Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: FUCK FUCK FUCK, credit card asshole is back. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FUCK FUCK FUCK, credit card asshole is back.  (Read 12278 times)
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 19, 2004, 09:47:16 AM

Just as a tangent, whenever I get a new credit card/checkcard, I never sign the back of it. If you don't sign it, the clerk at whatever place you buy stuff is supposed to check your ID just as if it was a check. They are required to do that.

All this check ID talk reminded me of a zug prank. For those of you who haven't read it:

http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/">Credit Card Prank

I found the final entry of signing a recepit "I Stole This Card" particularly amusing.
xcarnifex

Email
Reply #36 on: April 24, 2004, 10:39:56 AM

Just as a side note.  I ran into a guy once who used to make admin passwords for NT based machines using the ascii number sequencing about two or three times in a password.

For instance, he would write the password out as:

g7[234]u94[176]q3n

To type that in... the characters in parenthesis had to be typed in while holding alt and putting a zero in front of them...or NT couldn't recognize it as a ascii sequence.

The password when typed in LOOKED like 10 characters, but you had to type in 18 characters to get it.

And one of the guys who worked for him took one of the passwords into a crypto class he was taking, and the professor said it would take most brute methods approximately 3+ monthes to crack that type of password.

And the guy who designed the passwords changed his approximately every two monthes.

Not particularly sure it would work on most online password formats due to some of them only allowing specific characters (no periods, etc).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: FUCK FUCK FUCK, credit card asshole is back.  
Jump to: