Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:13:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goalline Blitz  (Read 168075 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #385 on: July 07, 2008, 02:01:32 PM

My OT and DT are both 8 or so.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #386 on: July 07, 2008, 05:56:45 PM

My CB just hit 9.

Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: July 13, 2008, 07:36:11 PM

Well, the Mambas missed the playoffs by one game.  We are retooling the roster now with most signings happening on day 40.  Our needs include WR, CB, SS, and FS and maybe OT.  Please let me know if you have a player in the teens that is ready for AAA. 

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=2720

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #388 on: July 14, 2008, 05:19:01 AM

ARGH!

My team, Odessa Ajejes in Eastern Europe AA#1, clinched a playoff spot for the second straight year as the 8th team (9-7). We faced the 1st seeded (15-1) and forced them to the OT in an incredible match. We were so close to pull an Elie on them and then we lost the coin toss and... we got that kick in the face and suddenly it's all over!

http://goallineblitz.com/game/game.pl?game_id=72066

Can you imagine how does it feel? Maaan, I am thinking about quitting. It's to tough, my heart is trying to tell me things.  Heartbreak

P.S: this game is unhealthy.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: July 14, 2008, 05:21:14 AM

I really hope nothing like that happens today with the f13's Chachapoyas. If we have to lose then let's just lose by 100 points. The OT is too much..

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #390 on: July 14, 2008, 06:00:56 AM

Ouch, bro, tough loss.  Hate to see that.  Unfortunately, I'm going for the "keep it close" approach today as well.  I'm sure I know how you feel, I had similar thoughts after the CC lost to the crappy Sharks team 12-13 due to crappy kicking and bad luck.  We should be playing a 6 or 7 seed dammit!  I'm actually going to try to enjoy the game, be happy we got there, and hope for a miracle or two.
Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: July 14, 2008, 08:02:35 AM

I have a level 6 DE (that I can boost to 9), if we have a use for him. He is completely unbuilt, so if we want a run-stopper/pass rusher/balanced, he can be any of them.
WayAbvPar

Reply #392 on: July 14, 2008, 08:18:24 AM

I just got my team. I have no idea how many defections I am going to get, so I don't know where I will need help. There are several inactives on the roster however, so I will definitely be trimming those as I go along. If you have a player (or players) ~ 20th level that need a home, let me know!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: July 14, 2008, 08:23:34 AM

Congrats!
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: July 14, 2008, 09:28:54 AM

Congrats on the team.  You have a good stadium so the money will come rolling in.  You just need players to give it to.  :)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #395 on: July 14, 2008, 10:14:21 AM

I just got my team. I have no idea how many defections I am going to get, so I don't know where I will need help. There are several inactives on the roster however, so I will definitely be trimming those as I go along. If you have a player (or players) ~ 20th level that need a home, let me know!

If you need a CB, my level 10 had his last regular season game last night (2 INT's!).

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #396 on: July 14, 2008, 12:35:23 PM

10th level...that's like 20th level, right?  awesome, for real

Maybe  this guy looks legit would fit...
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: July 14, 2008, 12:39:16 PM

What does it take to get a team? my SS just hit level 10, with 4 tackles and an INT in the last game
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=548440

And my DT/Nose Guard is still scary as hell at level 8, although he needs to keep working on his stamina
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=603983

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #398 on: July 14, 2008, 01:51:58 PM

10th level...that's like 20th level, right?  awesome, for real

Maybe  this guy looks legit would fit...

Reading is hard and what not.

Strazos

Reply #399 on: July 14, 2008, 02:01:37 PM

Tough loss guys, but no big deal...they outleveled us...hard.

But one question...why is my ROLB doing crap like this?

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=11232023
http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=11232515

It looks like I got assigned some shallow zone defense...but once the pitch went out, I just swung out the wrong way. Is this a vision problem, or the QB/HB doing tricks and making it work vs a lowbie?

And sorry, I personally got a bit burned on some of the plays I have watched so far...but a lot of people seemed to have had missed coverage all over the place. /shrug

Time to train on hard!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

EDIT: Also, my OT and DT could use new homes ASAP if anyone has a need for them. Around lvl 10. They can be built to your specs going forward.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:21:59 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: July 14, 2008, 04:29:40 PM

Does anyone know what the "levels" are for various leagues?  I know there was talk of having a level limit for leagues, and that if you were higher than the target level there would be a penalty  to that player...it all seemed pretty gray on the details.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: July 14, 2008, 05:12:15 PM

They are supposed to flag each league with a rating based on average level at the time they are run, but it really depends on how long they have been around.

In our South America AA league, the average level is 15, and having a team of level 15 players will leave you around 8-8.  We finished 9-7.

In WAP's USA AAA league, it looks like his 6-10 team averages around 20 for starters.

We need a single A team pronto!
WayAbvPar

Reply #402 on: July 14, 2008, 07:00:51 PM

If the tactics settings were what they actually used during the season, I think it is fair to say they underperformed.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #403 on: July 14, 2008, 07:47:09 PM

I got bored and made a FB.

Nixel Hamhands Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #404 on: July 15, 2008, 07:57:17 PM

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: July 15, 2008, 09:51:28 PM

Team didn't make playoffs decided to have fun with the scrims...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=11475681 Rawr!!!

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: July 17, 2008, 08:24:54 AM

My guys will be available for teams once the playoffs are over.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/home.pl?user_id=155585

Level 10 SS (almost 11)
Level 10 FB
Level 9 DE
Level 8 TE (almost 9)

- Viin
Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: July 17, 2008, 09:55:50 AM

Here is my DE: http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=648954

I haven't spent an SP yet, so he can be just about any type of DE a team is looking for. I can also boost him for the current season to level 9.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: July 17, 2008, 06:48:18 PM

Apparently you get jack crap for XP in playoff games - My SS made 7 (!!) tackles in 54 plays and only got 200 xp. Gah.

- Viin
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: July 18, 2008, 06:04:30 AM

There is no xp in playoff or scrims (according to the sticky on the owner home page). XP is handled by total snaps you play, not performance.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: July 18, 2008, 06:25:14 AM

Ah ha I didn't even notice the announcement had changed.

- Viin
Strazos

Reply #411 on: July 21, 2008, 07:29:08 PM

So we're just ignoring these scrims, right? Oh well...

Anyway, my OT made this nifty little play...helps that the RG is a lvl 1 cpu.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=12258450

Fear the Backstab!
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: July 21, 2008, 08:09:06 PM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: July 21, 2008, 11:49:19 PM

Very cool new stuff, especially the stuff for players, daily schedules and fame.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: July 22, 2008, 05:36:36 AM

Acceleration is now more a function of agility than speed
Fuuuck. Dude needs to put in respecs imo. My SS is so fucked right now. So is my CB. So is my WR.
- Wrap up tackling style is not as good, so get your tackling up
Ohboy. See above. I mean, wrap-up /was/ too good. But most people knew that and have low tackling...should have a respec :) It is beta, after all!

Looks like it's time to change training focus...
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: July 22, 2008, 05:44:05 AM

Those were the first two things that struck me as well.  Fortunately, LB's go speed, vision, & agility so I'm not far behind.  I'll just have to start raising my tackling over the next few levels. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: July 22, 2008, 06:14:35 AM

Started a thread in the team forum.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=635826

Lots to notice about changes for season 4, but here are the two big ones that could have immediate negative impacts:

OL/DL Need to get Vision up, if not training it already, to ward off any negative impact the addition of False Starts might have.

Players on Defense need to train up Tackling, it's being made an important attribute. Wrap Up tackling will be less effective, Power Tackling will be the "force fumbles" tactic, and all tackling will be based more on the Attribute.

Play calling is going live, so I have a shit load of work to do.

There will be 1024 Single A Teams, and it would be awesome if someone could get on the list for one so we have one of these "level 13 capped teams for our young players to play on.

Agility is replacing Speed for acceleration, at least for RBs.

Probably a lot more that I am missing. Looks like we're in the no-man's land for salaries - great for the team, as it gives me a chance to build more seats in the stadium, but watch your training levels.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: July 22, 2008, 08:14:17 AM

Just an offseason note, I'm not whoring!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

If you want to hire either my 10 WR or 8 QB in the off-season, they'll work for absolute shit wages. But I also won't be boosting them nor buying them custom gear because I'm broke. Just an FYI if there's nobody with WR/QB positions that will be boosting/custom gearing.

The QB got shafted for xp in the d-league and now they'll both wallow in FA not getting xp because I'm not real interested in the game outside f13.
WayAbvPar

Reply #418 on: July 22, 2008, 08:17:27 AM

I NEED HELP!!!

Most of my free agents bailed when the owner left. Need Levels 20+ for starters, 17+ for backups. If/when that fails, I will just load up with F13 lowbies and take it in the ass for a season or two.

kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: July 22, 2008, 09:15:59 AM

Way--

I'm not sure this is any help at all, I'm on a Canadian A league team with this player:  http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=374821

The owner of the team has pretty much jacked around all season, he got the team at a Pro team that had been gutted, he has had my DE playing all sides of the ball, I even got a pancake once.  My stats are horrible, I'm not even sure if the player is on the right track.  He is level 18, I'll boost in season 4 to get the tackling up and probably some in AGI to help adjust to the new rules.

Anyway, I've PM'd the team owner to ask him about releasing me, let me know if you are interested.  I guess I'll be 21 after boosting, I like playing on F13 teams, so backup would be fine.  Not sure how the owner of Borts Wrath is, seems like an ok guy, just goofing off.  All the GM's are freaking mods.  I think they are a Sekret Bort club full of insiders.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz  
Jump to: