Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:02:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1010725 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2380 on: March 18, 2013, 05:43:03 AM

I have at least 2 people like that in almost every game.  It's why I stopped running anything but my Stalker and 4x SRM6 Catapult in PUGs.  I've found if I can't be the heavy hitter (or at least 2nd) of the match, it's going to be an ugly loss.  Not that I'm just that great, but other people are that terrible.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2381 on: March 18, 2013, 06:27:30 AM

I am enjoying (now I've fixed it) running my wee HBK-4SP and there was another pilot who managed.... 2 damage.  I don't even know how that's possible.  In that game there was also a centurion that had...8.

Seriously, seriously bad pilots this weekend.  The only game where I came close to that shit was one where I scored only 128 damage or thereabouts and it was an organised team with more missiles than God.

Interestingly enough, ECM lights and 2 Missile boats in the back seems to be the new premade tactic.  Considering there will be 4 other brawlers available to mess you up, it was super effective.  Died to it a LOT.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2382 on: March 18, 2013, 07:37:35 AM

For new peeps, if you find a mech you like and have bought...put on Endosteel structure and Double heat sinks (Only exception is endo on some assaults). The first thing I do when I buy anything is DHS it, and it will take an average mech to a good mech, and a good mech to a bad ass mech.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2383 on: March 18, 2013, 07:44:30 AM

On a related, possibly Community Warfare, note, shouldn't this shit be happening right now ?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Operation_Revival

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2384 on: March 18, 2013, 08:52:46 AM

For new peeps, if you find a mech you like and have bought...put on Endosteel structure and Double heat sinks (Only exception is endo on some assaults). The first thing I do when I buy anything is DHS it, and it will take an average mech to a good mech, and a good mech to a bad ass mech.
Yeah, it's an odd mindshift to understand that the slots limitation of Endo is a bigger hindrance on Assault mechs than the weight it frees-up.  It only saves you 5 tons on a 100 ton Atlas and 4 tons on an 85 ton stalker but reduces slots for bigger weapons or more heat sinks by a significant factor.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2385 on: March 18, 2013, 09:26:12 AM

On the other hand, only put Ferro Fibrous in if you're UTTERLY SURE.  I had to rip it back out of my CT-4X and it annoyed me because it costs either way.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2386 on: March 18, 2013, 09:37:03 AM

On a related, possibly Community Warfare, note, shouldn't this shit be happening right now ?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Operation_Revival

A minor bitch but I wish they hadn't gone with matching the calendar thing, or at least not started the clock until they had some form of CW in.
Second bitch, why not start in 3025 or something fun. Fuck the Clanners, Inner Sphere is so much better.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2387 on: March 18, 2013, 09:38:48 AM

On the other hand, only put Ferro Fibrous in if you're UTTERLY SURE.  I had to rip it back out of my CT-4X and it annoyed me because it costs either way.

Yeah, this part really annoys me.  "Back to standard? Sure, that'll be another xxx spacebux."

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2388 on: March 18, 2013, 11:13:30 AM

Worst is Artemis. I have to pay 500k to take off a missile upgrade? REALLY? It should be freely changable once purchased.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #2389 on: March 18, 2013, 11:29:44 AM

Worst is Artemis. I have to pay 500k to take off a missile upgrade? REALLY? It should be freely changable once purchased.

I blame the teamsters union
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2390 on: March 18, 2013, 11:48:20 AM

the only pro-build use of FF i've seen is in the raven 3L.

3L wubs

3L tri laser
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2391 on: March 18, 2013, 01:11:52 PM

I have found my mech. CTF 1X with 5 large lasers. Now when I don't mindlessly charge into battle, I do rather well.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2392 on: March 18, 2013, 05:06:28 PM

-Ravens are fuckstupid.
-No in-game voice is bush league.
-Draw distance problems and oddly useless zoom really bugging me.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2393 on: March 19, 2013, 03:28:18 AM

I thought there was an ingame voice thingy ?

Ravens aren't as bad since the last patch.  One of them stupidly got in the way of 3xSRM6 and that made me laugh.  It's easier to hit them with lasers and they have weakass legs.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2394 on: March 19, 2013, 03:48:53 AM

Streaks and srm's have a splash damage bug on most smaller mechs meaning they do crazy amounts of damage, raven hitbox is one of those to be adjusted, so going to be interesting to see what happens.  I hate streaks so this is a good thing long term but might be a pain in the arse until they balance it out.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2395 on: March 19, 2013, 03:52:47 AM

i had enjoyed that some, but I knew little of its love. If I was ever hitting a light with missiles, it was .. enough to kill it outright, bug or no.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2396 on: March 19, 2013, 03:58:20 AM

The hitbox on the raven is interesting when you look at it.  The sides almost completely cover the center torso, so as long as they don't have an XL, they have a very high chance of not getting fucked up.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2397 on: March 19, 2013, 04:30:47 AM

well, i would say the issues there are:

- once a side torso is gone, hits to that side connect directly to center internals.
- ravens (as well as any other light, really) simply must opt for an XL.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2398 on: March 19, 2013, 04:49:49 AM

Um - That's different from other mechs how ? 

(The side torso, not the other bit)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2399 on: March 19, 2013, 05:29:25 AM

I think his point was that the sides are so exposed they become a liability because it's such a big target.  Yeah, it's not what he said but that's always been my take on ravens.  Weak legs, huge sides.

Funny story: I came up against a Catapult two nights ago I honestly felt bad for.  He clearly was either a noob or in a trial mech because he was splashing my Catapharact-Gauss with machine guns.  I was mean and went for the component destruction before he was ended by a teammate.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2400 on: March 19, 2013, 05:47:49 AM

It's hardly huge when it's going at 136 kph.

Also, the arms get in the way.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2401 on: March 19, 2013, 06:15:22 AM

Um - That's different from other mechs how ?  

(The side torso, not the other bit)

Because lights have such a frail internal structure. if i was fighting a raven and its side popped and it didn't die, it wouldn't matter too much; its huge side hitbox would mean that all i have to do is graze the dead side some and the damage would go right under the CT armor and pop it in about 17-19 damage or so.

/edit - and when you kill a side torso, it takes the arm with it. effectively the whole side is damage transfer to CT internals. this is why huge side torso hitboxes suck. i spend most of my time in my stalker trying to get my CT to eat more of the damage and take pressure off the sides :<
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:18:52 AM by Samprimary »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2402 on: March 19, 2013, 06:25:51 AM

Ah, righto, I'm following you now.

My considered opinion is 'Good.'

why so serious?

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2403 on: March 19, 2013, 07:19:00 AM

Holy God. Played last night for the first time in a couple of months. Fuck me PUGs are even worse. And I really really suck. Good to see they've upgraded the social side of t....oh wait no it still sucks monkeys balls. How the fuck is that even possible? I'm going to ask Bullock that on Sunday.

Not sure I've ever played a game where going solo is so unproductive.

Good to see Trebuchets still blow.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2404 on: March 19, 2013, 07:24:56 AM

Hopefully after this patch I can actually play.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2405 on: March 19, 2013, 07:28:15 AM

btw 69 pages in, do we qualify for a sub forum yet?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2406 on: March 19, 2013, 07:29:13 AM

Sorry, you're not right here.  I'll agree that pugging these days is so much worse (due to a fuckload of premades and just BAD players) but the Trebuchet, when used properly, is all kinds of deadly.  I was messed up the other day by a chap who had a TAG and a bunch of missiles that he just guided on to me while giving me the run around.  That one wasn't pretty.  My own wee Trenchie will rape an unprepared mech at close range with SRM's and 4 Mediums.  For the weight, it's a rather harsh little mech.

Also, arms you can point with missile arms.   MISSILE ARMS.

Rifleman out yet ?

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2407 on: March 19, 2013, 07:35:29 AM

Thought it was the Jagermech.

Got cored a LOT last night. Are people this good or is their a bunch of aimbotting going on?

And possibly my reaction to the TBT was biased by getting cored twice in about 5 seconds in both matches I played with it. That's a problem with twitch battletech, the ability to target is to easy...(again unless they were aimbotting in which case death is not good enough a fate).

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2408 on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:50 AM

Potato, potato.

It's a frigging rifleman.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2409 on: March 19, 2013, 08:51:41 AM

Let the assaults lead the charge.  You may be faster, but if you're the first one on the field, everyone will target you.  Use the speed to position yourself.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2410 on: March 19, 2013, 08:52:19 AM

Potato, potato.

It's a frigging rifleman.

I dare you to post that on the mwo forums, just to watch the melt down would be great.

Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #2411 on: March 19, 2013, 08:59:55 AM

Sorry, you're not right here.  I'll agree that pugging these days is so much worse (due to a fuckload of premades and just BAD players) but the Trebuchet, when used properly, is all kinds of deadly.  I was messed up the other day by a chap who had a TAG and a bunch of missiles that he just guided on to me while giving me the run around.  That one wasn't pretty.  My own wee Trenchie will rape an unprepared mech at close range with SRM's and 4 Mediums.  For the weight, it's a rather harsh little mech.

Also, arms you can point with missile arms.   MISSILE ARMS.

Had an interesting run-in with a Trenchbucket last night; I pushed in on him and separated him from the group after becoming tired of his LRM barrages. Had a great run-and-gun battle with him, but my Centurion CN9-D easily pulled out the kill - you can't take very many Gauss shots in the torso before falling over in a Medium. TBTs can certainly be deadly in the right hands, but this guy obviously wasn't that.

Other than that, had a hellaciously bad set of rounds last night, I was playing like shit and the LRMs were falling down like rain. Hopefully tonight goes better.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2412 on: March 19, 2013, 09:47:29 AM

Post your favorite mechs/loadouts! (mine all include DHS/Endo)

AWS-9M - 4 LL, SRM 4 , XL380
CN9-D - 2 MPL, 2 SRM 6 , XL 380
SDR-5D - 1 ML, 2 MPL , XL 250 (ECM), 3 JJ
CTX-4X - 4 AC/5 , 2 ML , XL 250
TBT-3C - 3 MPL, 2 SRM6, XL 340
DRG-1C - 4 LL, XL 300
CDA-3M - 4 MPL, XL 320
CTX-2X - 1 AC20, 2 SRM6, 3 ML - somekinda standard engine
TBT-7M - 3 ML, 3 SRM6 - XL 300, 5 JJ/3 ammo
HBK-  - 6 ML, 2 SRM6 - STD 245
DRG-1N - 2 - AC/5, 2 ML, 2 SRM 4, XL 320

Cheese:
AWS-8Q - 6 PPC, XL 300
CPTL-K2 - 2 AC/20
STK- ANY - Max ML, Max SRM

There ya have it, 4 months of Slay mechs!

EDIT: Dragons are my latest, and they are bad asses. Totally surprised me, I thought they were bad.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:04:56 PM by Slayerik »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2413 on: March 19, 2013, 10:09:25 AM

Other than that, had a hellaciously bad set of rounds last night, I was playing like shit and the LRMs were falling down like rain. Hopefully tonight goes better.

Yeah, this.  It's what's happened to me for quite some time.  You can tell the premades because there will be a light or two scouting you and before you know it some cunningly position Atlas or Awesome is PISSING OVER YOU from a long distance.  And if you try to close that distance, whooops, up pops the medium and heavies that are waiting like a line of Pawns to stop you getting there, all shining the bloody TAG in your eyes, while the wee light runs around you, ECM shutting you down.

Meanwhile the rest of your group is drooling and playing in their own jobbies in some other part of the map that doesn't matter.  Or getting stuck in that KILLBOX that is Alpine Forests boat area.

Ahem.  It's been a bad couple of gaming nights.  But it's still Sooooo much fucking fun.

Also, I spend 1.5 million on the COLOUR RED.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2414 on: March 19, 2013, 10:42:25 AM

I've devolved into playing my founder atlas (dhs equipped) armed with lrm20+lrm10 (artemis) and 2 large pulse lasers for easy kills and grind. Just rain down the missiles and if some (usually lights) get close the large pulse lasers usually scare them to look for easier targets. The best part is that this setup doesn't really require any skill against other pugs (any premades will ecm your lrms useless and swarm you once they've finished faster targets)

edit: patch notes are up
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:55:11 AM by satael »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: