Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1010725 times)
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2590 on: March 27, 2013, 05:13:18 AM

Really looking forward to grouping with all you guys on the otherside of the world and sorry to CornJob for launching last night without you. I couldn't seem to reinvite you to the group but I don't know if that was because of MWO UI or you were busy.  Heartbreak

Nah, it's ok. I'd probably have just frozen again, anyways. Game hates me.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2591 on: March 27, 2013, 05:58:47 AM

It's a 'going forwards' thing, but they plan to retro it.  The catapult has it as well, to a limited extent.

That's pretty damn cool. I hadn't even noticed it on the Jager but I don't own one yet.  2-5 matches a day is only enough cash to keep-up with changes and patches so far.  I keep hitting 2-3 mil then want to try different builds on the Atlas, Founders Catapult or Catapharact and wind-up broke again.

I have a hell of a stockpile of weapons building-up, though, so there's that.   awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2592 on: March 27, 2013, 06:32:23 AM

For my part, I've been selling weapons when I really, really, really need to get more 'stuff'.

Might I suggest that NO-ONE DO THIS.  If you can, never, ever, ever sell shit.  The resale price will bankrupt you, as it did me.

I've only got a small stable of 7 or 8 mechs and I'm always scrabbling for cash.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2593 on: March 27, 2013, 08:45:45 AM

Then don't play with Slay.. He'll get you putting 5 mil engines in everything. He's making me go broke just trying to keep up with his mechs.

So I tried this "pop tarting" thing last night.  It is amusingly fun. Just need to figure out how to fit jump jets into my 4xAC5 cataphract.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2594 on: March 27, 2013, 10:00:31 AM

3D is the only Phrac that can JJ, and it only has 2 ballistic hardpoints.  Besides, wouldn't single AC20 Phrac be a better poptart choice?  Same damage, all 20 hit the same surface.  You'd have to go standard engine to make this work though, as the other hard point is in the arm (with no enough slots for AC20)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2595 on: March 27, 2013, 10:17:00 AM

Then don't play with Slay.. He'll get you putting 5 mil engines in everything. He's making me go broke just trying to keep up with his mechs.

Slay is really good about running out and back to your slow-ass assault mech. (Max 315 engine on my Stalker!)  He's fantastic for baiting people in to a position where I can rape them.  I don't know if it's deliberate on his part but I appreciate it none the less.   

So don't try and keep-up, just bring more tonnage.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2596 on: March 27, 2013, 10:34:58 AM

3D is the only Phrac that can JJ, and it only has 2 ballistic hardpoints.  Besides, wouldn't single AC20 Phrac be a better poptart choice?  Same damage, all 20 hit the same surface.  You'd have to go standard engine to make this work though, as the other hard point is in the arm (with no enough slots for AC20)

As for the AC20 - I don't think so because its ranges are really low for sniping/poptarts compared to an AC5, UAC5, or gauss as far as ballistics go. ERPPC/PPC work well with less worry of heat than they normal since poptarts can stay behind cover with enough time to cool down. Or, there is the 2xPPC/1xGauss, or 2xPPC 2xLLas
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2597 on: March 27, 2013, 12:57:25 PM

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2598 on: March 27, 2013, 02:51:25 PM

Slay is really good about running out and back to your slow-ass assault mech. (Max 315 engine on my Stalker!)  He's fantastic for baiting people in to a position where I can rape them.  I don't know if it's deliberate on his part but I appreciate it none the less.  

So don't try and keep-up, just bring more tonnage.

Thanks Merusk...I do my best!

Yeah, my basic playstyle is go ahead, take SOME abuse, and watch people follow me back to their doom. They switch targets, I do a quick circle around them and eat their back armor. Hit and run, evaluate, reposition.

And sometimes I really screw up and not make it back to the group. Occasionally, I make it back crippled. Strangely, those can be some of my best games...

Hopefully gonna rock some matches tonight yo.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2599 on: March 27, 2013, 03:16:55 PM

That`s what I try to do ... about 1/3 as well as Slay does.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2600 on: March 27, 2013, 03:50:43 PM

Wasn't that keen on the music or the text but it's very good action footage.
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #2601 on: March 27, 2013, 04:16:43 PM

An amazing pilot, he'd be even more amazing if he had reliable voice communication so he could truly lead us to victory.

(Love ya, bro!)  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2602 on: March 27, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

An amazing pilot, he'd be even more amazing if he had reliable voice communication so he could truly lead us to victory.

(Love ya, bro!)  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

SBD brother, SBD.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2603 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:59 AM

Double XP weekend. To steal a phrase from the Planetside thread: 'Jesus died for your xp'

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2604 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:02 AM

Bah, all double xp does for me is Gxp. I can't afford a new mech for a bit and the rest are all maxed out.
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2605 on: March 28, 2013, 12:17:33 PM

I'm the exact opposite of that. I need XP on damn near everything but Stalkers which i'm 90k xp and counting over. Which makes about 15 I need XP on.

I foresee a lot of Spider matches this weekend.

I finally took a minute and loaded up the new statistics thing they added in the forums. I was pretty surprised by the kill/death ratio of some of my mechs.  I would not have expected my Ilya to be top dog (excluding stalkers).
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2606 on: March 28, 2013, 05:42:15 PM

My Rhino Stalker was 5 Kills to 1 Death.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2607 on: March 29, 2013, 05:01:15 AM

I think it's fair to say that of all my mechs, I hate my stalker the most.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2608 on: March 29, 2013, 06:23:30 AM

Really? I love my stalker best.

I tried Slay's spider last night.  I don't have a single clue how the fuck he does it, I was constantly getting my ass handed to me.  I think I'm too used to heavies and expecting to get the kills while taking a bit of damage.  I'm definitely not a 'stick and move' type, switching targets like a hummingbird on coke.   Also my heat management was terrible because of it.  It's fire, run, cool down, run back in fire.  I wanna beat on things.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2609 on: March 29, 2013, 06:35:38 AM

I find the inability to move the arms sideways has now become a distraction to the point of annoyance.  Further, I find that my turning ability means that I have a massive X painted on my back that anyone with speed will exploit.

In my Atlas, I find that my turning, coupled with my arms, means that I'm much more likely to splat that light that's bothering me.  In the Stalker, not so much.

That said, 4 Large lasers and the zoom means that I can core most mechs before it gets that far.  Also, lights have been surprised by my Streaks when they've got close.

Just not my favourite.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2610 on: March 29, 2013, 06:50:43 AM

Are you using the super-twist Stalker?  I got my 2nd stalker last night along with the spider* and haven't noticed the turny problem.  But then I'm a big fan of the heavy and assault mechs and learned how to deal with lights a long time ago.

Twist X and Torso twist area always my first unlocks. Those, along with kicking it in to reverse or just slowing down to 10% speed means you circle fast enough the fuckers can't stand still and wail on you.  I always stay near cover, too, so more often than not when they try and circle behind me they find they're wedged between my ass and the wall/ building right as my lasers come around.

I eagerly await the return of knock-down so I can totally splat the little fuckers.  The way they collide then rubber-band elsewhere right now sucks.

*(Broke down and bought some MC. I was tired of the cash grind and wanted fun.)

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2611 on: March 29, 2013, 08:00:45 AM

Really? I love my stalker best.

I tried Slay's spider last night.  I don't have a single clue how the fuck he does it, I was constantly getting my ass handed to me.  I think I'm too used to heavies and expecting to get the kills while taking a bit of damage.  I'm definitely not a 'stick and move' type, switching targets like a hummingbird on coke.   Also my heat management was terrible because of it.  It's fire, run, cool down, run back in fire.  I wanna beat on things.

Yeah, Spidah Style is running through the middle of about 5 mechs laying fire and finding the one you are going to come back to and back rape once they forget about you. And knowing when to jumpjet. Getting used to lights and fast mediums can be a bit tricky. If you get caught on a wall, that cataphract you been tormenting is going to make you pay for it. Constantly be turning an burning, like the shit is top gun. Don't be afraid to disengage and get your bearings, while cooling off (though not sure why heat's a problem, are you running DHS?)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2612 on: March 29, 2013, 08:43:15 AM

Yep, in fact because I only have a 225 and not a 250 I didn't need the endosteel so I'm able to cram two more DHS than your spider build called-for.  Still gets super-hot, but since I stick around instead of running and gunning I'm getting more shots off than you would.   

I was behind an atlas last night and got 4-5 shots into his back before I had to move.   With 3MPL heat builds-up fast.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2613 on: March 29, 2013, 09:04:17 AM

That's a lot of back shots...most things are smoked by then! Either way, it takes some practice. I leveled all 3, so I've paid my Spider dues and then some :)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2614 on: March 29, 2013, 09:28:54 AM

Well, he was also full armor when I started.  Though I do recall thinking, "How the hell is it I've hit this guy 4 times and nothing's happening?"   I'm not 100% certain but I think that's the game where my team had a whopping 0 kills and I was #3 in damage with only ~250.

(Followed by a Stalker match where I had the only kill and top damage but I died in the first 2-3 mins of the fight because I was the only one who went after the team when they were spotted.)

Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2615 on: March 29, 2013, 09:48:32 AM

I just started running a spider a week or so ago and I've realized a few things that help my survivability. Although I'm still horrible.

1.  People seem to take getting shot by you entirely too personally. This creates a ton of tunnel vision in your general direction.  (Ever seen half your team take off after a light?)  
2.  Once they are on to you, it's time to move on if you don't think you can drop them. You don't have the fire power or armor to take them on head to head unless you're really good at circling.
3.  When you run away, lead them toward your team. Always nice to give them a nice surprise when they run around the hill.
4.  Jump jet.. Alot. Adding a third dimension seem to make pubs miss more.  Good people will wait for you to land then Alpha your ass while you're holding still for a few seconds getting back up to speed.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2616 on: March 29, 2013, 10:10:03 AM

You can counter-act the landing death somewhat by turning about 90 degrees in mid air. When you land you will make a hard turn. 180 can work too, but takes balls to charge right back at the guy. Nice for a center torso finish, though.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2617 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:38 AM

Why has all my exp on my mechs gone ?

Apart from the heavies, I'm seeing 0/0 across the board.  What the Fuck ?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2618 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:46 AM

You moved up to elite, logged in the wrong account or ?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2619 on: March 29, 2013, 11:17:53 AM

MechWarrior Online to launch in 'late summer'
Developer Piranha Games has been releasing regular updates for MechWarrior Online since the game went into open beta in late October. But now, Shacknews has learned of three new features that will be rolling out leading up to the game's official release late this summer.

According to Piranha president Russ Bullock, the maximum size of matches will increase from the two-lance 8v8 to three-lance 12v12, with a planned rollout in 60-90 days. In addition, coming in June or July, UI 2.0 will be released, making it less cumbersome for newer players.

Finally, Community Warfare will be phased in beginning June or July as well. The first phase will offer players the ability to join a faction, the second phase will allow fighting as a faction, and the final phase will allow those factions to fight for territory.

Creative director Bryan Ekman also said that the team is exploring the idea of pirate-type of Lone Wolf that doesn't care for either faction and thoroughly enjoys gaining glory from harassing both.

When pressed about narrowing the "late summer" release date, Bullock said that it would probably be between August 21 to September 21.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2620 on: March 29, 2013, 11:24:59 AM

24 mechs on the old maps is going to get REALLY fucking crowded.

Though it does mean a lot more twits get splash-damaged hiding behind the boat on Forest Colony  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2621 on: March 29, 2013, 12:08:34 PM

You moved up to elite, logged in the wrong account or ?

No idea. Logged out and back in and all was well.

Bit Scary.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2622 on: March 30, 2013, 11:51:24 AM

Double XP weekend is awesome.   Already elited 2 catapults and am workin gon the 3rd, and have basic finished on 2/3 stalkers, needing only anchor turning on the 3rd.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2623 on: March 30, 2013, 06:47:46 PM

You know, I understand it's probably not that great, but I really like the Pretty Baby. The paintjob (and the name) tends to attract too much attention, I'll give you that, but I like to dish out pain with such an unsuspectable degree of mobility.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2624 on: March 31, 2013, 03:15:10 AM

Finally getting around to trying out a Raven 3L.  No idea what the big deal is, I just managed 800 damage on this thing.

Oooo, I see.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: