Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:12:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1010111 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: June 25, 2012, 07:42:38 AM

Humour>All.  It's a large group so you have the usual things you would expect, nice people & arseholes.  It has deeply committed people who will put months of effort into something boring and complicated just to piss other people off, while at the same time they will throw all that effort away with little thought if it's funny to do so. 

I like them, I wouldn't want to fight against them as their troll posting/propaganda is so good at making people hate them.

Sounds like Malkavians.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: June 25, 2012, 07:47:15 AM

That's probably the most apt description I've heard of the Goons.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #387 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:16 AM

Just about everything I've heard about them paints them as nerdy bullies, people who want to have fun by ruining your day, and fuck with your shit on a personal level because lol internets or whatever.  This is stuff coming from both their enemies as well as the Goons themselves.  I've never encountered them myself as far as I know, so I may be way off base, but that's the image of them that I'm getting.  *shrug*

They're pretty much 4chan Anons who act like 4chan Anons but who think they're not because they pay to be on SA forums. We have some at our local game shop who go on and on about retarded goonfleet crap and then flip their shit when you tell them that they're like Anonymous but lamer because they only do stuff in videogames and they pay to post on a message board.

Also, I wonder when Living Legends is going to be served a C&D since it's a fan mod, isn't it? MWO isn't going to allow direct competition, especially if it's prettier and completely free.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: June 25, 2012, 10:33:13 AM

Nah, 4chan is a SA spinoff.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: June 25, 2012, 02:07:05 PM

Nah, 4chan is a SA spinoff.

Not a spinoff, but SA did exist first. But that doesn't mean it's derivative. That would be like saying Haemish's writing is a F13 spinoff, Ironwood's whatever the fuck he does is a F13 spinoff, or F13 is a LTM spinoff.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #390 on: June 25, 2012, 02:14:43 PM

Pretty sure F13 is a LtM spinoff.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #391 on: June 25, 2012, 02:25:08 PM

This never ends well.  Ohhhhh, I see.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #392 on: June 25, 2012, 06:13:42 PM

This never ends well.  Ohhhhh, I see.

As an F13 spin-off, we're going to put you in a house with, oh, WUA, Dash and grunk and film the results. It'll be zany!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Guilds have aversion to Goonswarm in the same manner a group of friends leave a bar when the party bus full of drunken frat boys pulls up outside.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: June 25, 2012, 07:04:51 PM

The goons aren't complex.  If they roll in and fight you, and you behave like you're playing a game and attack them back while not taking it too seriously, they'll like you.  But if you behave like they just dug up your dead mother and had sex with her because the game is serious and start making strident posts about them on the forums, they'll decide that you're their new project.  And then your pain will begin.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: June 25, 2012, 07:40:52 PM

Nay sir. At least not directly. Somewhere, someone has surely made an awesome diagram of all the different boards that rose and fell and the dates involved.

Regardless, giant robots and whatnot.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: June 26, 2012, 02:26:56 AM

Ironwood's whatever the fuck he does is a F13 spinoff

Please.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #396 on: June 26, 2012, 05:13:36 AM

They're pretty much 4chan Anons who act like 4chan Anons but who think they're not because they pay to be on SA forums. We have some at our local game shop who go on and on about retarded goonfleet crap and then flip their shit when you tell them that they're like Anonymous but lamer because they only do stuff in videogames and they pay to post on a message board.

I don't think anyone is saying the goons don't come across as incredibly annoying, but with so many of them, there have to be some who aren't actually like that.  Also ltm used to link SA so that's how I found it.

The only concern I have about playing online with them again is that some mwo dev might go ape and ban anyone associated with them.

Goon Beta thread apparently got closed (no nda breaking stuff).

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: June 26, 2012, 05:47:04 AM

goons ruin everything
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:48 AM

goons ruin everything

Even THIS beta-thread...

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: June 26, 2012, 06:55:33 AM

Someone went through 800 posts and listed all the reasons to lock the thread?  I know it's a Mechwarrior game and the number crunchers that attracts (Hi, I'm Lan!), but what kind of horribly crippling levels of OCD can possibly lead to that?

"Locked, because of trolling."  Done.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: June 26, 2012, 08:37:10 AM

This makes me want to play with the goons. Does SA accept paypal ?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: June 26, 2012, 01:50:51 PM

If you do sign up, lay low for a month and join in some conversations outside the game forum, don't just run into their MWO thread.  If they see you pop into a gaming thread on the same day you made your account, they'll call you a J4G (Join SA 4 Guild) and probably a faggot for good measure.  They're lovable that way.

Which is pretty much what we'd do if someone signed up on F13 and immediately tried to get into bat country, except without the faggot part and with bigger words.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: June 26, 2012, 05:21:59 PM

Goon Beta thread apparently got closed (no nda breaking stuff).

The more they tighten their grip, the more posting will slip through their forums.

Goonswarm is going to be House Liao (and take over the Federated Suns) until the Clans show up and then they'll switch to a Democracy and stop the clans 80 planets away from Tukkayid using armies of Urbanmech's.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:17:47 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: June 26, 2012, 06:57:41 PM

If they hindered the Clanners I could do nothing but applaud.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #404 on: June 26, 2012, 10:48:25 PM

Humour>All. 

For certain values of "humour" anyway.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:02 AM

If you do sign up, lay low for a month and join in some conversations outside the game forum, don't just run into their MWO thread.  If they see you pop into a gaming thread on the same day you made your account, they'll call you a J4G (Join SA 4 Guild) and probably a faggot for good measure.  They're lovable that way.
Yeah. That's a given.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
WayAbvPar

Reply #406 on: June 27, 2012, 09:49:47 AM

I joined SA a few years ago as a backup plan when I was playing Eve with Bat Country. I eventually started posting and playing games with goons, and have been happy with both. In such a large community there are bound to be some antisocial types, but for the most part they are good folks. Similar to here, but skew probably 10 years younger. Just avoid the goddamned MLP freaks.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: June 27, 2012, 10:19:37 AM

There is a lot good about the SA forums.  Have a question about your taxes?  There's a tax thread with lots of good advice and people willing to point you to the applicable part of the tax code.  Have a tech question?  There's a whole forum of Trippy level uber geeks who will answer it for you.  Don't know what new podcasts are any good?  Another whole forum, same with Music, TV, Movies, Books and etc... Want to lose weight?  There is a forum dedicated to health and exercise and and debunking bad info and so on.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: June 27, 2012, 11:51:07 AM

There's a whole forum of Trippy level uber geeks who will answer it for you. 

Told you not to spill water on him.

Fuck knows what happens if we feed him at night.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #409 on: June 27, 2012, 12:12:38 PM

MechWarrior Online - Frozen City Reveal

Voice over man has a cold or something (not a professional voice actor I bet), it's not as good as the two leaked beta videos.  

BTW am I ok to post links to the two leaked videos even though the NDA is still active?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:18:29 PM by Arthur_Parker »
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: June 27, 2012, 06:32:25 PM

Nay sir. At least not directly. Somewhere, someone has surely made an awesome diagram of all the different boards that rose and fell and the dates involved.

Awesome Diagram

LtM ->SND->WT->F13
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #411 on: June 27, 2012, 07:49:32 PM

Awesome Diagram

LtM ->SND->WT->F13

Thing is, SND and WT were boring ass places. F13 was the first diaspora site that was fun, so for me, its a LtM knockoff  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: June 28, 2012, 06:42:31 AM

Voice over man has a cold or something (not a professional voice actor I bet), it's not as good as the two leaked beta videos.  

BTW am I ok to post links to the two leaked videos even though the NDA is still active?

PEW PEW PEW-PEW-PEW.

Want.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: June 28, 2012, 12:01:00 PM

Awesome Diagram

LtM ->SND->WT->F13

Thing is, SND and WT were boring ass places. F13 was the first diaspora site that was fun, so for me, its a LtM knockoff  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Wow. SND boring? The Eldon blow up was anything but boring and F13 hasn't had any drama that matched it. I guess WT was a matter of taste but I found it amusing. Besides I just diagrammed the progression, made no claims about any of the sites.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #414 on: June 28, 2012, 12:02:16 PM

PEW PEW PEW-PEW-PEW.

Want.

Is it August yet?  /impatient.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #415 on: June 28, 2012, 12:10:05 PM

More keys going out July 10th.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #416 on: June 28, 2012, 05:23:13 PM

NDA

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

That is all.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #417 on: June 28, 2012, 05:55:48 PM

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:52 AM

NDA

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

That is all.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS enough to be worth the $60 founder package?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #419 on: June 29, 2012, 01:24:08 AM

500 keys went out last night, so worth checking  cry
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: