Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Age of Conan Beta 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age of Conan Beta  (Read 97303 times)
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: December 15, 2007, 10:21:05 PM

Anyway, according to developer Jørgen Tharaldsen:

Through your IP we can control what kind of content you'll see, so let's say you come from Germany, you might not see all the fatality moves, but we hope you will see all of them, we'll know soon when we hear back from the ratings boards, whereas in the US you might not see nipples. But you probably will see nipples in Norway, for instance.
No nipples? 

ACK!
It's not too hard to guess why: They want to the game to be able to sell in retail chains that don't stock nippily games. 

The good news is I'm nearly positive there will be some kind of hack you can perform to restore their artificial natural beauty.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: December 15, 2007, 11:49:24 PM

If their models looked like the bit they did for the Dec issue of Playboy, I could see getting worked up about the lack of digital boobies.

As it stands, I'm more concerned that the game will be lagtastic crap than I am about a few nipple shots.  I do find it asinine that an M game, which means you need to be 18 to buy it as far as I know, is going to be censored.  ACK!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: December 16, 2007, 05:33:48 AM

Well, that works both ways. In the U.S., they'll censor out the toplessness. In Germany, for example, they'll likely have to censor out the chopped-off-head blood and guts. I'm sure as much as we look forward to the former here, there are folks in Germany who'll be pissed about the latter.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: December 16, 2007, 06:43:28 AM

but Germany's system just makes more sense!  Nipples never hurt anyone!  FREE THE NIPPLES!!!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: December 16, 2007, 07:17:18 AM

I'm sure as much as we look forward to the former here, there are folks in Germany who'll be pissed about the latter.

True.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #460 on: December 16, 2007, 05:11:05 PM

but Germany's system just makes more sense!  Nipples never hurt anyone!  FREE THE NIPPLES!!!

Maybe the US version could have nipples if you were able to chop them off.

Compromise - it's the best of both worlds.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: December 17, 2007, 07:37:30 AM

Well, that works both ways. In the U.S., they'll censor out the toplessness. In Germany, for example, they'll likely have to censor out the chopped-off-head blood and guts. I'm sure as much as we look forward to the former here, there are folks in Germany who'll be pissed about the latter.

It infuriates me that the US is so backwards that seeing a head being chopped off in glorious technocolor is for some reason more acceptable than seeing a fucking nipple.  Mob

Over and out.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #462 on: December 17, 2007, 07:44:56 AM

Yikes!  Now I know why unsub is named unsub.   ACK!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
dr_dre
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: December 17, 2007, 08:43:32 AM

Come to Holland you'll get to see a female char smoking weed with one arm cut off and her perky tits bouncing up and down  :)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #464 on: December 17, 2007, 10:01:10 AM

I love Holland.  And not just for the weed smoking and perky tits.

Well, maybe for the weed smoking....

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #465 on: December 17, 2007, 06:37:43 PM

Yikes!  Now I know why unsub is named unsub.   ACK!

I was only trying to cater to the desires of the US market. Does that make me a bad person?

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #466 on: December 19, 2007, 01:18:35 AM

Video-report from Funcom Offices

A behind-the scenes video that takes you through parts of the Funcom offices, showing off things like motion-capture, weather/environmental features, mounted combat and the first look ever of crafting in AoC. :P

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Age of Conan Beta  
Jump to: