:57:09 AM

Have you played TAG since they put in the new rewards? It's worth your while.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4326 on: November 12, 2014, 10:07:13 AM

Probably not. I used to use it to fast level up my mechs because of the xp boost.

I'll probably put it beck on tomorrow to try it out again.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:19:05 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4327 on: November 12, 2014, 10:26:52 AM

Ok, I've just now read the October patch notes on TAG and I'm going WTF?? TO SMURFY!!!!

I was seeing "Protected Light" etc flashing up on my HUD and was wondering what that was about. Saweeet!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4328 on: November 13, 2014, 08:59:21 AM

I'm actually having genuine fun in this game without even worrying about damage. Ran around NARCing stuff last night in my RVN-2X and watching the subsequent LRM hell that fell on that poor mech, oh its nice to be on the other end of that. Do about 60 damage but getting as much XP as the 400 dam 3 kill match I had in my SHD (I think that's a little screwy).

Just nice to be able to play an entirely different play style and it be effective.

Then I took a look at the quirk list and dusted off my QKD-5K with two PPCs. Are PPCs still a little slow? Yes (and the results in my first match were comical as I was completely out of practice aiming them, I had to have missed 60% of my shots) but the rate at which I can fire them now makes it very pew pew and useful again (several 400+ damage games).

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4329 on: November 13, 2014, 11:52:53 AM

Just did 412 damage, 6 component destructions and the Hat trick Achievement (3 kills) in My Raven 4X. I had fun :)

I had an auditory bug with the machine guns though which was very annoying. They kept sounding like they were firing when they weren't :S

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4330 on: November 13, 2014, 11:54:34 AM

That's an old one.  They still ain't fixed it.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4331 on: November 13, 2014, 12:15:32 PM

Just did 412 damage, 6 component destructions and the Hat trick Achievement (3 kills) in My Raven 4X. I had fun :)

I had an auditory bug with the machine guns though which was very annoying. They kept sounding like they were firing when they weren't :S

Buying my 4X tonight. What build do you use?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4332 on: November 13, 2014, 01:13:46 PM

XL 255 engine, 2 Large Lasers in the right arm, 2 Machine Guns in the left arm w 1 ton ammo in the head, 238 armour, 4 JJs. Endo and Ferro and Double heat sinks.

It might not be the "best" build out there but by God I love it. You can bounce around slashing, or snipe a bit, or charge in and warm the back of a nice assault. And if you see an ope location you can MG it to death. Basically don't stop moving and use those Jets.

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4333 on: November 13, 2014, 01:38:20 PM

Hrrm with that build and armor I could only fit 2 JJs.. XL 255, 2LL, 2MG - 1 ton ammo, 232 armor. DHS, Endo and FF

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4334 on: November 13, 2014, 02:08:35 PM

Well I just ran it through smurfy and it all fits with 4 JJs and 232 armour. You sure you stripped it?

Hic sunt dracones.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4335 on: November 13, 2014, 02:22:26 PM

Ahh nevermind failboat on my part. Gonna try this build tonight.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4336 on: November 13, 2014, 02:25:24 PM

Cool, hope it works for you. And sorry about the 238 armour typo in my description.

Hic sunt dracones.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4337 on: November 14, 2014, 04:28:36 AM

I got no business carrying an AC10, 4 er medium lasers, 2 SRM 6's, jump jets, and three machine guns on a mech that goes 90 and has heavy armor
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4338 on: November 14, 2014, 09:33:00 AM

Faction challenge this weekend

No chance of winning MC but there is a 100k bonus for each match scoring over 130 PGI points (Kills x 10) + (Assists x 20) + (Damage - Team Damage)/15

Note that's 20 points for each assist, so 6 assists will just about guarantee you a free 100k creds (you can earn up to 10 mil)

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4339 on: November 14, 2014, 09:59:26 AM

So what happens if I switch to a House now that I'm in Bat Country?  Does it not let me?  Does it kick me from the guild?  I'm not particularly interested in messing things up to no end just to test.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: