Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:05:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1009531 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2345 on: March 14, 2013, 11:23:03 AM

So, been putting some time into the Treb 3C. On paper, it seemed to be my centurion CN9-D build on steroids. The CN9-D is simply 2 MPLs, and 2 SRM6, with XL 380. The build rocks and I smoke things, with constant top damage. The Treb 3C seems to like the 300 damage mark. And maybe a kill. I'm not sure why, really. Maybe it's the arms being blown off. Maybe a larger hitbox then the Cent....I can't quite nail it down. So, I theory-crafted some...came up with a XL 340 build with 2 ML, 2 MPL, 2 SRM 6, and like 4 bonus DBL HS's. Sounds great, does 121 with my tweak....I should really be wrecking some back armor with this bitch! IDK why, but it just doesn't work how I'd expect it. Maybe I have just had a bad couple nights, but I feel like I was way more deadly in my cent :( Bummer, cause I been leveling the Trebs for like a week. At least the 7M is fun.

Now I'm kinda bummed about my 5.5 million XL 340 buy, but I guess it fits in other stuff too.....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2346 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:47 PM

Experience maybe ?  You got all the things you had in the Cent ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2347 on: March 14, 2013, 02:07:26 PM

I would suspect the hardpoint locations for comparing the CN9 vs a TBT. The TBT can drop down to an energy and missile hard point while still being alive after it loses arms. The CN9 is still running at full power in your build without arms. Hardpoint locations also allow for more or less focused damage. CN9 has missiles and lasers coming out of the exact same spot as each other, whereas the TBT has them coming from a torso and an arm, meaning not all missiles and/or lasers are hitting the same area as tightly. Plus, experience with being used to aiming with your torso instead of torso+arms combo can change things a bit, though I figure you're used to that just through normal playing experience with other mechs.

Did you reduce armor on the arms in your TBT in order to fit all that shit in (plus ammo) with that size engine similar to how some reduce arms on the CN9 since they are just shields? [edit yes this is the equal to "is your PC plugged in" but some people get in the habit of lowering armor in the exact same spots while the hitboxes and reasons for lowering armor in areas change from mech to mech].
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:18:25 PM by Segoris »
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2348 on: March 14, 2013, 04:00:10 PM

I think it's mostly what Segoris said (CN has 0 reduction in offensive power with no arms in that configuration), but I also think the CN hitboxes are odd (in a slightly-smallish way).  I feel more resilient in the Cent then the Cataphrac, which just seems wrong.

I run with a XL 300, LPL, 2 SRM6.  I actually like my CN9-A better (at least until they make the number of SRMs coming out in a volley match the number of tubes) - 2ML, 3SRM6, 89.1 KPH (standard 275 engine).
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2349 on: March 14, 2013, 06:32:40 PM

'Phracts have massive center torsos.  I get cored in mine all the time, and there's not much I can do about it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2350 on: March 14, 2013, 08:41:58 PM

New 4x build, good so far... 4 x AC/5 , 2 x ML , XL 250 engine, DHS, 5 AC5 ammos

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2351 on: March 15, 2013, 03:14:54 AM

'Phracts have massive center torsos.  I get cored in mine all the time, and there's not much I can do about it.

Turning doesn't help much either.  A Phract with an XL is just begging for trouble.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2352 on: March 15, 2013, 05:26:51 AM

Turning doesn't help much either.  A Phract with an XL is just begging for trouble.

I find when I die in my phract, it's almost always center torso. Having an XL really shouldn't hurt that bad.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2353 on: March 15, 2013, 06:25:55 AM

Maybe it's just me lining up that nice third off center auto-cannon that does it.  Fair do's.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2354 on: March 15, 2013, 06:45:26 AM

Even thought a good deal of my deaths are to CT, having an XL does decrease my survivability a noticeable amount just due to armor stripping and crits.  But then most of my 'Phracts are designed as brawlers, so I get beat up a lot.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2355 on: March 15, 2013, 07:20:45 AM

Ditto.  I don't even own a long range mech anymore.  I just like to get up and nut them, like a true Scot.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2356 on: March 15, 2013, 02:27:59 PM

Ok, seriously, I used to like my CTX-4X. Now, with 4 - AC/5 and 2 ML....it's just a beast, at a lot of ranges.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2357 on: March 16, 2013, 04:40:12 AM

I made a mistake months ago and gave my 4X FF armor.  I choose....poorly.

With that shit in it, you simply don't have the space to mount anything of worth without severely sacrificing Engine.

Also, today is chock full of legendary founder premades.  Fuck me, I'm getting my ass reamed.

Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2358 on: March 16, 2013, 05:52:15 AM

So, I just dl'd this. Is there a F13 corp? I couldn't find any mentions but this is a long thread and my search fu sucks.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2359 on: March 16, 2013, 06:00:14 AM

No corps, just gotta add friends through their horrible social tools. Some of us hop on a mumble server together, some use Teamspeak 3 Comstar server, some don't use any voice.

Just look for the list of players and start adding. Start with Slayerik, GG Unit (Samprimary), Merusk, Sugo (Ironwood), Segoris, Zaljerem, Lantyssa, Horrace (Arthur parker)... those are the names I see online most.

EDIT: Hlem is helm
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:32:18 AM by Slayerik »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2360 on: March 16, 2013, 06:55:19 AM

Had a blast last night with Zal and Ralph.  Sorry I kept dropping, guys, I have no flaking clue what's going on with this game. 

I keep getting dropped to the Mechlab, or freezing in the middle of matches for 5-10 seconds.  Turning all graphics to "low" helped to stop the lockups but I still get dropped about 1 out of every 4 or 5 games.   I don't disconnect from the game entirely since it doesn't boot me to login, just the mechlab.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2361 on: March 16, 2013, 06:57:09 AM

The one game I got to play with ya last night was Alpine Peaks...but the map has actually been growing on me a bit. Were you watching me massacre fucks in the 4X, Merusk? :) The centurion double leg was badass!

Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2362 on: March 16, 2013, 07:14:51 AM

Thanks Slay. Had to use Ranieth as Njal was taken as usual.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2363 on: March 16, 2013, 08:44:31 AM

Had a blast last night with Zal and Ralph.  Sorry I kept dropping, guys, I have no flaking clue what's going on with this game. 

I keep getting dropped to the Mechlab, or freezing in the middle of matches for 5-10 seconds.  Turning all graphics to "low" helped to stop the lockups but I still get dropped about 1 out of every 4 or 5 games.   I don't disconnect from the game entirely since it doesn't boot me to login, just the mechlab.

Ever since the last patch I've been unable to make it through a match without a hard freeze. Did the problem start then?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2364 on: March 16, 2013, 08:54:48 AM

Yep, it did. I wanted to blame the patch, but considering I've had problems getting the game to run properly since beta for more than a few weeks I was willing to believe it was me.

The one game I got to play with ya last night was Alpine Peaks...but the map has actually been growing on me a bit. Were you watching me massacre fucks in the 4X, Merusk? :) The centurion double leg was badass!

No, I missed it.  Which Apline Peaks was that?  Not the one where we ranged out and they started backcapping our base, was it? It was down to just me and the atlas on our side and an ugly loss.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2365 on: March 16, 2013, 01:10:32 PM

No corps, just gotta add friends through their horrible social tools. Some of us hop on a mumble server together, some use Teamspeak 3 Comstar server, some don't use any voice.

Just look for the list of players and start adding. Start with Slayerik, GG Unit (Samprimary), Merusk, Sugo (Ironwood), Segoris, Zaljerem, Lantyssa, Horrace (Arthur parker)... those are the names I see online most.

Also, please bear in mind the social tools are utter shit.  If we're ignoring you, it's probably because the teeny tiny wee button barely blinking is not fucking enough.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2366 on: March 17, 2013, 03:50:09 AM

See ?  Like that.  Tried to accept the group, but didn't and now you've vanished.

Friend request sent.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2367 on: March 17, 2013, 06:56:37 AM

Add Eek to play with Down Under timezone goodness. I've just started again and will be posting silly questions have doing some trawling in this Thread
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2368 on: March 17, 2013, 07:55:23 AM

So I'm playing an assault match in my CATA LRM boat. Things look dicey so I head for the enemy base. I get there plink away with meh effect while capturing. Then 2 enemy lights come up. I manage to kill one with my 2Mls (it was badly damaged) and the other one is running circles around me. I'm nearly dead from back shots so I start manouvering with a couple of slivers left before capture and the enemy light is in and out of the zone. So what does one of my dead team-mates say? Go on you can guess ... "Stay in the zone retard." Less than 10 seconds later I finish the capture. I love online games. :)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2369 on: March 17, 2013, 08:11:47 AM

I just got this recently. How much premium ammo will I need to purchase to be a winner?
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2370 on: March 17, 2013, 09:13:26 AM

I just got this recently. How much premium ammo will I need to purchase to be a winner?

Extra mech slots will come in handy.  You need to have 3 variants of a mech to get to the last tech tree.  They don't sell for much if you are going that route.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2371 on: March 17, 2013, 03:47:32 PM

Extra mech slots will come in handy.  You need to have 3 variants of a mech to get to the last tech tree.  They don't sell for much if you are going that route.

I bought a CPLT-A1. It's doing well in matches so far. So what you are saying is that i need to buy 2 more catapults to master it?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2372 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:56 PM

I bought a CPLT-A1. It's doing well in matches so far. So what you are saying is that i need to buy 2 more catapults to master it?
You need to get the basic skills for three different types of a single mech chasis to be allowed to train the advanced skills.
Are you using the stock build on that A1 ? I tried and I could not do shit in PUG matches.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2373 on: March 17, 2013, 03:55:48 PM

So I have mastered basic on 2 CTF variants. If I sell one do I lose the mastery? Or can I do that so I can buy the third one?
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2374 on: March 17, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

You need to get the basic skills for three different types of a single mech chasis to be allowed to train the advanced skills.
Are you using the stock build on that A1 ? I tried and I could not do shit in PUG matches.

I bought LRMs for it to begin with. Those weren't very effective so I switched it to all SRM6. If I get up close to someone I can melt their face. It's a glass cannon though. I can send you the build if you want it. I'm saving cash for a better engine right now.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #2375 on: March 17, 2013, 04:22:43 PM

You don't lose the skill points you have in a mech if you sell it.  In fact if you sell one and rebuy it later it will have the same xp as when you got rid of it.  But note you have to have 3 mechs in one weight class  (light, medium, heavy, assault) maxed out with all elite skills to be able to unlock the master module slot.  To unlock master you have to have 3 mechs total in one weight class that have all elite skills maxed out, unlike going from basic to elite they don't have to be variants of one mech.  But unless you want to buy 3 other mechs in that same class to eventually get that mech to master I'd recommend keeping all three.  Personally I have only spent MC on more slots and hero mechs, have yet to purchase more premium time after my 30 days founder bonus ran out and while I miss the extra xp and money I don't feel I'm crippled without it, especially after they added bonus's for savior kills and things like that. 

If I had more time I'd maybe buy more premium time when they have a sale on it like now but since the last patch, like others have said, I freeze randomly on matches so the frustration has been keeping my in game time down. 

BTW a good link to check out that gave me some insight on how some equipment works not provided elsewhere.  Unofficial MWO wiki

Updated upcoming mechs thread
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #2376 on: March 17, 2013, 04:27:55 PM

Thanks for that. Good advice.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2377 on: March 17, 2013, 05:06:59 PM

You don't lose the skill points you have in a mech if you sell it.  In fact if you sell one and rebuy it later it will have the same xp as when you got rid of it.  But note you have to have 3 mechs in one weight class  (light, medium, heavy, assault) maxed out with all elite skills to be able to unlock the master module slot.  To unlock master you have to have 3 mechs total in one weight class that have all elite skills maxed out, unlike going from basic to elite they don't have to be variants of one mech.  But unless you want to buy 3 other mechs in that same class to eventually get that mech to master I'd recommend keeping all three.  Personally I have only spent MC on more slots and hero mechs, have yet to purchase more premium time after my 30 days founder bonus ran out and while I miss the extra xp and money I don't feel I'm crippled without it, especially after they added bonus's for savior kills and things like that. 

If I had more time I'd maybe buy more premium time when they have a sale on it like now but since the last patch, like others have said, I freeze randomly on matches so the frustration has been keeping my in game time down. 

BTW a good link to check out that gave me some insight on how some equipment works not provided elsewhere.  Unofficial MWO wiki

Updated upcoming mechs thread

Yeah, I haven't activated my premium time yet because I can't/haven't committed to making MW my main game yet...

Awesome, I just realised that only certain mechs can load ECM. Awesome. I love this game.

The more you know!
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2378 on: March 17, 2013, 08:39:20 PM

New 4x build, good so far... 4 x AC/5 , 2 x ML , XL 250 engine, DHS, 5 AC5 ammos

Gave this a run last night.  Having a bit of fun.  I had to add a bit more ammo.  Kept running out at the end of game and 2 ML was not cutting it.

Averaging well over 600 damage a game though.  Not bad at all.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2379 on: March 18, 2013, 02:51:01 AM

So many bad pilots.  That Dragon should be ashamed of himself.  Or, possibly, herself.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: