Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: How fun is lotro when only playing 2-3 hours a day? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How fun is lotro when only playing 2-3 hours a day?  (Read 18165 times)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #35 on: June 15, 2008, 03:24:07 PM

Some friends and i have started up recently, and so far we're finding it very fun. It is however a bit problematic in that the game tends to require grouped levelling later on, and that questing is pretty much the only real way to gain levels. Also, don't play a Capitain if you can help it.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 10:56:11 AM

So I'm thinking of installing LOTRO again, I haven't played it since launch, but I remember I enjoyed it back then. Now after playing AoC, how is the leveling curve ? How fun is it while leveling ?

Its fun, but will feel extremely slow after playing AoC.  Movement, levelling, combat, etc.  Slooooow.

Everything is slow after AOC.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 11:09:22 AM

Some friends and i have started up recently, and so far we're finding it very fun. It is however a bit problematic in that the game tends to require grouped levelling later on, and that questing is pretty much the only real way to gain levels.

My brother and I have been playing together, once or twice a week for a few months now. We just reached level 41.

I recall that starting in the 20s and going all through the 30s, there are quite a large number of grouped quests and questlines. But, we have been able to get leveled up, just from solo and small-group questing (and the associated mayhem) almost all the way up till now.

We did hit a lull during level 40. This was mainly because we didn't go back to Angmar right away -- it turns out there are a big pile of level 40 appropriate quests there. We filled out this lull by grinding deeds, and working on a couple of rep quests that we found, so at least we did have something goal-oriented to do.

Then we returned to Angmar and found the quests there. Good lord they have a lot to do. Between Angmar, Forochel, and the Misty Mountains, I imagine we'll have plenty to do from here out.

And I fully expect that Turbine will keep adding solo and small-group content for the 20s and 30s. There are still blank spots on the world map for them to fill in.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 12:32:08 PM

Yea, i was quite surprised at the amount of content they've packed into what at first glance looks like a very small game-world. Here's to hoping that they broaden the perspectives for mid-game single and duo play.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 02:31:10 AM

20-30 should be quick, or, always have been for me atleast. Early on you can do western Lone-lands (Forsaken Inn mostly) then move on to Ost Guruth and Trestlebridge in North Downs. Late 20's can be done mostly east of Esteldin (quests picked up in Esteldin itself). Plus you got a number of quests of various nature in Bree, instance quests in Great Barrows and Big/Giant problems from the ranger behind the Prancing Pony and all that.

30 to 35 are likely the slowest levels currently in the game. Being after North Downs and before Evendim opens up, you may need to spend a few nights looking for groups to do Dol Dinen in North Downs and Agamaur in Lone-lands to slug through. I think both those areas are really cool though so you should go there atleast once just to check it out anyways. There are also some early quests in western Trollshaws around those levels. These increase in level as you go farther east, with Tāl Bruinen being late 30's.

40-50 is probably the most quest-packed level band in the entire game. Misty Mountains is a bit of a mix between solo and grouped, while Forochel is almost purely solo and Angmar has a fairly heavy focus on grouping.

Oh, remember that crafting (gaining proficiency levels) aswell as deeds both yield experience.

And yes, it is slow. It was slow even for its time. smiley

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: How fun is lotro when only playing 2-3 hours a day?  
Jump to: