Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:51:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1010540 times)
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #2170 on: February 21, 2013, 01:19:29 PM

Where is everyone.  :(

This guy's at work. :(

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2171 on: February 21, 2013, 03:16:51 PM

Well, I had fun tonight and YOU MISSED IT.

why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2172 on: February 22, 2013, 02:27:36 AM

so here's what I do while i'm leveling up my three catapults.

I sneak around into their base ASAP. I step on it and give the star colonel batchall speech from the terrible mechwarrior cartoon. A FULL TRINARY STANDS ASSEMBLED TO TAKE YOUR BASE. WHAT FORCES DARE OPPOSE ME? YOU DARE REFUSE MY BATCHALL?

http://www.twitch.tv/samprimary/c/1952213
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2173 on: February 22, 2013, 03:05:47 AM

Ok, that was funny.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2174 on: February 22, 2013, 03:52:47 AM

Just uninstall Bad Atlas was funny.

Damn, I am having real trouble getting cash.  What's the situation with Repair and Rearm these days ?

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2175 on: February 22, 2013, 03:53:46 AM

That atlas at the end was really the finishing touch  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2176 on: February 22, 2013, 04:01:34 AM

There's no rearm and repair and I believe they said they weren't going to bring it back as it's just a tax that doesn't hit energy builds as hard.

Past few weeks I've been grinding cash/mech xp by playing lots of matches with the sound off, in a small window while watching films/tv shows on the rest of the screen.  Making cbills is purely down to more matches played with premium time and or hero/founders mech giving a bonus.

I'd almost considered it as sad as saying something like "cbills/per hour" only the game is good enough that I keep having to rewind whatever I was watching as I get caught up in the game.

I'm trying to master all the mechs (40) I own before premium runs out.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2177 on: February 22, 2013, 04:05:59 AM

Right.  I guess I just suck balls then.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2178 on: February 22, 2013, 04:10:12 AM

You probably just tinker with loadouts and without premium you likely only make 90k or something for a decent win.  Don't sell weapons, only sell engines if you have more than 1 of it, completely strip any mech you aren't playing.  Captures are poor money rewards too which doesn't help, and 1.5 million for double heat sinks on a new mech doesn't help.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2179 on: February 22, 2013, 04:33:33 AM

With a grand total of 3 mechs to my name, you wouldn't believe how often I don't tinker with loadouts.

No, I just suck balls.  Good advice though.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2180 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:23 AM

Work out a time to meet-up with Sam, Slay or Zil this weekend and make some cash.  Goes much better if you're teamed.  When I was running with Zil I made far more than I am solo.  If you don't have a primo mech, get one.  The cash difference is pretty significant over time, particularly since you only have 3 mechs.

I was on for an hour and a half last night now that the Vid card has been repaired and returned. No glitches, hitches or crashes, hooray.   I'm studying for the ARE this weekend, though, so I can't sit down and burn through some matches with you.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2181 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:37 AM

There's a tournament this weekend:http://mwomercs.com/tournaments
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2182 on: February 22, 2013, 05:59:32 AM

There's a tournament this weekend:http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Online tourneys of this sort fail to excite me anymore.   I'm too old to have the time to sit there for an entire weekend grinding match after match to even attempt this.  Much less delude myself in to believing that I'm good enough to compete for the TOP 3 SCORES IN AN MMOOhhhhh, I see.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2183 on: February 22, 2013, 06:47:07 AM

Meh.  I'm not a Raven 3L pilot, so no point in me even trying.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2184 on: February 22, 2013, 06:54:38 AM

That's kind of cool though, and at least they're having people queue solo (who knows if it is something which actually works and discounts group stats though why so serious?).
Edit: Also, great stress test for the ELO system. And first match in Alpine - fuck that place, way too huge. The cover isn't completely awful (I went lone-wolf on a Stalker brawler) with smart use of the mountains. The map being so large that, unless you're going 80kph+ or both teams just so happen to go right to each other, it takes more time to reach the enemy than it does to kill them is pretty ridiculous.
Edit2: though, when you get a different map, having people in full on long range builds makes being a brawler even better sometimes thanks to their minimum range Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:15:27 AM by Segoris »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2185 on: February 22, 2013, 08:26:27 AM

So did I miss a LRM nerf at some point?  My founder's cat with Artemis was doing shit damage yesterday, even on Alpine Ridge with folks in open cover.   The Apline Ridge game I emptied my entire rack (800 missiles) on targets I was able to hit at 500m with TAG and only had around 150-200 damage.

Thinking of dropping it down to just SRMs and lasers because it was so terrible.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2186 on: February 22, 2013, 08:27:53 AM

Maybe ran into a group with a lot of AMS's? I haven't noticed any significant change...but I've been spidering lately.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2187 on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:31 AM

if there's something i have learned simultaneously via you guys, or my irl friends, or the goons, it's Drop As A Group. period.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2188 on: February 22, 2013, 09:28:29 AM

A lot of people are grouping due to ECM and I find that AMS is having the desired effect on LRMs.  If they actually get a lock (doubtful) the AMS chew up the incoming.

This is why I switched from my stock Trenchbucket to a 4 laser 2 srm6 brawler.  And he's fucking awesome.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2189 on: February 23, 2013, 02:38:02 AM

It's about 14½ hours (I think) into the "Be a hero" challenge and the top players in each of the "weight" classes is at 120+ games already (and I think the challenge still has something like 48 hours to go).  why so serious?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2190 on: February 23, 2013, 06:19:37 AM

Exactly what I was getting at in my post above.   When I started seeing WOT players with 2month old accounts that had 3x as many games as me, I realized I was too old and had too many responsibilities for these Internet "contests."

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2191 on: February 23, 2013, 09:40:47 AM

the contest was literally not even to be considered as winnable by anyone who was not running an account 24/7 by multiple people and had duplicate copies of a supreme build so that they could immediately leave any battle they died in, jump in the exact same mech, and requeue immediately.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2192 on: February 23, 2013, 11:53:47 AM

I thought the scoring would have been something more in the line of score from 10 best games (modfied slightly by the amount of games played)
Just 26 hours in the top score in heavy has 117 wins and 106 losses (if it's just 6 minutes per game that's well over 20 hours of playtime...)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:57:28 AM by satael »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2193 on: February 23, 2013, 12:06:01 PM

Nope.
For the Light, Medium, Heavy, and Assault Champion challenges we are using an aggregate score that weighs Win/Loss Ratio, Kills, Kill Assists, Capture Assists, Spotting Assists, and Games Played.

All players within striking distance have over 100 games played and the top 3 for each class have 100+ wins. Most have 50-70 losses.  Since it's aggregate, more games played = better chances. 

Now think on this.  If you're averaging 7 mins a match, then the lowest # of games played in the top 3 right now (144)  will have been in game 16.8 hours.  That doesn't count eating/ pissing/ queue time.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2194 on: February 23, 2013, 12:12:33 PM

so here's what I do while i'm leveling up my three catapults.

I sneak around into their base ASAP. I step on it and give the star colonel batchall speech from the terrible mechwarrior cartoon. A FULL TRINARY STANDS ASSEMBLED TO TAKE YOUR BASE. WHAT FORCES DARE OPPOSE ME? YOU DARE REFUSE MY BATCHALL?

http://www.twitch.tv/samprimary/c/1952213

I'm glade MWO is keeping the grand tradition of previous Mechwarrior games, by having great graphics that you never see due to the enhanced imaging.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2195 on: February 23, 2013, 11:28:43 PM

that's totally not true, you saw me turn it off for a second just to make sure my missile doors were open

anyway, the prize for the tournament should be a poopsock you can hang in your mech because good goddamn
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #2196 on: February 24, 2013, 10:17:17 AM

anyway, the prize for the tournament should be a poopsock you can hang in your mech because good goddamn

I didn't even bother to opt-in, you'd need a ridiculous amount of time free and in the cockpit to compete. As a young teen, I might have dedicated the weekend to nothing else. Nowadays, not so much.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2197 on: February 24, 2013, 11:01:07 AM

Anyone have a recommendation on a 3rd stalker?  I really want to move into the Elite tech tree.

I have the 3F (4LL build), 5M (3LL, 5xSRM6)

I was thinking a STK-5S

Or maybe a LRM version?  I really love the 3F.  The 5M is, not quite what the 3F is.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2198 on: February 24, 2013, 11:06:07 AM

I didn't even bother to opt-in, you'd need a ridiculous amount of time free and in the cockpit to compete. As a young teen, I might have dedicated the weekend to nothing else. Nowadays, not so much.

I doubt a young teen has played over 400 games (like the current leader in the heavy leaderboard). The tournament is about 48 hours in and 400 games (at 6 minutes/game) means 40 hours of playtime in 2 days. Any parent that allows a kid to do that should really consider some lessons in (decent) parenting  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2199 on: February 24, 2013, 12:57:44 PM

just grab any leftover stalker chassis and boat it to elite. 3F is the only one you need ex post facto.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2200 on: February 24, 2013, 01:23:42 PM

SRM Artemis ?  Yay or Nay ?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2201 on: February 24, 2013, 01:34:01 PM

I like it in my fast centurion.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2202 on: February 24, 2013, 01:47:26 PM

That just sounds awfully rude.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2203 on: February 24, 2013, 06:07:56 PM

I'm messing around with my different 'Phracts since I got my 2X all the basic certs.  Took my 3D with a Guass/ER PPC for a spin and ended up on Alpine.  Three kills, which compared to some of you is nothing, but the kill of the night was an LRM Catapult who peaked out while my back was turned.  I spun around, brought my guns to bear... and headshotted a pristine 'mech.  Kinda sucked for him, but it made for fun on my end.

The match before I killed a Jenner by shaving the head of a friendly Atlas.  Only a few pixels of clearance.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2204 on: February 24, 2013, 07:42:37 PM

SRM Artemis ?  Yay or Nay ?

I don't like them that much for SRM6. SRM2/4 I can see, but not 6 if you have enough ammo. I think if I was to advise anyone when to use Artemis on SRMs, it would be if you have 1-2 SRM6 that is fine (though I still choose not to), 3 SRM6 would go either way, and 4+ it is not worth it. My thoughts are at that point the extra ammo outweighs any benefit from Artemis when you can solve greater spread of the missiles with more missiles. Then there is the secondary part of (off the top of my head) any mech which holds 4+ SRM6 anyways is probably going to need the crit slots or they'd suffer in that area too with low ammo.

I'm messing around with my different 'Phracts since I got my 2X all the basic certs.  Took my 3D with a Guass/ER PPC for a spin and ended up on Alpine.  Three kills, which compared to some of you is nothing, but the kill of the night was an LRM Catapult who peaked out while my back was turned.  I spun around, brought my guns to bear... and headshotted a pristine 'mech.  Kinda sucked for him, but it made for fun on my end.

The match before I killed a Jenner by shaving the head of a friendly Atlas.  Only a few pixels of clearance.

Regardless of how well someone does, those are still great moments imo. I still get excited over headshots, more so when I have consecutive headshots.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: