Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:33:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2252499 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5950 on: August 12, 2012, 09:26:05 AM

Not that I feel the need to preach the MMO gospel, but you might like The Secret World.

Yes.

Also, Minecraft!

There are zombies in both, you'd fit right in.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:34:49 AM by Xanthippe »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5951 on: August 12, 2012, 12:05:57 PM

I'll give it a go when I move again.  Right now I'm on a limited usage connection and I might get hooked.  I'm already over the limit for August.  As for Saints Row 3, so maybe it's not a good idea to use a street cleaner as your getaway car.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5952 on: August 12, 2012, 01:26:57 PM

I started on LA Noire (pc version). Excellent game but somewhat intimidating. Just like Heavy Rain, I feel like I'm ruining the investigation whenever I make a mistake.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5953 on: August 12, 2012, 01:49:38 PM

LA Noire gets worse. I'm trying to finish it just for completion's sake, but man, the game really has a bunch of disparate parts that do not work well together at all. The stories and the writing are just... not as good as they should be.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5954 on: August 13, 2012, 06:04:36 AM

As for Saints Row 3, so maybe it's not a good idea to use a street cleaner as your getaway car.
How else can you make a clean getaway?

I'm back to minecraft. SSP with Technic, hoping to get a world that doesn't get tainted before I have tools to clean it up.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #5955 on: August 13, 2012, 08:19:55 AM

Re-subbed to EQ2.  I'm not too fond of how they implemented f2p, but it has allowed us to get back in with some friends who wouldn't otherwise be playing. And I do like how they've sweetened the deal for subscribers by including a station cash monthly allowance if you're on a renewing sub plan. I do have to  rolleyes at my friends who are too broke to subscribe but seem to spend more than $15/mo in the store.

Also playing some Minecraft, SSP, as our internet has been unreliable lately.  The Countess discoverd a large biome seed that starts you out on a small island with one tree and a few tall grass. It's fun to compare our progress vs differing strategies the first couple days but now we've ended up with the same situation of having a heavily forested fully lit island with a small dig but have to sit around and wait for the wheat to grow a few times before we'll have enough seeds to grow enough wheat to support more active mining activities.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5956 on: August 13, 2012, 11:32:26 PM

Who is this Signe person? awesome, for real

Anyways, yes, everyone reading this should own a copy of Saints Row: The Third.  If they do not, they should correct that oversight.

Crusader Kings: 2 has been taking up quite a bit of my time.  There is nothing so priceless as a notification that a Bishop has died of Syphilis.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5957 on: August 14, 2012, 12:46:09 AM

Getting back to Arkham City. I got kind of bored about the point I was going up against Penguin last time (in fairness I had decided to replay Asylum right before this so was just kind of burned out) but the story's been fun. Still getting back into the flow of combat in it and shield enemies really piss me off. I've also gotten back into my playthrough of Fallout: NV although coming back into an old save I really don't feel as pack-ratish about the whole thing. Sold a load of big heavy weapons and ammo for them to give me a big bunch of caps and going to start just working through side-quests. I can't even really remember what bit of the main quest I'm on or even which of the ones in my log is the main quest so I feel a bit like a clueless bufoon with a lot of guns wandering around the wasteland, as much a danger to myself as others.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5958 on: August 15, 2012, 06:39:45 AM

fun'n'gun

Never use this word again.
I prefer to use "rooty tooty run and shooty".

Currently playing: Spec Ops: The Line, Battlefield 3.

Spec Ops' gunplay is pretty blah as fuck. I'm not far in and it's already getting kinda dark/weird.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5959 on: August 15, 2012, 06:51:10 AM

I tried to play Divinity 2 recently. It's a pretty horrible game. Has anyone moved past the horrible starting area where everything seems to be way more powerful than you?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5960 on: August 15, 2012, 07:27:53 AM

With 70+ hours into Divinity 2, I....disagree.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5961 on: August 15, 2012, 08:48:02 AM

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive beta opened up yesterday to pre-orders and played it all night.  It definitely feels more like 1.6 than Source did.  I had to turn all the graphics WAY down though.  Not for performance reasons, but because everything faded a bit too much to brown with the graphics turned up and I was having trouble distinguishing the teams.  However, the problem is totally gone with things turned down.

Generally speaking it is good.  There are custom/private servers you can join from a server list just like old times.  This is worth mentioning only because so many shooters refuse to have it at this point, and because people were talking about CS:GO being a bit of a console shooter.  But I can report it doesn't feel like a console shooter at all to me.  The matchmaking lets you choose between some gun game, some other mode I haven't tried, Classic Casual and Classic Competitive.  Classic Casual is your basic counter strike mode but you start with full armor/helmet every round, there is no team-collision, and you earn less money per kill.  Classic competitive is 5v5 with classic counter strike rules (team collision, friendly fire, start with only pistol/knife). 

Custom servers allow you to go up to 32 players by the look of it.  I played on a server with 20 and it DEFNITELY felt like the old days of CS to me.  I am actually pleasantly surprised by 5v5 though, I was anticipating it not feeling very good, and I'm not 100% sold yet but it works very well.  The rounds are limited to 2 minutes and it is very fast paced.  I'm liking it so far, and plan on mainly playing that mode until I can find some community servers to play on with a ruleset I like.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5962 on: August 15, 2012, 08:48:20 AM

How did you get past the opening part of the game? Everything seems to outlevel me. I'm getting attacked by packs of level 4-5 monsters on my first mission.

Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #5963 on: August 15, 2012, 09:35:04 AM

How did you get past the opening part of the game? Everything seems to outlevel me. I'm getting attacked by packs of level 4-5 monsters on my first mission.

You might need to grind a little to get to level 3 or 4.  Try the underground areas.  But don't worry, you'll be comically overpowered before you know it.  I finished this game, but man, it sure is clunky and unbalanced.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5964 on: August 15, 2012, 10:01:48 AM

Yeah, been a while I don't really remember. It did start a bit slow, iirc, but it does move along pretty good.

My only complaint (I think there's a thread here) is that later on (I think in an expansion area), there is some filler where you're taking out enemy castles. The first few are fun, but there's not a ton of variation. On the other hand, you get to fly in as a dragon, take out the castle defenses, land on what's left and slaughter the troops.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5965 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:49 AM

Fair enough, I'll have to grind some goblins whilst i wait.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5966 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:52 PM

I will warn you that Divinity 2 gets weird.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5967 on: August 16, 2012, 08:48:50 PM

I sorta figured that when Sky said he loved it.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #5968 on: August 16, 2012, 09:38:42 PM

The weird is half the reason to play it though.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5969 on: August 16, 2012, 11:03:55 PM

Am I the only one that got some levels under his belt by using mind reading and doing quests in the city? I think by the time I walked outside I already felt a bit overpowered.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5970 on: August 17, 2012, 04:32:56 AM

In the initial village?  No, I got my ass kicked in the forest and so I did stuff in relative safety at first.

The thing that bothered me was how I managed to miss some quests in the first area, despite lots and lots of lollygagging.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5971 on: August 17, 2012, 07:25:35 AM

Am I the only one that got some levels under his belt by using mind reading and doing quests in the city? I think by the time I walked outside I already felt a bit overpowered.
That might have been it. I was mind reading everything like a mofo.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5972 on: August 17, 2012, 07:45:46 AM

I've obviously gone outside to see goblins too fast.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5973 on: August 17, 2012, 08:59:57 AM

Nah, I found the first five levels pretty rough. I almost quit. But I stuck with it and started to hit the power curve, and then by time I could actually switch into dragon form I got bored and quit because I was killing everything in one hit.

I do suggest being an archer if you're having problems.
craan
Terracotta Army

... . ...br.. . ..br. . ...br

Reply #5974 on: August 17, 2012, 09:48:44 AM

I'm playing through Planescape: Torment again.

PWYWWYFSWLSOCA
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5975 on: August 17, 2012, 10:30:54 AM

I do suggest being an archer if you're having problems.

That's...not going to happen for me. I'm a melee or bust character in everything I play. I just don't do ranged well.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5976 on: August 17, 2012, 12:11:37 PM

Melee works. I have a screenshot or three on my Steam profile, go lookee.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5977 on: August 17, 2012, 02:08:40 PM

Been playing some Tropico 4. And even though it's really, really similar to Tropico 3 in most ways, I like it better. The campaign is more interesting or something, plus the little mini-goals give me something to work on while I'm waiting for my main objective to complete.

God Save the Horn Players
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5978 on: August 17, 2012, 05:50:02 PM

I've gotten a bit over FO:NV about 70 hours in. The quests are just too repetitive and the combat system is not especially fun or difficult, so it's beginning to wear.

I guess I could give the DLC a go and see if that is a bit of fun.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5979 on: August 17, 2012, 07:17:38 PM

Now that the big out of town work project is finally done, I'm able to actually play some games again.  I'm currently splitting my time between Secret World and Sleeping Dogs, which have both proven to be more fun than I initially expected. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5980 on: August 18, 2012, 06:22:23 AM

Still on Rift and jumped back into World of Tanks.  Getting my face owned though they have improved the matchmaker system.  Also playing Tropico 4 and Torchlight when I get the need to hack and slash.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5981 on: August 18, 2012, 09:19:38 AM

Infamous final boss is retard-tough compared to everything leading up to it.  Considering Youtubing the ending and moving on to Infamous 2.

Diablo III, had a similar scenario with Diablo at the end of Normal.  Of course, the secret there is to get some better equipment and maybe some more levels.  I'm maxed out in Infamous.

This isn't a game but I have been spending some spare time with it.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5982 on: August 18, 2012, 10:36:13 AM

Heh... me too.  I've looked at all the trailers and I am very displeased with how the time doesn't go by.  If you know what I mean.  If I know what I mean, too.  Also.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5983 on: August 18, 2012, 02:22:10 PM

Infamous final boss is retard-tough compared to everything leading up to it.  Considering Youtubing the ending and moving on to Infamous 2.

Diablo III, had a similar scenario with Diablo at the end of Normal.  Of course, the secret there is to get some better equipment and maybe some more levels.  I'm maxed out in Infamous.

It's worth beating because I believe there are some bonuses for importing your save file from Infamous into Infamous 2; the final boss really was much harder than the rest of the game.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5984 on: August 18, 2012, 04:33:40 PM

I started a 14-day trial of EVE to see if I like it any more than I did when I quit eight years ago. If it holds my interest, I'll reactivate my real account. (My old main had 12 million very out-of-date* skill points. On the plus side, she had maxed all the education skills that they later removed, so I'd start with a big swack of skill points to un-suck her.)

* Her skills are so messed up by modern standards, she only qualifies for a handful of basic training certificates.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: