Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:52:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1010456 times)
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2695 on: April 05, 2013, 11:26:27 AM

They crumble like a sandcastle against the tide when people complain.  I can see a small MC upkeep cost to keep a merc company active (to keep the number of companies limited) but I can't see them requiring premium active to be a member, the complaining would be awesome.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2696 on: April 05, 2013, 11:44:05 AM

They are copying the Something Awful business model?   Ohhhhh, I see.
They want the Goons money 10bux.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:46:20 AM by Falconeer »

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2697 on: April 05, 2013, 11:52:53 AM

Well no, SA is a one off payment.  I can't see all goons individually making a rolling payment to be in a merc corp, if merc companies have the best "rewards" (whatever that means), and you can only be in a merc company if you pay, then it is pay to win.

PGI have been very nervous about that term for good reason.  If the merc company leadership has to pay a small fee, like ~150 MC a month, I don't really have a problem with it as I won't be paying it.  The people who get themselves into leadership positions probably won't mind a small fee either, given all the other shit they happily put up with in being a leader of a bunch of nerdy mech pilots.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2698 on: April 05, 2013, 12:01:14 PM

I won't spend one additional cent on this game if they try to charge me to be in a merc corp.

This. Fuck a bunch of that bullshit.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2699 on: April 05, 2013, 12:20:46 PM

This all applies only to Community Warfare anyway, doesn't it?  I thought that was paying-out MC in a land system similar to WOT paying gold.  Seems more reasonable that way to me. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2700 on: April 05, 2013, 12:27:11 PM

Fuck that too. Its called Community Warfare, not 'meta warfare only for the hardcore paying customer'.

I'd like to get involved in a battle knowing that if we win we might help my faction capture a planet. (Blah blah lets not get side tracked into whether it 'matters' or not). To me that adds some fun. Why the fuck does this have to be partitioned off only for the wankers?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2701 on: April 05, 2013, 01:00:38 PM

I assume that the wankers would join a Free IS House instead of "Mr. Bean's Glowing Green E-Peen" merc corp.   Which makes it more accessible to folks like me who have no intention of getting in to a clan but might be interested in checking out CW.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2702 on: April 05, 2013, 11:08:27 PM

The amount of CT core deaths I'm suffering, along with being mint elsewhere is getting rather suspicious. Fuck. This.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2703 on: April 05, 2013, 11:26:22 PM

I'm front loading armour like mad now, the larger maps and every bastard taking erppcs and ac20's has shifted the game more towards longer sniper games than usual and I can't say I like the change at all.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2704 on: April 06, 2013, 03:43:18 AM

Yeah, since the Jag was released, it's been Duck Season.  Everyone has LL or PPC or AC 10/20.

What I find fascinating is the amount of 'snipers' who can't aim for shit.  Also, if the team has 4 lights, it's amazing how often they win.  The while sniping thing just goes out the window and all you see is a bunch of retards trying to fuck a doorknob.  That may change when we get the rewind Ballistics release.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2705 on: April 06, 2013, 05:12:46 AM

I am confused. Under some mathcmaking revisions from a while ago, weren't teams supposed to have the same amount og light/med/heavy/assault 'mechs? I was just in a match with no assaults on my team and two in the other so it was kind of hard to miss the difference. Did they change the thing again? How is it supposed to be now?

Also worth noting, since they introduced combat rating and whatever is their new algorhithm for matchmaking, games have been more balaned for me and my stats are generally improving al across the board. How is it going for you all? Same, better, worse?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2706 on: April 06, 2013, 06:03:13 AM

Matchmaking is ultra fucked at the moment, in my opinion.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2707 on: April 06, 2013, 07:37:00 AM

Seems to be working decently enough from my perspective. Tonnage can still be an issue but there are enough map+mode combos where all assaults can't very easily win that in wood league you still see mech variety.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2708 on: April 06, 2013, 08:16:49 AM

Next time you die, flip around your team and watch where they're hitting vs. where damage is registering.   It appears the damage models are fucked and hits are going to center-torso for all energy and missile weaps.   Watched one teammate clearly shoot a guy in the arm and his center torso and center-right flashed.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2709 on: April 06, 2013, 09:57:23 AM

Uh, no.  The teammates I usually have, I flip over to watch them and they're shooting into the ground again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

Centre torsos are never where it's at.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2710 on: April 06, 2013, 03:56:46 PM

Posts in this thread seem to verify it's a convergence/ pinpoint aim issue.  Ballistics are hitting center mass.. go go ballistic warriors!

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/110999-pinpoint-warrior-online/

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2711 on: April 06, 2013, 04:07:17 PM

The past month or so the forums do seem to have been reaching some kind of critical mass.
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #2712 on: April 06, 2013, 04:47:49 PM

The past month or so the forums do seem to have been reaching some kind of critical mass.

Maybe it'll implode. Meanwhile, I'll be playing the game.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2713 on: April 06, 2013, 05:35:30 PM

Zal, I see you and Slay online but can't contact you thanks to the POWERFUL social tools of this game. Any chance I can get a group invite like right now?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2714 on: April 06, 2013, 07:02:29 PM

Posts in this thread seem to verify it's a convergence/ pinpoint aim issue.  Ballistics are hitting center mass.. go go ballistic warriors!

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/110999-pinpoint-warrior-online/

I've def felt this versus jaegers (with lots of arm mounted ballistics) where they seem to only hit me dead on center mass but I chalked it up to my own mistakes. It'd be nice to think they had some help. Also explains why I've seen Ilya's absolutely raping scoreboards unlike any other some games.

But for the record that thread doesn't prove anything, there's no real consensus that something is up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:08:24 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2715 on: April 06, 2013, 07:27:51 PM

It also explains why my AC/20 isn't shredding side torsos when I aim at them.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2716 on: April 06, 2013, 07:42:28 PM

Zal, I see you and Slay online but can't contact you thanks to the POWERFUL social tools of this game. Any chance I can get a group invite like right now?

Get on mumble? Or steam so I can chat w/ notification. Says you are sitting in game since that one where your Pretty Baby died out early.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:58:51 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2717 on: April 06, 2013, 08:01:00 PM

Hoax and Zetleft, sorry for disappearing like that. The horrible new bug that fills your screen with triangular graphical glitches and then kills your video driver hit me in the middle of Caustic and forced me to a hard reboot. Then, being 5am here, I decided that was a sign of some sort. Thanks for the grouping, we shredded some. Hope to do it again soon.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2718 on: April 07, 2013, 06:09:59 AM

The second i get the triangles (thought my vid card was dying) I alt-tab.  It's cleared up when I get back.

Not optimal since I've had it happen in the middle of a pack of 'mechs, but better than a hard lock.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2719 on: April 07, 2013, 07:21:55 AM

So.
Much.
Crashing!

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #2720 on: April 07, 2013, 12:11:14 PM

Yeah no worries game is pretty unplayable for me, think I crashed/locked up on 5 of 6 matches I played yesterday.  I will play around with a few settings on my computer but think I"m kinda done until next patch. 
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #2721 on: April 07, 2013, 05:02:23 PM

I was about the same Zet - some form of glitch every game.

then i upgraded my drivers again (geforce 460m - laptop) and I haven't had any issues since.  

*Should be working*
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2722 on: April 07, 2013, 10:10:41 PM

I've def felt this versus jaegers (with lots of arm mounted ballistics) where they seem to only hit me dead on center mass but I chalked it up to my own mistakes. It'd be nice to think they had some help. Also explains why I've seen Ilya's absolutely raping scoreboards unlike any other some games.

But for the record that thread doesn't prove anything, there's no real consensus that something is up.

Yeah I'm interested in hearing what's going on with this.

Man, I'm definitely feeling the C-Bill grind although I think they've got it around the right ratio of winnings vs cost. I feel like it takes like forever to get enough C-Bills for a mech, but I'm also too stingy to spend my precious real money.

Still getting use to my HBK-4SP but I am looking forward to going back to getting Elite on my Founders HBK-4G.

I've just reached my first 5000 GXP, but I think I'm gonna suck it up and save for 360 degree targeting... Any other recommendations?
Steam messages or Mumble might be the best way to make sure people get invites. I've jumped into mumble but don't see people so I jump back to my own mumble server...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:13:51 PM by Llyse »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2723 on: April 08, 2013, 05:01:09 AM

Activity is at a 4 month low, from what I've seen. Bad patch. Or something....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2724 on: April 08, 2013, 05:19:04 AM

Activity is at a 4 month low, from what I've seen. Bad patch. Or something....

Bad patch is an understatement.  Though even if it was a good patch you'd probably have seen a decline.  I don't think the heat vision change has been well-received by the sniping crowd who have buggered-off.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2725 on: April 08, 2013, 06:03:01 AM

They really need to un-fuck missiles, as they were a nice counter-point to the ranged ballistics/ppc mechs.  Game seems pretty stagnant without them.  I've pretty much stopped playing to not completely burn myself out prior to them having something more of a complete game.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2726 on: April 08, 2013, 06:42:04 AM

What's wrong with missiles? PPCs and ACs need a line of sight to hit, while missiles don't which is a huge advantage if someone is using scouts decently. What am I missing?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:45:44 AM by Falconeer »

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2727 on: April 08, 2013, 06:50:44 AM

Damage is too low, I just don't give a shit when I hear, "incoming missiles", and neither does anyone else.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2728 on: April 08, 2013, 06:56:16 AM

Missles were always low damage in tabletop.  Otherwise they are an "I win" button.  Where they shine is once a 'mech has internals showing, much like an LBX.

I've just reached my first 5000 GXP, but I think I'm gonna suck it up and save for 360 degree targeting... Any other recommendations?
I went for the increased targeting range myself.  At level 2 you go from a max range of 800m -> 1000m and an ECM-free zone of 180-200m -> 180-250m.

Next module is either cap speed or one of the other targeting ones, though.  The 360 is tempting since I prefer brawlers.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2729 on: April 08, 2013, 07:31:45 AM

Yeah, with LRMs I still get a fair amount of kills from 800+ meters away. They are great crit seekers, they are great to make someone feel pressured and mess up their aim and to chip their armor away while your brawlers do the job. Honestly, I like them now cause they make sense. If a weapon that doesn't need LOS can deal massive damage from a kilometer away, why should I even care using anything else? Especially with boats that can load up to 6 launchers. And what Lantyssa said. Except for the LBX10 which still feels underpowered to me for its size and requirements.

One question about something that I never bothered checking and it's still a bit unclear to me: how do you make Global XP? I have like a million matches played and only 10k GXP. What am I doing wrong?

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: