Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:45:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cracks starting to show? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cracks starting to show?  (Read 557420 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #805 on: January 30, 2011, 08:45:07 PM

Also there was a massive boost to the exp/kill exp between zones in cata.  Level 85 might have taken 9 mil exp but quests in twilight highlands were giving 75-100k each, it made every level take about the same overall.

I am the .00000001428%
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #806 on: January 31, 2011, 08:34:07 AM

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #807 on: January 31, 2011, 08:37:29 AM

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #808 on: January 31, 2011, 08:39:46 AM

"Do I look like a casual player!?"   why so serious?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #809 on: January 31, 2011, 09:47:28 AM

GameSpy put an article up like a week ago that amounted to "cracks are starting to show". Not that anyone here really gives a fuck about GameSpy, but at least it's not just tinfoilers in this thread.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: January 31, 2011, 10:15:26 AM

Here is the story WUA mentioned.

The article feels a bit cliched, but doesn't seem terribly far off the mark.  Some people are enjoying the heck out of it, others "just aren't feeling it."

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #811 on: January 31, 2011, 11:24:25 AM

He is. I actually went to YouTube to check the comments and he's got other videos where he sounds nothing like that and doesn't act that way.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #812 on: January 31, 2011, 11:38:43 AM

He is. I actually went to YouTube to check the comments and he's got other videos where he sounds nothing like that and doesn't act that way.

I'm starting to worry about you.  You need a vacation. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #813 on: January 31, 2011, 11:41:48 AM

My problem is I'm on a permanent one at the moment.  You can only call folks so many times asking if there's openings before you're blacklisted.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #814 on: January 31, 2011, 12:09:23 PM

True Dat.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #815 on: February 01, 2011, 11:37:11 AM

It was shorter. My employment situaion dictates my play times. I work nights, so I have about 4-5 hours a night to play. I work weekends, so I essentially only have one day off. Every week is the same.

In LK it took me just over two weeks to hit 80. I averaged about half a level a night. The last couple of levels took three days each. Cata took me five days to hit 85. One level a day, and I probably could have shaved a day off of it as it was. Same time played per night, more or less. Quite frankly, I was surprised it went this quickly, but it was very easy to get a level a night. Three to four hours at the most. I did skip Vash, but did everydamnedthing in Uldum, and that zone was slow, slow, slow (but fun) because of the constant cut scenes. I hit 85 in Uldum, maybe 3/4 or a bit more of the way to the achievement.

Leveling was faster.

This.  World First 80 took 27 hours after WotLK launch.  World first 85 took under 6.  Both were being powerlevelled with out-of-group healers of course, but the difference is probably even greater for people who level via quests/instances.  Realm #2-3 on my server hit about 15 hours after release, and I know they weren't powerlevelled.  The people gunning for RealmFirst this time around were focused on little things like storing instant-cast broom mounts from halloween event and shaving a few minutes here and there off quests to get to the third hub fastest.  The WotLK race just boiled down to who had 3 days off work and an Adderall prescription.

Yes, I have a morbid fascination with these players. 

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #816 on: February 01, 2011, 12:13:34 PM

It took me about 9-10 days or so to get to 85.  I was surprised at how fast 84-85 went.  I can't remember exactly when I bought it, either 2 wednesdays ago or 2 fridays ago.  Either way, I hit 85 last night.  A lot of those days I didn't have time to play at all.  I did make sure to log out in places where I was getting rested experience, and I had good solid 5 hours or so to play this past saturday where I got basically an entire level of it done.  Other than that an hour here and a couple hours there.   The streamlined quests meant very little downtime when I was on.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #817 on: February 01, 2011, 12:16:30 PM

I think the travel time being stripped out is probably the biggest difference I've noticed.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #818 on: February 01, 2011, 12:32:20 PM

STV jumps out at me as the only zone I've encountered so far where they didn't do a great job with travel.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #819 on: February 01, 2011, 12:39:19 PM

They could stand to tighten it up in Ashenvale a bit more too.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #820 on: February 01, 2011, 12:41:58 PM

They could stand to tighten it up in Ashenvale a bit more too.
Shaking fist

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #821 on: February 01, 2011, 12:57:33 PM

It'd be nice if they made some zones easier to get to for those who hadn't been following the treadmill. Some zones are just painful to get to if you didn't quest in the zones preceding them (Winterspring and Tanaris immediately come to mind).

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #822 on: February 01, 2011, 03:07:31 PM

It'd be nice if they made some zones easier to get to for those who hadn't been following the treadmill. Some zones are just painful to get to if you didn't quest in the zones preceding them (Winterspring and Tanaris immediately come to mind).

I remember at one point the questing board said I could go to Southern Barrens or Duskwood. I was like... yeah Duskwood's down the street.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #823 on: February 01, 2011, 07:33:51 PM

I had to make the run from Org to Winterspring on my gobbie hunter last night with not a single flight path on the way. It wasn't fun, but the alternative was Un'goro Crater. At least when I had to do Tanaris I just bought a port to Dal and popped out in CoT.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #824 on: February 01, 2011, 08:31:30 PM

I had to make the run from Org to Winterspring on my gobbie hunter last night with not a single flight path on the way. It wasn't fun, but the alternative was Un'goro Crater. At least when I had to do Tanaris I just bought a port to Dal and popped out in CoT.
Why didn't you use Moonglade?  I do believe the Lunar Festival is going on right now.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #825 on: February 01, 2011, 09:33:20 PM

I now feel like a total idiot.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #826 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:51 PM

Un'goro's pretty nice now.  Very streamlined.  But then again, I've always liked Un'goro.  

Silithius was still goddamned terrible.

-Rasix
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #827 on: February 02, 2011, 12:22:57 AM

For some reason silithus didnt get any new flight hubs either, where as like every single other zone in the old world got between 2 and 5 new flight hubs.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #828 on: February 02, 2011, 05:55:10 AM

I now feel like a total idiot.
My job here is done. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #829 on: February 02, 2011, 10:40:25 AM

For some reason silithus didnt get any new flight hubs either, where as like every single other zone in the old world got between 2 and 5 new flight hubs.

I have to assume they're going to redo that zone eventually as it is painfully sucky compared to everything else.

God Save the Horn Players
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #830 on: February 02, 2011, 10:55:06 AM

They did some - all of the Cenarion Circle dailies are out.  Moved the item vendors to the "AQ10" (thought it was 20?) gate.  Took out the whole crest upgrade system off of the twilight folks.

On the plus side, I ground Cenarion Circle rep from revered to exalted via mass slaughter and page hand-ins in 3 hours, and farmed a metric fuckload of thorium in the process.   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #831 on: February 02, 2011, 11:13:25 AM

Silithus wasn't given a redo pass the same way all the other ones were, you can tell because existing characters that had done Silithus got the zone achievement when Cataclysm went live, unlike every other zone - this means the quests all still had the same IDs and everything. Hopefully they have something in mind for it.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #832 on: February 02, 2011, 11:41:10 AM

Return of C'Thun raid.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #833 on: February 02, 2011, 12:09:13 PM

Return of C'Thun raid.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Only it's like a dragon run. The idea of suffering through AQ40 long ass raids again makes me break out in hives.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #834 on: February 02, 2011, 01:26:37 PM

Overheard in trade chat recently: "Need more for AQ40, quick run."

I had to pipe back, "Quick and AQ40 are two words you normally don't see together..."  awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #835 on: February 02, 2011, 05:48:28 PM

I really hope not.  If they do something with C'thun, odds are that they'll remove AQ40.  C'thun is still one of the most awesome experiences in the game, I think, so it would be sad for them to remove it entirely like they have with other places they've adjusted.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #836 on: February 02, 2011, 05:55:27 PM

AQ20 seems more likely given Zul'Gurub (speaking of unfinished storylines.)

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #837 on: February 03, 2011, 05:22:37 AM

I really hope not.  If they do something with C'thun, odds are that they'll remove AQ40.  C'thun is still one of the most awesome experiences in the game, I think, so it would be sad for them to remove it entirely like they have with other places they've adjusted.

C'thun is neat if you could hypothetically get a group of 60s to raid him again.   We had a group of 8 (apparently the minimum needed to get the guild achievement?) clear AQ40 in about 20-25 minutes the other day, C'thun is not an awesome experience anymore.  It was just run non stop to victory except for the "1/2 of us go left 1/2 go right" for twin emps.

C'thun was: run in - killed the first phase in about 10 seconds.   Second phase, kill stuff as it spawns until the first person was swallowed, (it happened to be me).  I killed both the tentacles, and the others literally killed the boss before I had even had a chance to bounce back into the main room. Entire thing including the phase transition took maybe 1 minute. 

Now, I hope they leave it is just for the sake of nostalgia, but I have to imagine the number of people actually enjoying this content the way it was made is incredibly small, if it even exists as a group to begin with.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #838 on: February 03, 2011, 05:33:18 AM

Sounds about right.  At L80 with ilevel 200 gear (which is when I ran AQ40 on the DK) it was ridiculously easy but we were still killed by the eyebeam on the initial charge in a few times because we were disorganized.  These days I imagine you can soak the hit on even the least-geared DPS.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: February 03, 2011, 07:42:24 AM

Sounds about right.  At L80 with ilevel 200 gear (which is when I ran AQ40 on the DK) it was ridiculously easy but we were still killed by the eyebeam on the initial charge in a few times because we were disorganized.  These days I imagine you can soak the hit on even the least-geared DPS.

I think we only have 1 person there with us who wasn't there in the old days of when the guild was actually running AQ40, and that probably helped some. (we did actually have one person run in first and every one sort of kept spread out from the eye beams out of pure habit that only weeks of grinding glass on an encounter can build.)  Still the real issue is DPS and hit points.  You can eat a Dark Glare now no sweat (if the encounter had gone on long enough to see one).  The normal green Beam doubles in damage each bounce and starts at ~1.5-2k damage if memory servers, which means you could see 6 bounces before it it starts killing off even the least geared DPS, with only 8 people in the raid I think we could've piled all on top of each other and possible beat the encounter based on how fast he died (a slightly exaggeration based on how fasts he shoots those things, but really not by THAT much)

Hell, I was running MC the other day with 1 friend ( I know it can be soloed but we just did it for old times sake) and we were running out of the fire on Gehennas out of pure habit even though it was doing trivial amounts of damage per tick.  Old habits die hard, heh.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 82 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cracks starting to show?  
Jump to: