Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:42:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1010288 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: June 29, 2012, 01:26:11 AM

Fuck.

Still, being a filthy Eurofag was a long shot anyway. 

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: June 29, 2012, 10:28:11 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #422 on: July 04, 2012, 03:31:46 PM

And I'm still not in the bloody beta yet.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #423 on: July 04, 2012, 05:05:28 PM

All quiet here as well...

Please let the last mechs be a Panther and Victor...

Please...  Heart awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #424 on: July 05, 2012, 01:26:45 AM

I gotta say, their artists are great. They are making some 'mechs that were pretty "meh" in the original illustrations look fantastic.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: July 05, 2012, 02:40:05 AM

Except the Raven.

The Raven always looks shit.  It's the new Locust.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: July 05, 2012, 07:43:40 AM

Maybe if they make enough money they can buy the rights to the unseen and end that farce for once and for all.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: July 05, 2012, 08:58:24 AM

Please let the last mechs be a Panther and Victor...
Or a Banshee or Cyclops.  I'd love the Panther for sure.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: July 05, 2012, 09:06:28 AM

Thunderbolt!

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:30 AM

Thunderbolt is a Heavy.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: July 05, 2012, 09:57:11 AM

I was about to say "what's your point?". Then I realized the grid is only missing a light and an assault. Which sucks in so many ways, including the fact that it's all a tease since they told us we are not even gonna get those 16 for release. So, since they are not stopping at 16 either, why do they even bother with the 4x4 scheme?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #431 on: July 05, 2012, 10:39:10 AM

Catapult remains my favorite mech chasis. No idea why.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: July 05, 2012, 11:49:35 AM

No clue either since it's nothing but an ugly Marauder. wink

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: July 05, 2012, 12:04:49 PM

I can't help it but Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) is my favorite mech in battletech.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #434 on: July 05, 2012, 12:52:23 PM

The arms make the Marauder ugly!  Reminds my of Kyron's mech in Robotech. Bleh!

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: July 05, 2012, 01:52:15 PM

I gotta say, their artists are great. They are making some 'mechs that were pretty "meh" in the original illustrations look fantastic.
Artist, singular. (He's also the one behind that "Atlas killing furries" picture )

The arms make the Marauder ugly!  Reminds my of Kyron's mech in Robotech. Bleh!
There's, um, probably a reason for that.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #436 on: July 05, 2012, 02:11:53 PM

That was kind of the joke.  awesome, for real

Not that I know the specifics but I'd heard the stories long ago and realized the Marauder was one of those "ooh no we didn't steal that <tee hee>" mech designs when I Googled the picture to see what Lant was referencing.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #437 on: July 05, 2012, 03:30:08 PM

I can't help it but Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) is my favorite mech in battletech.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Yup! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

MW2 + TW + jump jets = win!

Seriously once I learned how to dodge rockets with the jump jets I never lost in a TW thanks to my l33t skills and CH FlightStick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals. Oh and having an ISDN line while everybody else were still on modems didn't hurt either. awesome, for real
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: July 05, 2012, 04:59:54 PM

I am so sad they don't have the Warhammer. The picture on the 2nd edition (the one after Battledroids).

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: July 05, 2012, 05:02:26 PM

Yup! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

MW2 + TW + jump jets = win!

Seriously once I learned how to dodge rockets with the jump jets I never lost in a TW thanks to my l33t skills and CH FlightStick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals. Oh and having an ISDN line while everybody else were still on modems didn't hurt either. awesome, for real

The TW was a shitty mech to use in MW2, the hit box (well bubble) on the legs and head were ENORMOUS.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #440 on: July 05, 2012, 06:03:00 PM

Clearly you never mastered the jump jets awesome, for real
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: July 05, 2012, 10:34:03 PM

Jumpjets in MW2 (Mercs for me) were amazing...

Maybe too manueverable but damn was it fun. From what I remember of Jumpjets in 3025, they were a decent multiplayer compromise. Wasn't a big fan of teh slowness of MW3...
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: July 06, 2012, 12:59:06 PM

Jumpjets in MW2 (Mercs for me) were amazing...

Probably a bit overpowered, if I recall correctly.  I used to make Assault mechs with tiny engines and toss a single jump jet in the torso somewhere, and outrun Jenners by jetting horizontally.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: July 06, 2012, 02:14:05 PM

Clearly you never mastered the jump jets awesome, for real

Quite the opposite, as the jetting just made your legs an even bigger target and you landed with one foot gone after I pumped 3 pulse lasers into you. Missile boats were for people who couldn't lead the lag and the folks with early high speed net were the easiest to hit of all. Bonus points for landing on the TW's giant head for the DFA. The chassis of choice was the Warhammer in netmech, the head was actually hunkered down between the L/R torso bubbles and the leg bubbles were quite small.

JumpJets in the MW2 games in general, were not even close to what they were supposed to be. They were fun, but they turned any Mech into something you would expect to see in a anime.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: July 07, 2012, 04:18:00 AM

Only one way to solve this stupid Peen Contest.

RELEASE THE GAME !  F13 BLOODBATH !

LIGHT THE BEACONS !

(Cheryl Teague.  Nice.)

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: July 07, 2012, 06:10:27 AM

Clearly we should just play some NetMech, I still have the floppies somewhere  why so serious?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: July 07, 2012, 06:57:52 AM

Do you have a floppy drive though?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #447 on: July 07, 2012, 11:49:40 AM

Bring it!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: July 07, 2012, 02:04:03 PM

Do you have a floppy drive though?

I'm sure I have one somewhere!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: July 08, 2012, 06:47:33 AM

Take me on, chaps, you'll end up like this guy.

But seriously, I'm frigging Jonesing for a game here.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #450 on: July 09, 2012, 12:05:32 AM

I'll say again, Goons are going to all join one house en masse, their only hope will be that having big numbers can win them shit on the campaign map. They are going to intentionally shit on a very beardy and overwrought fanbase in every way they can because they are 100% 4chan who pretends they are better than 4chan. The main reason many of them will play this game is a chance to disrupt people who take MW way too seriously and have been members of pretend house military units online for a decade(s).

Personally its depressing that they will be a part of this. 3025 was full of neckbeardy types that probably specialized in those hardcore detailed historical wargame tabletops but it was a good crowd that was mainly full of respect for opponents and certainly had lots of respect for the lore and people who wanted to really RP it.

Goons are going to go all in to disrupt that community that has existed because that's what anon would do.

Anyone who brushes that shit off is only doing so because Goons have a tendency to win, because they have a tendency to outnumber the fuck out of people, and being on the winning side is the most fun.

Which is why again I hope these devs do a lot more than 3025 did keep highest numbers online from determining so much of the campaign map success.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: July 09, 2012, 12:24:10 AM

I take hope in the following from: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/2247-dev-blog-1-community-warfare/

Core Worlds – Are managed by the dev team.  These are worlds that necessary for future planning and part of major historical events.
Faction Worlds – Are fought over by Faction players.  These planets buffer core and border worlds, and do not play a significant role in major historical events.  Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction.
Border Worlds – Are fought over via a contract bidding system by player run Mercenary Corporations.  These planets change hands on a regular basis, and have no impact on historical events.  Rewards for controlling a boarder world are significant and go directly to the occupying Merc Corp.
It’s important to state now, that worlds can change from Border to Faction to Core, or any combination thereof, at any time by the development team.  This will be necessary to facilitate dramatic changes in faction territory control as we progress through some tumultuous times within the BattleTech® universe.

So even though there's going to be subtle changes in borders and planet control, some things will remain constant in the timeline. The interesting thing is how the community will react to this. The hardcore neckbeards won't mind Goons getting CCPed to match storyline but the average big robot fan that isn't neckbeard might see this as arbitrary Dev decisions...

Steiner-Davion/St Ives Pact 4 lyfe! why so serious?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #452 on: July 09, 2012, 12:50:27 AM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: July 09, 2012, 01:43:09 AM

It's the Caution:Owies that makes it.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: July 09, 2012, 04:41:42 AM

I'll say again, Goons are going to all join one house en masse, their only hope will be that having big numbers can win them shit on the campaign map.

I think you might be suffering post traumatic stress disorder from being on the losing side in one too many eve space battles? Number's won't count for much in 12 vs 12 matches. What will count will be 12 guys on the same voice comms working as a team vs 12 random people thrown together who can't talk to each other, but good luck with doing anything about that.

Even then the battlefield map won't come into the game for months, logistics, espionage and strategic abilities don't come into it either, and Goons are going the CapCon, who from the novel's and protagonist stories are the bad guys already. Surly most of the playerbase WANTS to be the MechKnight valiantly and honourably playing House Davion and fighting against the merciless and inscrutable hordes of House Lio?

For what matter, I don't think they did much in World of Tanks either. Personally I expect the House of Lowtax not to make much impact- if the Capellen Confederation starts wining the devs will just magic up some victory for House Davion anyway - isn't that what happened in the books?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: