Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 12:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB 2011  (Read 144785 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #140 on: March 03, 2011, 10:19:32 AM

We get enough of those fuckheads when the Red Sox come to town. The bandwagon station is filled to the brim in these parts. Seattle sports fans are terrible.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #141 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:37 AM

Are you going to punch someone in the neck? 

Ha, no I don't think it's racist to make a race of people a mascot.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

GO BRAVES! <starts the tomahawk chop>

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #142 on: March 03, 2011, 11:10:08 AM

Elijah Dukes is a real piece of work

He's absolutely fucking nuts. 

Former major league outfielder Elijah Dukes was being held in a Florida jail on Thursday after his pregnant ex-girlfriend accused him of slapping her in the face during an argument, authorities said.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #143 on: March 03, 2011, 11:26:02 AM

Baseball season is back.  Pick your team! 

That's hilarious. Also it actually lead me to the team I root for! Bonus!

Me too, sort of! I had to punt at the 'what's in the Thermos' question.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: March 03, 2011, 02:57:33 PM

Me too, sort of! I had to punt at the 'what's in the Thermos' question.

Well at that point it's a question of "Are you a girl (or Zach Braff) or are you willing to take a Bonds joke?"  Either way, a Raspberry Appletini does sound intriguing so it works pretty well.

Also, can someone explain to me the Nats/Orioles section?  I don't get it...

Edit: Paelos is now this kid to me, forever:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:03:42 PM by caladein »

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #145 on: March 03, 2011, 03:34:49 PM

Can't stop the chop!  awesome, for real

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:01 PM

It was stopped dead in 92 bitches!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #147 on: March 05, 2011, 01:55:53 AM

I was directed to the Oakland A's! I could see rooting for them.

God Save the Horn Players
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: March 13, 2011, 06:40:40 PM

I'd be more optimistic about the Jays this season if they weren't playing in the AL East.  Still, they have a nice young team, esp. their pitching staff, and if they just play as well as they're expected to, they could make a push for a wild card spot.  Could.  They'll probably need either the Red Sox or Yankees to falter, either through injury or poor performance by key players.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: March 13, 2011, 08:51:51 PM

IMO the wild card will come out of the Central in both leagues.

Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: March 15, 2011, 11:49:09 AM

Who are you picking from the AL central?  I still can't see the second team from that division beating out the second team from the east...
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: March 15, 2011, 11:52:45 AM

Twins, White Sox, Tigers, 2 out of those three will win the division and wild card, I think. The Yankees are going to faceplant a bit this year because of their rotation problems and their aging lineup, enough to keep them out of contention (they won't drop down so far as to have a losing record I think though) and I have this pegged as an in-between sort of year for the Rays. Red Sox should roll to a fairly easy East win.

Rays could always surprise me, of course, but I think there are 3 good teams in the Central so even if one of them turns out to be a sham that probably just means even more wins for the other 2.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #152 on: March 16, 2011, 04:49:49 PM

Has it started yet? God, even spring training feels like it takes forever. Stupid baseball.  swamp poop

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: March 16, 2011, 04:59:35 PM

Two weeks! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #154 on: March 16, 2011, 05:32:13 PM

Two weeks! DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Man I can barely contain my jackedupedness.

I have tix to the Cards-Braves matchup on Friday and April!

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #155 on: March 23, 2011, 12:42:37 PM

Sounds like Barry Bonds is fucked

In hushed tones, Hoskins described Bonds' use of anabolic steroids, and how Bonds and his personal trainer, Greg Anderson, talked openly about it.

"(Bonds) told me (in 1999), 'Find out about this Winstrol steroid and its effect on me,'" said Hoskins, now a salesman for a local software company. "He instructed me to go talk to (Bonds's physician) Dr. Arthur Ting."
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: March 23, 2011, 01:17:57 PM

Don't count on it, there are various reasons that Hoskins is vulnerable to being painted as an unreliable witness with an axe to grind against Barry etc. I still think it is unlikely he ever sees the inside of a cell in any case, even if he is found guilty.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #157 on: March 23, 2011, 01:39:11 PM

This is a huge waste of money at this point. He's never getting in the hall of fame. The best that comes out of this is he gets convicted to probation and is taken off the record books so Hank Aaron is referred to as the home run king again.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: March 23, 2011, 01:41:01 PM

The hall of fame is already nigh-farcical at this point, if they keep Barry, Clemens, etc., out that will just complete the transition to 'total joke'.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #159 on: March 23, 2011, 01:42:52 PM

The hall of fame is already nigh-farcical at this point, if they keep Barry, Clemens, etc., out that will just complete the transition to 'total joke'.

Put me in the camp for wanting total joke then. I'd like the last decade taken off the books, but that's asking a lot.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: March 23, 2011, 01:47:08 PM

It's already full of people who cheated (greenies, Gaylord Perry, etc.) and/or violated the 'character' clause in IMO far worse ways (hi2u Ty Cobb) so making a "stand" on this stuff is pretty seriously hypocritical on the part of the HoF and its voters. But, we've been over this ground before.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #161 on: March 23, 2011, 01:51:39 PM

The problem is we both have a stake in our respective members of that home run debate. The bias is large here.

WayAbvPar

Reply #162 on: March 23, 2011, 01:53:30 PM

I have a stake in neither and want Barry Bonds to be harpooned in his giant oversized head, have all memories/records/video of his entire career erased, and then for him to be thrown into prison. Because he cheated, yes, but also because he is a complete and utter cunt. 755 or fight!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: March 23, 2011, 01:54:19 PM

If being an utter cunt was a disqualification the HoF would have like 8 dudes in it!

WayAbvPar

Reply #164 on: March 23, 2011, 01:57:05 PM

Not all of them smugly cheated their way to multimillions.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #165 on: March 23, 2011, 03:27:06 PM

I'm kind of conflicted because while I'm very much against steroid use, even if he had never taken any in his entire life, he still would have been one of the greatest batters to ever play the game.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #166 on: March 23, 2011, 03:51:40 PM

I'm kind of conflicted because while I'm very much against steroid use, even if he had never taken any in his entire life, he still would have been one of the greatest batters to ever play the game.

Who knows?  It isn't even worth debating really.  He was a badass and he used roids to be that way.  I enjoyed watching him play.  That's about all I can ask for.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #167 on: March 24, 2011, 02:05:55 AM

That's the part that annoys me about the whole thing. Dude was already really good all on his own, but now it's all tainted and gross.

I have to agree, though, being a huge douchebag alone shouldn't count against someone getting in the HoF, unless we're going to start booting dudes out (hi2u again, Ty Cobb).

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #168 on: March 24, 2011, 06:41:07 AM

We already keep people out for being douchebags. Hey hey Pete Rose.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #169 on: March 24, 2011, 07:08:39 AM

You know, amphetamines and cocaine have been around for a long while.  I have a suspicion that some of the players in the past may have been using these drugs to help performance.  Cheating certainly isn't a new thing.  Hell, I wouldn't put it past Babe Ruth or Ty Cobb or Eddie Mercx or any other numbers of high performance athletes of the past.
WayAbvPar

Reply #170 on: March 24, 2011, 08:49:38 AM

Hey a bunch of other people may have done other bad things is an argument I would expect to hear from kindergarteners. If that is the best case for BB then he obviously has no case at all.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #171 on: March 24, 2011, 09:58:54 AM

Hey a bunch of other people may have done other bad things is an argument I would expect to hear from kindergarteners. If that is the best case for BB then he obviously has no case at all.

People are always willing to forgive people who aren't giant cockholsters about their mistakes when they actually own up to them. Or, in Barry's case, he can blame it all on his best friend and let him stew in jail for 13 months while he continues to berate the media for coming after him.

I don't care what other people did. I want him removed from baseball existence. I can forgive Pettite, and McGuire, and Canseco.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #172 on: March 24, 2011, 10:27:54 AM

I for one have no problem with Bonds being in the HOF.  I also don't really give a shit about performance enhancing drugs, either.  If they're willing to shrivel up their junk and significantly shorten their lifespan to give me more entertainment value, so be it. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #173 on: March 24, 2011, 10:47:46 AM

I will fully admit that if I found out Chipper Jones juiced, my baseball love would die with a whimper.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #174 on: March 24, 2011, 11:13:18 AM

Honestly, why let it get you down?  It's entertainment.  I was gloriously entertained when Sammy Sosa, McGuire and Bonds were swatting balls left and right, and so was the whole country.  Hell, half the league was juicing then so it was at least a level playing field.  A lot of "good guys" do bad stuff in secret.  I was a bit taken aback when Raphy was caught, but it didn't truly surprise me. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MLB 2011  
Jump to: