Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1010540 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2730 on: April 08, 2013, 07:38:26 AM

GXP is granted at a terrible ratio to encourage you to buy MC and convert it from your other mechs that are maxed out.  1mc = 16gxp

Considering they were stealing a lot from WOT's model I'm surprised we get any GXP for free.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2731 on: April 08, 2013, 07:46:30 AM

I think GXP is 1/20th of your normal xp gain, be careful you are always using mech xp to unlock pilot skills on mech trees and save GXP for module skills.  I don't convert exp at all.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2732 on: April 08, 2013, 08:00:25 AM

I've just reached my first 5000 GXP, but I think I'm gonna suck it up and save for 360 degree targeting... Any other recommendations?

360 targetting was the first one I purchased and the one I miss the least when I don't have it equipped. It only keeps target lock (not weapon lock) of your current target if it is behind you within 250m. If you want similar functionality, I'd say go with Advanced Target Decay as it is the much better choice imo. It does not have that range limitation, and if the target is not behind you then it is possible to maintain weapon lock if you keep your cursor over them (for when they go behind a building and come out the other side within the extended target decay window).

Sensor range and Target Info are both good, capture accelerator is good for lots of conquest on fast mechs (or assault on fast mechs if trying to be cheap with fast wins). Otherwise, I'd save up to upgrade the consumables. I'd actually upgrade consumables before getting cap accel and target info.

GXP is granted at a terrible ratio to encourage you to buy MC and convert it from your other mechs that are maxed out.  1mc = 16gxp

1 mc = 25 gxp, but point is still rigth - the rate at which it is normally earned is shitty and encouraging for MC purchases. I've told this to some people before - but if you ever see them doing a double conversion promotion again then take advantage of it. 50gxp per 1mc saved shitloads of time for unlocking modules. Actually, I found a PM I sent about this, and still feel the same way -

Edit: holy shit the tip I gave in the spoiler reads in such an awful way, but the message should still be understandable why so serious?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:04:59 AM by Segoris »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2733 on: April 08, 2013, 08:35:43 AM

When you unlock a module, is it unlocked for all your 'mechs?

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2734 on: April 08, 2013, 08:44:59 AM

After you unlock a module with GXP you it can be used by any mech you ever own, but first you have to buy it for millions of Cbills and it is treated like weapons/cockpit items where it can only be equipped to one mech at a time.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2735 on: April 08, 2013, 09:23:42 AM

I just spent the hard earned 15k GXP on the cool down 9 x 9 and I'm not regretting it. When I need it, I stay in a fight :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2736 on: April 08, 2013, 10:21:52 AM

Has anyone tried the artillery yet?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2737 on: April 08, 2013, 10:32:35 AM

I was underwhelmed, but I didn't really know what I was doing. And it wasn't coordinated at all.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2738 on: April 08, 2013, 11:12:46 AM

Has anyone tried the artillery yet?

It's utter fucking pish.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2739 on: April 08, 2013, 11:39:28 AM

Improved Airstrike and Artillery are both pants, I played with them a bit.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2740 on: April 08, 2013, 11:41:10 AM

First game of the night.  Launch.  Black screen.

Had to quit to desktop.  Now my Ilya is red, in a match, no doubt being torn to shreds for points by a pack of fucking Jenner.

This is Wank.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2741 on: April 08, 2013, 12:54:10 PM

I've crashed twice today, been months since that happened.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2742 on: April 08, 2013, 01:13:52 PM

Yeah, inorite ?

Don't get me wrong, this game is awesome, but not only am I now seeing Merusks crashes, I have evidence of the other hitbox/chest nonsense going on.

This has been the worst patch ever.

why so serious?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2743 on: April 08, 2013, 01:14:38 PM

Last night I launched with no HUD.  It actually looked great, but targeting was a mess.  Especially once I realized I couldn't tell who was friend or foe unless they were shooting at me.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2744 on: April 08, 2013, 01:17:03 PM

Hey, it's beta  why so serious?

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2745 on: April 08, 2013, 03:33:44 PM

The game barely works for me as it is, so I've just been riding this one out. Are we getting a patch tomorrow?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2746 on: April 09, 2013, 12:28:17 PM

COMMUNITY WARFARE CLARITY (P2P/F2P)

No, we will not require players to have a Premium Account to play in a Merc Unit.

Yes, we are considering monetizing aspects of Community Warfare.
A small one-time MC and/or CB fee to create a Merc Corp*.
Some aspects of CW will reward players with MC, we are considering a Premium Account requirement to participate in these rewards. This will not prevent non-paying customers to participate in all aspects of CW with their friends and teammates.
If we decided to launch Private Matches, they will likely require a Premium Account to cover costs of hosting a match on our hardware.
* We are looking at ways to prevent/mitigate name reserving and parking. We may simply require players to have a minimum of 1 company or 12 active players to maintain a valid status.

At this time no final decisions have been made.

Due to the article coming out on a Friday and myself being on vacation, I was not in a position to write this response on the forums. Instead I used my Twitter account to try and alleviate some of the concerns. Please consider any communication via my Twitter account as an official response.

The Polygon article was correctly reported with one omission by the interviewer and one omission from myself:
I made mention near the end of the conversation that no final decisions have been made. I also used soft language, like may, possibly, could, probably - these are far from definite. At no time did I make any statements of finality.
I did not clarify that the requirement of premium time would be for the MC reward system and private matches. Both are part of the CW.
The response from the community and the timing of events were both unfortunate.

We cannot control when third-parties release their interviews with us and how they present the information we have provided them.

While we accept that the community is passionate and expects communication from us, and we always strive to provide the best answer we can:
Sometimes we are simply not available to answer right at that moment; Holidays do exist for developers.

It’s one thing to disagree politely and intelligently, even passionately, with the content as it had been initially presented.It’s a whole other issue when the community sends violent threats to PGI/IGP staff for any reason: whether it’s a misunderstanding or for not being available to respond in as timely a manner as expected.

However, we will hold firm that aggressive and threatening behaviour towards staff of fellow MechWarriors will never be acceptable and will result in banishment for those who do so.
I take solace in the fact that this behavior represents the minority, not the majority of our amazing players.

There are probably hundreds of other questions to be answered, however this was by far the most pressing. We are going to be rolling out a series of Command Chair posts over the next few weeks and months detailing all the aspects of CW. Since it's such a large feature, it will take time to reveal all the details.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2747 on: April 09, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

I went a bit OCD on mech skills.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2748 on: April 09, 2013, 04:42:09 PM

holy crap.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2749 on: April 09, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2750 on: April 09, 2013, 06:10:43 PM

Goddamn...
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #2751 on: April 09, 2013, 06:34:17 PM

Goddamn...

you've got more left over xp on that stalker than i have total xp.  and twice as much as that on the catapult...

*Should be working*
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2752 on: April 10, 2013, 05:38:37 AM

Son, you have a condition.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2753 on: April 10, 2013, 06:39:54 AM

Is it a tumor?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2754 on: April 10, 2013, 08:38:23 AM

Only if the tumor can also play Mechwarrior Online while he sleeps.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2755 on: April 10, 2013, 09:25:21 AM

Heh, I posted that and got a response by a different goon within a couple of hours who appears to be even more crazy than me.  It will take you a second or two to get it.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2756 on: April 10, 2013, 11:03:07 AM

How can you like the Stalker that much ?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2757 on: April 10, 2013, 12:03:05 PM

Geezus.  That's everything but the cash-shop 'mechs.  Insane.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2758 on: April 10, 2013, 12:05:51 PM

It is an azzrape pwnmachine.  I know you hate it but at 85 tons AND the maneuverability of the torso and arms I always outperform vs the Atlas.  Plus it has better hardpoints and a smaller profile. (Long Torso is LOOOOOONG on the Atlas).

Someday they'll release an assault mech that's heavier than the Stalker w/ better hardpoints than the atlas and I'll fall out of love with it.  For now? Newp!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2759 on: April 10, 2013, 12:39:26 PM

How can you not like the Stalker that much? Unless you need to move somewhat fast then the 3F and 5M are actually really good, the 5S is good but it's just a lesser version of the 3F. There's no clear choice mech which is better for, uh, "azzrape pwnmachine" type of play (though there are some equals).

Heh, I posted that and got a response by a different goon within a couple of hours who appears to be even more crazy than me.  It will take you a second or two to get it.

He's definitely more OCD, yes. You're still in the most crazy competition though as by my rough estimate just glancing at the numbers you've still earned more total MXP. I'm thinking the number you're over him by is probably around 50-100k, which isn't too much relatively, but details matter - a lot - in OCD battles

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2760 on: April 10, 2013, 12:40:37 PM

Geezus.  That's everything but the cash-shop 'mechs.  Insane.

Yeah he mastered every non-hero and sold the ones he doesn't like.  I though I was mad for doing what I did.

I watched every episode of Castle and Bones while playing with the sound off in a small window, game is still good enough I had to rewind parts when I got caught up in the games.  I tanked my KDR to below 3 playing the terrible mechs too.  It's maybe not that crazy, a lot of the people I used to play with have burnt out till CW hits and I don't feel burnt out at all, just very tired of mechs I don't like.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2761 on: April 10, 2013, 12:49:46 PM

There's a factor of liking it a lot obviously, but if you are killing 4-5 people a match in a srm build the xp just rolls in.  Also I was grinding cash with lrms on the same mech a while back to buy mechs, funnily enough you get more cash for killing more people too, and conquest, which I don't like normally, was great for killing 4-6 people a match at the time.  I didn't even play it that much really, some of those terrible mechs I was getting 150xp a game, compared to an easy 2k in the stalker 3f.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2762 on: April 10, 2013, 12:52:11 PM

Aye, I wasn't really meaning you.

I have the same stalker and I hate it.  I couldn't even tell you why.  I'm good in it and it kills, but I just don't like it....

I will try it some tonight and see if I change my mind.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2763 on: April 10, 2013, 01:35:44 PM

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2764 on: April 10, 2013, 02:20:26 PM

Sex!

Now where's the fucking patch fixing the fucking coring issue?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: