Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1018537 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #3045 on: May 21, 2013, 05:59:11 PM

Sounds like it's time for my Stalker 5M and Founder's Catapult to take a little walkabout once more.

Sounds like the perfect time to buy a Trenchbucket or two  awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3046 on: May 22, 2013, 12:39:44 AM

On yesterday's missile update. In short, they buffed it too much, so in the first June's patch there's going to be a nerf to pslash damage and dive angle. Along with crosshair shaking when using Jump Jets (confirmed).

Missiles Missiles Everywhere!

As you may have noticed, and if you haven't then hoooboy, the LRM/SRM flightpaths have been rewritten.

By default, there are a number of points along a flight path that tell the missiles when to change direction in their arc to target.

As you can see this is a standard arc flight path. This is not an issue at the moment.

There IS however an issue with in-direct fire. When you have a spotter spotting you and the LRM carrier does NOT have line-of-sight, we move the "dive now" point closer to the target to help hit people hiding behind minimal cover. The problem is, we've pushed this dive point too far out and have missiles dropping too steeply.

One other thing (and this was sorta mentioned in Ask the Devs 38), is that we missed the patch window by a day and were not able to get a splash damage reduction into the build for this patch. The splash damage is pushing a lot of damage to CT at the moment.

These issues will be fixed very soon. (Hopefully before the first June patch. If not, then it WILL be the first June patch)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:44:35 AM by Falconeer »

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #3047 on: May 22, 2013, 01:18:20 AM

I don't know if it was intentional but making LRM's crazy powerful (for the 4th time?) was an effective way of stopping everyone running sniper builds.  That sniper shit was the worst thing ever, at least you can get close to an lrm boat for an easy kill.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:20:17 AM by Arthur_Parker »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3048 on: May 22, 2013, 01:55:13 AM

My impression is that random games are always gonna suck and they are inevitably going to show the worst aspects of the actual meta. I'd say the game is beginning to have lots of counters for pretty much everything, but that only shows in organized play. Scouting, indirect fire, calling targets, maneuvering, baiting, expand and collapse, capping, intercepting, there's so many useful things that can be done by good teams with coordination. Especially in Conquest maps. In random matches though, the average quality of everything is really low and it's nothing more than a trigger-happy mess where the flavours-of-the-meta-month make everything even more annoying. I am really looking forward to organized play, be it Community Warfare or simply Tournaments.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3049 on: May 22, 2013, 03:27:28 AM

I dunno.  Group this morning with a NARC/TAG Commando running about spotting.

It was brutal.  We didn't even hurt them.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #3050 on: May 22, 2013, 07:22:58 AM

I don't know if it was intentional but making LRM's crazy powerful (for the 4th time?) was an effective way of stopping everyone running sniper builds.  That sniper shit was the worst thing ever, at least you can get close to an lrm boat for an easy kill.

Just had a massive mechwarrior session LRMs are pretty overpowered now but like Arthur stated LRMs are much much more easier to counter than snipers. The other wonderful thing is LRMs promote light mechs spotting.  Heart awesome, for real
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3051 on: May 22, 2013, 07:56:29 AM

My favorite mech is still the founder atlas with 2xlarge pulse and 2xlrm15+tag. Most of the time it's pretty weak and then there are some moments it's overpowered but rarely does it feel balanced awesome, for real
and yes, lrms are probably overpowered again since the single game I played yesterday was 4 kills and 1 assist
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3052 on: May 22, 2013, 11:26:17 AM

I think the new map is shit.

Is it just me ?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #3053 on: May 22, 2013, 05:26:47 PM

I think the new map is shit.

Is it just me ?

I kinda like it but I've only played on it 3 times. It's visually nice and seems kinda tactical where you pop in and out of. Also it promotes jumpjet use not just for poptarting. So it has a tick from me.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #3054 on: May 22, 2013, 10:18:06 PM

CT damage was a touch high with LRM's last night, but that can be tweaked.  agreed in that LRMs are alot easier to counter than alpha builds. 

I think buffing CT hp slightly across the board would be a reasonable change to make also, to take the focus off coring someone everytime and instead incapacitating mechs (arms/leg/head/shoulders).

*Should be working*
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #3055 on: May 23, 2013, 12:05:59 AM

CT damage was a touch high with LRM's last night, but that can be tweaked.  agreed in that LRMs are alot easier to counter than alpha builds. 

I think buffing CT hp slightly across the board would be a reasonable change to make also, to take the focus off coring someone everytime and instead incapacitating mechs (arms/leg/head/shoulders).

This is more due to TAG/NARC/Artemis stacking issues combined with decreased LRM spread and increased LRM damage.

You're now allowed to eat one volley in an Atlas in the open before being ripped to shreds. I like it and my 4 Med Pulse laser, 2x LRM 15, AC 20 Founder Atlas a lot more now
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3056 on: May 23, 2013, 12:21:17 AM

While the buffs to NARC/TAG/Artemis grouping are helping, they admitted too much LRM damage is going to the CT and said it's gonna be fixed in the next patch.

we missed the patch window by a day and were not able to get a splash damage reduction into the build for this patch. The splash damage is pushing a lot of damage to CT at the moment.

UPDATE: Ekman twitted that it might be hotfixed this week.

UPDATE 2 (more twits): "Min range (for PPC) is 90m. At 45m the PPC was doing 25% damage, instead of 50% damage."

So basically PPC got a buff under the 90m. I understand it was broken before, still...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:47:51 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3057 on: May 24, 2013, 12:57:45 AM

Inouye says the LRM fix is gonna be deployed today.

LRM flight path has had it's drop point moved back along the path by 23% when using indirect firing. Splash damage drastically reduced. Damage per missile and all other aspects have not been changed.

The flight path change makes it so that when you have indirect firing capabilities, the missiles don't come down at 80'ish degrees. They now come down between 60-70 degrees allowing you to take cover much easier. Stay out in the open and you're still going to feel the pain.

Hope the splash damage is about Streaks too, they seem to be lethal again now that pugs have stopped caring about ECM.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3058 on: May 24, 2013, 02:44:09 AM

While the buffs to NARC/TAG/Artemis grouping are helping, they admitted too much LRM damage is going to the CT and said it's gonna be fixed in the next patch.

we missed the patch window by a day and were not able to get a splash damage reduction into the build for this patch. The splash damage is pushing a lot of damage to CT at the moment.

UPDATE: Ekman twitted that it might be hotfixed this week.

UPDATE 2 (more twits): "Min range (for PPC) is 90m. At 45m the PPC was doing 25% damage, instead of 50% damage."

So basically PPC got a buff under the 90m. I understand it was broken before, still...

ERPPC becomes a really bad choice now with its higher heat now that PPCs are useful at close range.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3059 on: May 24, 2013, 05:27:32 AM

A playlist of Mechwarrior tips and tutorials from Koreanese, apparently regarded as one of the best pilots out there. He dominated the Medium and Heavy category in the last tournament, but people say he's an insanely good Jenner pilot too.

Anyway, if you are bored, take a look at this gosu mechwarrior.

EDIT: A funny collection of all the things people told him about his winning the tournaments.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:34:22 AM by Falconeer »

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3060 on: May 24, 2013, 04:29:58 PM

I dunno about you but unless I see that the CT is unarmored or something, I always target side torsos.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3061 on: May 25, 2013, 01:58:16 AM

The Victor, an 80 tons assault, will be 'mech #20, arriving in July after the Orion (June).

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:04:23 AM by Falconeer »

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #3062 on: May 25, 2013, 07:42:59 AM

Fucking awesome
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #3063 on: May 25, 2013, 01:35:17 PM

Finally!  I've been waiting for the Victor.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3064 on: May 25, 2013, 02:50:41 PM

It's been a while since we've had a heavy jump jetting Gauss/PPC enabled mech.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #3065 on: May 26, 2013, 01:01:43 AM

FIFY:  awesome, for real

It's been a while since we've had a heavy jump jetting Gauss/PPC enabled mech that isn't ugly.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Been playing quite a bit, LRM has been adjust and a good balance of mechs in the games I've been playing, poptarts still exist but I can only remember one match where poptarts were the majority and actually won.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3066 on: May 26, 2013, 01:17:19 AM

I haven't really stopped.  Been playing continously since, well, forever.  Just mastering my Highlanders right now.

And poptarting isn't as prevalant, but since the LRM hotfix, PPC/Gauss is starting to show some resurgence, even though LRMs can still smack them down a little.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3067 on: May 26, 2013, 05:56:02 AM

LRMs on their own cant seem to kill things now.  Which isn't terribly balanced.  Took the stalker 5m out last night, I've got 2 20 and 2 10 rack launchers on it.  Had an atlas charge me in a valley on the new map where I had a clear LOS and got a TAG on him from 750m.  I fired at least 5 full salvoes on him before he got to within 180 and raped me with his ac20 or gauss. 

Nothing on him was darker than heavy damage so it would have taken 3 more salvos at least. I've had similar problems on smaller mechs.  The only kills i get are if im sniping a kill from someone else or a lucky cockpitting.   You're a target softener and supressor, not much more, so expect the resurgence in full of ppc & gauss machines in pugs.  You can't take on that sort of role without support.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3068 on: May 26, 2013, 06:58:05 AM

Sorry, sorry, sorry, Llyse the social tools are SHITE.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3069 on: May 26, 2013, 02:50:15 PM

I can't really say if it is because I am playing in a lower ELO tier, or if it's because I am learning how to hide from PPC, or if it's because people are boating something else or ultimately if it is due to some other changes, but personally I can't complain at all about the quality of my games post patch. Lots more brawls and overall fun. Sure I am biased, but it's really not much like pre patch. Oh wait, maybe it's because there's a little less Alpine Peaks and Tourmaline than before, too.

About that, I find Canyon Network, the new map, pretty good to stay away from snipers. I have lots of cool melee fights there.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3070 on: May 27, 2013, 01:16:23 AM

Yeah, it's much, much better now.

Edited to add :  It's hasn't solved the problems tho - AC needs to be looked at again for ranges and damages and 6 PPC boating is still there and still works when it shouldn't.  If I was them I'd really, really, really be looking into Heat and what they can do to make it actually matter again.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:36:28 AM by Ironwood »

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3071 on: May 27, 2013, 03:00:40 AM

I wish they would just make some weapons (like PPC) bigger (take one more slot) than they are right now (though I have no idea if that would fix anything or just break things even more)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3072 on: May 27, 2013, 04:44:34 AM

While I personally like that solution, I feel having variable Hardpoints would not only break a lot of actually interesting builds, it would also go against the spirit of the original design.

schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #3073 on: May 27, 2013, 04:05:43 PM

I feel that making bigger weapons take more slots will do some good by limiting what large weaps can be carried on smaller chassis, but will invalidate some of the niche smaller mechs who really thrive because you can load a PPC/gauss/ac20 on an arm slot (without boating 4 of the damn things).

They need to ditch the whole every chassis has the same base heat dissipation and heat max thing.  A jenner should not be able to cope with as much heat as an atlas and it should not be able to cool down as fast.  from there you've got a situation where only heavy/assault mechs can reliably boat ppc/gauss/ac20s, next is to bump the heat of ppcs and overheat/override structure damage, severely taper off ac20 damage at range and voila, pretty much done.

still, the game is funner than it was a couple of weeks ago.

*Should be working*
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3074 on: May 28, 2013, 01:35:21 AM

LRMs on their own cant seem to kill things now.  Which isn't terribly balanced.  Took the stalker 5m out last night, I've got 2 20 and 2 10 rack launchers on it.  Had an atlas charge me in a valley on the new map where I had a clear LOS and got a TAG on him from 750m.  I fired at least 5 full salvoes on him before he got to within 180 and raped me with his ac20 or gauss. 

Nothing on him was darker than heavy damage so it would have taken 3 more salvos at least. I've had similar problems on smaller mechs.  The only kills i get are if im sniping a kill from someone else or a lucky cockpitting.   You're a target softener and supressor, not much more, so expect the resurgence in full of ppc & gauss machines in pugs.  You can't take on that sort of role without support.

I think something is broken with LRM's - the games I'm in LRM spotters are utterly wrecking shit.  Total destruction.  And yet there are some, like Merusk, that field complaints like this.  Certainly my Highlanders carry some LRM racks and enjoy a good old smackdown - I think that we'll probably find that LRM15's don't work and LRM20's are overpowered or something stupid like that.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3075 on: May 28, 2013, 02:12:12 PM

The reward is stupid, but somehow I wanna see if I can get 25 wins by Friday.

Here you can check your progress.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3076 on: May 28, 2013, 03:10:47 PM

The reward is stupid, but somehow I wanna see if I can get 25 wins by Friday.

Here you can check your progress.

If only Old Gods DLC hadn't been released for CK2 today... (so no hope of me playing anything else than that this week)  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3077 on: May 28, 2013, 03:19:43 PM

I have a similar problem. I only have tomorrow and thursday to do this, and Grid 2 is coming out. Meh..

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3078 on: May 28, 2013, 04:29:19 PM

Ugh.  I'd have to make a hundred drops over the next few days.  Not doing that for a silly 3050 holo.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #3079 on: May 28, 2013, 05:14:22 PM

Ugh.  I'd have to make a hundred drops over the next few days.  Not doing that for a silly 3050 holo.

No don't give up Red panda person! With our powers combined we are team catass!  awesome, for real
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: