Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: House 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: House  (Read 77195 times)
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

on: September 09, 2008, 03:29:41 PM

Seriously? No thread?

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 03:46:06 PM

I've only seen maybe 5 episodes, all scattered about, but they were good. I think I'll pick up the series on Netflix once I'm done with my kungfu movies.

- Viin
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:19:14 PM

The end of last season helped things get back on track, but I still haven't entirely forgiven the show for that god damn Tritter cop arc. 
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:22:08 PM

Mrs. Naum's favorite show…

What was wrong with Tritter cop arc?

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 09:38:50 PM

I'm not a fan of the new season. All the new interns are sub-par compared to the original 3.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 10:03:41 PM

I'm not a fan of the new season. All the new interns are sub-par compared to the original 3.
Yeah but now there's two hotties on the show awesome, for real Also the whole selection process was just the best.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:41:41 AM

I love House.  The only thing that makes me sort of sad is knowing that Bertie Wooster is probably dead forever.  Don't laugh!  It really did used to be my favourite show!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 09:15:49 AM

The Tritter cop arc went on way too long and really didn't accomplish much of anything. The intern arc was great though. I have to admit to having a soft spot for Kal Penn because of Harold & Kumar. The season finale was a really well done way to kill off a character.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 09:34:41 AM

Did everyone miss the season premiere?  There wasn't as much House in House as usual.  awesome, for real

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 09:44:00 AM

Death Changes You.
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 11:29:49 AM

or to put it another way...

Almost dying changes nothing.
Actually dying changes everything.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 01:38:26 PM

or to put it another way...

Almost dying changes nothing.
Actually dying changes everything.

How is this a spoiler?  I agree with others that you shouldn't need the spoiler tag to discuss events that have already been broadcasted on tv.   awesome, for real

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 02:15:41 PM

I love House.  The only thing that makes me sort of sad is knowing that Bertie Wooster is probably dead forever.  Don't laugh!  It really did used to be my favourite show!

You still get it over here on Gold or ITV3.

Ahhh, the good old days.

That said, I love House.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 03:12:29 PM

I wish he'd team back up with Rowan Atkinson and do some more Black Adder. There are tons of historical periods that still need to be covered.
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 06:45:28 AM

How is this a spoiler?  I agree with others that you shouldn't need the spoiler tag to discuss events that have already been broadcasted on tv.

Well if someone missed that episode, it would have been a pretty big fucking spoiler to them.  Figured better safe then sorry.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 09:39:21 PM

House is one of my favorite shows ever and I own all 4 seasons on DVD but it's hilarious how everything has to somehow go back to normal at the end of every season. I know people will point to the end of Season 4 (which was lame IMO) but outside of some references to it nothing will really change that much.

The Vogler and Tritter arcs annoyed the shit out of me. Let's build up all this stuff and uh...have it kinda peter out...uselessly. Tritter at least got some words in at the end, Vogler just up and disappeared.

Also, I'm agreeing they haven't done much with the new interns. I refuse to call Kumar...anything but Kumar. They haven't done shit with him really compared to say, Taub.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 09:54:42 PM

Also, I'm agreeing they haven't done much with the new interns. I refuse to call Kumar...anything but Kumar. They haven't done shit with him really compared to say, Taub.

Who cares about him? More Thirteen awesome, for real
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 04:31:25 AM

Please not! She can go to your house and satisfy you or whatever, just keep her boring storyline off the screen!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 05:59:38 AM

I hear she's bisexual!  It's completely irrelevant to anything, but make sure it's mentioned in every single episode!

Over and out.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 06:48:42 AM

In fairness, Sex was always a big thing on House.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 03:03:20 PM

You have to pronounce it KOO MAR like the asshole cop in the movie.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 12:40:28 AM

The repack of the new episode was missing the last sentence of audio. All I could get was:

Can someone spoiler the rest of that sentence for me?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 03:51:37 AM

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:53:39 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Does anyone else see the character rotation as Fox attempting to save money by giving previous main characters bit roles. I don't really like the PI and the new helpers aren't nearly as interesting.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 10:46:50 AM

I don't know the reason behind it, money, bad writing, whatever, but there is zero character development going on.  Anywhere.  With anyone.  Even House doesn't seem as interesting as usual.  If they're going to get rid of some of the characters they have already developed to a certain degree, they have to give us something on who's left.  As much as I like the House character, his terrible interaction with his peers and employees is one of his main characteristics and one of the reasons I enjoy the show.  Hopefully, it was a brief lull.  If not, then bring back Bertie!

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 12:11:25 PM

Yeah, it seems to be faultering a bit, and I really wish they'd bring back the original fellowship. They could have done so much more with them.

Hugh Laurie is credited as an exec producer now; is that new this season? Maybe he just wants to do new things with the show.

Last night I caught a rerun of the cancer girl episode. It's like the show used to have teeth, used to be about tough stuff and the humorous ways we deal with it all. Now it's just a bunch of clashing personalities and desperately trying to be different but not succeeding. It's still very watchable to me, but not as interesting as it used to be.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 02:43:24 PM

Yeah, it seems to be faultering a bit, and I really wish they'd bring back the original fellowship. They could have done so much more with them.

Hugh Laurie is credited as an exec producer now; is that new this season? Maybe he just wants to do new things with the show.
He got the title as part of his pay raise this season.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN1235329620080912
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 05:10:12 PM

The soap that was in the show is completely gone in my eyes. Also, House himself has gone from self-centered and childish to downright aggressive and mean. I'm not getting this whole Wilson  plotline - it's suggested it springs from House's sociopathy, but House isn't a sociopath, he just got a huge, petty-minded ego. He is not evil, he's over-the-top frank which can be seen as evil, but with the difference that you as a viewer knew he was, in essence, right and rational (except occasionally).

This shit is depressing and it's not supposed to be that. Fuck it, House was one of my favorite shows since Rome ended and they cancelled Deadwood.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 05:38:13 PM

I don't get why Wilson hates him now unless House really blew him up in the first episode of this season, which I missed.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 06:59:40 PM

You need to watch the end of the first episode.

Also, this spoiler tag stuff is stupid.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 07:03:58 AM

So Private Dancer from Scrubs is now the new Wilson?

Anyway yeah, we don't need spoiler tags for things that have already happened.  Who goes in a TV thread when they haven't seen the latest episode?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 07:26:05 AM

The Wilson thing is another part of House's glacial growth. He's finally realized that he ACTUALLY NEEDS SOMEONE. That very realization is drives him crazy, because he's always prided himself on not needing anything from anyone. Wilson doesn't blame him for Amber's death (he said so at the end of EP1), he just realizes he's been enabling House's shitty behavior.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 07:48:14 AM

Eh, Wilson will be back. They're just jerking around the viewer.

And it looks like Thirteen is going to be the center of a whole lot of conflict, maybe even love interest Dr. House…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 08:17:46 AM

He can't be in love with Thirteen.  She sucks! 

Also - I'm with Trippy.  I hate these spoiler tags.  I'm clever enough not to go into TV threads if I'm worried about it.  So, yeah, hate them.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 08:19:26 AM

awesome, for real

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: House  
Jump to: