Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:05:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #2  (Read 27279 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #105 on: May 19, 2011, 02:04:35 PM

I think there is one guy with a broken jaw.

Calvin Coolidge was miraculously saved from death and instead received a broken jaw.  He's a level 1 beastman though.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #106 on: May 19, 2011, 07:17:41 PM

Acherontic Welkin 3 - 2 The Dandies.

The human team engaged in a crisp running game, using their superious Guard and Block access to spread the field. With some of their early blocking attempts looking a little shaky (and the Fireball nailing everything but the st4 thrower), the Elf team conceded the first touchdown of the game. However, the parabolic boosters were engaged in response, with superiour air-play and agility advantage putting the Elves ahead.

The Dandies almost conceded a fourth point late in the second half, but some heroic gameplay from Hot Ticket (indeed) the Lineman, reversed the flow of play and brought the Human team to within a point at the final whistle.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:19:26 PM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: May 20, 2011, 06:42:28 AM

Megrim's elves go the length of the field in a single turn. its very scary. I had a chance for a turn 8 score, but my blitzer failed a catch in the endzone. The ball bounced near one of his guys, and all of sudden ran the length of the field for a turn 8 lightning score!

No serious injuries to either side. I believe I leveled up a catcher and maybe a blitzer, will not know for sure till the match is validated.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #108 on: May 20, 2011, 01:20:12 PM

Two high elf teams is my least favorite thing about our division.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #109 on: May 20, 2011, 07:58:08 PM

7 Deadly 2 - Peace Dogs 2

That was one helluva game. The lizardmen of 7 Deadly against the prancing poncing Peace Dogs. The first half was a tale of 2 dice, both of them bad. Lots of failed dodge rolls on both sides, and an inordinate amount of 1 rolls by Peace Dogs. Neverthless, I managed to keep the skinks out of the endzone until the very last turn of the half. The second half went better for me, though it didn't seem like it at first. After my thrower gets clobbered by a rock thrown from the crowd, I figured on another bad half. But my lone catcher sprinted into the opposition half, and one of my more experienced linemen picked up the ball and tossed it long for a perfect catch. Next turn, my catcher ran it in for a score: 1-1.

The next possession ended with some really good luck on my part. Ezrast got the ball and caged up near midfield, but I managed to get enough on the back side of it to strip off a skink from the corner and get a blitz on the ball carrier. BAM! He goes down, the ball bounces away towards one of my blitzers who was marked by a saurus. The blitzer managed a dodge, picked up the ball and ran as fast as possible towards the endzone. Two skinks surrounded him, but I got a blitz on one of them, knocking him on his skninky ass. However, as I dodged away from the other skink, he executed a perfect diving tackle. As luck would have it, the lineman who had just blitzed picked up the ball. Next turn, the blitzer cleared a path and the lineman dodged into the endzone. 2-1 Peace Dogs.

Three turns left for the lizards to even up the score. Surely they couldn't do it if I kicked the ball deep into his half, so I did. My prancy kicker didn't know his own strength and the ball ended up off field, then placed in the hands of a saurus at the halfway line. Two turns of caging down the sidelines found the saurus surrounded by 3 elves with some skinky support, one elf in front, two in back. A well-placed blitz cleared the elf at the front, when the saurus handed off to a skink clear of tackle zones. The skink skittered his way into the endzone at the whistle, tying the game and ruining my great victory.

What a helluva game.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: May 20, 2011, 08:49:07 PM

My skinks are going to have to be disciplined after a 2-2 nail-biting match between 7 Deadly and Peace Dogs.

First half was all about the sauruses, who rolled generally excellent block dice (though not so much on the armor rolls) and stomped a cage straight up the middle after seeing the Dogs set up a heavy screen on the sideline. Then they turned around and bashed the elves some more, hoping to rid the team of a key positional player, but failed to do any serious damage despite several fouls against the elven catcher. Sonneillon, now full-time ball-handler thanks to Sure Hands, stalled by the endzone until turn 8, putting us at 1-0 for the first half. Unfortunately, I am a retard, so even though I had just deliberately stalled to the end of the half, I completely failed to account for this during HaemishM's last turn. I positioned a bunch of players on the LoS instead of putting them in the back like you're supposed to, and ended up having a couple skinks get KO'd for the rest of the game.

Fortunately my fans couldn't stand to see their favorite team at a numbers disadvantage, so they promptly pegged the Dogs' thrower with a boulder at the start of the second half, leaving us both with 9 players on the pitch. Undeterred, the elves simply used a lineman in his stead, and scored a typical passy-runny-poncy elven 2-turn TD. Confident that they could repeat the cage drive of the first half for a 2-1 victory in the next play, the Deadly lizards grabbed the ball and charged forward into what turned out to be a much better prepared elven line than was expected. Not quite able to form a full cage and having left no safeties behind, they were mostly helpless against the elves popping the ball out of Sonneillon's hands and charging up the pitch with it. A couple skinks made a half-hearted attempt at running back and putting a stop to their efforts, but to no avail (and for a moment it looked like the Diving Tackle skill had finally validated itself, too). Score was now 1-2, and I could only hope for a tie.

Fortunately, the last drive of the game started with a snap offense and a touchback, and the lizards spent their last three turns bowling over elves and dashing up the sideline as the elves frantically tried to peel off enough players to mark my ball-carrying saurus. They didn't have much chance of getting the ball away from him, but simply marking him would be enough since sauruses have the dodging abilities of a small barn. In the end, they came damn close, but not quite close enough to stop a handoff to Verrine who scurried across the goal line right before the buzzer.

We both made some errors, but ultimately I attribute my lack of win to my skinks' poor performance. Sure, they're growing into their skills well - Sure Hands, Diving Tackle, Sidestep, and Catch all saw use - but they kept failing basic shit they've been doing all their careers like dodging and waking up. I think Pruflas was faking being asleep, actually. Can't get over that he's not the most important skink on the pitch anymore. Petty bastard. He'll be running laps for a while.

I did think at first that maybe I didn't win because of my typical complete failure to set up any sort of safety during the second half, just like most games I lose. But then I saw this.
Yeah. Definitely blaming the skinks.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: May 20, 2011, 11:07:53 PM

That's a lot of 1s!
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: May 21, 2011, 07:32:40 AM

Can anyone confirm that I have uploaded the match between Megrim and I properly? I am pretty sure I did everything right after our match, but I noticed we had not been validated yet.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: May 21, 2011, 07:57:23 AM

The score is on the calendar, so it looks like it's been validated now Bann.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: May 21, 2011, 04:23:27 PM

No sign of Drogg this evening for our arranged time, been around for the last 4 hours checking steam and have not seen him come online, might struggle to get this game played now because I am going to be busy tomorrow evening and working away from home on Monday but will see if I can catch you tomorrow, by my reckoning will be around 2pm your time that I will be free for 2 hours.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: May 22, 2011, 01:11:59 AM

The score is on the calendar, so it looks like it's been validated now Bann.

Unvalidated results show on the calendar, but don't increment scores etc on the rankings.

Yours looks to have been done, think matches are currently validated up till Harbingers vs Dolls.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: May 22, 2011, 03:36:14 PM

Hunqa Hunqa 2 - Minizilla's 0

I had a plan. I failed to follow the plan and then nuffle kicked me in the nuts to prevent a tie (or Drogg had a skink with diving tackle on it).

Game started with a lag spike and Drogg handing the ball to his Krox which maybe wasn't a bad idea since he managed to punch a hole through my defence and storm down the right wing gettting within 1 turn of running in his Krox for a score, unfrotunately for him my wizard was on hand to blast the ball free and knock his 2 defending skinks down freeing the ball in a dangerous position but with nothing close to pick up the ball I manged to recover it and try to run my skink up the field where it was promptly bushwhacked and Drogg managed a safe pickup and touchdown on turn 8.

Second half I received the kick and managed to half from a cage before failing a GFI after having to burn a re-roll to pick up the pigs bladder. Plenty of bashing and my star player did a good job of keeping his Krox flat on the floor for most of the second half but I allowed my cage to get caught in my own half and having had to burn early re-roll Drogg managed to mark me up and force a break out on turn 14 which his dive tackling skink promptly put a stop to. I tried to clear the ball but failed my own attempt at a pickup and on the last turn Drogg stood up his skink, picked up the ball and waltzed in for a second score.

I would have needed a fair bit of luck to get a draw out of this match to be honest, but had a path cleared through the middle and the only unmarked player that could have blitzed me was a fellow skink so if tht diving tackle had not worked I might have eeked an undeserved draw but it was a good match played in a good spirit andthe better team won on the day. Surprisingly little harm done to the skinks, I don't think Drogg lost any and my only badly hurt came when I 1d block attacked his skink and got a both down result. Roll on more str3 teams 1d rolls without block are bad for the heart!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: May 22, 2011, 04:06:42 PM

Ulysses was gracious and patient to put up with my scatterbrained weekend planning, and we finally managed to time our match for this afternoon my time -- i was expecting a messy game either way, with my skilled up team and ulysses' 500,000 in petty cash.  he picked up a wizard, an apothecary, and slibli, who in sum were intended to compensate for my trusty krox and boqjah, my star and the only skink in the league with a kill to his name.

we got off to a weird start, where i lagged out just long enough to hand the touchback to my krox instead of one of my saurii.  it worked out okay, and i managed to meander about two thirds of the way into his half before getting fireballed.  a few wasted rerolls later on both sides and the ball was in the godzillas' hands, but i managed to trap the offending skink and sneak in a TD with only a few turns left in the half. 

second half was more standard -- ulysses caged and i counter caged and we danced along the midfield line until he bogged down enough of my saurii to make a break for it.  thankfully, that's when the doubleskulls started to hit again. slibli kept my namesake eating dirt, but i still managed to get a few little guys in ball-range and thanks to a few good rolls made it away for a second TD on the last turn of the match.

diving tackle saved me big time here -- i have to pick up a few more of those before i get to lamaros again...
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #118 on: May 22, 2011, 04:33:11 PM

1 match to go!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: May 22, 2011, 04:39:27 PM

Rolled 60k, recieved 20k. Fuck you cyanide.  Shaking fist

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: May 22, 2011, 04:57:02 PM

I rolled 20k, rerolled 40k and ended up getting 50k.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #121 on: May 22, 2011, 05:08:35 PM

That is seriously a ridiculous bug.

God Save the Horn Players
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: May 22, 2011, 05:14:06 PM

1 match to go!
Chaos vs Chaos is scheduled to take place in 5-6 hours if my calculations are not off.

Going to play exhausted from work and more or less heavily sedated from various medicaments, this is going to be one fun game.

Sorry for being late again, my schedule is a bit more crowded than I thought. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #123 on: May 22, 2011, 05:31:49 PM

Yeah, rolled 50k and received 20...and that's with winning the match.  Stupid bug.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: May 22, 2011, 05:40:00 PM

I got 80k and 40k last game if it makes you feel better.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #125 on: May 22, 2011, 06:45:21 PM

Rolled 60k, recieved 20k. Fuck you cyanide.  Shaking fist

Ha! After Falc validated this latest game, I went from having won 70k, down to 20k. At least I can afford an Apothecary!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: May 22, 2011, 11:42:51 PM

Fuck this game.

Nifty Helmets - Marauding Memes: 2-0

And fuck you Falc for kicking my newbie Chaos team out of the qualification round.  awesome, for real

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: May 23, 2011, 12:12:15 AM

In what I think was the last match of day 2 (hopefully I correctly uploaded to BB Manager so Falconeer can advance us soon) the Nifty Helmettes have won their first game ever, 2-0, vs (ironically) Helm and his Marauding Memes. This all-chaos battle saw a team head-lined by 4 chaos warriors (2 with block) face off against a minotaur-led team (with one chaos-warrior merc). Apparently in the end though 4 beats 1 (and block proves an advantage again against chaos) though his minotaur was a brutal force in the game never succumbing to wild animal (before it was taken out of the second half by a beast warrior with claw).

Helmets opted to receive and bash. Clobbering much of the opposing team (even as their str 4 beastman which was supposed to the ace in the hole proved not to be a factor, failing a gfi on a blitz in the 2nd turn and got badly hurt) until they eventually bobbled their way down the pitch, scoring in their 5th or 6th turn. A reduced line of the memes was set to receive when the crowd invaded the pitch and knocked them down to only 3 or 4 standing after the kick. The helmets took advantage of superior numbers (and less stuns?) and rushed the ball carrier who had to field a deep kick. More memes were knocked out but they held out til the end of the half but without having a scoring chance.
Both teams were fielding 10 players at the start of the second half, and the memes got a quick snap and pulled their line back to field a very short kick that almost landed directly on their side of the line but scattered to the one square they didn't occupy behind that. Unfortuantely though they recovered the ball, Nuffle decreed that the Helmets were going to get all the lucky block dice so after a few turns of scrum that cut the Maraudering numbers down considerably, they risked it on a passing game. Almost got away with a beast man who broke for the end zone, but a horrible gfi dropped him and the ball just where the Nifties were able to snake back to, and after a few uncompleted pass attempts (that still moved the ball down the field) and a heroic last ditch effort by the two Marauding Meme mercs to stop them at the far end of the field, the Nifty Helmets were able to score for a second time in the 16th turn.

1 death against the Memes but one of their beastmen (unfortunately one who will miss the next game) leveled. And the Helmets for the first time in 9 games know the sweaty sweet taste of victory!

Seriously big thanks to Der Helm for making the effort to play after a long tiring day and on heavy meds just so we can all move on to day 3; but I'll take any  path to victory I can.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:30:27 AM by Gruntle »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: May 23, 2011, 04:57:49 AM

Now begins the terrifying snowball that is a chaos team winning.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: May 23, 2011, 08:29:42 AM

Wow. Some sleep helped a lot, I am way less angry now.

Until the next game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #130 on: May 23, 2011, 08:34:17 AM

So are we done? Is it time for #3?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #131 on: May 23, 2011, 09:40:42 AM

Wow. Some sleep helped a lot, I am way less angry now.

Until the next game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Took me a while to find the zen of losing. Still get annoyed, but now it's only at cyanide's crappy interface.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: May 23, 2011, 10:28:36 AM

If you enjoy the leveling up and stat watching mini-game, losing never bugs you other than the extreme performances where you get ground into powder.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: May 23, 2011, 11:35:27 AM

Unless you lose to a ringer, amirite?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

It's been slow going with my orcs. Not getting a ton of injuries with my core players, my black orcs are finally getting block but it's been slow. My blitzers are also lagging pretty badly. Given all the running and throwing Chuck did last season, he hit level 3 (thanks to an early MVP). Almost every single MVP I've had has gone to a lineorc. I've got to get better about getting my key players into position to earn spp. I think I earned one CAS spp and that was it (other than MVP) last game. Thought I had made a pass but didn't show up.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #134 on: May 23, 2011, 11:40:42 AM

I'm not sure we have a lot of *actual* ringers, most of the people with low post counts are just lurkers who de-lurked for this or friends of f13 people from other contexts who got sucked into the league.

=========

I haven't watched any of your replays, Sky, but are you scoring your TDs with your blitzers? I would recommend that early on when you can to get them moving along the skill train. (Even with black orcs if you can get away with it but usually that is pretty hard (and fairly risky to boot)).

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: May 23, 2011, 01:45:21 PM

Have I even scored yet this season?  why so serious? Like I said, I need to learn to use my skills guys in a way to get spp. Right now I'm just trying to play tactically (and still reacting too much vs planning ahead), so earning spp isn't something I even think about while the game is going on.

Right now I have block on two of the black orcs, so they're finally starting to pull their weight!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: May 23, 2011, 01:50:08 PM

Guard is your friend, especially with BOs.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: May 23, 2011, 01:53:14 PM

Skaven are easy enough to get small amount of points.  Scoring, running and passing will do the trick.  Then, once you've got yourself up to enough points to level, some large bruiser snaps your fucking spine.

Which is nice.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #138 on: May 24, 2011, 12:07:08 AM

<mourns her dead level 2 werewolf again>

I won't have any loaner dudes or star players in my next match, so clearly my MVP will go to a dead guy. Who will probably be my +str runner.  why so serious?

Also! Congrats to Gruntle.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: May 24, 2011, 01:53:23 AM

<mourns her dead level 2 werewolf again>

Also! Congrats to Gruntle.  Heart

Thank you it required the direct interference of Nuffle to keep it from being a draw but it was nice to finally put a mark in the win column
and let me express in return to you my Congratulations/Commiserations (bittersweet Congraserations?) on your win/tragic-leveled-werewolf-loss
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #2  
Jump to: