Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:52:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1009486 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3780 on: June 06, 2014, 08:25:26 AM

Also, they've never picked up another mechs arm and beat the fucker to death with it.
Or set a forest on fire or shot an SRM-2 Inferno as infantry.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3781 on: June 06, 2014, 08:40:22 AM

I've never played the tabletop and we're talking about a video game - it's up to the very capable development studio to continue their tour de force of balancing weapons, mechs and associated systems.  I'm sure that they have thought through all of this.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Heart
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:44:18 AM by Ironwood »

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3782 on: June 06, 2014, 10:02:12 AM

Or had your bloody light mech get cored and set off a reactor explosion that killed the bitch what killed you.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #3783 on: June 06, 2014, 10:06:49 AM

Or had your bloody light mech get cored and set off a reactor explosion that killed the bitch what killed you.

Haha, I took out 4 mechs in just that fashion when my firestarter got a bit to hot.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3784 on: June 06, 2014, 11:18:37 AM

Ghost heat still a thing? Have they added actual aim penalties to overheating yet? Have they added cone of fire yet?  Beating a Dead Horse

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3785 on: June 06, 2014, 11:34:12 AM

Geez Hoax only a year has passed! Give them a little time already, they need sleep too!

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #3786 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:13 AM

Yeah, they work almost as slowly as whoever it is that's supposed to send this bloated corpse of a forum to the graveyard.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3787 on: June 06, 2014, 11:57:02 AM

That's because as soon as they will get out of beta put in more 'mechs more maps UI 2.0 The Clans Community Warfare players will come back and the game will finally gets the popularity it deserves.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3788 on: June 06, 2014, 07:25:59 PM

I've never played the tabletop and we're talking about a video game - it's up to the very capable development studio to continue their tour de force of balancing weapons, mechs and associated systems.  I'm sure that they have thought through all of this.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

To be fair, the weapon and system balancing has been reasonably good. Point of example, double heat sinks having an effectiveness of 1.4 rather than 2, which was a problem on tabletop with DHS getting 20 heat dissipation for free from the engines

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3789 on: June 07, 2014, 03:57:08 AM

Finally, maybe, eventually, hopefully, they have fixed SRMs after about a year if not more.

SRM Update

Okay MechWarrior's here it is!

The "Buckton fix" as it has been known by has been completed internally. Brian Buckton did a good job of pointing out a potential problem area and recorded some video and so on. Additionally, Neema Teymory who has put many hours into hit detection and Host State rewind spent many hours exploring the issue and has completed the fix.

You heard me right, the fix is complete and will be present in the June 17th patch. In short, the bug worked something like this: Even though the server and client agreed that you did indeed achieve a HIT, a series of weapon missile explosion codes would then ignore the damage you should have caused. The end result is more damage for SRM's and I can at least state that you will indeed notice the difference!

This fix will be present in the June 17th patch, we hope you enjoy!

In all honesty, everyone has their reason for quitting this game and those are fine. Hell, we have 52 people in the roster thread up there, so you would think people liked it even if only for a minute. But then, at some points the meta became disgusting, pug stomping a far too common occurrence, and in general the lack of quality of life elements didn't give it the stickiness of something like World of Tanks. But the core part was great in 2012 when we all loved it, and it is still amazing and improved two years later. MWO most likely lost its chance to become big due to both technical and communicative incompetence from the top floors, but the game was fun and it still is. I doubt it'll ever be able to recover from the terrible word of mouth and some inevitably aging visuals, but it's a unique game, the only one of its kind, and even with all the blunders from the past it still kicks ass. It's a tragedy for a game like this to have such idiots running the show.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3790 on: June 07, 2014, 05:59:40 PM

I'll be willing to try it again when they put in Community Warfare.  why so serious?

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3791 on: June 09, 2014, 12:14:11 PM

Oh, yeah, this game was fun as fuck for a while. It had a not-stagnant, brawly meta and gameplay was loose enough that you could fuck around and play robot fite and have a hell of a lot of fun. Then the organized full-team gameplay got stagnant, slowly birthing long range high alpha peek'n'snipe shitfests.

It would be at this point that a competent developer would have nipped that in the bud! But apparently this broke their fucking minds or something.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3792 on: June 10, 2014, 07:08:02 AM

The new "private match" interface allows for lots of great things, like duels, or uneven matches, or pretty much anything you and your friends prefer. I've been Like this 3025 Tournament.

I remember lots here complaining about the chosen year for MWO and beingparticularly in love with 3025.
You should put a team together, no excuses.

I know the Merrick Civil War league puts in some tech restrictions, but we'd be going full bore with this one. No XLs, no DHS, no fuzzy dice. Is there some interest in the MWO community at large for this as a recurring weekly league?
I envisioned teams meeting every Sunday evening, and doing a best of three matches. 10 points awarded for whoever took the best of three, and then one point for each kill in each match, regardless of win or loss, to encourage actually fighting. Let that run each week for 6-8 weeks depending on the number of teams we get signed up, then a seeded tournament the following weekend.
Anyway, let me know if there is interest (or if there is another 3025 league already and I just haven't heard about it, as I said, a bit insular). Thanks!

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3793 on: June 10, 2014, 07:14:41 AM

problem is, the game as designed would make no double heat sinks an absolutely miserable experience
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3794 on: June 10, 2014, 07:22:49 AM

Well, longer TimeToKill. Which I am sure is what lots of people around here would love.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3795 on: June 10, 2014, 10:09:36 AM

Final game of the "Run Hot or Die" League, the longest, most important and oldest community driven League. It's a pretty cool match, probably thanks to the self-imposed limitations that were in the rules (no Assaults). This is from the cockpit of a Firestarter.

http://www.twitch.tv/mfmadiuvo/c/4434133

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3796 on: June 10, 2014, 11:38:26 AM

Well, longer TimeToKill. Which I am sure is what lots of people around here would love.

Does this timeframe restriction allow for gauss rifles?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3797 on: June 10, 2014, 12:57:59 PM

Yes.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3798 on: June 10, 2014, 01:07:55 PM

3025 allows for GR?
Since when?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3799 on: June 10, 2014, 02:11:32 PM

Oops my fault. I guess the gauss rifle variants of things like the Highlander were "lost" at that point. So no GR in 3025.

My first Battletech purchase was the Tech Readout for 2750 which for sure had GR mechs but I guess they were mostly SLDF/Comstar stuff and are not considered available for 3025.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:13:59 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3800 on: June 10, 2014, 05:23:05 PM

Correct.  Everything in 2750 was Lostech.  The Grey Death Legion finding and releasing the data core to the wild is what allowed a lot of those old technologies to resurface.

Personally I don't mind the 2750 stuff, either.  There's room to improve some really lackluster 'mechs, but there are still weight, space, and heat trade-offs for most.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3801 on: June 11, 2014, 01:24:58 AM

Someone else is now trying to set up a "stock" 'mech League. That sounds cool.
You know what would be even cooler? A 2vs2 "House rules" f13 League.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3802 on: June 11, 2014, 01:00:27 PM

"High Profile" 1v1 duel tonight at 9.30pm EST, which was supposed to be broadcasted live on the MWO Twitch Channel with Dev support but one of the two players refused to have his gameplay peeked at so it'll only be available from this other guy's perspective. What happened here is that two users (LegoPirate and Victor Mosron) who merrily dislike each other kept bickering on reddit until they finally decided to resolve it with a duel. The thing got enough attention that, as I said, Karl Berg of PGI offered to log into the match with his dev tools and do a live commentary of sorts.

I am sure no one here gives enough of a fuck, but since I have taken up the role of reporting anything that I consider vaguely interesting about Mechwarrior and its complicated development, here's the link to the duel thread. I really like how much the goddamn Private Match Lobby has unlocked a level of meta-game that was really needed.

I also want to remind you all that since PGI isn't skilled enough to develop a ladder of any kind, the community organized itself with an actual "Solo Ladder" based on 1v1 duels. All of this only makes the potential wasted by PGI burn even harder.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3803 on: June 12, 2014, 10:29:27 AM

Graci to Falcon for keeping us informed. See frankly I'm still too lazy to log in. Private matches? Whoopee. I don't want to have to ORGANIZE my own battles. I want to simply hit the 'stock mechs only' filter and find a game, or the 3025 tech only filter. That shit shouldn't* be to hard to do.
And ladders would be fun.

* but PGI.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3804 on: June 14, 2014, 12:40:28 PM

Kicked this up again.  A fair few mechs and shit I've not seen before.  The whole 'pregame' UI is utter, utter cancer.  Mech lab horrendous.  Purchasing Horrendous.  Pilot Skills horrendous.

That said, I LIKE that they've added more, particularly the weapons ones.  Good call.

Then I played two games, which I won, and reminded me how much the actual MECH BIT can be tons of fun.

Then it went into 'Searching' for a third game and, frankly, it's been there for 20 minutes.

Fuck this shit.  Just Fuck it in the Earhole.

So much promise.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3805 on: June 14, 2014, 01:34:56 PM

The searching for 20 minutes is a bug. No matte what 'mech you select unless your ELO is insanely high you never wait more than two minutes. Really weird. Just logout and log back in, I bet money that it will find a game right away.

About everything else, in three days the 8 Clan 'mechs and their new weapons are going to be released. I strongly suggest you to take a stroll on that day because you are gonna see so much new stuff. Also, you are gonna be obliterated because these things are very OP, but at the same time brawling is back which means a lot of stuff blowing up everywhere. No one knows what they are doing with the new 'mechs so it almost feels like the first days of 2012.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3806 on: June 15, 2014, 11:54:32 AM

Development VLog #5

It would be 8 minutes of your life wasted if it weren't for what you can spot for a few seconds at about 6:20.

That's right. A "Community Warfare" screen...

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3807 on: June 15, 2014, 01:29:55 PM

The searching for 20 minutes is a bug. No matte what 'mech you select unless your ELO is insanely high you never wait more than two minutes. Really weird. Just logout and log back in, I bet money that it will find a game right away.

About everything else, in three days the 8 Clan 'mechs and their new weapons are going to be released. I strongly suggest you to take a stroll on that day because you are gonna see so much new stuff. Also, you are gonna be obliterated because these things are very OP, but at the same time brawling is back which means a lot of stuff blowing up everywhere. No one knows what they are doing with the new 'mechs so it almost feels like the first days of 2012.

What wait. What. Don't you give me false hope like this.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3808 on: June 15, 2014, 01:45:53 PM

It is impossible to tell if (or HOW MUCH) the balance is going to be screwed up by the Clans, but the absolute confusion that is ensuing *because* of the Clans, coupled with the ultimate SRM fix is providing a kind of messy fun that has been missing for too long. It could end in two days, if the meta people find out what to use and what to drop too soon, but I am pretty sure the first few days are going to be exhilarating. Give it a cynical shot on Tuesday, it's free right?

You can read around the comments coming from the Public Test: pretty much everyone is saying "I haven't had this much fun since..."

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3809 on: June 15, 2014, 02:07:26 PM

'i haven't had this much fun since I could peek over a ridge and not have my right torso sniped off instantly'
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3810 on: June 15, 2014, 02:41:48 PM

That reminds me that additional nerf to jumping and jump sniping is coming with the July 1st patch.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3811 on: June 18, 2014, 02:00:49 AM

More fluff... or more 'mech packs to buy?

Terracotta Army

Reply #3812 on: June 18, 2014, 04:44:41 AM

"Mayday

To anyone who can assist. We are under attack from unknown forces. Markings unknown"

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:04:09 AM by 5150 »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3813 on: June 18, 2014, 05:34:02 AM

You can buy the new ComStar 'mechs using 3079 tech now which will be available in two years.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3814 on: June 18, 2014, 11:23:57 AM

Right, I've played this all day.

I'm done again.

Fuck this shit.  It's awful.

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: